PDA

View Full Version : Devhook v0.51 released - PSP Firmware v3.01 Emulation Compatible

kersplatty
December 4th, 2006, 19:05
Booster has released a new version of Devhook with support for V3.01 firmware meaning all firmware is now covered by Devhook.

More Info via Translation Thanks Grimm

This is a driver and tool to run new FW versions on a FW 1.50 PSP.

A few known bugs from 0.50 have been fixed, but debugging is still not complete, and thus the software continues to be in a testing phase.

The degree of stability is still unknown. Please test it on your own and refer to different people's test reports.

Known Issues
-----------------------------

With the change to the API, previous version's launchers, vshex, etc. do not work.

vshex (the settings display on top of the XMB) occasionally has issues.

When a UMD game is launched from the XMD, the startup screen can sometimes hang.

There are times when you cannot return from a game to the XMB.

V0.50.0000 -> V0.51.0000 Changelog

Loading bugs from the memory stick have been fixed > The web browser and the rest of the XMB

Compatible with FW 3.01

The clock setting bug in FW >=2.80 has been fixed.

There's no need to replace audio.prx in FW >=2.80

It can coexist with DH 0.46

The launcher has been changed, scripting has been improved and it is compatible with mok's fbmprint system and multi language support.

Leaving DEVHOOK from the XMB has been reimplemented (still being worked on)

Regarding the execution of FW 2.82 (3.01,2.80,2.71)

As of ver.0.50.0000, the supported firmware's are only 2.71, 2.82, and 3.00.

1.50's No UMD mode has been removed, however other bits of code haven't yet been confirmed and still remain.

If you have a need for 1.50-2.60, I request that you try them individually and decide on whether and how they run. (translator's note: I could use some help on this sentence, it seems kind of weird...I guess the implication is that old firmware's may still be able to run, but are hit or miss because they aren't actively supported)

There is a slight risk associated with installing files to flash1, but this is highly recommended.

If files are not installed to flash1 on > FW 2.71, there's a risk that random files will be destroyed when certain actions are taken on the XMB. Depending on the crosslinking, unrelated files may be destroyed, so please be prepared for any file to be lost when using it.

You will know if files have been destroyed if you connect to a PC via USB and run checkdisk.

todo

Launcher menu scripting language
The scripting language is currently a fairly half-baked, simple language; I'd like to make it C-like.

Sorry for the slow and piecemeal translation. The todo list is the same as the last release, except that 3.01 is now supported.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu is only Interested in the UMD Aspects of this release, No ISO Discussion whatsoever

splodger15
December 4th, 2006, 20:01
Nice work booster

Emeriastone
December 4th, 2006, 20:03
Yeeeees!!! Triumph!!

the_eternal_dark
December 4th, 2006, 20:04
That was quick. Great job booster!

Veskgar
December 4th, 2006, 20:05
Yes, Yes, and HELL YEAH!

This almost certainly seals the deal for being able to play MGS: PO on a 1.50 PSP. I wonder how this will work with the SONY download service and PS1 emulation.

Awesome stuff Booster! I figured DevHook would come through for 3.0* firmware emulation, but to have it so soon after the firmware was just released is beyond spectacular.

ExcruciationX
December 4th, 2006, 20:06
AWESOME (Sorry for caps)! Great Job, Booster!

F9zDark
December 4th, 2006, 20:12
I think I'll wait until it becomes more stable and less problematic.

SnoopKatt
December 4th, 2006, 20:12
Great job booster :D

gilbert9
December 4th, 2006, 20:15
thanks man..great job..this works like a charm and still homebrew compartible...now am ready for some metal gear solid action..wan

mikebeaver
December 4th, 2006, 20:21
Super job booster, so much for 3.01's added security.
Congrats on a speedy bit of work.

evil homer
December 4th, 2006, 20:24
I have a couple of questions..
(a) does this include the features of 3.00 and 3.01? or does this just allow a user to play 3.00 and 3.01 games?

(b) do you still have to flash files?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Later,

Evil Homer

freitax
December 4th, 2006, 20:26
I skipped the flash step and I got a 2.71 core rebuild (making HBrew using 2.71core impossible), I'm on a 2.71 seC by the way, luckily the 1.50 core was left undamaged so I was able to reinstall the fw :)

sadrian5
December 4th, 2006, 20:28
Never had to ask for help in a forum (swollows pride) but I really need help on this one.
Having real problems getting this to work on 2.71SEC. I tried following the instructions for 0.50 down to the last letter including Flashing firmware files to Flash_01, and it never worked. Have since removed all files on Flash_01 through Devhook for a clean install of this bad boy. However, all instructions for this are ga$h. Any chance of someone posting a long winded tutorial on getting this to work on 2.71SEC? :thumbup:

PsychoSync
December 4th, 2006, 20:29
This is Great! Though i'll wait until it becomes more stable. Thanks Booster.

Cristyle
December 4th, 2006, 20:30
YEAH only few hours left till the MGS-PO release! Nuthin can stop da homebrew! yippiiiiii

shadowhawk22
December 4th, 2006, 20:33
Thanks for the great release, I am so appreciative that people are woking so hard on this stuff.

Reading the specifics of this release make it seems somewhat dangerous. Should we be worried about bricking our PSPs? Does the fact that I worry about this mean that I should just wait for a more stable release, and when should I expect that? Thanks a lot!

Raydar
December 4th, 2006, 20:35
Booster, you are the king of PSP homebrew. You and Dark_Alex have done more for the scene than anyone else - we should build a statue!

Emeriastone
December 4th, 2006, 20:35
Hey, has anyone gotten this to work? Where do we put the dectryped 3.01 DATA.PSAR files?

I put mine in the 3.01/F0 folder but my devhook just keeps insisting on crashing.

Plus there isn't an installation guide that's consistent with this BETA.

Keep me posted please!

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 20:44
wow 3.01 devhook great day but why do you have to flash files i dont like that one bit once this becomes more stable and i have a umd that needs 3.0 to work ill just wait but great work on this man great work

drivershigh
December 4th, 2006, 20:44
Awesome news, tho I'll wait a while, as I don't have any need for FW 3.00 yet. And I waited past 0.50, and look what came along a few days later!

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 20:45
OMFG WOW, when boosters back he's back I Didn't even get around to installing .50 yet and now this!!!

This is unbelivable so soon after his last release!!
I could really use a tutorial as well tho.

There I am posting in the nude guy selling PS3 thread and I somehow totally missed this lol.

St Booster, I salute ye.

Does it say that you only need to flash if using 2.71???
and what's does it mean by destroying files? just devhook files or flash???

dejkirkby
December 4th, 2006, 21:02
wow 3.01 devhook great day but why do you have to flash files i dont like that one bit once this becomes more stable and i have a umd that needs 3.0 to work ill just wait but great work on this man great work

Why not use the DevHook Hybrid for the time being then?

CaptainMorgan4
December 4th, 2006, 21:04
In Devhook .46 everything was cool no flashing, why in .50 and .51 there is flashing? I want to get 3.01 on my 1.5 PSP but I'm hesitant with this flashing stuff, can I brick it? Also will Booster be releasing a different version where you don't flash and still get 3.01 like .46 worked? I would like that but mainly I want to know WHY we have to flash now?

darthhaze420
December 4th, 2006, 21:06
all the games that have come out so far have worked on 0.46 so i will not use 0.51 yet i tried 0.50 ultimate installer and it did not work for me all it had on it was 2.80 dumper but no dev hook so i will wait till choas zero to come out with a new ultimate installer 1.5.2

Zephyroth_drgs
December 4th, 2006, 21:06
does anyone have already installed? this firmware can emulate psx? does it has the app?

xg917
December 4th, 2006, 21:07
my psp is ta-082 fw 2.71, i have hen C and devhook for 2.71 to emulate fw 1.50

i have a game that i need a higher fw to play... wut can i do?

archangel1024
December 4th, 2006, 21:08
now get it to run on 2.71 SE :-P

C4m
December 4th, 2006, 21:09
hello all!
hm, how does this work?
I am new to the psp but yea I'd like to use the hook too so I can play other homebrew games...
Unfortunately I cannot really read the readme, because it contains weird letters, like...

