PDA

View Full Version : Who wants SEGA to come back?

MrTeressaBond
December 3rd, 2006, 22:37
Who wants SEGA to come back?

as simple as that, but details will follow later, but what do you lot think?

i think it is about time, with the minor mistakes they have made, im sure they can learn form them in the future.

JKKDARK
December 3rd, 2006, 22:42
Me, me, me!!!!

I want a new console. too bad it's impossible :(

Kaiser
December 3rd, 2006, 23:15
Sega needs to smarten up first. They're really determined to drive their franchises into the ground over and over again.

I miss the days of the Genesis.

AtariFreek
December 4th, 2006, 00:25
I agree, if Sega doesn't stop trying to ruin their own company they might make the next Genesis. *drools*

MrTeressaBond
December 4th, 2006, 00:32
totally agree with you, and they know we are wanting them to come back.

also, they are now called Sammy-Sega, which actually made them one of the powerful gaming companies in the world, but i dont know if it surpasses rival companies with their consoles.

also, it has already been my dream to already help save their time by already creating a design of a new Sega console, and wat i would like it to be a universal console.

yes...as in play cartridges and very complex console designed just like the Saturn, in fact, just the Saturn.

i do not agree with hte fact that 6 cores like the PS3 is needed to make it realistic looking, there is a way to emulate that power wiht something less eqivilant. dont know also about if NVIDIA or ATI would be a good chipset Sega would like, even though they had a seret contact with NVIDIA.

thus, i also like this console to be secret too. i have mentioned this in a another board before, but got slacked most of the time, but maybe thats because it was a movie board with a video games section in it.

as i was saying, i tend to save their time, cause if they were to create a new console, it would take them ages, thus they will loose out abit, or alot, we dont want themt o make that mistake.

thus i wished to literally or make a console, but i was asking people with the thread called 'How nice is Sega?', and i generally did get that they were, and i was asking to myself if i were to ask something like for their permission to emulate all consoles in one machine, and hopefully demostrating it too.

a funny thing to do it, to creat a petition and mail it to every website related to Sega, to sign it to make them create a console, and supposely, we forgive them for maybe what they have done?

Cap'n 1time
December 4th, 2006, 02:26
Sega isn't exactly gone you know... but I too would love to see a new console.

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 03:35
Sega and Atari should team up :), I think sega's gone for good :(. They really messed up with the Saturn, If they didn't lose so much money in the saturn days then the dreamcast could have survived. They should have re-released the dreamcast a year or 2 ago and beaten nintendo to the punch with a cheaper last gen system for those who don't care about Hi-Def graphics, they could have even made a fancy controller for it.

Sega always knew games but they never knew how to run a business.
Ps3 remind anybody of the Saturn, Expensive, more powerfull and harder to program for. Maybe next Gen after Sony have been Humbled there might be room for Sega to come back.

Shadowblind
December 4th, 2006, 03:42
Sega is the first game company Ive ever known, and loved for that matter. I would rather see Sega arise then any other game company Ive ever known that has been messed up.

Genesis rocked, and the games were awesome. I still rmember playin Ristar, Vectorman, Sparkster, Wcky worlds....sigh...

Napalm-Death
December 4th, 2006, 03:53
I want Streets of Rage 4...and not a 3D game..(Fighting Force)

Kaiser
December 4th, 2006, 04:26
I want Streets of Rage 4...and not a 3D game..(Fighting Force)

Seconded. Those were some great games. SEGA needs to get back to its roots, then I'd give it permission to make another NiGHTs game let alone any other golden franchises they've kept locked away.

The only thing they've done right in the last few years is buying Creative Assembly.

x-zero
December 4th, 2006, 05:10
Armored Core 4 is a huge franchise game in Japan and in the USA where i am from. What im trying to say is that Sega is going to be Publishing Armored Core 4 so by they doing so their company will do very well.:thumbup:

acn010
December 4th, 2006, 05:14
i love sega... its like nintendo but in a different way... (thats my thing)

Napalm-Death
December 4th, 2006, 11:40
It feels weird seeing SEGA's name on Guilty Gear. I mean it's awesome, but it's just not the same anymore.

Darksaviour69
December 4th, 2006, 11:50
The only thing they've done right in the last few years is buying Creative Assembly.

they also bought "Sports Interactive" that made Championship Manger but they left eidos and now make Football Manager, which are huge selling franchises in Europe ( great games too).

But look at it this way, they made great games for the DC and the nearly sink, they make a mix bag of games now (crap-good) and they are making loads...

Btw made there mission statement to be the biggest publisher in the world, i.e. be bigger than EA

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 13:36
wow to see a new sega console would be great and who wouldnt want a new console from sega i mean they were so awesome from the get go i hope maybe sega will come out of left field with some console thats like 10 times better then the new consoles

MrTeressaBond
December 4th, 2006, 13:51
well i suppose they want to be bigger than EA because they went back on their word, when they said they would publish games for the DC if they sold over a million consoles, in which case they did within 90 days, but backed-out and instead went to Sony's PS2, which was really horrible of them.

if they are so great at publishing now, im sure they know how to tackle with promoting a new Sega console.

i will list a few ideas later on.

will i have to ask permission from SEGA if i want to emulate their past consoles on a new machine to demostrate?

I heart Nintendo
December 4th, 2006, 14:13
I think it's just a pipe dream though. Given the trac record of SEGA's consoles, some third party developers might be wary of them.

I think SEGA are great and I still love the DreamCast and HOPE Sega Saturn games go up on the Virtual console.

But I can't see them putting out a new console. Whatthey need to do is put out some damn games. I wanna see Streets of rage 4 (which plays more like 2 and not 3. 3 sucked, it was like it was made by a different team entirely!) I wanna see Burning Rangers 2 and Fighting Vipers 3 on Lindbergh. And...Shenmue 3. I need that game!

Auriman1
December 5th, 2006, 00:00
If Sega made a new console, there's a good chance I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Sega has never truly failed me with any of their games, and there are quite a few Sega fans lurking about, ready to strike if such an opportunity were to arise. I don't think they could do such a thing at the moment, however. Maybe in a couple years, they'll rise once again for the ultimate take-over. Until then, third-party support will have to suffice.

chrono75
December 5th, 2006, 00:25
I wish Sega would make another system... But, that's wishful thinking.
The only Sega system I ever got really attached to was the Dreamcast and it was the bomb! I still play mine all the time, actually, I played Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for more than 15 hours the last 4 days :)

MrTeressaBond
December 5th, 2006, 12:08
i myself play the dreamcast all the time, House of the Dead 2, Resident Evil 2, Rival Schools 2, the works.

also wat i plan for this console, is wen they will play or emulate other games from SEGA's own consoles, the power and graphics units will make them look alot bettre.

this will include anti-aliasing, probably up-scaling them to High-Defination picture, and boostunig up the frame-rate, so it will run too smoothly wen it comes to high graphic load within the game.

i seriously want them to come back, and i think maybe we can help them, if u some say they need to smarten-up, then why not help?

maybe we should create a new thread called something like 'Revive SEGA to bring make a new ssytem or console or watever'

anyone?

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 6th, 2006, 02:32
Sega isn't exactly gone you know... but I too would love to see a new console.

Thats like saying you had a feeling Magnum T.A. would be the top title contender for 1989...

I want to see sega get back in the bizz because 1. they've burned me, 2, im tired of supporting failures all the time, and 3 they are the only true gaming company left.

