PDA

View Full Version : PSP v3.00 SE BETA by Dr Download custom firmware

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 3rd, 2006, 20:46
Dr Download has released a custom v3.00 firmware for PSP. It seems to be Jamesbdx & Co's work successfully transformed into an installer. Check out all the info

Quote: I present today a version to you beta of Custom Firmware 3.00, I worked above this week end and I succeeded has to arrive at something of step too badly, only the navigator and the menu of Management of the food does not go. The problem comes from space available on the nand of the PSP (the memory flash) Installation: * To copy contained file from your Memory Stick * To copy the DATA.PSAR of firmware 3.00/3.01 with the root of Memory Stick * To launch PSARDUMPER * To launch the install of the 300SE You veiled in 300SE, this is a version beta and some bugs persists: * Navigator off * Management of the food off (not to try to go there the psp goes freezer)

http://www.pspcreative.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=210

hopefully one of our french members can do some translations

Download removed...

THANKS TO VIDEO FREAK for the translation

weirdelf
December 3rd, 2006, 20:58
Is this a port of 2.71 se?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 3rd, 2006, 21:00
Dunno guys am trying to obtain a download if available to test.

phazi
December 3rd, 2006, 21:02
mmm i don't get it what is this the english used in the translation is to chopped up?

tophead420
December 3rd, 2006, 21:03
this sounds interesting if this proves to be just as good as 2.71 SE i may do this when its available for download thanks for sharing

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 3rd, 2006, 21:03
mmm i don't get it what is this the english used in the translation is to chopped up?

Like i said the link is to the french site i belive is hosting the firmware i dont speak french so hopefully one of our french members can translate some of it.

SSaxdude
December 3rd, 2006, 21:04
I'm afraid to try this because:
I'm not sure if it has homebrew support
if it's stable
if I could downgrade back to 1.5 if I wanted

I'll just wait for feedback from other people.

weirdelf
December 3rd, 2006, 21:04
I dont know much french but I can translate a bit:
It says that you must be on se-c,
Some homebrew doesnt work,
It takes up a lot of flash memory,
It clones the modules of 2.71 se,
Only the menu and one other thing do not work.

phazi
December 3rd, 2006, 21:05
o okay yea hopefully

emuking
December 3rd, 2006, 21:09
sounds interesting but i hope its stable i don't want to brick my psp

Emeriastone
December 3rd, 2006, 21:20
Kinda off the topic, but do we know for sure what happened to DAX? I mean if he were still with us wouldn't he be working on a custom 3.0 firmware too?

This is cool and all but if it doesn't yet support homebrew I'm not really sure about how I feel about it.

Project.funky
December 3rd, 2006, 21:21
can i upgrade from 2.8 to this ?

Ihavenolife
December 3rd, 2006, 21:23
No. Don't upgrade. It hasn't even been translated to english; we should wait until coders have a stabler version, and then wait after that to make sure that a brick-free program has been created

GanstaSimms
December 3rd, 2006, 21:25
Um i Have FW 3.00 Does that mean i can use this Custom 3.00 Firmware On my PSP Does it have Hombrew Support

Project.funky
December 3rd, 2006, 21:26
:(
*taps foot*
how long will that take like?
<b>if<b> i install it can i not downgrade to 1.5?

"if I could downgrade back to 1.5 if I wanted"

Ihavenolife
December 3rd, 2006, 21:30
No, it's just a bad idea. GanstaSimms, I wouldn't try this until we get an english translation and some clear feedback on what it does, as they're saying that it doesn't even support homebrew yet.

Project.funky, don't install it because then you CANT downgrade to 1.5. This hasn't been thoroughly tested yet. And also, don't downgrade as soon as a downgrader is created, because a lot of people did that way the first 2.71, and although it did work for a lot of people it also bricked some psp's too. This is why they created the easy, brick-free version of that downgrade

In a nutshell...NEVER UPGRADE! It won't be long until anything happens, just dont do stuff as soon as news hits, because this could even be a fake. We won't know until it is tested by coders.

GanstaSimms
December 3rd, 2006, 21:34
So Wat Ur Saying then is there probaly will soon be a 3.00 Downgrader

Video_freak
December 3rd, 2006, 21:34
I give you today a beta version of Custom Firmware 3.0. I worked on it this weekend and managed to make it pretty good. The only thing that doesn't work are the navigator and the battery level and power source menu.
The problem is caused by the limited amount of NAND flash memory on the PSP, and the clone of the 2.71- se modules.
Some homebrew doesn't work, look here (http://www.pspcreative.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=212) :wink:

Installation:
*You must have 2.71-se installed on your PSP.
*Copy the contents of the archive (download) on your memory stick.
*Copy the DATA.PSAR of firmware 3.00/3.01 on your memory stick's root.
*Run PSARDUMPER.
*Run the 3.00-se installer.

