PDA

View Full Version : PSP: PSB (Portable Sensor Bar for Wii)

blackrave
November 30th, 2006, 17:37
Darkwolf released today an app that can make the PSP a sensor bar for the Wii, from what I can understand. It has not been tested yet, so Darkwolf can't guarantee it works, so please, if anyone has a Wii, can you test it and post results? Thanks.

This is from PSBs readme file:

simply load psb from xmb, plce your psp on top of, or under your TV and point
the ir port located at the top of your psp facing your holding your wiimote.

THIS APP IS DESIGNED TO ENCOURAGE PSP-Wii FRIENDLYNESS :D

this has not been tested with a wii console and is currently only a proof of concept basic design.
may work better with 2 psp's scince there is only one IR led on each psp.

anyhow this may not work with only one psp and the more the merrier.

basic coding by me (DarkWolf)
Graphics by me

DEbug by OMAR_OMAR2

special thanks to creators of luaplayer

PS: Can a moderator add Wii to the topic name?

Download via comments

SwordOfZork
November 30th, 2006, 22:19
I didn't even realize the PSP had an IR LED on it. This is the first I've heard of this feature. What purpose does it serve if the PSP already has WiFi capabilities?

I can tell you right now, though, this definitely WILL NOT WORK with only one source of IR light. The remote needs two, and only two to function properly. They also need to be spaces a reasonable distance apart (about 1')

Flatlander
December 1st, 2006, 03:57
Sword of zork, PSPs have a feature in them called Ad-Hoc, which allows people to play together via infrared and you dont even have to be in the same room. Great alternative to having a wireless router. it also allows wireless file transfers, and other things like that. PSPs can also be used as a universal remote, which is effin awesome. Now wii sensor bar? awesome!

SwordOfZork
December 1st, 2006, 05:08
Sword of zork, PSPs have a feature in them called Ad-Hoc, which allows people to play together via infrared and you dont even have to be in the same room. Great alternative to having a wireless router. it also allows wireless file transfers, and other things like that. PSPs can also be used as a universal remote, which is effin awesome. Now wii sensor bar? awesome!

Ad Hoc is a form of decentralized wireless network setup using 802.11 protocols. In other words: Ad Hoc uses radio signals, not IR, and it would take an ENORMOUS amount of power to send digital IR signals through walls, enough power to melt your PSP.

Flatlander
December 1st, 2006, 19:49
Good to know! I never knew a wireless would work in any way without a router. I was told it used IR signals for adhoc, but come to think of it about the enormous amount of power, so true and.. well.. common sense!

junito a
December 1st, 2006, 20:37
hola