PDA

View Full Version : Irshell 3.0

Kramer
December 1st, 2006, 07:30
iR Shell 3.0 (http://www.irshell.com) public release is finally out. With the help from Dark_Alex, this version can now run under firmware 2.71. Below is a highlight to some of the new features. For a complete list, refer to the "Revision History.txt" document.

Feature Summary
- Full support on firmware 1.5, 2.71 with HenD, Dark_Alex 2.71 SEC, Devhook firmware emulation with 1.5 & 2.71.
- Added "Mute Game Audio" function to allow muting of game specific audio channels. For example, you can mute the game music and leave the sound effort intact while playing your favorite mp3s via iR Shell mp3 player.
- Allow use of PC Joysticks or keyboards instead of PSP keypad to control iR Shell, UMD Games or homebrews via USB or WiFi. You can even use the 2nd analog nub on a PC joystick to control the game, such as aiming in a FPS.
- Besides launching XMB from fw 1.5 iR Shell. you can now launch XMB from fw 2.71 iR Shell. Together with host redirections, you can use firmware 2.71 XMB Moive Player to view MP4 & AVC movies stored on a PC. You can also use the built-in iR Shell MP3 player after launching XMB.
- Updated the launch XMB function, so you can leave the game disc in the UMD drive when launching XMB.
- Allow the use of maximum LCD brightness settings (4th brightness normally available only with a power adapter).
- The following plugins have been ported/converted for firmware 2.71 iR Shell, which means these types of files can be opened directly when running iR Shell under firmware 2.71. They can also be run standalone under firmware 2.71 if you wish. The source code can be downloaded from iR Shell forum.
* Pmf Player (PMF)
* Bookr 0.71 (TXT & PDF)
* PMPMOD AVC 1.02 (AVC)
* Atrac3 Player (AT3)
* ZIP & RAR Unarchiver (ZIP & RAR)
- Added a firmware version indicator to tell you what firmware version iR Shell is running.
- Allow pmf movie as splash screen.
- Changed the maximum number of plugins from 10 to 20.
- Changed the maximum mp3 playlist size from 10 to 30.
- Changed the maximum highlighted files from 10 to 30 for File Manipulation.
- You can associate an icon image to each sub-folder under APP view.

Special Thanks to:
- Dark_Alex for helping to crack several Sony protections to allow iR Shell to run under firmware 2.71 environment.
- StoneCut for managing the iR Shell forum, providing technical supports and releasing an ISO plugin for iR Shell which is bundled with this release. The ISO plugin is for Dark_Alex 2.71 SEC and should only be used to play legally owned backups. Suloku has also released another ISO plugin for iR Shell in the iR Shell forum.
- AnonymousTipster for releasing a modded version of usbhostfs & nethostfs which allows user to customise the PC joystick and keyboard layout when using keypad redirection feature.
- Terdinglage for making a Package Generator for iR Shell. This is a very user friendly and powerful generator which allows the users to pick the specific iR Shell packages via a web interface. You can choose different skins with PMF splash intro (many of which are not included in the default 3.0 release) and Infra-Red Remotes, and it will generate a compressed archive which you can then install to your PSP. Here is a direct link to the iR Shell package generator: http://www.pspbrew.com/index.php?pag...r.php&packId=2 (http://www.pspbrew.com/index.php?page=packs/generator.php&packId=2)
- All Beta Testers for their torture testing and valuable suggestions.
- All Skins Makers for enhancing the interface look and feel.

Keypad Redirection Video preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yOYlEFUsyk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tb4jD-GBIU

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

opiate81
December 1st, 2006, 07:42
GREAT!!!!
Thanks for the heads up Kramer!
this is my favourite and most used app
I autoboot to it in 1.5 :D

Uruz 6
December 1st, 2006, 08:14
GREAT!!!!
Thanks for the heads up Kramer!
this is my favourite and most used app
I autoboot to it in 1.5 :D

Same here - I'll take a look once I'm back from work!!

Baboon
December 1st, 2006, 09:12
I'm liking the idea of these functions:

- Added "Mute Game Audio" function to allow muting of game specific audio channels.