I mean look at the field. $on¥, Mi¢ro$oft! NOTHING BUT USERPERS! :mad: They seek to take advantage of increasing popularity but they arnt true gaming companies at all. The problem with this industry is that its run by invaders! Sega at times acted so idiotic you would think they did these things on purpose. SOJ and SOA need autonomy from the Big Seg in order to develop something worthwhile. If sega can play it right and not burn bridges and screw ppl it can succeede because it always had the software.

as for that EA shit i thought it was dusty but i guess sega should of had it in writing..

Junixx
December 6th, 2006, 04:04
I would love it if Sega came back :) Genesis was the main system i had from them and then I played a little Dreamcast, but not much...didn't have one lol

mcvader
December 6th, 2006, 04:44
I too wanted to see a Sega console that emulated all of there old consoles and also re-released every game they've made since they died, but then came the Wii Virtual console, they wouldn't have signed up with Nintendo if they had any plans of that kind.

There is one true gaming company making consoles, The Nintendo (or "Luck of the Heavens") have stayed true, probably why Sega chose to support them over $ony (a hardware company) and Microsoft (a software company). Plus I doubt Nintendo ever forgave $ony for ripping off the Playstation X.

MrTeressaBond
December 6th, 2006, 09:38
Sega did not die by the way.

and i have heard of this wii Virtual console, but im not entirely sure about it.

the console would be back-ward compatible to all games, and there would be a cartridge slot as well to slide in MegaDrive games, and GameGear, and not to forget, MasterSystem.

also, i would have to think of a way to make all the old control pads fit into this nw console as well. in order to play well. to get that good old Sega feeling back in hte day.

my first console ever as a Sega Saturn, and i totally fell in love with it, with even only have 2 games and a demo up to know even.

the facts you lot have given is something incredibly strong, and it is something that needs to be spreaded and to get to people's thick heads as well.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 6th, 2006, 16:22
McVader what the f*** r u on about? your trying to say because sega makes games for everyone INCUDING Nintendo that sega has conceded something? the battles of the past between the two super game powers never had a true winner. both have been shifted by force or society or fads from their purposes. Sega is in an Atari like possetion. and Sony never stole the PS from nintendo they just diddnt do it.. I think they wanted the N64 over it or some stuff..

MrTeressaBond
December 6th, 2006, 19:59
ahh yes, i think i have head that story somewhere, glad that u mentioned it.

maybe we can take a console and see if they would like it? :D

from a friend that i know, which has contacts and of advertising, he was phoning up these companies, and out of the three, Sony, Nintendo, and Sega,....SEGA wsa the better out of them, ie, they were the nicest and easy to approach, whereas Sony arrogantly dissed him off and no wat in the world for blood or money could he get in contact with Nintendo.

hope that enlightens you lot :D

Stump
December 6th, 2006, 20:07
yeah, SEGA is old..
A new console will bring new hope on track ;)

MrTeressaBond
December 6th, 2006, 21:37
just like the old days.

lets do it! or its not the best thing in the world on wat i had in mind?:D

SSaxdude
December 6th, 2006, 22:38
Sega should make the Dreamcast 2, and make it affordable ($300) and it would definately sell.

Dreamcast 2 you might ask? Because the Dreamcast is/was/will always be the best.

Oh and by the way I'm writing a cause and effect essay for my literature class about why Sega doesn't make systems anymore. If anybody wants a copy when I'm finished or for me to post it on DCEmu, PM me. I'm not great with writing, but it's about Sega so it'll be awesome.

Lorestel
December 7th, 2006, 03:58
I always hoped that Sega would make a come back, and I'm still hoping. I remember when it was just Sega versus Nintendo. It was nice. They always showed friendly competition with each other. If Sega feels they can't produce another console on their own, then I think that they should team up with Nintendo to make something that would be both inovative and powerful.

MrTeressaBond
December 7th, 2006, 08:45
wel, these days there isnt a decent or a proper competitior now, its all about trying to make money in new areas which they sholdnt be in.

mor or less, Nintendo is on their own now, and if SEGA was to come back in, someone is going to be pulling thier Christmas sockings way up high!

my design of the console was inspired by the Dreamcast, so Dreamcast 2 was a funny thoght actually, but i remember a rumour that they were going to make something called a 'Nightcast'. during the time the Dreamcast was out.

MrTeressaBond
December 8th, 2006, 21:07
anyone?

who thinks we should make a start on helping creating a console for SEGA?

or may i ask, do i have to ask permission from them perhaps?

the_eternal_dark
December 9th, 2006, 23:04
I want something like a Dreamcast portable (no Treamcast, as it is pushing the portability term).

MrTeressaBond
December 10th, 2006, 20:50
lets not forget that if a new SEGA console were to come out, what woud you expect from it?

yes to play DVDs as well, but wat ould you go for?

HD-DVD or Blu-Ray?

i personally go for HD-DVD, not because i dont liek Sony, its also due to the fact its better and simpler and would be a good market for that format itself.

also, emaulating games from GameGear itself, that would be a challenge. dont know :D

JKKDARK
December 10th, 2006, 20:56
and compatibility with GD's (Dreamcast and Naomi, both machines)

MrTeressaBond
December 10th, 2006, 21:04
ohhhh yes! i kinda forgot about that.

now that Naomi GD-ROMs are circulating, people can have a grab of htem, so it shall emulate that as well. and have the nice arcade (improved) experience!

with the power of the new SEGA console i have in mind, it should be powerful enough to emulate the Dreamcast, and of course the Sega Saturn itself. i think htats wat i really want, for the Saturn. being very complex console itself to be runned and emulated.

heck, maybe i shall get the guy who is creating SSF to help me emu hte Saturn on a more powerful machine, i think that would give him/her the advantage to make it more possible, as well using hte full power of the console to improve the games technically.

but i dont know about the Dreamcast, on how easy it is yo emulate, but i think the biggest problem is the GD-ROMs, as the TOC is different unless we make a new drive with a TOC htat can read the High-Density bit.

any ideas?

the_eternal_dark
December 10th, 2006, 23:16
and compatibility with GD's (Dreamcast and Naomi, both machines)

I doubt Sega would make the same mistake twice with GD's. They'd probably have something like the Wii virtual console or X360 Live Arcade for all those older games.

JKKDARK
December 10th, 2006, 23:31
I doubt Sega would make the same mistake twice with GD's. They'd probably have something like the Wii virtual console or X360 Live Arcade for all those older games.

Excuse me, but GD's have a big size.
In the Wii Virtual Console there are not GameCube games. Why? because these games have a big size.
And I was not talking about GD's as the format for the next Sega console, only compatible. Like the Wii, you can put the GameCube discs.

MrTeressaBond
December 11th, 2006, 00:28
well, if the Wii can play GameCube games, so will the new Sega console.

i mention this because isnt it true that the gamecube disc spins backwards? if so, im sure it wouldnt be too much of a problem for a new SEGA console to be compatible with other Sega formats.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 12th, 2006, 18:39
TB if i may say u got an interesting name for a Man.

Cap'n 1time
December 12th, 2006, 19:14
I think rather than a new SEGA console, it would be successful and hella cool if SEGA teamed up specifically with Nintendo. Of course that has happened to an extent (Segas software via game discs and now virtual console also) but I think sega has more in common with nintendo than any of these other guys. Id like to see Sega become second party.

MrTeressaBond
December 13th, 2006, 17:18
well, seeing htat Nintendo and SEGA were rivals, i find it very hard to see them two joining forces, as they will be owned by Nintendo and not SEGA having any freedom, thus i didnt really like that.