FW2.82 (FW3.01,FW2.80)
----------------------------------------------------------

1.copy "MS_ROOT/*" of devhook to "ms0:/"
 devhookの"MS_ROOT/*"を"ms0:/"にコピーする。

2.copy unpacked FW2.82 updater file to "ms0:/DATA.PSAR"
アンパックされたFW2.82アップデータを"ms0:/DATA.PSAR"にコピーする。

3.run "PSAR Dumer V2B(2.80 or 3.00)" and press cross button
"PSAR Dumer V2B(2.80 or 3.00)"を実行して、×ボタンを押す。

4.move "ms0:/F0/*.*" to "ms0:/dh/282/F0/*.*"
 "ms0:/F0/*.*"を"ms0:/dh/282/F0/*.*"に移動する。

5.run "DEVHOOK0.50 ENG launcher" from XMB.

6.if devhook files are installed to flash1 then uninstall it first.
 flash1にdevhookファイルがインストールされている場合は先にアンインストールする。

注意:flash1へインストールしない場合、FW2.71のregistryファイルをFW2.82の
    同フォルダにコピーし、項目7,10をパスします。
    ただし、flash1をインストールしない場合、XMBの特定動作でMS内のファイルが
    破損する重大な弊害が確認されています。

7.select "FLASH ROM" > "flash1: < ms0: install configfile" and press circle long.
 "FLASH ROM"の"flash1: < ms0: install configfile"を選び、○ボタンを長押しする。

8.select "FIRMWARE" > "FW2.82"
 "FIRMWARE" > "FW2.82"を選択する。

9.select "START" then reboot PSP.
 "START"を選択するとPSPをリブートする。

10.repare setting and reboot again.
 修復画面が表示されるので、修復して再起動する。

I use firmware 3.01 so that part of the readme would fit for me, but uhh, can someone explain me that please?

I tried to figure it myself, but the folder that are on my psp are not same as named in the readme.
here are mine:
MP_ROOT
MUSIC
PICTURE
PSP
VIDEO
and two more files
MEMSTICK.IND and MSTK_PRO.IND

so what do I put where now?

Help appreciated, I need this done till tomorrow, because I want to drive somewhere and take the psp with me! :)

Emeriastone
December 4th, 2006, 21:10
In Devhook .46 everything was cool no flashing, why in .50 and .51 there is flashing? I want to get 3.01 on my 1.5 PSP but I'm hesitant with this flashing stuff, can I brick it? Also will Booster be releasing a different version where you don't flash and still get 3.01 like .46 worked? I would like that but mainly I want to know WHY we have to flash now?

I has to do with how the newer firmwares check for something written to flash1 for verification on startup, I think. At least that's what I was told from Devhook .50 readme.

I was hesitant too, but I installed 2.82 and wrote to flash1 the first time and it's been fine after that.

Don't fear teh flash1 writing with new Devhook ppl. It's not such a bad thing. Quick and mostly harmless. I haven't heard of one person yet bricking because of this new devhook .50.

Also, anyone have this working with 3.01 yet? I'm still waiting to hear from anyone!

Mr.Denny
December 4th, 2006, 21:10
I`m having trouble guys. :(

I currently have Devhook .46 on my 1.5, what files should i copy and paste over?.

Because, like some of you may know, i`m a cabbage when it comes to these tutorials.

darthhaze420
December 4th, 2006, 21:11
C4M do you have fw 1.50 or 2.71 se-c

sadrian5
December 4th, 2006, 21:15
Anyone got this working on 2.71SEC? Tutorial?

C4m
December 4th, 2006, 21:16
hi darthhaze420
thanks for your fast reply!

Well in the system information on my psp it says version 3.01
the devhook is the package from here DH0510000.rar

did that help?

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 21:19
c4m this devhook emulates 3.01fw, i don't think you can use it if you have 3.01fw, you need 1.5 or 2.71se. sorry dude, too bad, you should'nt have updated.

kidSN
December 4th, 2006, 21:21
yO THankS BOOSTER!! fw3.01 works perfectly..Cant wait to get my PS3 n try the remote play..damn u $Ony for stoping improts ..grr
BOOSTER! yay..

darthhaze420
December 4th, 2006, 21:21
if you have 3.01 you can not use dev hook or any homebrew you will have to wait till a downgrader comes out and for 3.01 i think you will be waiting some time do try to use dev hook or any homebrew that uses the flash memory you can brick ur psp

C4m
December 4th, 2006, 21:23
hm, but isnt this package for firmware 3.01 or did I just read wrong?

Emeriastone
December 4th, 2006, 21:25
I`m having trouble guys. :(

I currently have Devhook .46 on my 1.5, what files should i copy and paste over?.

Because, like some of you may know, i`m a cabbage when it comes to these tutorials.

Mr. Denny, I would start over from scratch when installing this devhook, that's what i did.

THIS IS FOR Devhook .50, and not .51!

However, backup your files, the MS_ROOT/dh folders and the folders under PSP/GAME before you do it so if you want to go back to it you can certainly always do it.

Also, I've not yet gotten this version, .51 to work! only.50, and I run 2.82 without effort.

As well, if you emulate 2.82, then you don't really need anything below it. So, with that in mind:

1. Download firmware update 2.71

2. Download firmware update 2.82

3. Download Noobz PSAR Dumper and dump both of the DATA.PSAR files you extract from these two eboot files.

4. Then copy the MS_ROOT/dh and PSP/GAME folders of the new devhook, .50 to the respected memory stick locations.

then copy the dumped 2.82 DATA.PSAR (now they appear as a folder called "F0" on the root of your memory stick) files to here as shown:

"ms0:/F0/(HERE)" to "ms0:/dh/282/F0/(HERE)"

5. You will need to copy the audio.prx file from the dumped 2.71 DATA.PSAR to the same location in the dh/2.82 folder (so you will have sound :) ).

6. Then when you run devhook for the first time you have to go to:

FLASH ROM

then

flash1: < ms0: install configfile

this will write to flash1, so plug in your AC cable,
and it won't take long, maybe 5 seconds and then you can launch devhook .50 fw version 2.82!

blackrave
This is just amazing! Booster has done it again, now we have access to emulate all firmwares.

I guess it won't be long before Sony comes out with 3.02 with "revisions to strengthen security", but if they are to release a new firmware, I kind of hope they will add lots of cool new features, so when someone hacks it (which I'm 100% sure they will), we will get even more awesome stuff.

Now on to emulating 3.01! Thanks so much for all you do, Booster! :)

sadrian5
Does this work with 2.71SEC? Had no luck so far.

darthhaze420
December 4th, 2006, 21:26
it is made to emulate 3.01 on a psp with fw 1.50 or custom fw 2.71 se-c it does not work on a psp that has fw 2.80-3.01

-=me=-
December 4th, 2006, 21:27
OMG sweet
lol

CaptainMorgan4
December 4th, 2006, 21:28
Thanks Emeriastone for clearing that up, okay then I want to try and put this new devhook. Is this the FULL package like do I have to download anything else, I can't read the read me it's all messed up. It looks like the one posted above so it doesn't really make sense. When someone can please throw up a tutorial, also why doesn't this one come with the "devhook" & "%devhook" folders?