- Allow use of PC Joysticks or keyboards instead of PSP keypad to control iR Shell, UMD Games or homebrews via USB or WiFi. You can even use the 2nd analog nub on a PC joystick to control the game, such as aiming in a FPS.
- Allow the use of maximum LCD brightness settings

In particular the ‘2nd analog nub for fps games’! .....yes yes! :)

Downloading this will be the first thing I will do when I get home.

splodger15
December 1st, 2006, 09:28
This is good

Uruz 6
December 1st, 2006, 10:29
So, anybody tested this yet? I want to know how it is!!

tophead420
December 1st, 2006, 10:33
wow a new IRshell sweet does anyone know if you can luanch 2.8x umds from this cuz id like to listen to my music while playing my GTA VCS

Veskgar
December 1st, 2006, 10:41
Somebody pinch me. I don't want this to be a dream...

What incredible news. You can play FPS games on the PSP via a PC controller with dual analog sticks? You can play PMP AVC videos directly through irShell?

I will be playing with this for some time.

Thanks, thanks, and THANKS!!! for this.

CONCERNING 2.71
Will this run in both DevHook emulated 2.71 AND 2.71 SE?

starogre
December 1st, 2006, 11:35
so how exactly does ir shell work? does it brick your psp at all?

if i downgraded to 1.5 and installed se-b'', can i still run this?

lol sorry i really don't understand what this does....does it emulate fw 3.0 and such or what?

Kramer
December 1st, 2006, 11:39
CONCERNING 2.71
Will this run in both DevHook emulated 2.71 AND 2.71 SE?

I think it works on both you just put it in GAME271 on SE-C

I havent tried it yet though.

michael_dack_2005
December 1st, 2006, 11:42
Just downloaded it, placed it on my PSP, BLOODY HELL!

IR Shell has now got an honourary place on my PSP, it aint ever being deleted.

It does work with 2.71 SE-C, but i go on both the red icon and the whit icon, and they both say I am running 1.5.

Oh well, small bug in a top class shell, great work Ahman

Veskgar
December 1st, 2006, 12:14
Well I installed this and irShell itself works great on 1.50 firmware. However, because of the DevHook files it asks you to install now my DevHook is not working properly.

I can load up the launcher mod and select a game but then at 2.71 XMB I have no DevHook or Launcher MOD functions.

That sucks. I will try and re-install Launcher MOD to see if that fixes it.

jak66
December 1st, 2006, 12:31
so how exactly does ir shell work? does it brick your psp at all?

*Sorry for this, but the question is so stupid* Why would people use this if it bricked your PSP, yes what a brillient app that would be, something that bricks your PSP for you, maybe it could have a splash screen saying 'YOUVE JUST BEEN $CR£W£D!'

Anyway, no it doesnt brick PSPs, its a replacement for the PSPs menu, but unlike $onys XMB, this lets you run music in the background of your games, or while viewing pics, etc.

If you degraded to 1.5 you can use the 1.5 version
If you upgraded to 2.71 SE-C you can use both the 1.5 version and the 2.71 version
If your stuck on 2.71 (say with a TA-082 motherboard) you can use the 2.71 version

Finally, no it cannot emulate 3.0, but it can emulate up to firmware 2.71 providing you have devhook installed (iR Shell doesnt work with devhook 0.50 so 2.8X on iR Shell is not possible)

mr_nick666
December 1st, 2006, 12:53
Fantastic! :D This has a permanent residence on my PSP anyway so an update is great news :p One of the finest applications out there :)

Veskgar
December 1st, 2006, 13:05
Ok well I reinstalled all of the Launcher MOD files over other files and thank the gods my DevHook is working again. However, now I can't launch irShell under the DevHook XMB.

So now the question is how to I get both irShell DevHook functions AND Launcher MOD functions to work? Is that even possible. Will I have to edit the .txt files?

If anyone who is more knowledgeable with these sort of compatibility issues can help me out I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

But irShell is working great. I tried the remote control feature, changing skins, etc. I will continue to play around with it.

And is it really possible to control PSP games using an XBOX 360 controller with this irShell? And if so, can anyone provide a step-by-step or link to a good guide?

kfish2oo2
December 1st, 2006, 13:20
Ok for the freaking life of me, I can never get the USB host to work. I stick it on my PC, activate it on the PSP but then I always get the error Cant connect to USB host. the pc asks me to install a driver, but the driver is no where to be found. what driver am i supposed to be installing here?

Panini
December 1st, 2006, 14:04
I cannot see the supplied videos on the first post of the joypad working for some reason?

Could someone please explaing to me how the joypad thing works? do you need to be by your pc each time to use this feature, or can i bring my pad with me and play it anywhere?

