PDA

View Full Version : Team FWi Presents: Firmware 3.01FWi Installer! (edited)

kando
December 5th, 2006, 06:42
Enjoy all, please read the readme attached, as well as quoted below. (edited by the cap'n to take up less space and to stress some important notes.)

TEAM FWi Presents: 3.01 FWi
FWi (FirmWare investigators) Members: (LordSturm - kando - birdman - JamesBDX)

This installation is HIGHLY recommended to be installed on a FRESH installation of Dark_Alex's 2.71 SE-C (http://dax.lan.st) - The installation will not execute twice, as a countermeasure to this.

WE DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MIS-USE OF THIS PROGRAM OR ANY "BRICKS" THAT ARE CREATED DUE TO IMPROPER USAGE OF IT. RUNNING THIS PROGRAM MEANS YOU ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR PSP. PROPERLY FOLLOWING THIS README SHOULD ENSURE A SAFE AND PLEASANT FLASH.

IMPORTANT: This installer will most likely "brick" if you have any custom PRX's FLASHED to your psp. So make sure to remove them first.
ALSO this installer will delete the contents of vsh.txt and game.txt in ms0:/SEPLUGINS/
we HIGHLY recommend removing all contents of ms0:/SEPLUGINS/ prior to installing to avoid bricking.

Known Issues/Bugs:

- If you have any hex-modified files, or prx plugins FLASHED, you may very well brick.
We HIGHLY recommend re-installing SE-C before attempting this.
- ONLY THE FIRST TIME when you go to system settings you will get a BSoD.
- Power Settings freezes PSP
- If a BSoD occurs, when entering language and time zone, after time zone is selected, psp freezes...just hard-restart and itll fix itself.
- DNAS functions dont work properly (enabling WMA/Flash)
- Some Homebrew wont run (homebrew is corrupt) but THERE IS A FIX FOR ALL (see bottom of readme.txt)
- Under System Settings, the firmware version displays 2.71 SE-C.
- The arrow keys that appear while reading agreements, as well as the arrow next to your text in the On Screen Keyboard, do not display properly. Some other symbols may not show properly either. These have no real effect on the psp as long as you know which button means ok and which means cancel.

Confirmed NON FUNCTIONAL:
- Online Manuals
- PS1 Emulation
- PS3 Remote Play

Intentionally REMOVED:
- Location Free TV
- RSS ( Support was broken. )
- Web Browser ( Removed to save space. )
- Animated Gameboot ( gameboot.pmf ) [will get a plain white gameboot] to load gameboot.pmf from ms0:/ instead of flash0:/ to fix.)

Unconfirmed?
- Camera

Confirmed FULLY/PARTIALY FUNCTIONAL:
- 1.00/1.50 eboots ( Make sure to apply the fix that can be found below. )
- 2.xx/2.71 eboots ( Remember theres no such thing as 3.xx eboots YET! )
- ISO/CSO loading from XMB (no-umd as well)
- MP3 Visualizer
- Video Player
- Photo Viewer
- System Settings ( Power Save menu cannot be accessed, also causes first time run problems. )
- UMD Auto-Start Setting
- USB Connection ( Mass Storage )
- WiFi ( in game, as there is nowhere else to use it. )
- Anything that has yet to be mentioned.

IMPORTANT: This installer will most likely "brick" if you have any custom PRX's FLASHED to your psp. So make sure to remove them first.