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 21:28
C4m, it's so people who have 1.5 or 2.71se can use the features of 3.01 without updating and losing all the homebrew goodness:)

with 3.01 you can't use homebrew but it's not the end of the world, new exploits are contstantly being discovered in new fw's and it shouldn't take too long for either a downgrader (so you can go back to 1.5 or 2.71) or a new eloader (homebrew loader) to come out.

These exploits are coming out fast these day's, it's getting hard to keep up :)

@kidSN, you're the first to post here who has this up and running, any chance you could post a Tutorial?? lots of people would appreicate it, including me :) thanks.

Roache
December 4th, 2006, 21:31
i must say dev hook is a million dollar idea
ive got a 3.01 psp on my 1.50 psp it only took 10 mins to setup and test !!
to bad the new motherboards cant join the fun, sooner oer later they will beable to.
now im waiting for my ps3 to get a taste of those ps1 games

Emeriastone
December 4th, 2006, 21:33
Thanks Emeriastone for clearing that up, okay then I want to try and put this new devhook. Is this the FULL package like do I have to download anything else, I can't read the read me it's all messed up. It looks like the one posted above so it doesn't really make sense. When someone can please throw up a tutorial, also why doesn't this one come with the "devhook" & "%devhook" folders?

You will need:

Firmware 2.71 eboot.pbp

Firmware 2.82 eboot.pbp

PSPPet's PSARDumper, from Noobz

Devhook version .50 (for 2.82, I haven't gotten .51 to emulate 3.01 yet :( ).

People keep in mind that .51 is ONLY a BETA. Support is not full yet as it was for devhook .50.

-=me=-
December 4th, 2006, 21:34
i want to emulate 2.6 for the LCS cheat device, but this devhook can't do that. any ideas to help me out?

thefanaticgamer
December 4th, 2006, 21:36
so has anyone gotten this to work on 2.71 se B"?

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 21:38
-=me=- It's say's in the first post that you can have both .50 and .46 on yer memcard at the same time.
For 2.6 just use .46 to emulate.

x-zero
December 4th, 2006, 21:40
I dont know how to thank you Booter but ill tell you what am able to keep my 1.50 psp and emulate 3.01.:thumbup:

NeoXCS
December 4th, 2006, 21:42
Thank you so much Booster! You are an amazing coder and a very valued member of our PSP homebrew community! :D Good luck on future releases! Long live homebrew! ;)

porchemasi
December 4th, 2006, 21:45
uhh installation help??

tophead420
December 4th, 2006, 21:48
Why not use the DevHook Hybrid for the time being then?
i am using that but dont know if you knew this or not but it doesnt have support for 3.00 umds all its really any good for is the camera (which i do not own) and the visualizer i was just wondering why files needed to be flashed

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 21:49
browser ****ed up and I accidentally double posted, sorry mods it's this damn dial up!!!!

will somebody post a tutorial please?!?!?!

blackrave
December 4th, 2006, 21:50
It has something to do with that firmwares from 2.80 load some files from flash1 at boot, I think, that can only be read from there.

ukbigdave
December 4th, 2006, 21:53
yeh this might sound really dumb, but i have the 3.01 eboot, what program/how do i extract the data.psar from it?

vanle
December 4th, 2006, 21:54
Booosterrr!!! Nice

Endless-rain
December 4th, 2006, 21:57
any way to get it working on SE-C?

blackrave
December 4th, 2006, 22:00
yeh this might sound really dumb, but i have the 3.01 eboot, what program/how do i extract the data.psar from it?

You can use Psardumper 3.00 extract mod to extract all firmwares up to 3.01. Just remember to first extract the data.psar file to the root of the memory card using PSPBrew or PBP Unpacker.

any way to get it working on SE-C?

It is working on SE-C. Just use the same steps except that you put the folders from GAME to GAME150 (unless you have changed these settings).

240-185
December 4th, 2006, 22:01
This firmware 3.01 is very "nice".
All I get is a black screen.

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 22:04

I think there are a few programs you can use, I've used PSPbrew for the earlier devhooks but can't confirm it works with 3.01 as i'm still downloading that update.

I'm searching for the PSAR decrypter now, I think I saw it on QJ (don't worry, i'm not a member there:) ) when .50 came out.

muffinman
December 4th, 2006, 22:07
to decrypt 3.01 you need psardumper_300

i've attached it to this post for yopu guys without it

C4m
December 4th, 2006, 22:09
hallo again,
well it was my fault I patched to latest firmware then... =(
however, I have to wait now I guess...

another thing, how can I increase the RAM of the psp?
the thing is, when I join flash based websites, the psp runs out of memory and cannot display them somehow, what can I do about it?
I tried switching the memory stick with another bigger one, but that didnt helped so far...

Tonx_9
December 4th, 2006, 22:12
nice but im gonna wait till its more perfect and stable lol. and do you have to download the version 3.01 update or sumfink??

sadrian5
December 4th, 2006, 22:12
Will someone please post a GOOD tutorial on how to get this running on 2.71SEC. I've tried several tutorials and they just don't work.

CaptainMorgan4
December 4th, 2006, 22:13
Can someone please post a tutorial to getting this working for a 1.5 PSP?

labowl
December 4th, 2006, 22:14
This one to say is a beta version works much better than 0.50. Everything works, internet, photos, music. I dont know about camera because i dont have one. Im wondering if we can know crack the psx emulator so we can use our own games. Just found out that even exiting this devhook works.

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 22:16
hallo again,
well it was my fault I patched to latest firmware then... =(
however, I have to wait now I guess...

another thing, how can I increase the RAM of the psp?
the thing is, when I join flash based websites, the psp runs out of memory and cannot display them somehow, what can I do about it?
I tried switching the memory stick with another bigger one, but that didnt helped so far...

not possible unless you are a genius hardware modder, I haven't heard of anyone doing it yet.

@muffinman, I was about to post that link, you beat me to it :)

ugly dude
December 4th, 2006, 22:17
First of all, thank you Booster for all of your hard work. Secondly, what does this mean regarding the PSOne emulator. Have anybody tried the Offical PSOne emu, is there anyway to play PSone games without the PS3?

amadeus
December 4th, 2006, 22:17
Just not working for me.....
Everytime I start I get the black screen.
I've flashed to F1 etc but no go.

Giving up and going back to my cosy .46

thefanaticgamer
December 4th, 2006, 22:24
does this include the ps1 emu?

zx-81
December 4th, 2006, 22:25
Just not working for me.....
Everytime I start I get the black screen.
I've flashed to F1 etc but no go.

Giving up and going back to my cosy .46

same here, can't get it to work on 1.5 :( :(

labowl
December 4th, 2006, 22:25
First of all, thank you Booster for all of your hard work. Secondly, what does this mean regarding the PSOne emulator. Have anybody tried the Offical PSOne emu, is there anyway to play PSone games without the PS3?

I wish i could try but sadly ps3 isn't out in the UK :mad: . I reckon it wont be long before someone has cracked it so we can play our own games.

sadrian5
December 4th, 2006, 22:26
Installed in 2.71SEC (booting in 1.50 Kernel - Game150 Folder), written to Flash_01 and everything. Black screen everytime. A little help here anyone.....?

240-185
December 4th, 2006, 22:28
same here, can't get it to work on 1.5 :( :(

We are at least three.
I downgraded from 2.71SEC to 1.5 for nothing :/

kiariki
December 4th, 2006, 22:29
Just what exactly is this for? It emulates the 3.0 PSP firmware? allowing 1.50 users to use 3.0 software on their 1.50 PSP?