Sega must come back and i am trying to find a way how.

maybe a Petition perhaps?

anyone?

JKKDARK
December 13th, 2006, 17:22
Petitions don't work, I saw a lot of them. It's impossible to get 10.000 guys/girls to sign a petition in 6-8 months.

MrTeressaBond
December 13th, 2006, 19:04
well, is htat why it wont work?

or you just saying they dont work at all?

JKKDARK
December 13th, 2006, 19:09
Yes. I remember a famous petition for Shenmue 3 on Dreamcast. It got more than 15.000 but it idn't work :(

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 13th, 2006, 22:19
the gd room format still has potential. the dc hardware failed it not vice versa. i believe better security will fi9x that. but are u saying naomi has released blank GDs for us to purchase?

if sega teamed with nin i would not support it i would fight sega. i do not want to see a puppet corperation from sega i want the real deal. if they are serious and in a mood to stand ALONE and dominate i will support it without resistance. As for the virtual games thats not true emulation. unless there is an actual socket or adaptor super gameboy esque its not legit.

again TB wat is with the name "teressa"?

the_eternal_dark
December 14th, 2006, 01:38
Excuse me, but GD's have a big size.
In the Wii Virtual Console there are not GameCube games. Why? because these games have a big size.
And I was not talking about GD's as the format for the next Sega console, only compatible. Like the Wii, you can put the GameCube discs.

Remember how easy it was to make copies of GD's? I doubt Sega would want their new console to play them because of that.

GD's are a great format, but had lacked any security, which in my reasoning, would mean Sega can't go back and implement a good security function to prevent pirated/copied games from playing. Gamecube had a similar problem with their mini DVDs.

And MrTeressaBond, the idea of GC disks spinning backwards was a rumor. They spin like normal and you can use regular (but good quality) mini DVD-Rs (and some regular DVD-Rs as well) to load homebrew code.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 14th, 2006, 01:48
how the hell can u use DVDs with the DC? Does that not make the DC a DVD player? and how much more room do DVDs offer for say a large h-bru? and the issue wasnt the GD rom it was the DC PLAYING MEDIA IN WAYS IT SHOULD NOT HAVE at all. if they had tried harder the gd roms could also get boosted security.

gunntims0103
December 14th, 2006, 01:58
sega dreamcast 2

i would definitly buy it

i wish sega got back into the consol race we need something new....

Cap'n 1time
December 14th, 2006, 02:14
how the hell can u use DVDs with the DC? Does that not make the DC a DVD player? and how much more room do DVDs offer for say a large h-bru? and the issue wasnt the GD rom it was the DC PLAYING MEDIA IN WAYS IT SHOULD NOT HAVE at all. if they had tried harder the gd roms could also get boosted security.

He didnt say the DC accepted DVD's, he was refering to the Gamecube which took the longest to pirate (of the last generation consoles) due to the fact that it used mini DVD's which are a little bit hard to find and are sort of expensive. It can read normal DVD-r's but it requires that you modify (pay for) the case and of course buy a modchip.

To the guy that says its easy to pirate GD-roms... i promise you have never backed up a DC game before. Actually it was the dreamcast's support of homebrew code that allowed for its discs to be pirated. I've never actually done it, but i suspect it takes either coder cables or a bba and a program to rip the content off of a gd rom. It took a similar meathod to rip GC mini dvd's though it was done by means of an exploit found in the commercial game Phantasy Star Online. If that game was never released or the exploit not found, we probably we have only fairly recently had pirated GC content.

JKKDARK
December 14th, 2006, 02:36
Remember how easy it was to make copies of GD's? I doubt Sega would want their new console to play them because of that.

GD's are a great format, but had lacked any security, which in my reasoning, would mean Sega can't go back and implement a good security function to prevent pirated/copied games from playing.

And you still don't understand. The format for the next games will not be GD's. I'm talking about compatibility with them. Also, the latest Dreamcast manufactured in the United States (After October 2000, I think) were unable to read CD's, it means that piracy was not a problem on these versions.

VampDude
December 14th, 2006, 03:18
GD's are outdated anyway, they were limited to 1.2gb which compared to games thesedays is reletivly small

JKKDARK
December 14th, 2006, 03:20
GD's are outdated anyway, they were limited to 1.2gb which compared to games thesedays is reletivly small

They are not outdated. The Dreamcast and the Naomi are still using GD and there are new commercial games announced for the next year.

the_eternal_dark
December 14th, 2006, 03:26
And you still don't understand. The format for the next games will not be GD's. I'm talking about compatibility with them. Also, the latest Dreamcast manufactured in the United States (After October 2000, I think) were unable to read CD's, it means that piracy was not a problem on these versions.

Sorry JKKDARK, what I meant was that I doubt that Sega would have the backwards compatibility with the GD media. And I do remember hearing about the 3rd (or 4th) version of the DC that would not play copied media, but it was rather low in numbers and had little impact. I am willing to bet that they would use a system like the Wii where you can just download the older games if you wanted.

As for proprietary media, I bet they would opt for a media in between HD DVD and Blu-Ray, maybe like a GD-DVD or something wierd that has like 3 or so layers and so encrypted and protected that piracy would only dream to touch it.

Cap'n 1time, you can also leave the GameCube's case off (bad) or if you are handy with a dremel, you can sand a space big enough for a full size DVD in the original case (can look bad, but works). I put many an emulator on mini DVDs. It was expensive, but worth it, up until the SDLoader came out (SNES and NES were compatable from loading off an SD card).

VampDude
December 14th, 2006, 03:32
They are not outdated. The Dreamcast and the Naomi are still using GD and there are new commercial games announced for the next year.

not outdated to the fact games are still being released on the GD-ROM format, but to the disk size compared to those of other consoles they are kinda outdated as they can't hold as much - take ShenmueII for example, on DreamCast the game is on 3 disks, on Xbox it's on 1

the_eternal_dark
December 14th, 2006, 03:33
not outdated to the fact games are still being released on the GD-ROM format, but to the disk size compared to those of other consoles they are kinda outdated as they can't hold as much - take ShenmueII for example, on DreamCast the game is on 3 disks, on Xbox it's on 1

And the Dreamcast version is still better...

VampDude
December 14th, 2006, 03:37
And the Dreamcast version is still better...

I never doubted the DreamCast version, it's the only version I would ever touch cause the Xbox sucks!

JKKDARK
December 14th, 2006, 03:39

And did you try both? Dreamcast version is a lot better.
Anyway, if you see the games released on the PlayStation 2 and the Dreamcast, the ones released on Dreamcast had better graphics. Some examples: Grandia 2, Dead Or Alive 2, Resident Evil Code: Veronica.

the_eternal_dark
December 14th, 2006, 03:41
I never doubted the DreamCast version, it's the only version I would ever touch cause the Xbox sucks!

KOTOR I and II, Half-Life 2, Doom 3 (although Doom3 and Half-Life 2 were degraded to play on the XBox) were pretty good. There are a few more, but not many.

Anyway, if you see the games released on the PlayStation 2 and the Dreamcast, the ones released on Dreamcast had better graphics. Some examples: Grandia 2, Dead Or Alive 2, Resident Evil Code: Veronica.

The PS2 was harder to program on, and it was way too overhyped. Plus many Sony fanboys cried for Code Veronica to be ported because they didn't want to buy the Dreamcast (pretty much like RE4 and the GC).