ALSO this installer will delete the contents of vsh.txt and game.txt in ms0:/SEPLUGINS/ so if you have any custom prx plugins you were using, manually add them in yourself and edit the files as necessary. This is in order to enable 2.xx and 1.xx homebrew, as well as iso/cso support.
Installation:
1) Extract contents of this zip file to the root of your memory stick. you should have:
ms0:/301/
ms0:/PSP/GAME150/301_SE/
ms0:/PSP/GAME150/301_SE/conf.bin
ms0:/PSP/GAME150/301_SE/EBOOT.PBP
ms0:/PSP/GAME150/301_SE/pspbtcnf.txt
ms0:/PSP/GAME150/301_SE/pspbtcnf_game.txt
ms0:/PSP/GAME150/301_SE/vsh.txt
(if your 1.50 kernel is set to /GAME/ then move /PSP/GAME150/301_SE/ to /PSP/GAME/301_SE/)
2) Dump 3.01 firmware (grab official eboot.pbp, extract data.psar and run the psar decrypter that was released.)
---THIS DUMP MUST BE ~~D E C R Y P T E D~~ (use square in psardumper)---
3) place the dump into ms0:/301/ so it looks like:
ms0:/301/data/cert/
ms0:/301/kd/
ms0:/301/vsh/
ms0:/301/vsh/module/
etc.
4) Run the installer and enjoy!!
---
To Return to 2.71 SE-C simply re-install DAX's firmware at http://dax.lan.st
---
To make homebrew work that doesnt work:
use PBPUnpacker to unpack the SFO of a homebrew that DOES work (IRShell 2.71 edition, CPS1PSP, LUA-Pacman, etc.), and simply extract the contents of the homebrew that doesnt work, replace the sfo with the one from the working homebrew, and repack it.
This is confirmed working on IRShell, as well as DevHook .51.
A streamlined patcher is in the works.
---
.Original Concept by LordSturm & kando
.Installer coded by LordSturm w/ original template by Train2335
.Beta Installer test installations by kando (only 2 bricks!) <-- Recovery Helps. :P
.Testing, flashing, unflashing, reflashing, etc. done by kando & JamesBDX
.Firmware debugging, emulation efforts, and firmware modifying by birdman
.Original working hybrid firmware concept & installation instructions by JamesBDX
..Readme written by kando ( Some post production modifications by LordSturm )