And while you're at it (whoever's willing to explain), also tell me if this is anything like a UMD loader and explain that one to me too.

I've been loathe to upgrade my PSP but I'm afraid I won't be able to play Crisis Core when it comes out because of this! Stupid Sony... >_>

On The Rise
December 4th, 2006, 22:30
This is a step by step guide for installing the new Devhook 0.51 along with 3.01 firmware.

1. Remove all previous devhook files from your memory stick.

2. Copy the devhook 0.51 package to the root of your memory stick. This would be ms0:/ and the three folders should be "dh", "PSP" and "fbm".

3. Download the 3.01 update.

4. Get PSARDumper.

5. Extract the DATA.PSAR from the 3.01 update you've downloaded with a program such as PBP Unpacker or PSP BREW. Once thats done, copy the DATA.PSAR over to the root of your memory stick.

6. Run PSARDumper on your PSP, once its loaded up press X to dump a sigchecked 3.01. Once its done your PSP will return to the main menu.

7. Open up your memory stick, you will now see that there is an "F0" folder in the root. Move that to the "301" folder inside of "dh".

8. Launch up devhook and go to "FLASH ROM" settings, choose install dh to flash1. DO NOT touch any of the other settings unless you know what you're doing. Please note that if you used a previous devhook version that installed to flash1, you should use the "uninstall DH files from flash1" option before doing this.

9. Finally, choose "FIRMWARE" from the devhook menu and pick 3.01. Now start devhook and you should be good to go!

CaptainMorgan4
December 4th, 2006, 22:30
Okay I went into the FULL Package Devhook .50 thread and now I got the 2.82 running on my 1.5. But how do I update it to .51 to get 3.01 working?

240-185
December 4th, 2006, 22:34
Note to amadeus and zx-81:
I'm trying to redecrypt the firmware by pressing *CROSS*, not *SQUARE*

Jonesyxxiv
Installed in 2.71SEC (booting in 1.50 Kernel - Game150 Folder), written to Flash_01 and everything. Black screen everytime. A little help here anyone.....?

Same with me a black screen then a crash

-=me=-
thank On the rise, very helpful

sadrian5
I was just contemplating downgrading in Revcovery from 2.71SEC to 1.50 glad I haven't now.
Looks like the experts can get this working, but no one is interested in releasing a tutorial detailing how to get this working on 2.71SEC. Same with 0.50 release, even the Ultimate Installer did not work for me.
Can anyone explain why I am getting the Black Screen everytime I try to boot this?
Feeling a bout of PSP Rage coming on.
Would the experts out there please write a detailed guide to getting this working. Please.......................

On The Rise
December 4th, 2006, 22:35
thank On the rise, very helpful

no problem just trying to help people out.

jak66
December 4th, 2006, 22:40
well, i managed to get it working, yay for me, but its probably cause i used an installer at a less legal site than Dcemu

P.S. im on 2.71 SE-C

Broadus
December 4th, 2006, 22:42
Yeah, I can't get 3.01 working... Though I got 2.71 working! I like the new options, and how everything can easily be accessed by pressing the Home button in the XMB.
People keep whining about "I'm not going to use it until it's more stable." Boohoo. I ran 2.71 without any problems, and the new options (like the ability to easily go back to 1.5) are real nice.
Though I'd still like to emulate 3.01... I did all of the proper stuff, but it just isn't working.

labowl
December 4th, 2006, 22:46

Your supposed to press x.

blackrave
December 4th, 2006, 22:47
I got the XMB itself working partially. I can listen to the music, watch videos and such, but when I try to access System settings and WiFi stuff, I get a blue screen.. I'll try to solve it by adding some files to the f0 folder.

zx-81
December 4th, 2006, 22:47

I don't know what i've done, but it works now fine for me :p

Jonesyxxiv
December 4th, 2006, 22:48
I got it working. Before I was getting the Black screen. What I did before was I decrepted all the files with the PSAR decryptor instead of hitting X(stupid mistake). So if your getting a black screen and a crash try redecrypting the PSAR. I hope that helps.

CaptainMorgan4
December 4th, 2006, 22:51
Thanks alot "On the Rise" I got 3.01 working on my 1.5 PSP!

Jonesyxxiv
December 4th, 2006, 22:54
Why does Socom 2 still ask me to update when I go online?

Edit:nvm thats not a firmware update.

Emeriastone
December 4th, 2006, 22:55
NOTE: I've gotten this working, though I discovered it requires removing all past versions of device hook before installing this one.

Here is a tutorial that I found that is EXTREMELY SIMPLE and HELPFUL.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=295

December 4th, 2006, 23:00
Good job booster!!

Jonesyxxiv
December 4th, 2006, 23:01
NOTE: I've gotten this working, though I discovered it requires removing all past versions of device hook before installing this one.

On 2.71 SE I have this devhook in GAME150 and the one that uses 2.71 flash in GAME. Both work fine.

Sharkey
December 4th, 2006, 23:03
The links I found for the installer are broke, anyone have a good link? I'm too lazy to do it manually, lol. Thanks.

Emeriastone
December 4th, 2006, 23:04
On 2.71 SE I have this devhook in GAME150 and the one that uses 2.71 flash in GAME. Both work fine.

Sorry, I should have clarified -- if you have a 1.5 and had problems getting this to work, then use this tutorial.

Thx Jonesyxxiv

thefanaticgamer
December 4th, 2006, 23:04
how long does it take for it to write to flash1???????????/ mine just stopped doinganthything and im afraid to touch it

zx-81
December 4th, 2006, 23:06
few seconds ... And it writes all steps on the screen ...

thefanaticgamer
December 4th, 2006, 23:12
hey it finished.... and it works!!!!

CaptainMorgan4
December 4th, 2006, 23:16
Hey all my internet settings got defaulted so can someone tell me the best settings again. Like don't use a proxy and what's the cache size again, none? I just forget the settings can someone tell me the best settings again?

jools
December 4th, 2006, 23:16
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: awesome:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I got 3.01 working fine but ive not tested isos yet...

Edit: they don't work

ShuzzleBuzzle
December 4th, 2006, 23:18
Good Work Booster !!1!

Basil Zero
December 4th, 2006, 23:28
Awesome job booster

but isnt there a way to create those files without flashing into flash1?

Endless-rain
December 4th, 2006, 23:28
Confirmed working. Thanks for the help guys.

And of course, Booster :)

DPyro
December 4th, 2006, 23:34
So this flashes to your PSP?

DarthPaul
December 4th, 2006, 23:35
thanks again booster!!!

Emeriastone
December 4th, 2006, 23:36
So this flashes to your PSP?

Yeah, but only to flash1

so it's not such a big deal and it's a tiny flash

takes about 4 seconds.

SmashinGit
December 4th, 2006, 23:38
Unfortunately theres no seperate app for the PS1 emulator. Once you've downloaded a game from the PS3 online store it goes into your game folder and you run it like you do your homebrew.

Emeriastone
December 4th, 2006, 23:44
Unfortunately theres no seperate app for the PS1 emulator. Once you've downloaded a game from the PS3 online store it goes into your game folder and you run it like you do your homebrew.

Is it possible for it to be moved?

Auriman1
December 4th, 2006, 23:44
It's amazing the 3.01 devhook came so quickly, even if there are some minor bugs. Keep up the good work, Booster!

blackrave
December 4th, 2006, 23:48
I got it working perfectly, probably using the same installer as jak66.
If you get a blue screen the first time, just restart your PSP, flash again, and then try starting 3.01 emulation. That happened to me.