You now have 3.00-se, which is now a beta version. There are some bugs:
Navigator is off
The PSP charge level and power supply menu is off (don't try to use it, or your PSP will crash)

You may not host the file on any other site than PSPCreative, Metagames-eu, Gx-mod, and Maxconsole.
Ask for permission to host the file on your site.

Source: http://www.pspcreative.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=210

Ihavenolife
December 3rd, 2006, 21:36
No. No 3.0 downgrader, unless some coders get to work on it. this version of 3.0 doesnt even have homebrew yet, so just sit back and relax. And as you can see from video freak's post, you have to have 2.71 SE to run it anyway. Don't update in the future; updating to 3.0 was a bad idea

buildit92
December 3rd, 2006, 21:43
this sucks. i think it is too early for a 3.00 custom fw. we dont even have a 2.80 custom fw, and we can run homebrew on 3.00. its fake if u ask me. but if it is really, i would like to see a more stable version of it with less bugs.

Video_freak
December 3rd, 2006, 21:45
The cause of the bugs is that there isn't enough NAND flash memory on your PSP. They took out what they thought was least important.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 3rd, 2006, 21:51
I give you today a beta version of Custom Firmware 3.0. I worked on it this weekend and managed to make it pretty good. The only thing that doesn't work are the navigator and the battery level and power source menu.
The problem is caused by the limited amount of NAND flash memory on the PSP, and the clone of the 2.71- se modules.
Some homebrew doesn't work, look here (http://www.pspcreative.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=212) :wink:

Installation:
*You must have 2.71-se installed on your PSP.
*Copy the contents of the archive (download) on your memory stick.
*Copy the DATA.PSAR of firmware 3.00/3.01 on your memory stick's root.
*Run PSARDUMPER.
*Run the 3.00-se installer.

You now have 3.00-se, which is now a beta version. There are some bugs:
Navigator is off
The PSP charge level and power supply menu is off (don't try to use it, or your PSP will crash)

You may not host the file on any other site than PSPCreative, Metagames-eu, Gx-mod, and Maxconsole.
Ask for permission to host the file on your site.

Source: http://www.pspcreative.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=210

Thanks for heads up on the hosting situation of the file wouldnt wann get into any trouble..so removed it.

Tetris999
December 3rd, 2006, 21:52
damn i dont think the psp can go futher with custom firmware, its just too much :p i guess stay at 2.71 se dont update

Video_freak
December 3rd, 2006, 21:56
Thanks for heads up on the hosting situation of the file wouldnt wann get into any trouble..so removed it.

No problem, just trying to keep everyone informed.
You may want to put the translation on your first post so people don't have to search for it though.

Accordion
December 3rd, 2006, 21:58
im guessing deleting certain unwanted features would free up space....
perhaps when this is certified, we can get a way of truly customising the firmware by choosing what to keep and what not to... some people dont need all the features.

i will not update till i get confirmation though...

watupgroupie
December 3rd, 2006, 22:06
Hi i think this would be very cool if this worked and like accordian boy said it would be nice if we just got rid of certian features that we don't need. Plus i signed up at the pspcreative sight and emailed dr download to see if you can host the file awaiting confirmation :)

skater9269
December 3rd, 2006, 22:09
umm on the comments from the original site it says some homebrew works but to get others to work take the sfo from psar dumper and replace the hombrews sfo with that.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 3rd, 2006, 22:17
Hi i think this would be very cool if this worked and like accordian boy said it would be nice if we just got rid of certian features that we don't need. Plus i signed up at the pspcreative sight and emailed dr download to see if you can host the file awaiting confirmation :)

Thxs dude forward conformation email to a admin.for clarification when all clear is given i will re post it.

Mr. Shizzy
December 3rd, 2006, 22:17
Damn it! It seems like every time I go to work, something awesome is released (and then removed) before I get home...

Ihavenolife
December 3rd, 2006, 22:18
well, i wrote that homebrew wasn't confirmed because i couldnt visit the french site, and at the time I wrote it, homebrew hadn't been confirmed.
If anyone is willing to try 3.0 SE, please post your results, experience, ideas, etc.

ola_ridiculous
December 3rd, 2006, 22:23

regardless i dont trust this Dr. download? even if custom 3.00/01..? rather wait for DAX.. if he stil doin his thing

Nikolaos
December 3rd, 2006, 22:24
seems interesting.. still until this is confirmed stable during the upgrade process and downgradable i reccomend not tampering with it.