VampDude
December 14th, 2006, 03:50

nup, cause don't have an Xbox...

...and yeah I noticed with games that were originally on Dreamcast and got ported to PS2 that they dont look as good, CrazyTaxi is a good example of a poor conversion - well not poor but the DC version is graphicaly better

the_eternal_dark
December 14th, 2006, 04:00
nup, cause don't have an Xbox...

...and yeah I noticed with games that were originally on Dreamcast and got ported to PS2 that they dont look as good, CrazyTaxi is a good example of a poor conversion - well not poor but the DC version is graphicaly better

And the DC was "underpowered".... :rofl:

VampDude
December 14th, 2006, 04:07
And the DC was "underpowered".... :rofl:

even so, anything that was on Dreamcast first was better on Dreamcast!

the_eternal_dark
December 14th, 2006, 05:47
even so, anything that was on Dreamcast first was better on Dreamcast!

So true, look at Rez. That was THE best game for the Dreamcast but was crap on the PS2. Too bad you know. I'd love to see Rez 2 on XB360 or PS3 (maybe the Wii if it will use the Remote/Nunchuk setup) if it will ever happen.

I still think our best bet would be that we would see a portable rather than a home console from Sega, atleast in the near future.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 14th, 2006, 09:37
tyhat whole shit about the DC's grafx was true but in the end were did it get the DC?

dejkirkby
December 14th, 2006, 12:11
So true, look at Rez. That was THE best game for the Dreamcast but was crap on the PS2.

It was the best. well, apart from Ikaruga obviously.

the_eternal_dark
December 14th, 2006, 14:31
Well, yeah. It's always going to be close with those 2 though.

MrTeressaBond
December 14th, 2006, 16:34
about hte ports, without a doubt, the Dreamcast version was the best!

my best examlpe for this was Resident Evil 2! that game inparticular is something i cannot get enough off, and because i owned on the PSX for a long time, i finally gotten myself a Dreamcast, and the Dreamcast version of RE2.

when i popped it in, i was obviously expecting the same old PSX version with extra stuff. how wrong i was :(. this version absolutely blown me away! the FMV was in its full 4:3 aspect ratio and not cropped, also throughout the whole game, it runs on a smooth 60FPS!!! its soo beautiful! and the graphics are alot smoother, although it has been mentioned that Capcom should have taken the advantage of the Dreamcast's specs by bumping up the polygon rate of the models in the game, but that didnt bother me, it wsa perfect as it is. i couldnt find a better example.

and i think the RAM on the DC is more than the PS2, thus video graphics will look better on hte DC than the PS2.

GD-ROMs are not outdated, because they are still used on the Naomi boards in the arcades and they still provide some of the good or best stuff u could experice in gaming. plus, for ripping them, it is quite hard to rip a GD-ROM 1:1, cause of its size, and data is either compressed or removed to fit on a 700MB (800MB if ur lucky to find those discs).

not to forget to mention the power between the DC and the PS2 is almost very on par, and look at the size of the PS2! is quite massive, and according to some friends, they thought the menu (or bios) in the PS2 was quite boring and not stylish at all. comparing to the DC :D

and also, may i ask, what is wrong with my name?

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 15th, 2006, 16:30
The DC screen gives me nausia after awile and a headache. And so what? techni8cally speaking arnt the arcades outdated making the GDROM even more outdated.

And I just wanted to say Teressa was an interesting name for a male. I just want to know were you got it from and stuff.

JKKDARK
December 15th, 2006, 19:21
I still think our best bet would be that we would see a portable rather than a home console from Sega, atleast in the near future.

No. Sega will not touch the Dreamcast at this level. Enough that they let use GD-ROMS for new official commercial games on Dreamcast.

the_eternal_dark
December 15th, 2006, 20:22
No. Sega will not touch the Dreamcast at this level. Enough that they let use GD-ROMS for new official commercial games on Dreamcast.

I'm saying that the home console market right now is the worst market for Sega to try to get into at the moment.

Or they could release a NEXT next gen console.

MrTeressaBond
December 17th, 2006, 16:06
well SEGA should and hopefully will release a new console! that i the whole point here i assume.

and i suppose we can discuss what we wish for hte new console to have.
i myself have alredy spreaded my ideas. hoping to hear mroe i assume and ur opinions.

perhaps u agree with a cartridge slotter?

the_eternal_dark
December 18th, 2006, 01:18
well SEGA should and hopefully will release a new console! that i the whole point here i assume.

and i suppose we can discuss what we wish for hte new console to have.
i myself have alredy spreaded my ideas. hoping to hear mroe i assume and ur opinions.

perhaps u agree with a cartridge slotter?

Cartridge slot would make it bulky, but you could have a service similar to the Wii VC or XB360 live arcade.

I still think a proprietary media (in between HD DVD and Blu Ray storage sizes (maybe known as HD-GD)) that is made up of multiple layers, and has 2 lasers with varying wavelengths to read the multiple layers at the same time (maybe a dual layer disk, one layer for audio one for video) and support for the older GD Roms. 100 - 200 GB HDD. Big portable storage (don't ask what I'm talking about).

Add more to it.

MrTeressaBond
December 18th, 2006, 08:10
i kinda had a disc format already in mind, but i dont know if i have mentioned it here yet maybe.

as we all know, GD-ROM is basically, High-Density recorded data on a CD-ROM disc. my format would be a 'High-Density DVD-ROM'. i had it in min for quite awhile. its basically recording twice the amount wat a disc can offer in tightly packed data written.

once i get an MSI DR8, im going to test it out!

anyone else perhaps?

P.S. my name here is not related to my real name in any way.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 21st, 2006, 02:59
I'm saying that the home console market right now is the worst market for Sega to try to get into at the moment.

Or they could release a NEXT next gen console.

no its not. your only thinking about Japan, America, and western Europe. Look how good the DC done in Brazil. Look how HongKong makes our treams come true. I think if they focused on untapped markets such as S.Korea, South America, South Africa, eastern Europe, Russia, U.A.E., NZ, Au., India, etc they wuld get back their investments. I mean money is money! Well actually you'd rather have a dollar before a peso or ruble but still! Add all that up.

P.S. So Teressa isn't your name at all? Where does it originate from then!?

the_eternal_dark
December 21st, 2006, 03:36
no its not. your only thinking about Japan, America, and western Europe. Look how good the DC done in Brazil. Look how HongKong makes our treams come true. I think if they focused on untapped markets such as S.Korea, South America, South Africa, eastern Europe, Russia, U.A.E., NZ, Au., India, etc they wuld get back their investments. I mean money is money! Well actually you'd rather have a dollar before a peso or ruble but still! Add all that up.

P.S. So Teressa isn't your name at all? Where does it originate from then!?

That is true, but I'd rather see Sega have a good chance globally, rather bomb here, rule there.

I'd love to see Sega do the Sony thing and announce a newer, better console and get a huge hype and completely hand Sony's crap back to them in a small paper bag. :D That would be the greatest thing to happen all year. And then Rez 2 comes out and completely kills off the Halo 3 hype and owns XB360.

I'm waiting....

*edit* - if that made no sense, I appologize. I'm still at work (going on hour 12). Sorry.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 21st, 2006, 07:35
12 aye? wat do u work? by the way im in blount county.

the_eternal_dark
December 21st, 2006, 18:10
12 aye? wat do u work? by the way im in blount county.