Abgoj
December 4th, 2006, 23:51
how do u check whats written to your psp's flash 0 and flash 1. and how can u remove certain things that r on there?

Xiofire
December 4th, 2006, 23:53
My .CSO file of Sonic Rivals booted with no problems through this.
Great work Booster!

EDIT: Save games come up corrupted when they arnt. :(

blackrave
December 4th, 2006, 23:54
how do u check whats written to your psp's flash 0 and flash 1. and how can u remove certain things that r on there?

I think PSP Filer let's you check through your flash0 and flash1 and copy or delete files.

To delete the DH files in flash1, you can use DH itself and go to FLASH ROM, and then "uninstall flash1" or something.

Anger
December 4th, 2006, 23:56
If files are not installed to flash1 on > FW 2.71, there's a risk that random files will be destroyed when certain actions are taken on the XMB. Depending on the crosslinking, unrelated files may be destroyed, so please be prepared for any file to be lost when using it.i REALLY dont like the sound of that.

SmashinGit
December 4th, 2006, 23:56
Is it possible for it to be moved?

Apperantly the PS3 allows you to download the game you purchase from their store 5 times but it also comes with a certificate of somekind which has to go onto your psp which will not allow it to play on more than one Psp. The good news is that these PS1 games do run on Devhook.

ppo
December 4th, 2006, 23:59
dosen't work on my 2.71se-b'' PSP. I just crashes

Abgoj
December 5th, 2006, 00:00
Thanks a lot blackrave :)

classicgmr
December 5th, 2006, 00:00

:thumbup: This worked perfectly for me and took about 10 minutes(I went slowly to be sure I followed all steps properly).:thumbup:

I have one question though... how do I exit the 3.01 emulation and return to 1.5? Do I have to cold boot the PSP every time for now?

XxunknowxX
December 5th, 2006, 00:01
OMG YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

OMG im so very sorry about this im just so excited it worked i never got .50 working im so happy this one did work thank you booster your my hero u save me alot thanks man

DPyro
December 5th, 2006, 00:10
Works flawlessly for me, no errors or anything :)

DPyro
December 5th, 2006, 00:12
:thumbup: This worked perfectly for me and took about 10 minutes(I went slowly to be sure I followed all steps properly).:thumbup:

I have one question though... how do I exit the 3.01 emulation and return to 1.5? Do I have to cold boot the PSP every time for now?

Press HOME button in the XMB and a menu comes up :)

emuking
December 5th, 2006, 00:13
dear god its here yesssssssssssssssss!!! :D thanks booster than you so much

classicgmr
December 5th, 2006, 00:16
Press HOME button in the XMB and a menu comes up :)

That explains it... I used two games that lock up on HOME exit so I never saw the menu. Thanks. :)

DarthPaul
December 5th, 2006, 00:22
need help please!!! when im going to dump the firmware 3.01 it says in the PSARDUMPER that i dont have the DATA.PSAR in the root of the memory stick..and its there:( what can it be?? please someone

XxunknowxX
December 5th, 2006, 00:22
ok i just tested it works great if u press home a devhook menu comes up there is no more need to boot devhook again to switch back to UMD if you want to play online or online browser there is a bug on 333Mhz the same thing that happen with 2.71 SE-C so that gotta be fix but still play able with 266 MHz thnx booster

DarthPaul
December 5th, 2006, 00:23
need help please!!! when im going to dump the firmware 3.01 it says in the PSARDUMPER that i dont have the DATA.PSAR in the root of the memory stick..and its there:( what can it be?? please someone.Im using 2.71SE-C

Pantsey
December 5th, 2006, 00:25
I followed the steps from the link and I'm up to

8. Launch up devhook and go to "FLASH ROM" settings, choose install dh to flash1. DO NOT touch any of the other settings unless you know what you're doing. Please note that if you used a previous devhook version that installed to flash1, you should use the "uninstall DH files from flash1" option before doing this.

I don't see the option for Flash ROM, closest is flash install, and it only has the following
Install config file to flash1
bakcupdh configfile from flash1
uninstall dh files from flash 1

install pspfont to flash0
install kd/resource to flash 0
uninstall dh files from flash 0

Did I screw it up?

SSaxdude
December 5th, 2006, 00:26
HOLY SCNIKES!!!!!
Booster is a god in my eyes

XxunknowxX
i got one question i just got the update for socom ftb2 and it said that my battery was too low and the only reason that it ever asks that is when it writes to the flash can someone tell me what has happen if you already tryed it

DPyro
I followed the steps from the link and I'm up to

I don't see the option for Flash ROM, closest is flash install, and it only has the following
Install config file to flash1
bakcupdh configfile from flash1
uninstall dh files from flash 1

install pspfont to flash0
install kd/resource to flash 0
uninstall dh files from flash 0

Did I screw it up?

Click Flash Install >>> Install configfile to flash1

gymnotropic
December 5th, 2006, 00:28
I followed the installation guide, and when I start it up, it just gives me a black screen. Is there something I could of messed up?

DarthPaul
December 5th, 2006, 00:29
help!!!:(

XxunknowxX
December 5th, 2006, 00:35
need help please!!! when im going to dump the firmware 3.01 it says in the PSARDUMPER that i dont have the DATA.PSAR in the root of the memory stick..and its there:( what can it be?? please someone.Im using 2.71SE-C

you gotta get the PBP unpacker after that you gotta get the PSAR file from the unpack and place it in you MS:/ or root after that get the new 3.00/3.01 dumper and place it in you GAME150 folder

now go under game and star the dumper

press X when u get to a black screen with black writing

after is done

go back to USB connecting

on you computer you will see a new folder on you root called f0

cut and paste that folder under MS:/dh/301

done

know just star dechook and enjoy

DarthPaul
December 5th, 2006, 00:39
you gotta get the PBP unpacker after that you gotta get the PSAR file from the unpack and place it in you MS:/ or root after that get the new 3.00/3.01 dumper and place it in you GAME150 folder

now go under game and star the dumper

press X when u get to a black screen with black writing

after is done

go back to USB connecting

on you computer you will see a new folder on you root called f0

cut and paste that folder under MS:/dh/301

done

know just star dechook and enjoy

yeah man i know,this is not my first time,i know all i have to do,im sure im doing it the way it is,i just dont know what the hell is happening,it show an error saying...ERROR: Can't find DATA.PSAR in top folder of memory stick.

Jonesyxxiv
December 5th, 2006, 00:43
i got one question i just got the update for socom ftb2 and it said that my battery was too low and the only reason that it ever asks that is when it writes to the flash can someone tell me what has happen if you already tryed it

It only saves to the memory stick. Dont worry.

Pantsey
December 5th, 2006, 00:44
Click Flash Install >>> Install configfile to flash1

Works perfectly, thanks.

DPyro
December 5th, 2006, 00:45
You clearly don't have DATA.PSAR in F:/DATA.PSAR

stratman71
December 5th, 2006, 01:09
Another working 3.01 .51DH on 2.71SE-C.

:D Thanks for the tutorial!

thefanaticgamer
December 5th, 2006, 01:31
in case anyone is wondering this works on se b"

mfz64
December 5th, 2006, 01:35
hey i really need big help and in detail please

mfz64
December 5th, 2006, 01:36
i really need detail help

joey561
December 5th, 2006, 01:41

That should help ya, this link was posted earlier in this thread.

