PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Laws

opiate81
December 2nd, 2006, 10:00
these ones are from my home Australia
crazy stuff!! I found them at www.dumblaws.com :p

A life sentence is 25 years.

Children may not purchase cigarettes, but they may smoke them.

You may never leave your car keys in an unattended vehicle.

It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burgular.

It is illegal to walk on the right hand side of a footpath.

Under Australian Communications Authority (ACA) regulations, a modem can't pick up on the first ring.

Taxi cabs are required to carry a bale of hay in the trunk. (what the hell???)

Bars are required to stable, water and feed the horses of their patrons.

The legal age for straight sex is 16, unless the person is in the care/custody of the older person, in which case it is 18.

Only licensed electricians may change a light bulb.

It is illegal to wear hot pink pants after midday Sunday. ( I can get away with it though)

You must have a neck to knee swimsuit in order to swim at Brighton Beach.

Until the Port Arthur Killings it was legal to own an AK-47 but not legal to be gay.

Lawmakers are proposing a new law that will not allow anyone to come closer than 100 meters from a dead whale's carcass.

splodger15
December 2nd, 2006, 10:45
They are pretty dumb

zidanerick
December 2nd, 2006, 10:57
these ones are from my home Australia
crazy stuff!! I found them at www.dumblaws.com :p

A life sentence is 25 years.

Children OVER 16 May Smoke Cigarettes but may not buy or possess them until the age of 18

It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burgular.

It is illegal to walk on the right hand side of a footpath.

LMAO I've never heard of these but i wouldnt be surprised if they are true :D

Under Australian Communications Authority (ACA) regulations, a modem can't pick up on the first ring.

Taxi cabs are required to carry a bale of hay in the trunk. (what the hell???)

Bars are required to stable, water and feed the horses of their patrons.

Lol, Old Stupid Laws :P

The legal age for straight sex is 16, unless the person is in the care/custody of the older person, in which case it is 18.

Depends on the State you are in.

Only licensed electricians may change a light bulb.

It is illegal to wear hot pink pants after midday Sunday. ( I can get away with it though)

You must have a neck to knee swimsuit in order to swim at Brighton Beach.

Until the Port Arthur Killings it was legal to own an AK-47 but not legal to be gay.

Lawmakers are proposing a new law that will not allow anyone to come closer than 100 meters from a dead whale's carcass.

Damn I Love the Stupid Pollies in Australia :P

Stump
December 2nd, 2006, 11:42
o man! that laws suxx!

GobboFett
December 2nd, 2006, 13:17

Oh man, I just finished washing my cat burgular outfit...:p

gamerremag
December 2nd, 2006, 19:45
here are some from rhode island, United states

Cap guns are illegal.

Ropes may not be strung across a highway.

No one may bite off another�s leg.

Rhode Island recently applied to the US Government to make all the coastal waters of Rhode Island a "No Discharge Zone".

Impersonating a town sealer, auctioneer, corder of wood, or a fence-viewer is against the law.

Riding a horse over any public highway for the purpose of racing, or testing the speed of the horse is illegal.

Exercising any labor, business, or work, or using any game, sport, play, or recreation, or causing any of the above to be done to or by your children, servants, or apprentices on the first day of the week (Sunday) results in a penalty of $5 for the first offense and $10 for the second.

Professional sports, except ice polo and hockey, must obtain a license to play games on Sunday.

Any marriage where either of the parties is an idiot or lunatic is null and void.

It is considered an offense to throw pickle juice on a trolley.

One must make a loud noise before passing a car on the left.

SSaxdude
December 2nd, 2006, 20:19
I have 3: marijuana is illegal, prostitution is illegal, and gambling is illegal.

Thank God for loopholes in the law.

gamerremag
December 2nd, 2006, 22:09
lol

SnesR0X
December 3rd, 2006, 03:04
Any marriage where either of the parties is an idiot or lunatic is null and void.

It is considered an offense to throw pickle juice on a trolley.

One must make a loud noise before passing a car on the left.

Ok what? There's a ton of failed marriages right there, pickle juice? Who the hell is going to do that, and make a loud noise?wtf...

gamerremag
December 3rd, 2006, 03:34
the topic is dumb laws, and i got them from the same site: dumblaws.com

chrono75
December 5th, 2006, 00:51
Lmao!!

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 6th, 2006, 02:08
isnt it illegal to pronounce arkansas Ar-Kan-sis?

NoQuarter
December 6th, 2006, 02:12
Here's one for you:

DMCA

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 6th, 2006, 16:48
Dmca? Wtf?

NoQuarter
December 6th, 2006, 17:37
also known as the digital millenium copyright act,check it out

bullhead
December 6th, 2006, 18:07
I heard that in Florida, It is illegal for women to fly helicopters on a sunday.

Stump
December 6th, 2006, 18:54
I heard that in Florida, It is illegal for women to fly helicopters on a sunday.
haha, that's a very dumb law..
to party's on my school, it's illegal to dance :thumbup:

someone said it would be to group-sex.. yeah right??!

NoQuarter
December 6th, 2006, 19:16
lol,I once heard that you can beat your wife on the courthouse steps on sunday in a certain town in the US.Don't remember what town it was but it was only on sunday and on the courthouse steps or maybe it was town hall.

Stump
December 6th, 2006, 20:01
okay heh, yebaaah :)

other dumb laws??

gamerremag
December 8th, 2006, 22:21
lol,I once heard that you can beat your wife on the courthouse steps on sunday in a certain town in the US.Don't remember what town it was but it was only on sunday and on the courthouse steps or maybe it was town hall.

i dont know why, but that sounds fimiliar.....