PDA

View Full Version : Crisis Core trailer emphasizes PSP shortcomings, offers hope

wraggster
December 2nd, 2006, 10:05
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/01/crisis-core-trailer-emphasizes-psp-shortcomings-offers-hope/)

Square Enix's closed-door TGS trailer for Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core has finally surfaced. For the bulk of this five-minute demonstration, a handful of manicured men (and one woman) ham it up in a whirlwind of staged emotional drama. Are we supposed to want to play a soap opera? (Don't answer that.)

There are some brief moments of relief, glimpses into the game's active battle system, which suggest commonalities with Final Fantasy XII. There's no denying that Crisis Core appears extraordinarily capable; a bittersweet detail. That is, efforts like Crisis Core really highlight the lack of solid support for PSP. Alas, Square Enix's prequel has been a long time coming -- and, for those of us outside of Japan, the wait isn't getting any shorter.

Video here -> http://www.youtube.com/v/QeHusU3Msxk

bosanova_x
December 2nd, 2006, 10:55
ooooo looks nice,
<P>
cant see me playing it for atleast another year though :(

owenhehe
December 2nd, 2006, 11:58
so coooooooooooool
looks like a ps2 game, or even better

johansjg
December 2nd, 2006, 12:34
i can hardly wait! :)

knownX
December 2nd, 2006, 15:11
hope theres more action then talking

geise69
December 2nd, 2006, 16:07
I'm sure there will be. It's an rpg so there's always a lot of dialog. If it plays like ff12 I guess that's fine although I do miss t he says of 4-6. I would just kill for a really good story and just have it look like an snes game.

Basil Zero
December 2nd, 2006, 17:24
cant wait for the demo to come out later this year

Gene
December 2nd, 2006, 19:53
now thsi looks like a game worth my $50

I'm willing to dish out more for how hot this looks on the psp.

gdf
December 2nd, 2006, 20:16
this game looks frickin ace. will be BEST GAME on psp, right up with killzone, gta, mgs po and er.. loco roco!!! lets hope it doesnt take too long in coming... (also its nice to see the psp have a good lineup of commercial games now)

Joe100517
December 5th, 2006, 06:48
I've been waiting for this game since I got my psp two summers ago and I'm glad to see that it looks amazing now that the trailer is finally out! They've posted a translation of what they say in the trailer on adventchildren.net if anyone is interested. It's good news to me that the story is shaping up to be awesome, but I find a constant use of slots in the combat system confusing.......