-=me=-
December 5th, 2006, 01:42

That should help ya, this link was posted earlier in this thread.

yeah, i got it to work because of this :)

DarthPaul
December 5th, 2006, 02:05
haha sorry guys,i think it was the PSARDUMPER i was using,i downloaded another and its working now. thanks anyways:D

thaforgottenone
December 5th, 2006, 02:22
mooohahahha...i got it to work.....THanks...but my qstn is can i remove the DATA.PSAR now?

luis_05
December 5th, 2006, 03:02
wow!! i have 3.01 on my psp fw 1.5, what more can i say than thanks booster! u are the man

Lodis
December 5th, 2006, 03:08
now get it to run on 2.71 SE :-P

It does run on 2.71 SE-C, I just tried it.

pubudu
December 5th, 2006, 03:25
i really need a thing so this works on ta82 2.72 with hend

Kyros
December 5th, 2006, 03:35
This is great I have 3 different firmware versions on my PSP and that's 1.5, emulated 2.71 (Just in case I might still need it) and 3.01...Thanx Booster, your work is greatly appreciated.

Known Bugs: While 3.01 is being emulated and a game is being played, HOME exit crashes PSP.

CaptainMorgan4
December 5th, 2006, 05:09
This is why 1.5 is the best, thanks Booster!

IamAbe
December 5th, 2006, 05:24
AWASOME! just installed it. :D

---2 mins later....---
damn, 2.71se looks so plain after using 3.01 for 2 mins., o well :o

IamAbe
December 5th, 2006, 05:28
This is why 1.5 is the best, thanks Booster!

naaah, 2.71se-c kicks a**. unless you have ta82 -- GET 2.71SE

pspfan2006z
December 5th, 2006, 06:30
Maybe this guide will help you with the installation of devhook. Found this on the website:
http://dragonboy2006.blogspot.com/2006/12/how-to-install-devhook-051-firmware-301.html

240-185
December 5th, 2006, 06:32
Gosh!

I understand why it didn't run. F0 directory must be included in 301 directory, NOT its inside...

Emeriastone
December 5th, 2006, 06:58
Sooo... does anyone own a PS3 and can verify that the connectivity functions work? Because I would really love to know...

Mr. Shizzy
December 5th, 2006, 07:01
I've read through a good share of this thread. My question is, how does it "co-exist" with devhook 0.46? I'm not willing to depart with the new iR Shell, not even for this...

EDIT: Nevermind. M D UK has edited and shared it with us. It runs off a 51 folder, instead of "dh" folder. Here is the download. :D

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44772&page=6

digitalvampirex
December 5th, 2006, 07:22
anyone else still experiencing save game corruption? cause its saying my save games are corrupt =(

sadrian5
December 5th, 2006, 10:17
Note to all 2.71 SEC Users out there. This will work, I have confirmed it working this morning. If you have installed a previous version 0.50 especially you MUST remove all file from memory stick and also remove files in Flash_01 (do this through Devhook Flash Install menu.) Then try re-formatting your memory stick and following the instructions below, it will work believe me.
(Note to UK Users: I used the UK 3.01 Update to make the DATA.PSAR file, not sure if this make a difference.)
(2nd Note: When moving the F0 folder, DO NOT delete the files already in the kd folder (4 .txt files), they must stay in that folder. Copy them to your desktop and make sure they are put back in that folder on the Memory Stick. I did not do this first time round and it did not work.)

Devhook 0.51 Install Guide with 3.01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a step by step guide for installing the new Devhook 0.51 along with 3.01 firmware.

2. Copy the devhook 0.51 package to the root of your memory stick. This would be ms0:/ and the three folders should be "dh", "PSP" and "fbm". If you are running 2.71 SE, make sure that the DH051BETA folders are going into the 1.5 GAME folder.

3. Download the 3.01 update here.

4. Get PSARDumper here.

5. Extract the DATA.PSAR from the 3.01 update you've downloaded with a program such as PBP Unpacker. Once thats done, copy the DATA.PSAR over to the root of your memory stick.

6. Run PSARDumper on your PSP, once its loaded up press X to dump a sigchecked 3.01. Once its done your PSP will return to the main menu.

7. Open up your memory stick, you will now see that there is an "F0" folder in the root. Move that to the "301" folder inside of "dh".

9. Finally, choose "FIRMWARE" from the devhook menu and pick 3.01. Now start devhook and you should be good to go!

NOTE: To exit Devhook 3.01 press Home in XMB Menu.

dejkirkby
December 5th, 2006, 10:33
Everyone who has mention warez in this thread should recieve insta-bans. There was a bright red warning to not mention it.

240-185
December 5th, 2006, 11:08
Hum, UMD of PES5 does not run under emulated firmware 3.01 :/

mr_nick666
December 5th, 2006, 13:02
naaah, 2.71se-c kicks a**. unless you have ta82 -- GET 2.71SE

1.5 all the way :D All the benefits and an unmolested PSP :p

Anyhow... Im sticking to my Devhook MOD for the minute while everyone else finds the bugs :rolleyes: Fantastic work though - Booster is THE MAN :thumbup:

amadeus
December 5th, 2006, 13:17
anyone else still experiencing save game corruption? cause its saying my save games are corrupt =(

Cant confirm it myself as I cant get the thing to work but other people on other boards have mentioned corrupt game saves...

I'am sticking .46 until I need the features of 3.01 etc.

Virus.exe
December 5th, 2006, 14:08
Damn, i'm getting mad here. Seriously. I have done everything (yes, don't blame me, i'm not that noobish)... Flashed to flash1. decrypted to dh/301 (Yes i pressed X rofl) and when i'm trying to fire up 3.01 it's loading (loading, devhook 0.51000.. rebooting) but then it's black for ~5 seconds.
Any suggestions? :)

Thanks in advance!
~Virus.exe

pubudu
December 5th, 2006, 14:09
hello i need help, i have a ta082 with 2.71
using henD i emulated 1.5
then i ran 0.51 devhook
then i went to “flash install” sor w/e and i selected
install devhookconfig to flash1
then i selected 3.01 firmware
and selectted start.
it did not work. i went to a black screen saying somedevhook was not found in ms0 or something like that.
and it returnemd me to 1.5 that i have emulated with HenD

also. i have my firends psp and his is NOT ta082 and it is downgraded to 1.5
so when i tried the same thing i said above on his psp
i got the same exact message.

then i did somme searching around. and i went to the flash1 of the 301 folder
and there was a binch of folders. but no files in them
so is something being worked wrong?

please help me.

OkornographyO
December 5th, 2006, 14:16
omg this is so great. i just got it to work (:

sadrian5
December 5th, 2006, 14:22
Damn, i'm getting mad here. Seriously. I have done everything (yes, don't blame me, i'm not that noobish)... Flashed to flash1. decrypted to dh/301 (Yes i pressed X rofl) and when i'm trying to fire up 3.01 it's loading (loading, devhook 0.51000.. rebooting) but then it's black for ~5 seconds.
Any suggestions? :)

Thanks in advance!
~Virus.exe
REPEAT POST: This should work for 2.71SE (All version) & 1.5 Users

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note to all 2.71 SEC Users out there. This will work, I have confirmed it working this morning. If you have installed a previous version 0.50 especially you MUST remove all file from memory stick and also remove files in Flash_01 (do this through Devhook Flash Install menu.) Then try re-formatting your memory stick and following the instructions below, it will work believe me.
(Note to UK Users: I used the UK 3.01 Update to make the DATA.PSAR file, not sure if this make a difference.)
(2nd Note: When moving the F0 folder, DO NOT delete the files already in the kd folder (4 .txt files), they must stay in that folder. Copy them to your desktop and make sure they are put back in that folder on the Memory Stick. I did not do this first time round and it did not work.)

2. Copy the devhook 0.51 package to the root of your memory stick. This would be ms0:/ and the three folders should be "dh", "PSP" and "fbm". If you are running 2.71 SE, make sure that the DH051BETA folders are going into the 1.5 GAME folder.