Thanx

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 1st, 2006, 14:17
How do u use the usb joystick/kb mod ?? which usb option is it ?.

labowl
December 1st, 2006, 15:15
Im having trouble with this. When i load up devhook v shex mod through devhook i enable ir shell then i load my backed up game :), but then when game is loading i get this mssage saying MP3 could not load and it freezes, any help? I have tried playing the mp3's through a UMD game and it works well allthough the game does lag a bit.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 1st, 2006, 15:22
sorted usb host mod working.just need a plugin for the dreaded "I" word support to work.

robocelot
December 1st, 2006, 15:27
Just downloaded it, placed it on my PSP, BLOODY HELL!

IR Shell has now got an honourary place on my PSP, it aint ever being deleted.

It does work with 2.71 SE-C, but i go on both the red icon and the whit icon, and they both say I am running 1.5.

Oh well, small bug in a top class shell, great work Ahman

I think it would depend wether you booted IRShell in SE-C as a 2.71 kernal or a 1.5. That's probably why it's reporting FW 1.5. Try sticking the IRShell executable into GAME271 and see what firmware it reports.

Veskgar
December 1st, 2006, 15:33
sorted usb host mod working.just need a plugin for the dreaded "I" word support to work.
Oh, so the plugins are not already included? And if not, where can you obtain the plugins?

Man, I'm such an irShell n00b!

scottyboynow
December 1st, 2006, 15:41
does it work on 2.80

jak66
December 1st, 2006, 15:52
Oh, so the plugins are not already included? And if not, where can you obtain the plugins?

the I and C plugin is already included in the full package, but it only works on 2.71 (either with HenD or on 2.71 kernal on 2.71 SE)

On 2.71 SE, to make sure they are both in the right kernal, put the irshell150 and irshell150% folders into GAME150, and the irshell271 folder into GAME271, that way both should work properly

does it work on 2.80

No, it only works on 1.5, 2.71 and 2.71 SE cause they have full kernal mode and a stable method of loading it (kxploit, or HenD) it might work on 2.5/2.6 as well as they share the same kernal exploit as 2.71 (unlikely it does work though), but no it wont work on 2.80

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 1st, 2006, 16:05

Some are dude but not the one im after ;).

StoneCut
December 1st, 2006, 16:32
Seems DCemu removed the plugin you want from their download package. Go to the homepage and download the entire iR Shell pack again www.irshell.com

The plugin is only available in 2.71 mode and will only work for SE-C.

blackrave
December 1st, 2006, 16:33
Ok for the freaking life of me, I can never get the USB host to work. I stick it on my PC, activate it on the PSP but then I always get the error Cant connect to USB host. the pc asks me to install a driver, but the driver is no where to be found. what driver am i supposed to be installing here?

You need to download the USBhostFS drivers, which I have included in this post, and run the .exe included
You can also get the NethostFS, which let's you do the same, but wireless, I think.

And Veskgar, those drivers should let you use an X360 controller to control PSP games, but I don't know anything more..

And Ahman, and all those who have helped, great release!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 1st, 2006, 16:40
ive got 2.71 c and doe's it need to be set to 2.71 kernal mode in the recovery menu ?.Just got the one off the site still no plugin or the one i need qnyone msn me it ?.

StoneCut
December 1st, 2006, 16:45
Put the irshell150 and irshell150% folders into /PSP/GAME150 and the irshell271 folder into /PSP/GAME271 then you don't have to worry about your kernel settings. The silver iR Shell icon in XMB is for 2.71 mode and is the most useful under SE-C. The red iR Shell icon in XMB is for 1.5 mode and mostly useful if you want the infrared remote control to work.

Read the docs.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 1st, 2006, 17:01
That 2.71 game folder is not going to do nothing m8.I think i know how to install hb it's just a plugin im missing.

StoneCut
December 1st, 2006, 17:08
Dude, I made that plugin, but whatever. You try figure it out then.

Veskgar
December 1st, 2006, 17:09
Well I'm just using 1.50 firmware not SE-B/C. I will do some research on the iRShell website and as many other sources as I can find. I REALLY want to get an XBOX 360 controller working for the PSP to play FPS games.

If I can get a 360 controller working on the PSP I'll likely get one of those PSP DOCKS that boost sound and hold the PSP at a good hands-free viewing angle.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 1st, 2006, 17:19
Dude, I made that plugin, but whatever. You try figure it out then.

sorry if i came across as a bit blunt dude just been fiddling for hours lol and am having to charge psp again once again sorry if i came across abit sharp.The plugun isnt in any of my dirs on irshell thats all.

kfish2oo2
December 1st, 2006, 17:19
OK got USB host to work...Anyone manage to get the keyboard input working? When I try to configure it (running the joy.exe in AT's usbhost) it wont let me input any buttons. It just says "Input key for DPAD UP" but I can press anything at all on the keyboard and nothing happens. Anyone find it different?