~~Team FWi would like to give special thanks to:
-Dark_Alex for making the most flexable and amazing firmware ever, we love you!
-Booster for making Devhook, your skills are uber beyond any of us :)
-Fanjita, Ditlew, and the rest of team N00bz for all of their efforts and strives in the greatness of homebrew!
-Mathieulh, x3sphere and FreePlay for all of their accurate information, as well as help developing this.
harleyg for being a jerk - <harleyg> FWI = ****ING NOOBLET <harleyg> well <harleyg> your team sucks <harleyg> so im not bothered
-NOPx86, Train2335 and TheBuzzer for all of their help.
-NukeWire for the html space! http://fwi.psp-tuts.net
-brentp for offering space as well, and providing a personal space.
-FoG for being a brave beta tester, and confirming wifi works in-game.
-Everyone in #psp on irc.lan.st!!
LordSturm's shoutouts: ColdBird, Art, cyanide, Crab, x3sphere, Mathieulh, ahman, AnonymousTipster and DANZEL! ( I would add the whole FWi Team again, but thats pointless... ) oh and everyone below...
-kando's shoutouts: PSPDemon, ColdBird, Art, Jordan, MikeDX, Zion, M!ckey (batman), Destroyer, DarkStone, Daelan, spectroplasm, cyanide, my MOM and DAD for supporting me, and anyone else i missed, sorry! :D
-Birdman thanks all of the above, along with those who reported problems in his devhook versions, shoutout to Terdinglage, cyanide, Darkstone, and all of team FWi!
-JamesBDX shouts out to chossy, jas0nuk, PSPFiler for not killing my psp...also my mum!
~~~cheers!

As usual, no iso discussion on DCemu.

Download and Feedback via Comments

Mr. Shizzy
December 5th, 2006, 07:16
Hot, Hot Hot !!! This is awesome news kando. Much thanks to you and the rest of team FYI. :D

Kramer
December 5th, 2006, 07:29
Cool thanks Kando and the rest of the team.
im installing this now :)

EDIT: i tried it out and I think ill wait till its less buggy.

pibs
December 5th, 2006, 08:06
Nice work Kando and team :)

mikebeaver
December 5th, 2006, 09:31
sweeeeeeet as a nut, thanks Team FWi this is som pretty fine work you've accomplished in a short space of time. Roll on MGS:PO

splodger15
December 5th, 2006, 16:00
I think i will stick with my 1,5

Psphreak
December 5th, 2006, 16:00
Nice work, however, I'm waiting for Dark Alex's version of a 3.01 SE

Vibestar
December 5th, 2006, 16:09
Nice app for all those that want to test 3.00 fast...
Why removed the browser?? I didn't but it doesn't work. Did yours work??
I have a gameboot also working with xflash (booted from recovery).
Is this app the same as the tut so it can't brick fully if you have recovery???

Vibestar
December 5th, 2006, 16:12
Nice work, however, I'm waiting for Dark Alex's version of a 3.01 SE

If it ever comes. The size off the flash0 shall be a prob. if 3.00 can be flash to kd and 1.50 it's posible but 3.00 still has no exploits to work on...

tophead420
December 5th, 2006, 16:29
man i would love to give this a try but im not going to brick my psp and the fact that some homebrew and stuff wont work but hey great wok on this guys and keep it up ill just use the memory stick version for now

IamAbe
December 5th, 2006, 16:32
sounds GREAT, but im gonna stick to 2.71se-c till all the kinks are worked out. GREAT WORK GUYS!!! KEEP IT UP!!!

Project.funky
December 5th, 2006, 16:36
is there any chance of this working or being modded to work on 2.8 lol sorry for asking about 2.8 all the time :D

tophead420
December 5th, 2006, 16:39
o yea i forgot to mention this in y other post but why in the hell is this called 3.01 SE when really all it is the 3.01 XMB features does this allow you to use a game that needs 3.01 to play but anyways i would have just called this a mod for 2.71 SE not 3.01 SE but hey thats just me

eLAy12
December 5th, 2006, 16:44
good point....shouldn't this be more of a hybrid than a fw SE? i'm not complaining...just other people might get confused....anyway good build and good work...mad props to team FWi

StealthCP
December 5th, 2006, 16:47
Sticking with 2.71 SE-C :D

Sorry, but 1.5 to 2.71 SE does have benefits, with no deficits. This custom firmware 3.01 seems not to support anything of value, actually having less than 2.71 SE would have available. Though it does show good progress on developing, though. One thing Sony can stop (if they tried harder :p) is exploits and homebrew on later firmwares, but what they can't stop is hacked versions being flashed from a lower firmware ;)

Festizzio
December 5th, 2006, 17:02
Eh, I would install this but I'm one of the rare people who actually uses the PSP's internet browser. Maybe if there was a version with that still included... :thumbup:

EvilDooinz
December 5th, 2006, 17:32
Why risk bricking when there are soo many disabled/removed features. FW1.5 /W Devhook FTW.

Russoxley187
December 5th, 2006, 18:15
WOW,
There sure were alot of mentions about bricking....
Makse sure you do this or you will brick, make sure ....
Make sure you don't sneeze, or you will brick...
Thats prob the scariest readme file I ever went through..
I'll wait a lil bit and see how many people actually brick...
Not to take anything away from the developers...
You guys are awesome for hooking this up !!!

kando
December 5th, 2006, 18:22
WOW,
There sure were alot of mentions about bricking....
Makse sure you do this or you will brick, make sure ....
Make sure you don't sneeze, or you will brick...
Thats prob the scariest readme file I ever went through..
I'll wait a lil bit and see how many people actually brick...
Not to take anything away from the developers...
You guys are awesome for hooking this up !!!

translation: follow this readme step by step or dont cry when u dont :P

hehe scary eh :P