I work anywhere from 12 - 14 hours a day just outside of Nashville in a call center (everyone thinks it's easy, until you start working there), for 5 or 6 days a week.

I hate it sometimes, but the pay is good.

MrTeressaBond
December 23rd, 2006, 06:42
hey everyone! sorry for the latre reply, as i am on holiday here and its kinda hard to use things while in the philippines.

anyways, itself wen SEGA will announce a new console, it will gather a huge hype and we just all hope they wont let us down either.

i plan for the cartride slotter to be underneath the CD tray, as i also planned for it to be only a stand-up console, does anyone have any objection to that? it will be very stable.

the_eternal_dark
December 23rd, 2006, 09:00
hey everyone! sorry for the latre reply, as i am on holiday here and its kinda hard to use things while in the philippines.

anyways, itself wen SEGA will announce a new console, it will gather a huge hype and we just all hope they wont let us down either.

i plan for the cartride slotter to be underneath the CD tray, as i also planned for it to be only a stand-up console, does anyone have any objection to that? it will be very stable.

Oh hell! I didn't think of it that way. Thats a good idea. I thought of it on top, behind the disk drive, but this makes more sense.

Here is where I will start my long list of things we could use or love to see:

What kind of memory for gamesave storage would be used? Flash media, proprietary memory cards, or on a system hard drive like the 360 does? A hard drive would probably be a given, most likely a proprietary format that would prevent games from being copied to (file size limitations set at around 100MB or so to prevent piracy) or from (classic, downloaded and purchased legacy games tied to that specific console).

Wireless online gaming for free. Similar to the 360, it would also use obscure ports (otherwise useless to anything else) or proprietary connection settings all together to further hinder any piracy efforts. Basically, no FTPing, but files would be transferred in parts over different ports then being reassembled by the console to allow them to run correctly, and an example being that if you download a Genesis game, such as Sonic the Hedgehog 2, it would come in 3 parts, each with a security encryption and specific parts of the game itself, that in the case of any security tampering or rewriting would completely ruin all 3 files, making your download useless (if you could even access those files without the console) and pretty much wasting your money. Games would also not be able to leave the system (storage wouldn't be a problem with a 250 - 300GB hdd anyway) by any means, and if they do eventually, the system would automatically corrupt the files upon copying (this would prevent game sharing among users from one console to another). Online multiplayer for the downloaded games, players accessible through a Socom (on PSP) style "briefing room" set up for each system and game.

I'd also love to see a 2 stick design of the Dreamcast controller, that isn't as thick, has a VMU styled screen built in (full color, low power consumption with descent resolution, used as a status guage, rearview mirror, an extra camera (like the rocket cam in MGS) which would be perfect in tactical games).

Memory slots on the console as opposed to on the controller (unless the controller used SD cards as a storage device which could mean that memory cards wouldn't be needed, and you could take your game settings with you and all you'd need to do is sync your controller with a friend's system and then load your data and play quickly with the touch of a button). There would still be slots for past console memory cards to be used, the new controller would be used as a controller for all previous systems.

Picture it this way, you choose a multiplayer game, only 1 person's controller is connected at the time and the screen (tv) displays "Please turn on additional controllers and press the 'Sync' button." Then you'd see something like this afterwards, "Multiple players found. (so and so) is available. Please wait." This would then display on the controller's screen, "(so and so) press (A, X, or whatever) to sync controller at this time." And after the syncing is completed, the players stats would load and the game would continue on.

Processing power. I can see it not being the most powerful, but it'd still be impressive though. Maybe an insane dual core processor or a descent tri-core that is more energy efficient than the 360 or PS3 that also runs much cooler. The cooling system would comprise of an efficient ventilation system using carefully calculated ventilation holes to maximize airflow (possibly an intake and an exhaust fan for increased cooling, lowered required power/noise for cooling), as well as a heavily modified flow interruption/re-routing system similar to the 360, high efficiency, low profile heatsinks, and other various, cost-effective heat shedding system improvisations you can think to add.

Lots of available system memory. There's not much I can say here.

Graphics capabilities. I don't know that there can be much said about it. I'd say something on par with the PS3/360 that is compatible with standard def tv's as well as HD setups, but that would be lower on energy consumption and heat generation as well.

There would also be a lot of 3rd party accessory support as well. Classic Genesis or Saturn wireless controllers designed by some of the most top-notch controller makers in the 3rd party market, probably the main use of the licensing. The licensing would be cheap enough for companies to get involved without impacting the final price as much as it used to.

Wireless controllers would probably use a custom connection, possibly similar to bluetooth, to prevent hackers from exploiting connections in any way for malicious intent, mainly to protect the same process for loading gamesave data from loading unsigned code for "bad things" over bluetooth or wifi hacks.

System security would be all proprietary, starting with the custom file system on the hdd, which would also have smaller partitions than the smallest GD-DVD (or whatever) game to prevent piracy. A non-user replaceable or upgradeable hdd that uses a custom interface with the console. If the hard drive is removed, attempted to be read by another system other than the original console, it would automatically corrupt itself, rendering it useless, plus it would probably be connected to the console case or motherboard in such a way that a person at home would not be able to remove it easily, if they did, it would cause a system problem or something to easily break, also rendering the console useless. This hardware security would be strong enough to withstand moderate rough handling, as would be expected during shipping, and in the hands of child/young teen who is inexperienced with a console, but any tampering would be risky.

----------------As this stands, the new Sega console in my view would be pretty expensive if it were developed this way. This is also what I believe should be done to secure it in the long run in the home console business. Lowered software prices would also help the console sell well in the end. Say that the new Sega would sell for $450 - $550 at launch, but the most expensive game would be $29.99 and collectors editions for $39.99. Accessories would be cheaper as well. A company releasing a classic styled wireless Saturn/Genesis controller would be roughly $25.99 - $35.99. In the end, I think this pricing scheme would balance out after 6 - 8 months, and then substantial profits would be made following that (remember, this isn't like the Wii, which made money from the first launch sales).--------------

Ok, I'm freaking tired. Sorry for the long, ill written crap above, but seriously, add what you'd like to see as well, I thought that's what we were doing in here now.

I'm off to bed. Night all.

MrTeressaBond
December 25th, 2006, 05:01
hmmm that is very interesting, i will put my ideas as well, but i only have a few mins left in this cafe.

anyone else may i ask? i myslef dont really like wireless controll pads, as i wanty all the SEGAS console pads to be compatuible with this new console as well.

JKKDARK
December 25th, 2006, 05:25
there're always adapters for old pads.

the_eternal_dark
December 25th, 2006, 06:22
hmmm that is very interesting, i will put my ideas as well, but i only have a few mins left in this cafe.

anyone else may i ask? i myslef dont really like wireless controll pads, as i wanty all the SEGAS console pads to be compatuible with this new console as well.

I forgot ports for the older controllers... Sorry.

ADD THEM!!! :thumbup:

there're always adapters for old pads.

True, but actual ports are fun too, no adapters to worry about buying. Also, what would you like to see Sega do if they create a new console.

Sorry if I sounded like a moron in the other post, I was very tired at the time.

punkypine
December 25th, 2006, 06:41
am i the only one who noticed that most of the new sega games blow?

like sonic?

the_eternal_dark
December 25th, 2006, 07:18

like sonic?

I don't really follow many newer Sega games, I'm still glued to my DC and other Sega consoles at the moment...

JKKDARK
December 25th, 2006, 13:36

like sonic?