DPyro
December 3rd, 2006, 22:29
As far as I can tell, this is 2.71/3.00 hybrid auto installer which also flashes your PSP.

Mr. Shizzy
December 3rd, 2006, 22:31
I might test it....if I knew where to obtain it...

Sterist
December 3rd, 2006, 22:36
And also, don't downgrade as soon as a downgrader is created, because a lot of people did that way the first 2.71, and although it did work for a lot of people it also bricked some psp's too. This is why they created the easy, brick-free version of that downgrade

it only bricked because the method (TIFF) of loading was very instable n would partially execute code. the fixed version made the psp crash before anything could start if it didnt load 100% before preparations.

its not right to compare other programs to that, which people spend weeks and sometimes months working on, that execute in a stable environment.

burrito
December 3rd, 2006, 22:37
This is a translation:
I you presente today a version beta of the Custom Firmware 3.00 Themselves, I worked over this week end and I have reussi has to arrive to something of not too poorly, alone the navigator and the Management menu of the nutrition does not walk.

The probleme comes from available space on the nand of the PSP (the memoire flash), with the clone of the units of the 271SE

Certain homebrew do not pass return you here wink

Installation:

* You must be in 271SE C

* To Copy the content of the archive on your Memory Stick * To Copy the DATA.PSAR of the firmware 3.00/3.01 to
the root of the Memory Stick

* To Launch PSARDUMPER * To Launch the install of the 300SE

You voila in 300SE, this is a version beta and certain bugs persists:

* Alternative Navigator * Management of the alternative nutrition (not to try of there to go the psp goes freezer)

Broadcasting only on PSPCreative, metagames-eu, gx-mod, and Maxconsole To Ask the permission to Dr.Download to
broadcast the program on your site

Nikolaos
December 3rd, 2006, 22:38

yo shiz, forget about obtaining the installer, obtain more info so u need wut ur dealing with. like can it be reflashed ? kernal capabilities ? exact crash spots and what prx's have been edited ? unless ur rich dont do it without more knowledge.

Emeriastone
December 3rd, 2006, 22:42
damn i dont think the psp can go futher with custom firmware, its just too much :p i guess stay at 2.71 se dont update

aww... I would be broken hearted to think that there wouldn't be any better custom firmware than the 2.71 SE's (don't get me wrong DAX has rocked the house). Why if things weren't pushed to be newer all the time the homebrew scene wouldn't grow any larger! In fact if this is indeed a very nice 3.0 Custom FW then I'm completely in favor of its development

YourStillWithMe
December 3rd, 2006, 22:42
shizzy-nice MKIII quote inyour sig and good pic from fight night. . .Do you have a ps3? (i do) fight night looks ****ing sick for ps3 it will be better then the 360 and xbox versions w/ ease. Anywho this looks stupid we're doing just fine with emulating 3.01 in thenear future booster has it in his .50 version it IS BEING WORKED ON BE PATIENT AND NOT IMPULSIVE. Even if this does work we won't be able to hide from 3.01 updates which im sure sony is just gonna skip those updates and go right for 3.01

burrito
December 3rd, 2006, 22:44
Here are some translations of other posts the coder made:

To do to walk the homebrew it suffices to take the PARAM.SFO of the PSARDUMPER for example and to apply it to the other hombrew

It is necessary to put the eboot of the file without% Looks at if the Plugin well activated since the
recovery I will do a tuto

I guess this means that the coder is going to make a tutorial (tuto)

ola_ridiculous
December 3rd, 2006, 22:49

all links to download are being removed, due to the fact that custom 3.00 is unstable. though it works (dr.download claims) PSP BRICK IS HIGHLY POSSIBLE! just wait.. its comin soon =)

Ihavenolife
December 3rd, 2006, 22:50
it only bricked because the method (TIFF) of loading was very instable n would partially execute code. the fixed version made the psp crash before anything could start if it didnt load 100% before preparations.

its not right to compare other programs to that, which people spend weeks and sometimes months working on, that execute in a stable environment.

I wasn't trying to compare it; I was giving an example of why a person should wait and have lots of feedback before they try something unless they are willing to risk bricking their psp.