titch.ryan
December 5th, 2006, 18:25
wow its amazing how fast people are coming out with new ways of cracking the higher firmwares. however im just gonna sit tight and wait for a complete version on 3.00 SE i dont want to risk bricking my psp. bu good job and keep up the amazing work.

siulmagic
December 5th, 2006, 18:36
you can play 3.01 games wih this you re flashing part of it its seems but yea il wait till its a lil bit less bugy do im tempted

Veskgar
December 5th, 2006, 19:05
The "SE" might confuse people accustomed to Dark_AleX's work. But any advancement in firmware hacks / modification is definitely welcome.

I'm still on plain old 1.50 firmware but 2.71 SE-C is looking really sweet, especially since Dark_AleX seems to be back.

zaiser
December 5th, 2006, 19:07
Thank you

Russoxley187
December 5th, 2006, 19:10
The "SE" might confuse people accustomed to Dark_AleX's work. But any advancement in firmware hacks / modification is definitely welcome.

I'm still on plain old 1.50 firmware but 2.71 SE-C is looking really sweet, especially since Dark_AleX seems to be back.

I'll chip in with you..
Only If I can be in the commercial.

BL4Z3D247
December 5th, 2006, 19:20
damn, alot has happened since i last signed on...stupid work, gotta dig up my baby now and do a little upgrading :)

Emeriastone
December 5th, 2006, 19:35
Impressive, very impressive. I shout out my respects and will have to sadly decline. Devhook is more than enough to quench my 3.01 thirst.

jaydoo
December 5th, 2006, 20:11
@segzzy
Thanks for the spam, I now know to avoid you like the plague.

mlcurly16
December 5th, 2006, 20:26
I was just about to update, until I saw the "Removed Features" list :(

mavsman4457
December 5th, 2006, 20:40
This is a good first step. Certainly not worth upgrading to but it is indeed a good first step.

briyan
December 5th, 2006, 20:58
too many custom firmwares..for me and i'm sure for a lot of ppl here, Dark Alex is the way to go. 2.71 SE-C should be the official homebrewers firmware!

LilSwish722
December 5th, 2006, 21:47
wait. when did we crack 3.01. i must have missed it somehow. did they find a big exploit

Jonesyxxiv
December 5th, 2006, 22:04
So you take 2.71 SE you remove RSS, Loacatio free, the web browser, animated gameboots and other stuff and add in the visualizer for music and you get 3.01 SE. It has less features than 2.71 and almost no features of 3.01. I dont even run 3.01 games. I really hope no one is stupid enough to update to this. Just stick with 2.71 SE or 1.5 and run 3.01 via devhook.

ola_ridiculous
December 5th, 2006, 23:02
Does any one know if its safe to upgrade from 2.81
to 3.01 SE ?
I cant risk to brick my psp.. =( ive only got one

Wally
December 5th, 2006, 23:03
Must Wii MUST Wii..

Oh sorry :P Im gunna wait until its less buggy too i think. Funny that 3.01SE is avaliable already.

Maybe there is a chance to remove those PRX's which arent needed at boot time and putting them as plugins for later

eddy22
December 5th, 2006, 23:17
does this use the new 3.01 XMB?

zevende
December 5th, 2006, 23:22
Does any one know if its safe to upgrade from 2.81
to 3.01 SE ?
I cant risk to brick my psp.. =( ive only got one
As far as custom firmware/downgrading, you're not going anywhere! 2.81 can't do homebrew or flash anything other than official sony updates.

ola_ridiculous
December 6th, 2006, 00:02
So what can i do apart from wait for a downgrader, upgrade? to 3.00/1 ??? :,(

i need hombrews.. anyone wana swap?.. with money $20 for 2.71?=D

anyone intrested PM me

Psyflex
December 6th, 2006, 00:13
stay as low as you can

kcc86
December 6th, 2006, 00:15
nice work, a lot of great releases lately in the homebrew scene

gota question

i read that this supports no-umd, but does it FULLY support no-umd so that all isos will work without a umd? or does SE-C already do that? thanks in advance

kando
December 6th, 2006, 03:56
nice work, a lot of great releases lately in the homebrew scene

gota question

i read that this supports no-umd, but does it FULLY support no-umd so that all isos will work without a umd? or does SE-C already do that? thanks in advance

its the same support that se-c has for no-umd mode :)

and ty for the comments all :)

the_eternal_dark
December 6th, 2006, 23:44
I don't see why anyone is criticizing this fw. Kando and team have some mad skills.

Just follow the directions and you'll be fine. It's pretty cool to see a 3.0+ custom fw. Keep up the good work Kando.

archangel1024
December 7th, 2006, 03:48
too much is missing for me, i used it for 10 minutes, my shortest lasting fw ever

oobymach
December 19th, 2006, 19:49
thanks and congratulations to the fwi team for bringing us diehards more reasons to keep playing psp.

the_eternal_dark
December 20th, 2006, 19:34
Kando, I'm going to see if I can load it on to UP when it arrives, and then if all goes well, I'll try to help a little with testing and what not. I'll let you know once it arrives.

//R
December 20th, 2006, 19:54
Great stuff and all, but what does this actually give over 2.71SE? It seems it does LESS in comparison, as the main reasons for using 3.xx don't work.

Am I missing something?

SSaxdude
December 20th, 2006, 21:09
I'm waiting for the 3.02 by DAX.

the_eternal_dark
December 20th, 2006, 23:01
I'm waiting for the 3.02 by DAX.

Is DAX working on a 3.02?

Cloudhunter
December 20th, 2006, 23:17
Is DAX working on a 3.02?

Yes, I have reason to believe he is from what i've read.

Cloudy

mikebeaver
December 21st, 2006, 21:41
where did you read this cloudy? i like to gain as much knowledge on the scene, im currently running SE-C and i love it, so news of DA working on 3.02 is great.