Mr. Shizzy
December 1st, 2006, 17:48
Well I'm just using 1.50 firmware not SE-B/C. I will do some research on the iRShell website and as many other sources as I can find. I REALLY want to get an XBOX 360 controller working for the PSP to play FPS games.

If I can get a 360 controller working on the PSP I'll likely get one of those PSP DOCKS that boost sound and hold the PSP at a good hands-free viewing angle.

Check your PMs. :D

StoneCut
December 1st, 2006, 18:16
OK got USB host to work...Anyone manage to get the keyboard input working? When I try to configure it (running the joy.exe in AT's usbhost) it wont let me input any buttons. It just says "Input key for DPAD UP" but I can press anything at all on the keyboard and nothing happens. Anyone find it different?

joy.exe is, as the name implies, for joysticks and game pads you may have connected to the PC. For the keyboard configuration you have to edit the keyboardSetup.cfg file with notepad. Some keys are already pre-mapped.

The last thing you need to do is enable keypad redirection in iR Configurator for usbhost0.

F9zDark
December 1st, 2006, 18:17
Can this use the mouse as well?

StoneCut
December 1st, 2006, 18:22
No, only PC keyboard and/or PC/XBOX gamepads/joysticks/controllers.

Apoklepz
December 1st, 2006, 18:31
Quick question...So far as I've read, it sounds like you need to be near your PC to be able to use the Xbox controller, right? ...I just wanted to know if it's possible to use it without the PC...like say, a friend playing with it in your car while you drive?
Kudos for the release, guys...you have surprised many!

StoneCut
December 1st, 2006, 18:36
No, the keypad redirection requires a PC being connected to your PSP by either USB or WiFi.

Apoklepz
December 1st, 2006, 18:41
Aw...shucks. Got my hopes way up there for a second...I've been wanting the car thing for some time...But thanks Stone Cut, at least we can have similar functions that don't require messing with PSP2TV ...and better FPS games control. You guys rock anyways...Could outdoor keypad redirection control still be a possibility in the future for iRshell?

DarthPaul
December 1st, 2006, 18:43
OH YEAH! Thanks again Ahman!! its good to hear you are back!! gosh this is awesome!! i cant believe all the stuff that the IrShell can do,for real. It rocks!! and for free...gosh i love the homebrew scene!!

Apoklepz
December 1st, 2006, 18:44
Oh Hey! ...I just thought about this...

What if you've got your Laptop in your car? Would it be possible then? Weird, Nerdy, but possible? lol.

StoneCut
December 1st, 2006, 18:49
YES, very possible ;)

Call me stupid but I play Ridge Racer via keyboard using my laptop in bed ;)

mickey61
December 1st, 2006, 18:50
does anyone know how to make a autoboot file for 2.71 sec ...... irshell 3.0

Apoklepz
December 1st, 2006, 18:53
HAHAHAHAHA....I don't know about calling you stupid, but I guess we're nerds then!!! LMFAO.
...at least we're the kind of nerds that can still get chicks in bed, so it's all good. Thanks a lot, StoneCut, sir...and if you talk to Ahman soon, tell him I said "You da man, Ahman".

Peace with Grease.

Mr. Shizzy
December 1st, 2006, 18:59
Not sure whats going on here. No matter which iR shell icon I launch in my 2.71 SE-C XMB, it just shoes the gameboot and goes to a black screen? I installed it just as the tut says. I have my 1.50 eboots in PSP/GAME & my 2.71 eboots in my PSP/GAME271 folders. Kernal is set to 1.50. Could someone put up the correct file paths I need to be using? Thanks in advance. :)

Apoklepz
December 1st, 2006, 19:03
Hey Shizzy...not trying to be a dick or anything, just helping out....The readme sez:

1. Copy /IRSHELL folder to your ms.
2. If you've set firmware 2.71 to use /PSP/GAME & firmware 1.5 to use /PSP/GAME150, do the following:
- Copy /PSP/GAME/irshell271 to ms0:/PSP/GAME/irshell271
- Copy /PSP/GAME/irshell150 to ms0:/PSP/GAME150/irshell150
- Copy /PSP/GAME/irshell150% to ms0:/PSP/GAME150/irshell150%
- Run iR Shell via firmware 1.5 EBOOT icon (the Red one), start the Configurator and set your "Homebrew Path" to ms0:/PSP/GAME150
3. If you've set firmware 2.71 to use /PSP/GAME271 & firmware 1.5 to use /PSP/GAME, do the following:
- Copy /PSP/GAME/irshell271 to ms0:/PSP/GAME271/irshell271
- Copy /PSP/GAME/irshell150 to ms0:/PSP/GAME/irshell150
- Copy /PSP/GAME/irshell150% to ms0:/PSP/GAME/irshell150%
- Run iR Shell via firmware 2.71 EBOOT icon (the White one), start the Configurator and set your "Homebrew Path" to ms0:/PSP/GAME271

...You sure you have these settings straight?

StoneCut
December 1st, 2006, 19:04
To simplify the kernel problem copy the irshell150 and irshell150% to /PSP/GAME150/ and irshell271 to /PSP/GAME271 and try again. Come to iR Shell forums if you still have problems.

Emeriastone
December 1st, 2006, 19:04
Man, last night I though about how cool it would be to run your psp with a gamepad and here it is!

Mr. Shizzy
December 1st, 2006, 19:12
Apokleps- Yes I set it up EXACTLY as the read me says. I'm not sure whats wrong all my other homebrew works fine...

StoneCut- I tried that too. no luck. I'm not sure what goes in the MS-Root for my set up (decribed above). I have all three folders (IR Shell, the ms one and the flash one). I will check the Ir Shell forums for trouble shooting when I get home from work tonight. Thanks to all. :)

EDIT: OMFG. I didn't have the damn IR SHELL folder in the root of my MS. My apologies to all for subjecting you to that stupidity. LOL That's how excited I must be at this new release. :D Anyway thanks again. iR Shell rules - Rock on !!! :D

mickey61
December 1st, 2006, 19:22
copy IRSHELL to root of memory the make a folder insdie psp called GAME150 put irshell and irshell% inside it. make another folder psp/GAME271 and put irshell271 then on xmb click the blue irshell.....just what stone-cut told you worked for me

mickey61
December 1st, 2006, 19:23
stone-cut how do i set irshell to autoboot...im using 2.71 sec

jak66
December 1st, 2006, 19:26
you need an autoboot prx made by ?soluku? (cant remember name, itd take too long to open another web browser,and my bro just nicked my PSP to play SNES) that lets you boot into an eboot at a pre-set location in either the 2.71 Kernal (wifi up) or 1.5 kernal (wifi down) it can be found on the irshell forums in the general psp disscusion sub board

starogre
December 1st, 2006, 19:31
[QUOTE=jak66;291563]*Sorry for this, but the question is so stupid* Why would people use this if it bricked your PSP, yes what a brillient app that would be, something that bricks your PSP for you, maybe it could have a splash screen saying 'YOUVE JUST BEEN $CR£W£D!'

lol i meant does it write to flash, but whatever hehe

StoneCut
December 1st, 2006, 19:32
stone-cut how do i set irshell to autoboot...im using 2.71 sec

Suloku made a plugin for that purpose:
http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=958&highlight=autoboot271&mforum=irshell

EDIT
No it doesn't write to the flash.

jak66
December 1st, 2006, 19:39
lol i meant does it write to flash, but whatever hehe

ok,lol, i guess what i said may have been a little mean just for a misworded question. iR Shell reads from flash, but never writes to it (so you cant blame ahman if you accidentally brick your PSP)

StoneCut: Can the 1.50 eboot for the autoboot be kxploited or does it have to be un-kxploited

IamAbe
December 1st, 2006, 19:44
AWASOME! what a great week - dh.50, irs3.0, (wasnt there something else... too krakd to remember) :) :) :)

LOVE IRSHELL, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

jak66
December 1st, 2006, 19:47
^^
PSPRevolution v0.3 possibly the 'something else'

Well iR Shell basically pwns the XMB, its just a shame some people dont get to use it (then again, its their own fault for upgrading)

StoneCut
December 1st, 2006, 19:52
StoneCut: Can the 1.50 eboot for the autoboot be kxploited or does it have to be un-kxploited

Yes, it's a bit tricky however. Basically you should use the SFO file from a 1.0 EBOOT that works for you and edit it for iR Shell. Then rebuild the EBOOT to 1.0.

I can send you mine if you want.