I'm not saying that this isn't stable. I'm just basically reiterating the whole "DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK!" because even stable programs still contain a warning.

burrito
This will not work on TA-082 because it said you need to install it from 2.71SE.

watupgroupie
Thxs dude forward conformation email to a admin.for clarification when all clear is given i will re post it.
Will do and just to let everyone know i'm only trying to get this reposted for everyone who can't find it. I don't care for the people saying that there not going to use this it's just so it is there just in case. Oh and eggman which admin should i forward the email too or does it matter. I don't know if this guy can understand english so it would be helpful if one of our french members could translate a nice paragraph asking if we could host the files at dcemu. Otherwise we could be awhile waiting for him to learn english. And please don't give me a paragraph that say's something mean and offensive because i can't read french.

Boardman2411
December 3rd, 2006, 22:54
this sucks. i think it is too early for a 3.00 custom fw. we dont even have a 2.80 custom fw, and we can run homebrew on 3.00. its fake if u ask me. but if it is really, i would like to see a more stable version of it with less bugs.

did we ever get homebrew working on 1.52? (without upgrading to 2.0)

burrito
December 3rd, 2006, 23:00
did we ever get homebrew working on 1.52? (without upgrading to 2.0)
nope.

slaphappygamer
December 3rd, 2006, 23:02
i wanna hear more about the "management of food".

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
December 3rd, 2006, 23:03
nope.

lol who cares we are alright with what we got now:thumbup:

burrito
December 3rd, 2006, 23:06
"Management of the food off (not to try to go there the psp goes freezer)"

the food went in the freezer? :)

Video_freak
December 3rd, 2006, 23:08
Guys, it means two different things in french. It means the it will freeze if you try to access the charge level/ power source menu.

Vibestar
December 3rd, 2006, 23:14
Why should I do this. Got mine running already with all the homebrew but without the browser (only trough DH).
Mine 2.71SE/3.00 is running quit stable and is also modded with font, gameboot and some other stuff of x-flash(wave gone, black background, psp brand removed, etc etc) (that is working fine under this version).
It also looks that everything can be booted from the recovery menu or from the autoboot.
I will stick to this for as long there is no stable installer or a version with the browser working.
I'm going to make a tut how I did it maybe, but I think it's best for most people to wait longer for the good dev's to make a installer or even 3.00SE-A.

blaz3d
December 3rd, 2006, 23:25
Vibestar you shouldnt yet, all links have been removed anyway

I hope that we can keep on top of this news, because this sounds interesting. Unfortunatley my french is very poor so ill have to rely on you guys to keep us up to date

Good luck to the devs!

Vibestar
December 3rd, 2006, 23:37
Vibestar you shouldnt yet, all links have been removed anyway

Got the 3.00SE running myself (after 300 recovery). Just warning for brickers.... I figured it out myself with some help of other forums...(tnx kando)

mavsman4457
December 3rd, 2006, 23:41
can i upgrade from 2.8 to this ?

That is actually a really good idea, once a reliable version of this is released for download, but I don't think you will be able to upgrade to it like a normal Sony firmware.

Basil Zero
December 4th, 2006, 01:05
so its a brick, is that why the download has been removed?

pkmaximum
December 4th, 2006, 01:19
I'll only be interested in these things if Metal Gear Solid portable ops, and Metal Gear Anthology requires it. Otherwise this almost proves useless to me.

archangel1024
December 4th, 2006, 01:47
i hope he perfects and translates this for us ^.^ It'd be sweet to use Remote play with homebrew

porchemasi
December 4th, 2006, 02:19
waiting for DAX to show the light

tuta
December 4th, 2006, 02:22
I dont care abuot this I will wait for dark alex who i believe would do his best if its just about some visualizers only whats the purpose?

watupgroupie
December 4th, 2006, 02:26
so its a brick, is that why the download has been removed?
No it's been removed because the author Dr.Download has requested to only be hosted on certain websites no offence but if you had read previous posts your question would be answered. I'm in the process of trying to let him host it hear.

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 03:54
So nobody's got the ModChip to test this??

I'm staying at 1.5 till I see a real reason to update, 2.71se sounds good, but why fix it if it aint broke?

If there's not enough space in the flash for all the features of 3.00 than it'll almost be like installing one of those BETA's of Vista...pointless.

LOL, fight night on ps3, have fun taking a couple of uppercuts to the chin while you're shitaxis reconnects lol ;).

hawke213x
December 4th, 2006, 04:26
1. To the post above. 2.71SE has ALL features of homebrew support similar to 1.5 AND 2.71 features.