4. Get PSARDumper here.

5. Extract the DATA.PSAR from the 3.01 update you've downloaded with a program such as PBP Unpacker. Once thats done, copy the DATA.PSAR over to the root of your memory stick.

Virus.exe
December 5th, 2006, 14:26
hehe thanks, i forgot the 4 txt files.. they got deleted somehow :)

PSPegasus
December 5th, 2006, 14:28
Got it working fine! It freezes when you try to open Certificate from the game menu but other than that it's great. Excellent work to Booster and all the other people who've made this possible.

markbarkins
December 5th, 2006, 14:31
Sorry if this already has been answered somewhere, but what is the possibility of using the Sony ps1 emulator through devhook?

I think it's worth $5 per game to have psx on psp, but there's no way I'm giving up my homebrew to do it.

Abgoj
December 5th, 2006, 15:48
Installed devhook 0.51 on 2.71 se-c. Works flawlessly.:) nothing freezes, can go into everything. don't have a ps3 so cant test if ps1 emulation works.;) Thank you soooooooooooooo much booster for this fantastic devhook emulator.:thumbup:

Ci5tm Konfliqt
December 5th, 2006, 16:41
amazing work thanks

labowl
December 5th, 2006, 18:23
Hum, UMD of PES5 does not run under emulated firmware 3.01 :/

I think it does. Try again because im playing it right now.:D

d3v1l
December 5th, 2006, 18:33
it works on 2.71 se-c :D btw does socom2 work on this?

sadrian5
December 5th, 2006, 18:49
Stars Wars Lethal Alliance not working on Devhook 0.51. Loads up - gets to loading screen (says do not open drive) and then goes to black screen or comes up with error message in XMB (3.01)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 5th, 2006, 19:00
cant get it to worked dumped and decrypted all files copied to relevent dirs installed to flash launch devhook black screen then powers off any clues ?? fw 2.71 se no mods.

sadrian5
December 5th, 2006, 19:05
cant get it to worked dumped and decrypted all files copied to relevent dirs installed to flash launch devhook black screen then powers off any clues ?? fw 2.71 se no mods.
Quoted this a few times as it is the instructions that got me working. (The 4 .txt files is the stumbling block I think - read all below)

Note to all 2.71 SEC Users.

4. Get PSARDumper here.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 5th, 2006, 19:23
Quoted this a few times as it is the instructions that got me working. (The 4 .txt files is the stumbling block I think - read all below)

Note to all 2.71 SEC Users.

4. Get PSARDumper here.

Still the same dude followed it too the letter ive installed more than my fair share of hb in my time this is a fkin pain.

BL4Z3D247
December 5th, 2006, 19:26
wow i missed a sh!t load of news and releases :(, awesome work booster...so $ony where's ur next firmware update? :D lol

sadrian5
December 5th, 2006, 19:36
Still the same dude followed it too the letter ive installed more than my fair share of hb in my time this is a fkin pain.
I've been a playing with PSP Homebrew since the day the PSP came out, just a relative noob on this site.
Here is a checklist of things that you may have not done (lots of people making these mistakes):

1. Remove Devhook previous installs (including Flash_01 install for 0.50)
2. Format memory Stick before install to wipe any hidden corruption
3. Dumped your own 3.01 DATA.PSAR file (as it is sigchecked and unique to each PSP) - also must be dumped using x button (sigchecked)
4. Made sure the 4 .txt files from the dh/301/kd (that came in the 0.51 rar file) are placed inside the dh/301/kd - not just the
5. /fbm folder from 0.51 rar is not memory stick (not mentioned in any tutorial that this must be on stick)
6. If using 2.71 SE - Devhook GAME folders must be in GAME150 on memory stick. (Even if you have it configured to boot 1.5 kernel)
7. I am also not sure if Region makes a difference in your 3.01 PSAR Dump. I used US first and it did not work (I am in the UK.) Used UK 3.01 from Sony Website and it worked fine.

Let me know if you have done all these, really want it to work for you - it took me loads of attempts to get it to work and it does.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 5th, 2006, 19:39
yep all there.im using a US one will try the uk one

sadrian5
December 5th, 2006, 19:42
I have still not managed to get a single 2.81+ Game working in Devhook 0.51.
PES 6 - not working
Star Wars Lethal Alliance - not working
Daxter - not working
Correction:
Tony Hawks 8 - working

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 5th, 2006, 19:49
Were does the reboot bin go ?.

d3v1l
December 5th, 2006, 19:50
Socom2 works!! finally i can play it:D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 5th, 2006, 19:52
Socom2 works!! finally i can play it:D

Worked on 2.71 se-c fine anyway.

sadrian5
Reboot BIN should already be in newly created F0 folder (I renamed this to f0 - not sure if case is an issue) made with PSAR Dumper. It stays in that folder - again most tutorials do not mention this.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
Still does the same all flashed ok i think its the location of the reboot bin.

sadrian5
December 5th, 2006, 20:09
I'm stumped. The REBOOT.bin definately needs to be in dh/301/f0 folder.

CaptainMorgan4
December 5th, 2006, 20:23
You shouldn't be moving the reboot.bin follow the guide on like page 15-16 or something. Everything should go fine if you follow it, it's very easy!

Apoklepz
December 5th, 2006, 20:34
This is great news...Very nicely done!

I just hope I'm able to get MGS: Portable Ops to play when I pick it up, in case it has the dreaded firmware 3.00 or higher....At least it looks like I won't have to wait to play my games this time, like when I got Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max and didn't want to upgrade.

Once Again...Screw you $ONY, Thank you Devs!

gamerremag
December 5th, 2006, 21:47
does this work....perfect? i still cant believe it came so fast. it doesnt matter if it works perfect tho, its still proving that people can screw $ony no matter what they do. :)

thairacer
December 5th, 2006, 22:46
-->> sadrian5

Stars Wars Lethal Alliance not working on Devhook 0.51. Loads up - gets to loading screen (says do not open drive) and then goes to black screen or comes up with error message in XMB (3.01)

it work like a charm on 0.51, don't you know there are bad dump ! read... or make your dump if you have the game of course :-)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 5th, 2006, 22:59
Sorted now all good !!!

tunglashor
December 6th, 2006, 00:36
Thanks to booster, amazing work.
It works great BUT I can no longer boot into devhook - I now get "can't load/start devhook" and have to boot into 1.5 instead. Anyone seen this and know how to get around it? Thx

ataribob
December 6th, 2006, 01:55
Everyone who has mention warez in this thread should recieve insta-bans. There was a bright red warning to not mention it.
Like you just did :-)

mcvader
December 6th, 2006, 04:28
Works great for me :), I can confirm quiting with "home" when in-game crash's and save game's do seem to be corrupted, I belive this is a side effect of writing to the flash 1 as it's giving me messages about a config file, I havn't tried the save games back in .46 tho. To anybody who hasn't installed this yet I reccomend making a back up of your savegames before writing to the flash.

Once again, Thanks Booster :)

sven ebens
December 6th, 2006, 17:50
it doesnt work for me always get the thing with setting information is corrupted press the O button over and over again or it just stopss
:mad: idea?? why??

240-185
December 6th, 2006, 22:23
sven> your 3.01 files are corrupted. So you need to decrypt the firmware once again :(

Broadus
December 7th, 2006, 07:48
So... Can anyone actually say they've gotten 3.01 emulation working, and how they got it working?
I got 2.71 working, but I can't get 3.01 working at all, and clearly a lot of other people have the exact-same problem as me, despite following some pretty clear instructions.