Mr. Shizzy
December 1st, 2006, 19:53
One last question. How do I get iR Shell to exit out to the 2.71 SE-C XMB? It always goes to dh 1.50 firmware or dh 2.71 firmware, but never the 2.71 SE-C XMB. Thanks again. :D

jak66
December 1st, 2006, 19:57
Yes, it's a bit tricky however. Basically you should use the SFO file from a 1.0 EBOOT that works for you and edit it for iR Shell. Then rebuild the EBOOT to 1.0.

I can send you mine if you want.

sounds easy enough, just copy SFO from 2.71 irshell into the 1.50 irshell, easy to do with pbp unpacker

StoneCut
December 1st, 2006, 19:58
Um, not sure what you mean. Did you use "Launch XMB" or "Launch DevHook" ?

If you used "Launch XMB" then press HOME to go back to iR Shell

If you used "Launch DevHooK" then use HOME + SQUARE to exit the emulation.

jak66
December 1st, 2006, 20:04
i think he means how do you exit irshell (not launch XMB)

to exit irshell you have to press the analogue down, then press X, if you launch XMB you either get 2.71 XMB (if you launched from 2.71 Kernal irshell) or 1.5 XMB (if you launched from 1.50 Kernal irshell)

xcjzerox
December 1st, 2006, 20:14
so how do I install this well this brick my psp thanks sorry Iam new to psp homebrews and stuff

gunntims0103
December 1st, 2006, 20:16
iv never actuallt used ir shell but i think i just might now. Do i have ti put devhook plug in in this for it to run devhook. Also i think there is a windows skin for this i just might use it.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 1st, 2006, 20:28
Sorted everything working ok for me now !! no need for devhook how do i boot into this from cold start ? insted of sony xmb shit.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 1st, 2006, 20:29
iv never actuallt used ir shell but i think i just might now. Do i have ti put devhook plug in in this for it to run devhook. Also i think there is a windows skin for this i just might use it.

Just copy the folders to directory's stated in readme no risk involved dude !!!!:thumbup:

Apoklepz
December 1st, 2006, 20:31
Apokleps- Yes I set it up EXACTLY as the read me says. I'm not sure whats wrong all my other homebrew works fine...

StoneCut- I tried that too. no luck. I'm not sure what goes in the MS-Root for my set up (decribed above). I have all three folders (IR Shell, the ms one and the flash one). I will check the Ir Shell forums for trouble shooting when I get home from work tonight. Thanks to all. :)

EDIT: OMFG. I didn't have the damn IR SHELL folder in the root of my MS. My apologies to all for subjecting you to that stupidity. LOL That's how excited I must be at this new release. :D Anyway thanks again. iR Shell rules - Rock on !!! :D

...and then that Nelson kid from "The Simpsons" goes;

NYA HAAAA! :rofl:

Glad you could get it working without your head spilling red all over the place, Shizzy.:thumbup: ...Hey, it happens to the best of us

F9zDark
December 1st, 2006, 20:51
Quick question...So far as I've read, it sounds like you need to be near your PC to be able to use the Xbox controller, right? ...I just wanted to know if it's possible to use it without the PC...like say, a friend playing with it in your car while you drive?
Kudos for the release, guys...you have surprised many!

There are small 'micro' PCs from a company in Thailand. Could use one of those to handle the Xbox controller translations.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=280199#post280199

Here is the website for the PCs:

http://www.norhtec.com/

I have been thinking of picking one up for my car :)

StoneCut
December 1st, 2006, 21:45
As long as you can run either the Windows or Linux version of USBhostFS or NetHostFS on it, it should work. YES.

StealthCP
December 1st, 2006, 23:15
What I would now be looking for is a prx module that autoboots 2.71 iRShell from SE-C. No conditions like WLAN switch and all this shit. I want it to launch it no matter what the f**k I'm holding upon start up. Is that possible? Once that is possible iRShell will be reinstalled on 46 PSPs in my school, as part of the PSP club. They are still all currently on 1.5 w/ iRShell and Devhook, but I'm trying to move them up to 2.71 SE, unfortunately there is no custom firmware mod like the original POC one, which would autoboot without shit needing to be held. :)

acn010
December 1st, 2006, 23:23
wow.............. im speechless

thefly
December 1st, 2006, 23:37
Is there something else that I should run on pc for keyboards instead of PSP keypad to control iR Shell?
Which program

Kvonx
December 2nd, 2006, 00:19
yeah!!

opiate81
December 2nd, 2006, 00:23
What I would now be looking for is a prx module that autoboots 2.71 iRShell from SE-C. No conditions like WLAN switch and all this shit. I want it to launch it no matter what the f**k I'm holding upon start up. Is that possible? Once that is possible iRShell will be reinstalled on 46 PSPs in my school, as part of the PSP club. They are still all currently on 1.5 w/ iRShell and Devhook, but I'm trying to move them up to 2.71 SE, unfortunately there is no custom firmware mod like the original POC one, which would autoboot without shit needing to be held. :)

spewin!!
I was about to start upgrading myself because I thought it could autoboot to irshell :(

damnit thats the only thing holding me back

StoneCut
December 2nd, 2006, 01:30

That is very EASILY possible. Just contact suloku at the iR Shell forums and he'll make you a version that ALWAYS boots to iR Shell.