2. Dark_AleX has said he wants to quit the homebrew scene, you all should know that.

3. You have to have 2.71SE.....THATS BULLSHIT.

4. Its unstable. Who cares to test it unless you do have more then one PSP?

5. Why is it every. single. time something like this happens it is automatically deemed "fake"?

6. I saw someones sig that said "We have games running on 2.82" can you provide a link to info on this?

watupgroupie
December 4th, 2006, 05:15
Well so far no luck in trying to get the files hosted here no one can speak english or translate for me. I tried emailing him and doing a live chat thing on his website. Here's the chat apperantly no one could help me:
[Admin] - Dr.Download - 08-11-2006 15:36:39 - [ 3 ChatBox Posts ]

Mise en place d'un chat !!

PSP_maniac - 08-11-2006 15:51:25 - [ 5 ChatBox Posts ]

vive le chat

[Admin] - Dr.Download - 08-11-2006 16:16:13 - [ 3 ChatBox Posts ]

smile

PSP_maniac - 18-11-2006 15:35:44 - [ 5 ChatBox Posts ]

ya kelkun ???

[Admin] - Dr.Download - 21-11-2006 21:32:59 - [ 3 ChatBox Posts ]

Mdr, Il n'y a personne sur le chat ...

sakkhho - 30-11-2006 19:26:18 - [ 1 ChatBox Posts ]

hello !

lefoufurieux - 02-12-2006 12:50:15 - [ 1 ChatBox Posts ]

bonjour

PSP_maniac - Yesterday 13:38:31 - [ 5 ChatBox Posts ]

kelkun ???

PSP_maniac - Yesterday 13:38:54 - [ 5 ChatBox Posts ]

ya personne ici lol

PSP_maniac - Yesterday 13:39:29 - [ 5 ChatBox Posts ]

po rav ++

watupgroupie - Today 06:06:06 - [ 1 ChatBox Posts ]

hey dr.download don't know if you can speak english but can i get permission to host 3.00 se on dcemu

watupgroupie - Today 06:08:43 - [ 2 ChatBox Posts ]

or can somone translate that to english for him please i'm desperate :'(.

EDIT:Oh well just realized i guess i was chatting a little late should have checked the time that people were talking on it.

XedLos
December 4th, 2006, 05:56
Can anyone pm me the files

Psyberjock
December 4th, 2006, 06:02
I'm staying at 1.5 till I see a real reason to update, 2.71se sounds good, but why fix it if it aint broke?

Why should I upgrade from an atari to a PS3? My atari isn't broken.

TacticalBread
December 4th, 2006, 06:09

LOL. Good point :D

S41N7
December 4th, 2006, 07:11
this loader is a ripoff of jamesbdx and birdbans work. The team will be releasing an official installer with bugfixes that will far supass this non-credited rip-off. DO NOT USE AT ALL.

hawke213x
December 4th, 2006, 08:02
^^But will it require 2.71SE^^

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 09:24

:rofl:

I'd prefer the Atari:)

it's not a fair comparison tho, If my atari could do everything a PS3 could by using a simple program (devhook) then why would anybody bother with the PS3, even people on 2.71SE have to use devhook to emulate anything higher.

The question is, Can 2.71SE do anything that a 1.5 with Devhook can't? To my understanding the answer is a big, gritty, in your face NO.

deosvx
December 4th, 2006, 09:28
1. To the post above. 2.71SE has ALL features of homebrew support similar to 1.5 AND 2.71 features.

2. Dark_AleX has said he wants to quit the homebrew scene, you all should know that.

3. You have to have 2.71SE.....THATS BULLSHIT.

4. Its unstable. Who cares to test it unless you do have more then one PSP?

5. Why is it every. single. time something like this happens it is automatically deemed "fake"?

6. I saw someones sig that said "We have games running on 2.82" can you provide a link to info on this?

6. You can run 2.82 games using devhook .50 w/ 2.82fw. Was just playing SWLA a few hours ago.

steve-b
December 4th, 2006, 09:53
2.71se can run with no memory card inserted.

Can your devhook'd 2.71 do that? :)

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 10:25
2.71se can run with no memory card inserted.

Can your devhook'd 2.71 do that? :)

I stand corrected :D

Maybe I should upgrade :rolleyes:

Seriously tho, I have nothing against 2.71SE and want to make sure people don't think I do, I think the whole custom firmware idea is great.

I installed DAX's POC custom firmware thinking I had to before I installed HarleyG's and now have a Mix of the 2 :confused: I've got no Corrupt Icons but still have DAX's recovery console and can't load DH with the Wifi switch.

