PDA

View Full Version : Wii is a "sub-element" of PS3 says Sony

wraggster
December 5th, 2006, 15:59
Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=150432)

Wii is a core gaming device while PS3 is a broader entertainment solution says Sony

14 CommentsSony's general manager for Australia and New Zealand has had enough of the negative PS3 press: "The Wii-type functionality is more just a sub-element of what the PlayStation 3 offers," he told the Sydney Morning Herald.

"Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution; so you can have your fun, enjoyable gaming ... but then you have a whole suite of other applications ... such as Blu-ray media playback, the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PSP", he added.

Wii launches across Europe this Friday.

iniquitous_beast
December 5th, 2006, 17:45
Translation: "Why should gamers be so concerned with great gameplay? Sure, the ps3 does games, but those are just a sub-element of its greater functions. Blu-ray is important; but the ps3 will also play some games too." -end translation

ExInferis
December 5th, 2006, 17:51
Hmmmm he uses the words "more fun" when comparing wii with ps3, cant argue there lol

The Hombrew Hunter
December 6th, 2006, 03:02
So, why pay oh say 1500 dollars for Blu Ray, which costs more than the DVD functions and cost.

So what f**king music artist, movie distributer, will fill 25 to 50 GIGABYTES of space!?

I'll tell you. No. Way. In. Hell.

Cheers to wasting money!

shiftybill
December 6th, 2006, 05:13
i think i will buy a standalone blu-ray player in a few years

thanks anyway sony

Dee-Lite
December 7th, 2006, 02:00
the ability to access you video, access photos and even connect to ur handheld gaming device! Now where have I heard that before? :D

Dee