PDA

View Full Version : Full Speed Daedalus games

cha0ticbliss
December 4th, 2006, 23:33
Are there any full speed games or games that the reduced framerate doesn't hurt gameplay for daedalus?

Bust a move 99' is the only game that I have found to run at full speed (or very close to) are there any others?

Video_freak
December 4th, 2006, 23:58
Mario 64 is pretty good (in my opinion :P)...
Oh and Starfox 64.

throughsilver
December 5th, 2006, 01:40
Mario 64 is pretty good (in my opinion :P)...

I downloaded that tonight, and was absolutely amazed by Mazza 64 on my small screen. Took me back to when I first got an N64.

Is there supposed to be no sound on it, though? I'm using Daedalus Shifty on a 1.50.

I have tried the Daedalus SpiffUp, but the game doesn't seem to load for that emu (if it does, it's taking an awfully long time...)

Video_freak
December 5th, 2006, 01:43
No, there's no sound yet. But it shouldn't be TOO hard though, because the media engine isn't being used yet...

throughsilver
December 5th, 2006, 01:50
That's top news then (I thought I was doing something wrong ;) ). Until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't even stumbled on Neo Geo CD (and didn't even know about gpSP while I was using pspvba), so I can wait for an N64 engine with sound.

Like I say, the speed was very good (although it was lacking a solidity of feel that I just can't put my finger on... that'll be the Shig factor I guess), so it should be stellar when all's said and done.

Weirdly, I was trying Fighters' History II and, while it was fine for frontend, the actual fights were invisible. I'm talking grey screen. That was strange.

turtleguy101
December 5th, 2006, 22:10
sweet game called aerogauge runs way better than mario 64... its a futuristic racer, kinda like star wars podracer only u can like fly around like up and down AND side to side as u go... check that out. Also mario kart (on time trial) runs at full speed (make sure to try the yoshi race on the highest cup... full speed like 20 fps) thats about all i can think of. O and of course star fox and mario 64 are OK...

Distortional
December 8th, 2006, 07:14
I want Zelda :-P

cha0ticbliss
December 8th, 2006, 19:42
Yeh, me too. I used to watch my bro play through a lot of it and once it gets portable, I'll be playing right away

gamerremag
December 8th, 2006, 22:31
zelda works.......but at a constant 6-8fps (havent tried shifty/spiffup)

Maguin
December 10th, 2006, 21:28
It's a question asked many times. But does anyone know if the daedalus project is still alive?. I haven't heard anything from strmmn in a long long time.

turtleguy101
December 10th, 2006, 23:53
daedalus is still alive... apparently strmmn took some time off to "play computer games" but whatever. Supposedly R9 is gonna come out by christmas but thats just a rumor. At least we got wally... The N64 is harder to emulate than the ps1, so it will take longer for the n64 emu to get full speed (the fist release of ps1p is prolly about as good as daedalus R8... the first daedalus release played only n64 demos or something... ps1p plays ffVII at a playable speed... ) so expect an update on daedalus, but dont expect too much progress on the thing...

dagger89
December 11th, 2006, 03:20
Forsaken runs above fullspeed for me.... A few frames above 30, hitting about 28 if I'm playing mp3s in the background... The intro screens have gfx glitchs and I think the Acclaim screen is pretty slow, but in game its fullspeed

Sharkey
December 11th, 2006, 04:33
Star Soldier Vanishing Earth is playable, Extrmeme G is almost playable also.