PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Fantasy series DS, PSP bound

wraggster
December 5th, 2006, 15:54
Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=150425)

We used to love those old Fighting Fantasy choose your own adventure books. And like everyone else, we always cheating by keeping our fingers on the previous page we were on before seeing if we were about to fall to our deaths or get eaten by a giant scorpion.

Ian Livingstone said, "Fighting Fantasy built up a huge, worldwide fan base over the years (I was one - Ed!). We believe that players will really enjoy the adventures in a new way on DS and PSP. Fighting Fantasy's interactive structure is ideal for bite-sized chunks of gameplay which is important for these devices."

Co-creator Steve Jackson added, "We're convinced that innovative handheld versions will challenge and entertain a whole new generation of gamers - as well as existing fans - and will form the basis of a new portable gaming franchise."

The right development and publishing partners are currently being searched out. More soon.

For the record we loved Scorpion Swamp!

breizhatavpilamiks
December 5th, 2006, 16:02
Oh, and let the records also show that there is demand for a remake of the Sorcery! series by Steve Jackson. I'd love to replay what kept me glued to the books for weeks when I was 12.

basilb
December 7th, 2006, 00:37
i loved those books, im really looking forward to this on the ds. i hope they don't mess this up

tunglashor
December 7th, 2006, 01:50
Sorcery! oh my god, I'm getting flashbacks. all those spells and everything... what an epic. I second the call for a videogame version.

(also, appointment with f.e.a.r.! man I loved that one)