I plan on using 3.00SE when all the bugs are ironed out that and need to know if there's any danger of bricking seeing I have a messy setup?

appie01
December 4th, 2006, 10:55
Originally Posted by watupgroupie

Well so far no luck in trying to get the files hosted here no one can speak english or translate for me. I tried emailing him and doing a live chat thing on his website. Here's the chat apperantly no one could help me

- Dr.Download - 08-11-2006 15:36:39 - istallation of a cat!!

- PSP_maniac - 08-11-2006 15:51: 25 - live the cat

- Dr.Download - 08-11-2006 16:16: 13 - smile

- PSP_maniac - 18-11-2006 15:35: 44 - ya kelkun???

- Dr.Download - 21-11-2006 21:32: 59 - Mdr, It has nobody there on the cat…

- sakkhho - 30-11-2006 19:26: 18 - hello!

- lefoufurieux - 02-12-2006 12:50: 15 - hello

- PSP_maniac - Yesterday 13:38: 31 - kelkun???

- PSP_maniac - Yesterday 13:38: 54 - ya nobody here lol

- PSP_maniac - Yesterday 13:39: 29 - Po rav ++

- watupgroupie - Today 06:06: 06 - hey dr.download don' T know yew you edge speak english goal edge I get permission to host 3.00 one dcemu

sow it's nothing usefull (translated with google translator)

i've installed it and works great but crashes when you go to system settings
have no psp camera to test nor the ps3 for the cross talk (since its not out in amsterdam yet :( )
i will also test some homebrew and games if you have homebrew you want me to test just post the name of homebrew and i will test

here's my vid to show ya'll it works on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhboaVOpyro

Vibestar
December 4th, 2006, 11:01
didn't used this app but it's running...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJHt1yzm5mo

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 11:42
:rofl:

I'd prefer the Atari:)

it's not a fair comparison tho, If my atari could do everything a PS3 could by using a simple program (devhook) then why would anybody bother with the PS3, even people on 2.71SE have to use devhook to emulate anything higher.

The question is, Can 2.71SE do anything that a 1.5 with Devhook can't? To my understanding the answer is a big, gritty, in your face NO.

well as for me being o 2.71 SE i have to say you dont know what your talkin about cuz 2.71 SE can do everything a 1.5 can devhooked and not devhooked for that matter 1.5 people who refuse to try this dont know that its partly two firmwares put together to make a custom firmware and it also has a wide aray of compatible homebrew everything iv tryed on 2.71 SE has worked so i have to say you can take your nitty gritty NO bac cuz 2.71 SE can do more then a 1.5 devhooked and tell me it dont cuz ill prove you wrong :p :p :p :p
and as for this 3.00 SE has anyone tryed this out does it work and how compatible is homebrew on it

Method Man
December 4th, 2006, 11:46
come on peope it is nonsens to make a 3.00 se
i heard 3.00 is/was buggy, make a 3.01se, thats would be really good! also i don't think it would be run all homebrew games/apps (remember the problems with irshell on 2.71se)

SO PLEASE Homebrew makers make a 3.01se!

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 12:08
i just thought of somthing when i was lookin more into this why would you need a psar dumper for a custom firmware i mean why i bet this is just an installer for the full 3.00 hybrid and if it is this 3.00 SE is so misleading and no way am i goin to flash this to my psp when i can easily run it of my memory stick this is just what i think it is tho i could be very wrong lol

EDIT: i was exactly right i was on another forum reading up on this and all it is is the hybrid 3.00 just flashed to the psp and a reallt buggy version ( homebrew doesnt work on this and multiple other things) of it and this is also being worked on by a more trusted source do any of you remember the post about the 3.00 vsh tho the devhooked version was released kando, lordsturm, birdman, and JamesBDX (sorry if i left anyone else name out) are working on a version thats not devhooked and has homebrew working tho some features are removed like the webrowser and rss (possible other things maybe even location free player) so i would just wait for them to release this and not risk bricking my psp and btw has anyone heard of this Dr. Download lol

EDIT: lol sorry i just edited my post like a minute ago and looked back at this forum and kando expects to release theirs version tomorrow so be waiting for that

erix2006
December 4th, 2006, 14:28
This doesnt mean that we can play homebrew on 3.0. init? I have 3.0 :( Some1 plz cheer me up.

appie01
December 4th, 2006, 14:43
don't know what happened but for some reason it
didn't show my games anymore and didn't crash at system
menu and power settings

it did before i got that bleu screen (bsod)

but i went from 3.0 SE-B to 1.5 and then upgraded
to 2.71 SE-C i'd say you could better stay at
1.5 or the golden firmware
:thumbup: 2.71 SE-C :thumbup:

ps added my video link in previous post ;)

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 15:54
ye dont bother with this its not actually 3.00 SE its a 2.71 SE-C with the 3.00 vsh thats all it is the title of this thread is very misleading

IcePeten
December 4th, 2006, 16:29
Dunno if others got it translated, but...