PSPFR3AK
December 7th, 2006, 13:51
is the archive corrupted?

and this is for PSP version 1.50?

drivershigh
December 7th, 2006, 14:35
if you want 3.01 working, use tommydanger's installer, which is on these forums. Just tried it, the visualisations are pretty cool for the music player :)

Broadus
December 7th, 2006, 14:47
Wait, I tried it again! Got 3.01 working great! Hooray!
Yes, this version of DevHook apparently only works for 1.5.

PSPFR3AK
December 7th, 2006, 16:33
Wait, I tried it again! Got 3.01 working great! Hooray!
Yes, this version of DevHook apparently only works for 1.5.

doesnt work for PSP TA-80 version 2.71 ?

Fightmeyer
December 7th, 2006, 18:42
I didn't get it...
I have FW 1.5 and i would like to use FW 3.02 via Devhook.
I dont want to dump FW by myself or something. Isn't there a download with everything i need within?
The Devhook Programm and the FW3.02 Files i need. All in the right folders, so i only need to copy it to my stick?
I don't understand all that stuff about installing devhook and creating some files and bla...

CaptainMorgan4
December 7th, 2006, 20:16
Fightmeyer just download the devhook .51, take the "devhook" & "%devhook" and put those in your game folder. Then find a program called PSARDumper and put that in the game folder. Put the "dh" folder at the root of your memory stick, like next to where the "PSP" one is, if it came with the fbm folder or whatever throw that next to the "dh" folder. Then download the 3.02 update and use a program called PSPBrew, load the update up and on the bottom click "DATA.PSAR" and extract it. Put it in the root of your memory stick like where the "dh" folder is. Then navigate on your psp and start the PSARDumper program, click x and when it's done it'll return automatically. Then go back into USB mode and look at the root of your memory stick, it'll have a "F0" there now. You can delete the "DATA.PSAR" if you want now, and take the "F0" folder and place it in the "302" folder under the "dh" folder. If it asks you something just click "Yes to All". Then start up devhook and FIRST go into firmware and select 3.02, then go to flash. Select flash to 1 or whatever and then hold circe when it tells you, then when that's done return and click start. Devhook should start up if you followed everything I just said. I know how frustrating it can be to get things to work and you can't get em goin, make sure you remove all other versions of Devhook before starting this entire process. Good luck man, if you have mroe trouble PM me I'll help you out!

ps. Don't worry about flashing it's not like real real flashing, your not going to mess anything up.

PSPFR3AK
December 7th, 2006, 20:24
I didn't get it...
I have FW 1.5 and i would like to use FW 3.02 via Devhook.
I dont want to dump FW by myself or something. Isn't there a download with everything i need within?
The Devhook Programm and the FW3.02 Files i need. All in the right folders, so i only need to copy it to my stick?
I don't understand all that stuff about installing devhook and creating some files and bla...

would you like a game with that too sir?

learn

:thumbup:

archangel1024
December 7th, 2006, 22:25
what flash1 do i use to install the config file, i try and it always reads this

Install conig files
'ms0:/dh/301/f1' to 'flash1:/dh/301'

devhook isn't installed in flash0:
devhook isn't installed in flash1:
flash0: and flash1: can install an only on firmware version.
If there is another version already, remove before install.
This operation write flash1: device.
flash1 was written in normal psp operation.
but PSP never boot when that the registry file can't initialize.
Connect both of AC power and the battery.
And don't touch PSP absolutely until this operation finish.

Press CIRCLE button and hold 1seconds to start
Press other button to cancel
directry flash1:/dh/301 : not found
Mkdir flash1:/dh:
make dummy file flash1:/dh/dummy.dat:OK
Directry ms0:dh/301/f1 : not found
remove flash1:/dh/dummy.dat
Pres any button to return

What f1 dump do i need?

Cloudhunter
December 7th, 2006, 23:08
doesnt work for PSP TA-80 version 2.71 ?

There is a version for 2.71 HEN-D.

Cloudy

Flare1748
December 7th, 2006, 23:55
i dunno much on devhook never used it or looked into it so much, but i do kno about homebrew and such so iam not to much a noob or whatever, so this devhook emulates the new REAL firmware versions for PSP right? if so what versions does this devhook work with because i have version 2.8 with some working homebrew, and because sadly i bought sonic rivals the other day and i need to update to 2.81 and i cant give the game back nor will i update for that matter. so can this devhook with work 2.8 version of psp??? , also if this doesent work, will there be one for 2.8 soon?

Daistaar
December 8th, 2006, 15:30
While I'm sure this caption sounds worse than it is (and pretty freakin' hilarious) I can't make a dump. That is of my Firmware Sig using PSAR Dumper. I've tried using PSARDumper 2.8 and 3.0 to no avail. Am I out of luck?

I Bought Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops at Gamestop :thumbup: yesterday and it requires a 2.81 firmware.:eek: I don't want to update just to play MGS, but DAMNN!!! IT'S MGS!!! :p I'm trying to do Devhook 0.51 but I get stuck at the dump portion. This is what I have and what I'm doing:

PSP with Firmware 2.8 (I run eLoader 0.995 Kriek)
PSARDumper 2.8 and 3.0 (in the Game folder)
dh folder at root, fmb folder at root (DEVHOOK 0.51)
DATA.PSAR at the root (along with 2 other files that were unpacked, DATA.PSP, and another one)
Devhook Beta 0.51 in PSP->GAME->(in default folders)

I can get as far as preparing the dump but the PSP just hangs and reboots at the PSP logo screen (the white when when it loads a UMD. I've tried it from the XMB, from eLoader 0.995, and from xLoader. I never get an FO folder at the root and I think it's because of my 2.8 firmware. I know there isn't a downgrader (yet) for 2.8 so should I just bite the bullet and go 2.81 for MGSPO or hold out for a downgrader? I would love if someone can just send me the dump they made, or does the sig have to be generated by the individual PSP.

Dj-richards
December 8th, 2006, 21:46
What does this include this time?????

NyghtcrawleR
December 12th, 2006, 01:02
i dunno much on devhook never used it or looked into it so much, but i do kno about homebrew and such so iam not to much a noob or whatever, so this devhook emulates the new REAL firmware versions for PSP right? if so what versions does this devhook work with because i have version 2.8 with some working homebrew, and because sadly i bought sonic rivals the other day and i need to update to 2.81 and i cant give the game back nor will i update for that matter. so can this devhook with work 2.8 version of psp??? , also if this doesent work, will there be one for 2.8 soon?
No it only works for v1.5.

Doubt its going to work on 2.8 anytime soon.

budokai03
December 12th, 2006, 02:02
can anyone help me with this problem, i just upgraded from devhook 0.46 to dv v0.51 and only the firmware 271 works, FW 280-301 doesn't want to execute, when the psp is about to reboot the psp just shuts off and doesn't restart like its supposed to. I guess alot of people have this same problem cuz i've seen similar ones on this thread when i skimmed through some of the pages. Can anyone tell me SPECIFICALLY how i can get 282 and 301 to work cuz i have metal gear PO and i think it requires 282 to play. Please, step by step instructions would be most appreciated if you can.

thanks in advance

EDIT:

Well i found a guide and it helps me up to the point when im executing the PSAR dumper and i hit X to extract the files. For some reason the PSAR dumper doesn't want to extract the reboot.bin file from the DATA.PSAR can anyone help me with this please?????

yoda1742
December 12th, 2006, 03:45
ok really who wants to help me out here.when i go to download it from here,its an rar file...ok i got the file on my desktop...now where do i put.HELP

Gold Line
December 12th, 2006, 16:25
why dose this not work on the 2.80 eloader?