View Full Version : Nintendo Wii starting to ship to UK buyers?

wraggster
December 4th, 2006, 20:09
via theregister (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/12/04/wii_debuts_in_japan/)

Nintendo's Wii console may already be en route to some European pre-order customers ahead of this coming Friday's launch day, even as - surprise, surprise - the new games machine sold out in Japan following its launch there this weekend.

One Reg Hardware reader told us today he'd received an email from Woolworths confirming the dispatch of a pre-ordered Wii, though at the same time warning that he should allow seven days for delivery - timed, presumably, to ensure delivery on or after 8 December, the day Wii officially launches in the UK.

Has anyone else over here received a similar message from this or other suppliers?

We've heard from sources close to Nintendo that the consoles might be arriving in the UK on 1 December, but with no indication until today that they might be heading out almost immediately to buyers.

Japan, meanwhile, was host to the usual queues as pre-order customers and on-the-day hopefuls lined up for the chance to collect one of the 400,000 Wiis Nintendo had previously said it intended to ship into its native land for the launch.

Reports suggest some stores split their allocations, with some going to pre-order customers and others going to new buyers on a ticketed basis. Lining up very early - the previous night, in other words - appears to have been the most successful tactic employed to secure a Wii on day one. Other stores sold on a first come, first served basis.

Nintendo has indicated it will ship a further 600,000 Wiis into Japan by the end of the year, bringing the total to 1m units - a quarter of the 4m it expects to ship worldwide before the start of 2007.

Darkpaladin
December 4th, 2006, 20:27
On the 1st of december i got an email from gamestation that i preordered from saying 'your order is now being proccesed' preordered 2 or 3 weeks before.

Xiofire
December 4th, 2006, 23:57
Mine now says, "your order is being packed, ready for shipping" And its only Monday!
-Xiofire

ashjacques
December 5th, 2006, 11:08
Got an email from gamestation on Sunday. My unit will be available from midnight on the seventh. They're offering bundled discounts
wii + 1 game 10 squid off
wii + 2 games 20 squid off
wii + 3 games 30 squid off
Not bad if you've got a trade in aswell.

masterpaul
December 5th, 2006, 12:52
My Wii, Zelda, Redsteel, Wiimote and Nunchunk will come to my house the 6th or 7th December.

I got called by Nintendo of Greece.

GauBan
December 5th, 2006, 14:48
I've too got an email from GameStation. But they say that I will be getting my Wii before Christmas but not on the release day. :(

Which really got on my nerves as I was promised a Wii at launch by the people in my local GameStation. As I said I would only make the pre-order if they would guarantee me a launch system.

I have left my order with them but unless I get a call by Thursday after work I will be heading down to my local Tesco to see if I can pick up a Wii at the launch as they are not holding pre-orders. If I fail this I will just have to wait a week or so till GS get mine in.

I can understand the point of them taking the pre-order and making the promise to supply as at worse people should have all pre-order systems by start of Jan. But if you promise/guarantee someone that they will get it stick to it. If you can't don't take their money.

strumstrum
December 5th, 2006, 20:21
I got a call from Game earlier, my pre order will on launch.. YEH..

mr.psp
December 5th, 2006, 20:41
anyone order from play.com? I did and haven't heard anything ever since...

masterpaul
December 6th, 2006, 17:44
I got mine today from Nintendo of Greece... Suckers!

Accordion
December 6th, 2006, 19:14
just got confirmation from GAME:

my order of
Qty Description
1 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [Wii]
1 Nintendo Wii Console [Wii]

We are pleased to advise that your order, has been despatched via
your chosen delivery method and will be with you shortly!

woooo

eary
December 7th, 2006, 14:37
:mad: I pre ordered with woolworths web the homepage guarenteed delivery in the first week .I have just recieved an e-mail claiming that Nintendo only delivered half thier expected stock if they can they will deliver in time for christmas !!Looks like I might have some dissapionted kids.