I present today a version to you beta of Custom Firmware 3.00, I worked above this week end and I succeeded has to arrive at something of step too badly, only the navigator and the menu of Management of the food does not go. The problem comes from space available on the nand of the PSP (the memory flash), with the clone of the modules of the 271SE Some homebrew do not pass return wink here Installation: * You must be in 271SE C * To copy contained file from your Memory Stick * To copy the DATA.PSAR of firmware 3.00/3.01 with the root of Memory Stick * To launch PSARDUMPER * To launch the install of the 300SE You veiled in 300SE, this is a version beta and some bugs persists: * Navigator off * Management of the food off (not to try to go there the psp goes freezer) Diffusion only on PSPCreative, Metagames-have, Gx-MOD, and Maxconsole To ask the permission Dr.Download to diffuse the program on your site

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 16:44
i dont see why people keep bother with this ill give you my reasons for this

One its not this guys work he may have made the installer for it thats it its a rip off of kando, lordsturm, birdman, and JamesBDXs work and he didnt credit them for it

Two ITS NOT CUSTOM FIRMWARE

Three its really buggy and makes homebrew and many other things not work

And not to mention you could possibly brick your psp and its not from a really reliable source may i ask you guys have you heard of Dr. download

Im not trying to put this guy down but i mean come on face the facts this is so misleading its not even funny but hey thats my opinion ill just wait for kando to release team FWI's version so i wont end up with a buggy psp or even a brick

Project.funky
December 4th, 2006, 16:50
when will kando, lordsturm, birdman, and JamesBDXs be releasing there custom firmware?

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 16:55
i thinks they will be releasing it tomorrow and i wouldn't really call it custom firmware more like a mod for custom firmware

Project.funky
December 4th, 2006, 16:59
So it's not for 2.8 ? :'(

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 17:11
nope will not work on 2.8 sorry

Project.funky
December 4th, 2006, 17:22
God dam it, IM SO SICK OF WAiting :@ i didn't Evan no about the home brew scene when i updated , i regret it SO much :@:@ arghh

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 17:35
well you could always try to find a non ta- 82 motherboard psp that has a downgradable firmware
(2.00,2.6,2.71)

Project.funky
December 4th, 2006, 17:49
:( i've got no money (not that much) plus my dad wont wanna get me a another psp for Christmas lol

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 17:51
lol try trading one with someone you know or rent one from a video store that does that and trade it out lol

Project.funky
December 4th, 2006, 18:02
LMAO, you can rent psp HAHA, i already tried swapping with my mate he's got a version 2.6 and hes all no :@ i evan offerd all my games and £20 :| but no hes a gaytard

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 18:24
switch it when hes not lookin lol he wont know the difference

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 18:43
well as for me being o 2.71 SE i have to say you dont know what your talkin about cuz 2.71 SE can do everything a 1.5 can devhooked and not devhooked for that matter 1.5 people who refuse to try this dont know that its partly two firmwares put together to make a custom firmware and it also has a wide aray of compatible homebrew everything iv tryed on 2.71 SE has worked so i have to say you can take your nitty gritty NO bac cuz 2.71 SE can do more then a 1.5 devhooked and tell me it dont cuz ill prove you wrong :p :p :p :p
and as for this 3.00 SE has anyone tryed this out does it work and how compatible is homebrew on it

WHAT?????

Before critisizing my post maybe you should have READ IT FIRST!!:p :p :p :p

I never said 1.5 can do anything 2.71SE can't, I said there's nothing (except a few homebrew progs reprogramed from 1.5 to HENC) that 2.71SE can do that 1.5 with devhook can't do.

In other words to make myself clear, they do the same things. If I am wrong then please correct me and give me a reason to update.:)

I am as aware as you are that 2.71SE is a mix of 1.5 and 2.71, I follow the scene closely.

And aint it nice that instead of helping me and answering my question in my other post (that of course you could seeing how you know what you're talking about) you attack a perfectly resonable post that made no false claims and then try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

I hope I havent sounded too harsh:) . I have no desire to argue with you and would happily share a peace pipe (or a vader head bong in my case) with you. I just felt the need to defend myself on this one.