DdevL
December 2nd, 2006, 02:27
AWESOME i missed my irshell going sec now it's back!!!! THANX GUYS CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY!!

starogre
December 2nd, 2006, 03:02
found out first question

2. How do you change the skin?

3. Overclocking in this effects gta right?

Thanks

pubudu
December 2nd, 2006, 05:00
is it possible to downgrade a 2.71 ta082?

F9zDark
December 2nd, 2006, 05:26
OK, how can I get 2.71 SE-C installed into Devhook 0.46? Is this possible?

StoneCut
December 2nd, 2006, 05:50
found out first question

2. How do you change the skin?

3. Overclocking in this effects gta right?

Thanks

2. Launch "iR Configurator" from the menu
3. Yes
4. Read the manual :)

StealthCP
December 2nd, 2006, 10:39
is it possible to downgrade a 2.71 ta082?
No.

Cloudhunter
December 2nd, 2006, 11:24
OK, how can I get 2.71 SE-C installed into Devhook 0.46? Is this possible?

No.

StealthCP
December 2nd, 2006, 12:52
No.
Actually it is, but there is absolutely no point in doing so. The whole point of 2.71 SE-C is to provide extra capabilities to the real firmware, of which Devhook already provides for any emulated firmware. Using 2.71 SE-C removes almost any need for Devhook, unless you are wanting to emulate 2.80 for some unknown reason (GTA:LCS and other 2.80+ games work in 2.71SE-B'' and above) so give it a try. I have been 1.50 for ever until I got 2.71 SE to try, and I see no need to go back to the old firmware.

You don't need 2.71 SE-C for iRShell - Just install the 1.50 version. The only thing that the 2.71 one does is work on 2.71 instead. You have no need to have it.

DarthPaul
December 2nd, 2006, 13:36
a question...this means that AhMan is back on the work and will keep working on IrShell??

StoneCut
December 2nd, 2006, 16:31
a question...this means that AhMan is back on the work and will keep working on IrShell??

No, AhMan is now back in retirement. Consider iR Shell 3.0 a final gift.

jak66
December 2nd, 2006, 16:50

After ahman released 2.2 final, he made about 10 SE versions of 2.2 for beta testers only (If i remember it was his was of saying thanks) Shortly after the 10th SE though ahman announced that he would turn these SE betas into one final public release (StoneCut, do you have any idea why ahman changed his mind by any chance). After this announcement ahman worked on another 5 betas (taking it up to 2.2 SE15) Adding new features and support for 2.71 HenD (and SE-C). Finally, after working out all the bugs, we now have iR Shell 3.0. And as StoneCut said, ahman went back into retirement (which i think he deserves)

DarthPaul
December 2nd, 2006, 19:38
No, AhMan is now back in retirement. Consider iR Shell 3.0 a final gift.

ok!! Thanks Stone Cut! and AhMan went but he leaves us the greatest app for the PSP ever!!(IrShell) im very very greatfull,im using IrShell 'till the first public release of it,version 1.0:D and Stone Cut,congratulations,you made a really nice job with the iso plug-in man,its awesome! and you're doing a great job here at the forum too,thanks again.

fucht017
December 2nd, 2006, 22:17
Is it possible to adjust you're bass and trebble levels,when you're playing MP3's?..Wonderfull stuff.

labowl
December 2nd, 2006, 23:05
How do i load iso's through ir shell.

Abgoj
December 2nd, 2006, 23:47
how do i play mp3s from my pc on my psp. Any help with this would be much appriciated.

Scet
December 2nd, 2006, 23:56
kk... i got the 2.71 one starting up no startup... now i can play gta vcs and listen to my mp3s... but my snes and all other emulators i downloaded just the other day from the BIG PACK that 1 guy released won't work at all under irshell... can som1 help me?/////

Abgoj
December 3rd, 2006, 00:17
sorry forgt 2 mention my psp is running firmware 1.5 and i use usbhostfs not nethostfs. Again if ne1 could help me id really appriciate it. Thx in advance.

hollah
December 3rd, 2006, 00:26
ok i have read the readme twice now and all 10 pages of this thread and still i get the same issues.

