PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Fantasy series DS, PSP bound

wraggster
December 5th, 2006, 15:54
Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=150425)

We used to love those old Fighting Fantasy choose your own adventure books. And like everyone else, we always cheating by keeping our fingers on the previous page we were on before seeing if we were about to fall to our deaths or get eaten by a giant scorpion.

Ian Livingstone said, "Fighting Fantasy built up a huge, worldwide fan base over the years (I was one - Ed!). We believe that players will really enjoy the adventures in a new way on DS and PSP. Fighting Fantasy's interactive structure is ideal for bite-sized chunks of gameplay which is important for these devices."

Co-creator Steve Jackson added, "We're convinced that innovative handheld versions will challenge and entertain a whole new generation of gamers - as well as existing fans - and will form the basis of a new portable gaming franchise."

The right development and publishing partners are currently being searched out. More soon.

For the record we loved Scorpion Swamp!

Plowking
December 5th, 2006, 17:11
I remember those, I had about 25 of them from number 1 up. And then the shot lived 13 issue Warlock magazine too.

This would be great, if implemented properly.

mikebeaver
December 5th, 2006, 17:26
As long as there is a cheat that allows you to look at the next couple of pages to see if you die or not, lol.
Those books were great when i was a kid, but to do them any justice they will need a good team behind it, if they just do a rushed job it'll be a wasted opportunity.

paughthead
December 5th, 2006, 21:54
i remember reading the indiana jones versions of these type of books. looking forward to this :D