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 19:18
i must have misread your post man sorry iv been up all night and i misread all the time sorry for the confusion and as for the piece pipe send it my way i have one o share with you as well lol

green-machine
December 4th, 2006, 19:29
Tales of Eternia worked fine on my 1.5+devhook, but now it doesnt run on 2.71SEC. I could try loading it with devhook on my 2.71SEC, but i'm too busy playing Valkirye Profile! Up the Homebrew!

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 19:33
i must have misread your post man sorry iv been up all night and i misread all the time sorry for the confusion and as for the piece pipe send it my way i have one o share with you as well lol

no worry's mate ;) (sorry had to say it, I hear it so often over here lol)

Oh if only the technology existed to send it thru the net lol :D

I havn't had any for a week, payday today:D suns comming up and it won't be long now till I get my fix :thumbup:

@everyone else, sorry I know this threads got nothin to with 2.71SE or weed :o

F9zDark
December 4th, 2006, 19:33

I tried 2.71 SE and didn't like it. It didn't run any of the homebrew I had. That first impression was enough for me and I quickly went back to my 1.50 and Devhooked 2.71.

I think the problem is that many people regard 1.50 as THE firmware for homebrew (it was originally 1.0, but 1.50 quickly took over since more people had it). I never thought too highly of custom firmware; such, I feel, makes it too easy for malicious users to destroy someone's PSP. Sure the community is smart enough to be wary of programs coming from never before seen members, but still...

Point is, to those that use 1.50, no amount of features or abilities inside a custom firmware will make someone switch; and the fact that custom firmware has nearly filled the flash's capacity, means that we are nearing the end of the road for custom firmware.

Some of Sony's features in firmware became necessary to run the games (for instance, GTA and 2.0, since Sony introduced new codecs in that firmware, that GTA NEEDS to run in-game cutscenes). With a custom 2.71/3.00 firmware and Sony's changing of the flash filesystem in 3.1 (which means it will NEVER be made into a custom firmware, and probably never devhooked without a new devhook made just for it).

Its looking grim but so long as the flash chip is getting more and more full, I feel that custom firmware wont advance too much farther.

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 19:51
i dont see why none of your homebrew worked i have yet to have any not work but i dont think this is the end of custom firmware all that they need to do id clear up space from useless things noone uses i hope to see much more custom firmwares unlike this 3.00 SE which by the way IS NOT a custom firmware

F9zDark
December 4th, 2006, 20:38
i dont see why none of your homebrew worked i have yet to have any not work but i dont think this is the end of custom firmware all that they need to do id clear up space from useless things noone uses i hope to see much more custom firmwares unlike this 3.00 SE which by the way IS NOT a custom firmware

Yeah but what is useless to you may not be useless to others; and what seems useless may be in fact needed to run a game, which makes custom firmware useless...

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 21:29
i have to disagree custom firmware is not useless im sure your on 1.5 with custom firmware right imagine this one day you flash somthing to your psp and it bricks and you dont have custom firmware what do you do then nothing you set their with your lil paper weight and with custom firmware you brick it and fix it so ye its not useless no matter what the custom firmware is its not useless

F9zDark
December 4th, 2006, 21:46
I was talking about 2.71 SE- 3.00 SE specifically, because that is what is filling the flash. I use HarleyG's recovery mode and a Black XMB theme (only changes the background). Nothing else.

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 21:57
well still its not useless it comes in handy no matter what custom firmware it is but i wont stop hoping for more custom firmware cuz i dont think its then end of it well i hope not

o yea btw there is no 3.00 SE lol

mikebeaver
December 4th, 2006, 22:01
(which means it will NEVER be made into a custom firmware, and probably never devhooked without a new devhook made just for it).

Seems we already have devhook emulation for 3.01, no matter what sony throw at the scene, it just gets thrown back in it's face

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/devhook-v0-51-released-psp-firmware-v3-01-emulation-compatible-44935.html

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 22:12
Seems we already have devhook emulation for 3.01, no matter what sony throw at the scene, it just gets thrown back in it's face

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/devhook-v0-51-released-psp-firmware-v3-01-emulation-compatible-44935.html

lol thats so true that cant stop the psp from being hacked they should just give up lol

hawke213x
December 5th, 2006, 00:12
Yup yup^^

ryanMWolfe
December 5th, 2006, 01:58
ok 2.71 SE is way better why they both do the same thing, BUT DEVHOOK TAKES 20MB AND CUSTOM 2.71 SE TAKES NONE HAHAHAHA

ajw22
December 18th, 2006, 07:41
You can download firmware v3.00 SE BETA at:
http://www.psp-spot.com/forums/index.php?act=dscript&CODE=showdetails&f_id=1140