Running SE-C

i have a GAME150 Folder and a GAME folder as standard.

i tried to copy the irshell to the MS and irshell150 and irshell150% to the GAME folder.

i can see the apps when i goto game folder but when i attempt to run either of them i get gameboot and then shutdown psp.

i moved irshell150 and irshell150% to GAME150 - this also gives same issue.

I have never had a GAME271 folder but have created one and moved folders across into here also with same issue.

can anyone advise on a resolution please ? thanks in advance.

hollah
ps. i have pimpstreamer, devhook and x-flash running ok in my GAME150 folder and in my GAME folder i have PSPINSIDE and s71seflash% which also run ok.

pksponge
December 3rd, 2006, 02:31
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k121/Pksponge/bamf11-1.jpg (http://z10.invisionfree.com/Pksponge_Forum)

homemade
December 3rd, 2006, 04:03
How do you turn off the music in games and only leave the sound effects, when ever i try turning off just the music the sound effects turns off also.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 3rd, 2006, 14:38
kk... i got the 2.71 one starting up no startup... now i can play gta vcs and listen to my mp3s... but my snes and all other emulators i downloaded just the other day from the BIG PACK that 1 guy released won't work at all under irshell... can som1 help me?/////
U pointed IR shell to the folder were your emus are ?? launch the config and if 2.71 se-c point it to game150 sorted !!.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 3rd, 2006, 16:23
HOw do u get joystick to work have set up usb host but cant get it to work via xbox pad drivers etc all installed and its seeing pc host dir ok.

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 19:14
what is the slash screen and how to i set a pmf to it plz help lol

F9zDark
December 4th, 2006, 21:35
The Splash Screen is the 'intro' image when you first load IRShell. I didn't know that a PMF could be chosen for this but I suspect it would be in the Configurator tool.

Edit:

I checked the configurator and didn't find anything about it. I suppose you should search the IRShell forums.

lilbart90
December 10th, 2006, 22:32
how do i set it up so i can use a PC Keyboard, VIA USB port?

baygins
December 11th, 2006, 01:21
I am kind of in a bind, but I wanted to get expert opinion from the boards. "Search has been used", and I want to get confirmation.
I have a virgin FW 1.5 with DevHook 0.51 and FW 3.01 that needs to connect to a WPA-TKIP access point. I want to use the NetHost method to load ISOs from my PC.
From what I understand, this version of iRShell does not work with DH 0.51. Therefore, I could NOT get the PSP to go into DevHook to get the WPA-TKIP based connection and THEN get into iRShell to do the NetHost based ISO loading.

Is this a correct statement? :confused: If so, what are the technical or practical limitations of iRShell not running with DH 051?

Thanks for everyone's input. ;)
Selim

Panini
December 11th, 2006, 09:59
Is this a correct statement? :confused: If so, what are the technical or practical limitations of iRShell not running with DH 051?

Selim

Its a shame that irshell doesnt work with the new devhook. I really hope that we will see another update so it does support it?

The 3.0 irshell is an amazing app, its just a shame that the new dh isnt compatible. :(

jak66
December 11th, 2006, 13:15
there is a beta of irshell out for testers only, that supports the new devhooks, public release should be shortly after all known bugs are fixed

gdf
December 11th, 2006, 13:30
yo this sounds kind of sttopid but what does ir shell actually do?

pt9087
December 18th, 2006, 00:00
Solves most of the psp problems

flamerge
December 22nd, 2006, 20:02
Uhm, I remember IRshell 2.0 had an autostart when u booted the PSP, but I can't remember how to do it...
Any1 know if there's anything like that for IRshell 3.0?

Apoklepz
December 22nd, 2006, 20:04
3.1 version is out with bug fixes....Why do we keep posting in this thread?

bigdaddie
April 22nd, 2007, 13:34
thanx i was looking for irshell 3.0, i found it here :thumbup:

fpcreator2000
May 19th, 2007, 08:38
The only thing is missing is the support for more sound formats such as .wma. I switched to the format for my PSP due to the amount of space I economized using a Variable Bitrate Quality 50, 44kHz, VBR Stereo conversion using DBPoweramp.

kohht
February 3rd, 2008, 11:34
i haveing a 3.90 m33 and can it run ?