PDA

View Full Version : ps2 controller on psp?

KunoNoOni
December 1st, 2006, 13:07
Is there a way I can hook my ps2 contoller up to the psp without destroying the ps2 controller?

BlitztheEnkidna
December 1st, 2006, 13:28
??????? What in the world are you talking about?

splodger15
December 1st, 2006, 13:37
Why would you want to anyway

KunoNoOni
December 1st, 2006, 13:54
Irshell 3.0

"- Allow use of PC Joysticks or keyboards instead of PSP keypad to control iR Shell, UMD Games or homebrews via USB or WiFi. You can even use the 2nd analog nub on a PC joystick to control the game, such as aiming in a FPS."

perhaps I misunderstood what this meant. but the videos showed someone controlling the psp with an xbox controller. so I thought the same could be done with a ps2 controller instead...

S34MU5
December 1st, 2006, 17:53
i think you can get a PS2 to - USB port then you could do it

verve
December 1st, 2006, 18:20
You could do it with a IR PS2 controller using IRshell3.

Have a look at this x box IR controller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yOYlEFUsyk

Apoklepz
December 1st, 2006, 18:49
Yes, but it will only work if your PSP is connected to a PC, by USB or Wi fi.

Baboon
December 1st, 2006, 19:33
Yes, but it will only work if your PSP is connected to a PC, by USB or Wi fi.

It would cool if you didnt need to to link up with a PC... imagine using NJ's emulators playing the fighting games with a Saturn joypad! :D

Apoklepz
December 1st, 2006, 20:38
YAY! That would be pretty sick, Baboon.
One thing I'd like to clear up, if you have a Laptop with Wi fi, then you could indeed take this mod along with you everywhere you'd like....

Who need's to buy that PSP2TV thing anymore for added control support?...Thanks to Ahman, StoneCut and crew, with iRshell 3 and some minimal tweaking we can all do it for free!

davpo
January 21st, 2008, 14:33
YAY! That would be pretty sick, Baboon.
One thing I'd like to clear up, if you have a Laptop with Wi fi, then you could indeed take this mod along with you everywhere you'd like....

Who need's to buy that PSP2TV thing anymore for added control support?...Thanks to Ahman, StoneCut and crew, with iRshell 3 and some minimal tweaking we can all do it for free!

what I find so frusterating is that a psp can be turned into anything like a remote controll for you tv, a controller for the pc or xbox and yet there is not a simple software, except having to use I.R shell or bluetooth that you have to use to be able to controll the psp using something different then the stupid controls it came with. now I think if I had a wifi controller would the psp pick it up? then I couldplay homebrew games or do I have to follow the irshell rule.

yaustar
January 21st, 2008, 23:25
This is over a year old. Please don't bump old threads.

MU57AFA
January 24th, 2008, 13:09
i heard that thers gunna b a ps2 controller 4 psp!!!is this true?>

rekha
February 19th, 2008, 11:06
if you could use a PS2 controller to play PSP.for PSP that utilizes a PS2 controller, inspired by e-famous modder Ben Heck. While it may not solve the second analog stick problem just yet, the mod is still pretty cool—not entirely useful, but cool nonetheless