It's because Sega is making games for QUANTITY, not quality. Most of the Sega games released on the PlayStation 2 are horrible. But they released games with qulity for other consoles: phantasy star online episode 1 & 2/plus/episode 3, sonic adventure dx, sonic adventure 2 battle

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 26th, 2006, 00:46

how exactly r u gonna make a console and arnt the control sockets for other consoles copyrighted?

JKKDARK
December 26th, 2006, 00:58
how exactly r u gonna make a console and arnt the control sockets for other consoles copyrighted?

These consoles are from Sega.

madcat1990
December 26th, 2006, 01:05
Man if sega went back to the console business I'd die happy :P
I still play Sonic Adventure 2 on my DreamCast (modded xD)
and SNES too :D

JKKDARK
December 26th, 2006, 01:39

A modded Dreamcast is totally useless for me. I still prefer a boot disc for my import games :P

VampDude
December 27th, 2006, 03:00

only 2 Dreamcast mods interest me and thats the SegaSaturn shelled mod, and the ResetButton mod

A modded Dreamcast is totally useless for me. I still prefer a boot disc for my import games :P

bootdisks are kinda slow, but as long as they get the job done they're ok

the_eternal_dark
December 27th, 2006, 05:26
Hey JKKDARK, what would you like to see from Sega if they do go into the next gen?

VampDude
December 27th, 2006, 08:25
SEGA won't go fully next gen, they would rather make a games console that could play decent games rather than have shitty ultra high rez graphics that is'nt really needed in any way to actually play the games it's just for show. they would keep their console basic rather than over do things!

the_eternal_dark
December 29th, 2006, 03:23
SEGA won't go fully next gen, they would rather make a games console that could play decent games rather than have shitty ultra high rez graphics that is'nt really needed in any way to actually play the games it's just for show. they would keep their console basic rather than over do things!

I think they could pull off the hi-rez graphics and yet keep it simple enough for the developers to use. Everyone knows graphics don't make the game, but soooo many people are bent on the better looks, better game mentality. Look at how many people bash the DS and the Wii for being weak (or being too kid friendly).

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 29th, 2006, 13:36
what would you like to see from Sega if they do go into the next gen?

indicators of commonsense
loyalty
no more self-jynxing
and an honest to God effort..

December 29th, 2006, 14:07
I would like to see Sega make a Sonic title that doesn't involve a clichéd anime style storyline involving 50 variants of Sonic where he just changes colour because of magical emeralds

JUST MAKE HIM RUN THROUGH LOOPS AND JUMP ON THINGS

the_eternal_dark
December 30th, 2006, 01:46
indicators of commonsense
loyalty
no more self-jynxing
and an honest to God effort..

Sounds like Sony could follow that as well, but that's another story to get into....

MrTeressaBond
January 2nd, 2007, 05:31
Sony themselves are hard to teach them a lesson.

i find it very hard to see a Playstation 4 due to what they have brang ut now in the market. its not fun anymore as well.

and 6 cores? may sound impressive but im not. thats just desperation.

i will stick to a new SEGA cnsole playing in high-defination, for those who have a HDTV, to make it worth while.

as well to upscale all of their games to High-Def to give it a better clarity.

also, i was thinking maybe i can get the developers of SSF or Yabuse, and of course those who emulated MegaDrive and GameGear applications to help how can the console play them.

zidanerick
January 2nd, 2007, 07:02
Wouldnt it be cool if they released the Dreamcast now :D, it would only need a dvd drive and a slightly better gfx and it would be a worthy contender in the current gen of gaming.

Zion
January 3rd, 2007, 01:08
I would like to see Sega make a Sonic title that doesn't involve a clichéd anime style storyline involving 50 variants of Sonic where he just changes colour because of magical emeralds

JUST MAKE HIM RUN THROUGH LOOPS AND JUMP ON THINGS

exactly! sonic really needs to get back to basics, the voiceovers and new characters are terrible.

just put it back to sonic , tails and knuckles :thumbup:

and forget the rest of the new bull they have added

baracki96
January 3rd, 2007, 01:18
ya, would definitely like to see a next-gen Sega system, genesis and dreamcast were works of art. Have to wonder what disk format they would use though.

the_eternal_dark
January 3rd, 2007, 06:33
ya, would definitely like to see a next-gen Sega system, genesis and dreamcast were works of art. Have to wonder what disk format they would use though.

Proprietary DVD style media. No brainer!

wolfpack
January 4th, 2007, 01:37
i personally think Sega will rise again, it might be a while but maybe theyll come back from their hole and surprise us with something very delightful

MrTeressaBond
January 10th, 2007, 23:19
hey everyone, im back here from holiday!

now i can really start discussing properly.

anyone?

the_eternal_dark
January 11th, 2007, 01:19
hey everyone, im back here from holiday!

now i can really start discussing properly.

anyone?

Yes, please. I'll be happy to discuss as well.

JKKDARK
January 11th, 2007, 01:34

and the master system wasn't a work of art? It was the second most succesful console from the third generation (the NES was first). And their biggest success was in Europe and Brazil (Nintendo dominated 90% in north america and japan)

the_eternal_dark
January 11th, 2007, 02:05
and the master system wasn't a work of art? It was the second most succesful console from the third generation (the NES was first). And their biggest success was in Europe and Brazil (Nintendo dominated 90% in north america and japan)

He possibly didn't use one or just liked the Genesis and DC better. Also, what about the Saturn? Possibly one of the most underrated Sega systems out there.

JKKDARK
January 11th, 2007, 02:15
He possibly didn't use one or just liked the Genesis and DC better. Also, what about the Saturn? Possibly one of the most underrated Sega systems out there.

a commercial failure in America and Europe, something like the Dreamcast but with shorter life in Japan. Sadly when Sega decided that they will not support Saturn after '98 in america and europe, many great games were cancelled, like Sonic X-treme and lunar silver star story :(
I'm probably one of the few (very few) Saturn fans in my city :rolleyes:

the_eternal_dark
January 11th, 2007, 02:29
a commercial failure in America and Europe, something like the Dreamcast but with shorter life in Japan. Sadly when Sega decided that they will not support Saturn after '98 in america and europe, many great games were cancelled, like Sonic X-treme and lunar silver star story :(
I'm probably one of the few (very few) Saturn fans in my city :rolleyes:

That's too bad too, I mean games like Nights were amazing, the controllers were simply perfect, and all the arcade style fighters one could possibly stand for that generation.

I'm one of the few people here to still own a Saturn...:D

MrTeressaBond
January 11th, 2007, 18:53
wasnt Sonic X-treme the game going to get remade by the original creator of hte game?

the_eternal_dark
January 12th, 2007, 05:41
wasnt Sonic X-treme the game going to get remade by the original creator of hte game?

Yeah, I believe so. We may never know unless Sega decides to tell us...

JKKDARK
January 12th, 2007, 05:51

yeah, a remake for PC. Check wikipedia for this game and you will see the link to the official site of the director, also there's a forum (who is making this game).

MrTeressaBond
January 12th, 2007, 13:56
well, i know about htis already, but wsa double checking.

anyways if so, this woul be the perfect game for a new SEGA console, and would take full advantage of its specs as well.

who else thinks?

