PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 fighting talk begins

wraggster
December 4th, 2006, 15:49
The CGI TV ad is airing in the US today, but already developer Bungie has more to say about its massive 360 three-quel Halo 3, revealing that combat dialogue recording has just begun at its Kirkland HQ.

"We're recording combat dialog today," the update reads, revealing that the first Halo 3 dialogue recorded was by veteran covenant voice man Joe Staten, who voices the Grunts: "[Joe's] dialog today will of course be used in the final game and next week, we'll have a couple of other actors in to reprise roles. One of them is a huge fan favourite," the Bungie news man teases.

"Joe in fact just came back from a session, he's on a break, but his voice is already wrecked. I asked him to give me a sample line from the dialog but his favourite line was a grunt giving away something really big and secret about Campaign gameplay."

"His second favourite," the post continues, revealing that the Grunt's trademark humour will return, "was a Grunt yelling, 'Oh no! The Demon. No wait, he not have enough rivets on glove.'"

The update also spills the first word on one new weapon heading for the third Halo instalment, in addition to the already-divulged Spartan Laser and Brute Spiker: "Steve Scott, one of our amazing artists, showed me a new weapon today. No exaggeration to say that it is the single coolest graphical effect I have ever seen," the post reads, not under-promising in the slightest.

"He's busy trying to make the effect look cool from every angle - it looks amazing in third person, or even when it's in your face, but needs tuning in a first person view to look cooler, even though technically it looks the way it should. Sometimes artists have to exaggerate things to make them more obvious."

Could it be the illusive flamethrower chopped for both Halo and Halo 2? Hopefully we won't have long to find out...

Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=150330)