PDA

View Full Version : Question? Is Sirius Black really dead?

Emeriastone
December 1st, 2006, 06:57
It seems to me that Sirius Black isn't really dead and that I predict that he comes back in book 7.

Reasons for this: you never see him die, and he just disappears into that portal thingy, I don't think this means he's dead.

And, toward the end of that book, the 5th book, Luna Lovegood and Harry have a conversation where she says something about hearing voices behind the curtain/portal when they were in the ministry of magic place (or whatever that thing is), and then J.K Rowling doesn't elaborate on it anymore.

So, anyone have anything to add to this?

Is he dead or not??

wraggster
December 1st, 2006, 16:40
yeah i always wondered about that

thats one curtain i wouldnt want to go through

Raach.16
July 22nd, 2007, 19:20
did you notice in the 5th film (obv it was going to be released before the 7th book and maybe jk rowling was hoping people were gunnas ee that first)

that bellatrix used the killing curse of sirius before he went in the veil, so it kinda justified in the film that he couldnt come back in th 7th book

though his spirit did come back or whatever..

marsbarluvr
July 23rd, 2007, 13:51
in a way the film spoiled it for me because I was sure he wasn't dead. but oh well. now we know he is, but we still don't know exactly what killed him, what exactly happens when you fall through the veil. but I suppose since his spirit briefly returned from the dead there's no use arguing against it anymore...
also, speaking of the film...who is Nigel?

Dobby
July 23rd, 2007, 13:57
Have you read the last book???

If you read a certain chapter towards the end you will know the answer to this question.
Harry walks into the forest, he has Sirius and a few others with him.

I'm not saying anymore than that, coz its enough to confuse you if you haven't read the book, and enough to understand what I'm talking about if you have read the book.

Raach.16
July 23rd, 2007, 19:27
nigel? what? lol

and dobby, we were talking about people seeing the 5th film before reading the 7th book ,so peoples doubts as to whether sirius was really dead would be squashed in the 5th film. they would then obv go on to read the 7th book and see that as he comes back when harry turns the stone over, and know he was dead

wk062092
July 23rd, 2007, 20:04
but what was that veil?!? its obvious serious is dead. but what happened with his body...

Raach.16
July 23rd, 2007, 21:10
jk rowling said in a newspaper today that she'll probably write an encylopedia (or w/e spelling) about the wizarding world, but not including characters, so the veil might be explained there

she said she was gunna put a load of stuff in it that she hasdnt used in the books

xBABYCEE
July 24th, 2007, 00:31
It was really sad for me when I read the part about Snape dying & how Harry Potter never knew the true him. I never would have imagined that Snape could ever have the ability to LOVE someone, but hey; I guess I'm wrong, eh? Did Snape love Lily because she was the only one who saw him as a friend, or something? I mean, it's kind of cute how she was his childhood lover, it's like, scary man VS sweet angel & all. MANGG; seriously - after I read the book, that part was the only part I could think of. I wish in the end taht the Elder Wand posessed some sort of power that could bring back the dead. Maybe Harry Potter would have thought twice about detesting that hooked-nosed man that had always "cared" for him afterall. ;)

Dobby
July 24th, 2007, 15:08
The whole reason that the viel/arch is in the department of mysteries, is because it is a mystery,

Some believe that with D'dore calling the room 'death chamber' in OotP that it used to be used as a form of wizarding execution. The whole room being set as an auditorium gives the impression that the room was once used as an extension to the trial rooms near by.

Others have theories of it being the home of lost souls, a portal to the after life. Some theories better than others. At the end of the day its best to let your own imagination choose what you think it is, and why some can hear voices while other can't, why some are drawn in by it while others remain unaffected.

elleeeeeeeen
July 24th, 2007, 23:16
but what was that veil?!? its obvious serious is dead. but what happened with his body...
isn't it obvious that the veil represents death and "the beyond" or whatever you want to call it? I believe that the veil is some kind of metaphor for that...

and also, sirius pretty much has to be gone. Bellatrix used AK, right? as dumbledore said, no spells can reawaken the dead... To me, it seems pretty straight forward. although it is kind of fun to speculate, I think that he's a goner.

paddfoot2
August 15th, 2007, 10:19
Of coarse he's dead, he fell into the veil. Dumbledore calls this the death room(or somthing simalar) so i think that this used to be used for exicutions. Plus in the film he gets hit with Ak, Jk would have stoped them doing that if he wasn't realy dead.