MrTeressaBond
January 14th, 2007, 23:26
also, i would think the price of the new SEGA console should not be as close aywhere to how the PS3 is priced, and should be very affordable.

this way, it can gain alot of attention to people ad knowing its powerful specs as well, and t put it in markets they havent tried yet, like South Korea i assume? not sure but i dont think alot has got their from SEGA in the previous years.

the_eternal_dark
January 15th, 2007, 09:11
well, i know about htis already, but wsa double checking.

anyways if so, this woul be the perfect game for a new SEGA console, and would take full advantage of its specs as well.

who else thinks?

I think it would be pretty good, but what about a follow up to Shenmue or Rez or a newer, better Powerstone game? More launch titles, more popularity.

also, i would think the price of the new SEGA console should not be as close aywhere to how the PS3 is priced, and should be very affordable.

this way, it can gain alot of attention to people ad knowing its powerful specs as well, and t put it in markets they havent tried yet, like South Korea i assume? not sure but i dont think alot has got their from SEGA in the previous years.

I believe the new console would probably be between the Wii and premium 360, but with an insane launch library and readily available complete backwards compatibility from the start, no waiting for games to be ported or released when said console company decided on it, bah, waiting sucks.

*I win the longest sentence of the day award.*

MrTeressaBond
January 16th, 2007, 06:42
i agree, everything or almost evrything has to be ready once it comes out, then the upgrades come later.

though alot of preparation will have to come i hand.

by the way, with all these replies from new and same people, dont u think its about time we got started on something?

the_eternal_dark
January 16th, 2007, 13:18
i agree, everything or almost evrything has to be ready once it comes out, then the upgrades come later.

though alot of preparation will have to come i hand.

by the way, with all these replies from new and same people, dont u think its about time we got started on something?

Like a petition or an attempt to buy out the Sega name so that we can design a new console?:D

If Sega would only listen to us....

MrTeressaBond
January 17th, 2007, 08:42
well more in the terms of starting something that htey dont intend to do yet.

and go to htem for an interview or an appointment and bring all our people to us and demostrate what we have created as we would like to see in a new SEGA console and convince them htat they are very much loved and would urge them to come back, but wiht old and new tacks in mind.

thats wat i have been mentioning much earlier in this thread, as i would like to make a new SEGA console but would i need their permission or something? especialluy if i would like to emulate their revious consoles and games?

the_eternal_dark
January 18th, 2007, 08:09
well more in the terms of starting something that htey dont intend to do yet.

and go to htem for an interview or an appointment and bring all our people to us and demostrate what we have created as we would like to see in a new SEGA console and convince them htat they are very much loved and would urge them to come back, but wiht old and new tacks in mind.

thats wat i have been mentioning much earlier in this thread, as i would like to make a new SEGA console but would i need their permission or something? especialluy if i would like to emulate their revious consoles and games?

You wouldn't need permission if you weren't intending to sell it without their permission. I'd say a demo design would be suitable enough to entice them into listening to their biggest fans about what they want to see and what would work for everyone. Cost of production for a demo unit is my main worry if this was to be carried out.

MrTeressaBond
January 18th, 2007, 11:51
well i thikwe should all come together and start planning, and all fly to Japan Econemy class and have an appointment with them.

what i planned, is to use computer parts to demostrate how we would like the power of the new SEGA to be like.

as well as programming it with a BIOS and menus.

also, not to forget to mention, to emulate previous SEGA games from consoles, including cartridges. it will include all the upscaling to HighDefination 1080p for those who are rich.

and it will be a great console to those who have old SEGA games and can finally play it in better quality or in an arcade style way.

the console will force the game to be either selected to be played in 50Hz or 60Hz to be chosen by the user.

also, mentioning emulating their previous games, it will also improve it, by upscaling as mentioned, resizing the resolution, either trilinear or Bilinear filters, Anti-aliasing to the max, 7.1 channel, and because it will be a powerful console at low power, it should not have a problem emulating games that were made from Sega Saturn as it can emulate all 8 CPUs with no problem and all games shall be played smoothly with absolutely no drop in frames in complex graphic parts of games. this would help something like Sega Rally 2, where it was ported from hte arcade, but to have some frames dropped in places i heard.

and because the operating system cant be Microsoft anymore due to hteir PC-Console Xbox, another plan will have to come in.

also, coming to the technical side, what chips should they use? are they clever enough to delveope their own? or will they go back to the SH series? and to graphics, they did have a relationship with NVidia, but i dont know if htats going. maybe back to the PowerVRs? i dont think so. and certainly not ATI. going back to CPUs, certainly not AMD but why does Intel come in mind? maybe they can create a custom processor for SEGA perhaps? not usable on PCs as well.

and because of all of this, it would indeed be a hard console to emulate and thus their would need to, this would certainly kill all emulators as it wil perform so much better and wouldnt be a need for them either as this console will be affordable. and the factthis console will improve games, unlike that an emulator can do that for all games at once too.

MrTeressaBond
January 22nd, 2007, 15:56
hey, u know u can respond to this, i didnt intend for it to this was my dream of th console, what do you lot think? or do you have ay other ideas u like to add or anything at all?

the_eternal_dark
January 22nd, 2007, 21:53
hey, u know u can respond to this, i didnt intend for it to this was my dream of th console, what do you lot think? or do you have ay other ideas u like to add or anything at all?

Sorry, I've been out of town (on vacation).

Your plans on building a demo unit would be fun, but costly and time consuming. I'm interested to see where this can go.

What happens if Sega doesn't want a console? Would this be turned into a homebrew console? or something else?

MrTeressaBond
January 23rd, 2007, 20:32
well, we would have to give them the best demostration ever, and this will include speaking technically as well, and would liek to give the a long big fat list of people's names who would like them to come back, as they are a very powerful compay now, and we lot can advice them what should be done and that.

they can bring back the Sega Saturn suma guy for a new advert, and to see he has been revived.

if this doesnt work out, the console can be used to emaulate all consoles. :D

what do u lot think?

the_eternal_dark
January 23rd, 2007, 20:38
well, we would have to give them the best demostration ever, and this will include speaking technically as well, and would liek to give the a long big fat list of people's names who would like them to come back, as they are a very powerful compay now, and we lot can advice them what should be done and that.

It could work. All they would need is projected numbers for each region. Also, something to implement, region free. A true global launch would also be nice, midnight in Japan, midnight in the US, midnight in the UK, midnight in Australia, midnight everywhere!

Their power would make it work. Armored Core 4 is coming, and we still have room for #5 and follow ups to all out favorite games.

they can bring back the Sega Saturn suma guy for a new advert, and to see he has been revived.

if this doesnt work out, the console can be used to emaulate all consoles. :D

Where did he go, btw?

I hope it goes as far as getting to Sega and them actually hearing all of us out.

MrTeressaBond
January 23rd, 2007, 22:24
very good. and soon.

anyone else pleaseeeeeeeee??????

Apoklepz
January 23rd, 2007, 22:28
They should team up with SNK and bring back the 2D goodness!!! At least I can still dream...

...Maybe call their next console "Illusion" or something like that...Not joking.

MrTeressaBond
January 24th, 2007, 00:49
i see...

do u think i should start a new thread, dedicated on bringing back SEGA with alots of plans and developements?

like designs, ideas and budget perhaps?

anyone interested?

the_eternal_dark
January 24th, 2007, 02:43
i see...

do u think i should start a new thread, dedicated on bringing back SEGA with alots of plans and developements?

like designs, ideas and budget perhaps?

anyone interested?

That's be great. I'll help out with it as well. :thumbup:

MrTeressaBond
January 24th, 2007, 16:17
excellent.

anyone else would like to say something?

