PDA

View Full Version : WEP Key help?

Bear_XI
December 1st, 2006, 14:57
Hi i would like to know if any one know if i can Find my Wep Key insinde of my firmware Dump since my connection is installed on my 1.5 but with devhook i need to reinstall the connection(On the new Devhook 0.50) and i lost my Wep Key?

splodger15
December 1st, 2006, 15:52
I dont think you can do that

jak66
December 1st, 2006, 16:02
scince the connection is installed on your 1.5 cant you just 'edit' that connection, then keep pressing right till you get to the wep key part, then press x to 'enter' your wep key, then your wep key should be displayed in the text entry box in the upper right corner of your screen (dont quote me on that, ive never had to deal with wep keys before on the PSP)

Bear_XI
December 1st, 2006, 16:42
Nope doesnt seem to work when i go in config and see ******** then press to go in the text thing it doest show its empty Just to bad il have to wait til somone finds the way in.

splodger15
December 1st, 2006, 16:45
Have you tried reseting the settings on your router

Bear_XI
December 1st, 2006, 17:54
Thas my probleme im trying a other way since there is a Pass to go in the setting and no one in my house knoes it.

verve
December 1st, 2006, 18:04
oh dear! Have you tried the obvious admin, admin to get into your router?

splodger15
December 1st, 2006, 18:21
Its usually

Username:admin
Password:password

Isnt there a reset button on your router

Bear_XI
December 1st, 2006, 18:28
I went on Bell.ca My internet provider and it say to close th modem for 30 sec(to reset it) and that what i did but nothing happen when i putt admin/admin or admin/password it doesn't work i guess il have to continue searching. Dam i want to play FTB 2!!

verve
December 1st, 2006, 18:34
Have a search on the web for default admin router passwords! lots of sites with lots of lists for different models!

splodger15
December 1st, 2006, 18:38
I went on Bell.ca My internet provider and it say to close th modem for 30 sec(to reset it) and that what i did but nothing happen when i putt admin/admin or admin/password it doesn't work i guess il have to continue searching. Dam i want to play FTB 2!!

Usually when you reset it you have to set up your internet connection again and set passwords again

jak66
December 1st, 2006, 19:50
cant you just use your 1.50 registry for devhook?

EDIT: Another idea, couldnt you open you 1.50 registry (dreg) on your PC in a hex editor, search through it and find out that way

Bear_XI
December 1st, 2006, 21:11
Nice i hex edited my .dreg like jak66 say and i remebered there was a 'EE' stick together in my wep key so i just search for the string "EE" i it was the first one.Thanks guys(IM F**King writing down on a paper).
Thanks

splodger15
December 1st, 2006, 21:18
Glad you found your key