Apoklepz
January 24th, 2007, 16:22
Yeah, a new NIGHTS game would be very inspiring....I'd probably die of a heart attack at my young age.

the_eternal_dark
January 24th, 2007, 22:39
Yeah, a new NIGHTS game would be very inspiring....I'd probably die of a heart attack at my young age.

Me too. Rez 2, another heart attack.

MrTeressaBond
January 25th, 2007, 09:56
i know this may seem random, but maybe they could release Resident Evil 1.5? they could get a good agreement with Capcom there.

JKKDARK
January 25th, 2007, 15:29
i know this may seem random, but maybe they could release Resident Evil 1.5? they could get a good agreement with Capcom there.

No. There were a lot of petitions for this 'beta' before, and Capcom don't want it.

VampDude
January 25th, 2007, 17:15
Sega are lame thesedays, I don't think I want them to comeback into the console market anymore...

...purely because they've sold themselves out, no game would ever be a "Sega EXCLUSIVE" they would port it to other consoles even thou they had their own!

JKKDARK
January 25th, 2007, 17:28
No, being in the console market, they will not support other machines from the competition.

VampDude
January 25th, 2007, 17:35
No, being in the console market, they will not support other machines from the competition.

whynot? they will make more money by making games for other consoles as well as their own!

MrTeressaBond
January 26th, 2007, 14:55
woah, i was about to say something to VampDude, but he seems to have been banned. i wonder why.

a market wihtout SEGA would mean the end of the gaming industry, SEGA and Nintendo where the true hearts of the industry, and having SEGA come back will only fulfill everyone's dream with relieve and suprises as well.

if we were or i to build a concept console, i do not mind about price, cause we will cut corners first. for example, processing power, we can jsut get a Pentium D, and overclock to the max, cause this will anyways be enough (or not) to emulate Sega Saturn and to do alot of processed like upscaling and filterings of all kinds.

correct me if i am wrong on this. and not to forget to mention eBay is my friend.

the_eternal_dark
January 28th, 2007, 23:49
Lol, looks like for a while too..

You're right and ebay is great, but so is tigerdirect.com.

MrTeressaBond
January 29th, 2007, 09:27
yeah.

how about anyone else here?

do you lot have any ideas aswell may i ask? we would really appreciate them here, as well as willing programmers to help emulate the console.

the_eternal_dark
January 29th, 2007, 17:23
I think the 2 biggest problems would be the Saturn and Dreamcast, and that would only be the game compatibility.

MrTeressaBond
January 30th, 2007, 13:18
well thats where tghe power of the console comes in. to do something which many had wished for it to do.

as i have mentioned many times, Saturn is a very complex console and thats why it is difficult for it emulate. and knowing the power of this console and with programmers who wish to have that kind of power only dedicated for playing games, this is the oppunity and dream, thus i am sure it will work.

need potential volenteers, if i have enough people coming here to agree.

anyone?

the_eternal_dark
January 31st, 2007, 09:48
Unfortunately, my coding is pretty much nill for the time being.....

danw2k4
February 2nd, 2007, 03:32
the dreamcast was a brilliant console, ****ing sony *******s.

MrTeressaBond
February 7th, 2007, 17:22
hey everyone! sorry for hte lat reply.

before i go on, i have discovered somehting!

apprantly, Nintendo will offer Sega Mega Drive/Genesis games to be emulated on the Wii home console. These games will be available along with other systems' titles under the Wii's Virtual Console.

is that actually happening? its been said in Wikipedia wen i read it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Mega_Drive/Sega_Genesis#Resurgent_popularity

also, doesnt that kinda destroy my idea of the perfect Sega console?

JKKDARK
February 7th, 2007, 17:34
hey everyone! sorry for hte lat reply.

before i go on, i have discovered somehting!

apprantly, Nintendo will offer Sega Mega Drive/Genesis games to be emulated on the Wii home console. These games will be available along with other systems' titles under the Wii's Virtual Console.

is that actually happening? its been said in Wikipedia wen i read it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Mega_Drive/Sega_Genesis#Resurgent_popularity

also, doesnt that kinda destroy my idea of the perfect Sega console?

we already know it. There are genesis games already on the Virtual Console.

MrTeressaBond
February 7th, 2007, 17:37
nooooo....

does that ruin everything? or is it still possible for Sega to have a console that will emulate all their games? of course with the help of us.

?

the_eternal_dark
February 7th, 2007, 23:22
nooooo....

does that ruin everything? or is it still possible for Sega to have a console that will emulate all their games? of course with the help of us.

?

Sega still owns those titles, Nintendo is paying a royalty to Sega and has payed for the rights to use (host) it on the virtual console. Nintendo doesn't own it, so Sega can still use those titles as they see fit.

MrTeressaBond
March 5th, 2007, 19:35
hey everyone, how are you all? hope you lot are doing fine and so. sorry for the late reply, i know it has been awhile.

i dont know if you lot heard, even though its been said a very long time, but really want to know more about it now, is about the discontinuation of GD-ROMs.

have they stopped it now or has this petition made them to continue making them?

gdf
March 5th, 2007, 21:37
i think it stops soon. btw that was one HELL of a late reply!

MrTeressaBond
March 5th, 2007, 22:02
yeah...i do apologize about that, especially a person who admires SEGA too much. i should be punished for that perhaps. but i dont see anyone replying themselves, amybe you?:D

anyways, its a pity that they are stopping it, its a great piece of technology that holds them alot of their latest games, what is the reason?

and to those who know about Nintendo bringing Goldeneye 007 to the Wii, do you think they should bring the remake (Goldeneye Source for online) to the new Sega console? making it solely just like the original with new and updated graphics?

MrTeressaBond
March 10th, 2007, 13:22
okay, i think its time now.

i like to say, what operating system should Sega use? another party's? or creating their own/

also, i would like to make this quite confidential, but who would like to come up with a few designs of the console, i already have the perfect one in mind and as some may see from my other post asking how to create models in 3DS Max from reference pictures, i was hopig to use that to create a 3D model of my desgin. but no replies.

and, who should Sega go up to for technical specifications.? Intel?

MrTeressaBond
March 16th, 2007, 12:44
anyone at all?

maybe Ecco the Dolphin II should make a release on the new console perhaps?

MrTeressaBond
April 13th, 2007, 23:44
hey everyone, sorry again for the late reply, i just read the greatest news for SEGA fans!

i dont know if i am late to know this, but again i would like to mention that around earlier this time, SEGA annoced that they will make a sequel to the fantastic game 'NiGHTS' to be called 'Nights Journey Of Dreams'.

now that must be the best thing ive heard from SEGA, and though it is made for the Wii, i think they just made another oppunity to make this a game for a new SEGA console.

what do you think? :D

gdf
April 14th, 2007, 01:18
yeah heard of this.
should be good when i get my wii. doubt sega will make a new console in the near future, purely because they are now a developer/publisher outright. they probably make more money developing for well selling consoles than making their own with manufacturing costs etc. plus the risk factor is removed.

maybe a new sega handheld?

game gear 2.

SnesR0X
April 14th, 2007, 02:41
no thanks, we don't need another failure right now :p

VampDude
April 14th, 2007, 05:20
yeah heard of this.
should be good when i get my wii. doubt sega will make a new console in the near future, purely because they are now a developer/publisher outright. they probably make more money developing for well selling consoles than making their own with manufacturing costs etc. plus the risk factor is removed.

maybe a new sega handheld?

game gear 2.

WTF??? NO!!!