PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda for PSP

IamAbe
December 5th, 2006, 16:46
NEW THREAD: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45327

Hey all, I'm working on a zelda clone for psp. It's still too early for screenshots but progress is good. Here's the current plans:

-Looks and plays like Zelda: Minish Cap / Zelda: aLttP

-Fully mappable, including graphics, maps, NPCs, enemies, for TC mods. Uses Elder Scrolls like mods, etc.

-A bit more RPG-ish than current zelda games

I should have something, either a demo or at least screenshots by the holiday. If anyone is interested in helping out with mapping, graphics, or sounds, please PM me.

Any ideas, suggestions, or comments are welcome.

Milleniumas
December 5th, 2006, 17:01
Hello I am creating a (Doom3 + Quake4)^2. It's too early to show the screens or demo, but it will be the same as HALO! Got the point?

IamAbe
December 5th, 2006, 17:15
Hello I am creating a (Doom3 + Quake4)^2. It's too early to show the screens or demo, but it will be the same as HALO! Got the point?

dont we all love the wonderful psp community of flamers :D . responsable for some of the best leaving (not comparing me to them at all). what happend to the love in psp hacking... :(

gymnotropic
December 5th, 2006, 17:20
I've been taking violin for about four or five years. I'm not a virtuoso, but I can play alright. I can also play the mandolin, since it's tuned as a violin.

PM me if you're interested.

PS: I need sheet music for it. :P

Virus.exe
December 5th, 2006, 17:21
GOOD JOB!!

Wow, the first time that's posted here ¬¬
I don't care if this is fake or not, it's just cool you're actually thinking of it :)

Milleniumas
December 5th, 2006, 17:21
dont we all love the wonderful psp community of flamers :D . responsable for some of the best leaving (not comparing me to them at all). what happend to the love in psp hacking... :(

I was getting you to the point that first you have to show what have you done before posting what will be in future. There are thousands of people who claimed that it will be done but only several actually made something.

rock kills
December 5th, 2006, 17:39
why zelda?? :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

tophead420
December 5th, 2006, 18:04
Hey all, I'm working on a zelda clone for psp. It's still too early for screenshots but progress is good. Here's the current plans:

-Fully mappable, including graphics, maps, NPCs, enemies, for TC mods. Uses Elder Scrolls like mods, etc.

I should have something, either a demo or at least screenshots by the holiday. If anyone is interested in helping out with mapping, graphics, or sounds, please PM me.

hey man sounds great i hope you actually stick with it if you need any help or possilble any beta testers ill be more then happy to help you if i can i like how you said it will be a bit more rpgish i love the sound of that cant wait man and good luck

Russoxley187
December 5th, 2006, 18:11
I never knock anybody for doing their own thing...
Hook it up my man..
PM me if you need a Beta tester...
I'm here for ya

shadowhawk22
December 5th, 2006, 18:25
Yeah, we could all help, I really think this would improve the PSP homebrew scene! Awesome idea, I wish you the best of luck. Be sure to post requests for help, or news on Dcemu!

voorheesda
December 5th, 2006, 18:26
i always wanted zelda to be more "rpg-ish" levels, abilities and that stuff :) funky if its true =)

Veskgar
December 5th, 2006, 18:56
Don't pay attention to any negativity or pessimism. This is a worthy project and a Zelda clone would be very cool stuff for PSP homebrew.

You have my support and encouragement.

Briggzy11
December 5th, 2006, 19:05
Hey I like the idea of this game but yet again, its just another Zelda clone, theres like 20 of them for psp now, take my advice Iamabe, do something else, this game will probabily be played but it wont be downloaded as much as another game.

Try cloning Resident evil or crash.

EVEN BETTER...

...make a brand new game (RPG) from scratch using your own ideas and your talents to make a game nobody cound have thought of. copying off a game is good but pointless, making your own is unique and interesting...

Good luck anyway, if you want help Ill have a go at whatever you need :D

Veskgar lol your bound say that look at your location Hyrule lol.

ALF
December 5th, 2006, 19:13

Is this Zelda game coded in LUA cuss id love to help u out man, i was working on a Zelda game my self but i for some reason is to lazy to learn collision and AI.

ALF
December 5th, 2006, 19:16
O ya heres a Pic:

IamAbe
December 5th, 2006, 19:33
thanx everyone for your support. im not near ready for beta testing yet, ill keep you all updated tho.

why zelda?? :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:
cuz i like zelda

Is this Zelda game coded in LUA
nope
nice looking screenshot

ALF
December 5th, 2006, 19:39
Thats too bad but if you ever want to come to the LUA side lol. just send me a message, I might get back on my feet with this project though. I mean a little competition never hurt anybody...

IamAbe
December 5th, 2006, 19:50
Thats too bad but if you ever want to come to the LUA side lol. just send me a message, I might get back on my feet with this project though. I mean a little competition never hurt anybody...

go for it :D

Vibestar
December 5th, 2006, 19:54
I was getting you to the point that first you have to show what have you done before posting what will be in future. There are thousands of people who claimed that it will be done but only several actually made something.

Can someone say to this guy that he must go away (with your 18 post). Oh what am I thinking I can do that. GO AWAY.
If he is posting a idea and the admins thinks that it is a good idea (and is on the main) why couldn't we say yeah nice but I don't going to help or we're trying with more people and maybe it's becoming sweet and really nice.
That's why I'm going to try and help.... I like good idea's but it's always dificult to start it all up.

IamAbe
December 5th, 2006, 20:20
i always wanted zelda to be more "rpg-ish" levels, abilities and that stuff :) funky if its true =)

sry, wasnt clear on that part. the 'rpgish' aspect is just gonna be

-more swords/possably other weapons, to chose from
-more tunics
-probably somthing like the rings in OoA/OoS or masks in MM

it'll be like the equip screen in OoT/MM

UnderPressure116
December 5th, 2006, 20:53
I can play piano and guitar and I've arranged my own Zelda remixes before, so if you need more help for music I'm here. I'm always more than happy to beta test and I can also help with artwork. PM me sometime. :-D

fenrir911
December 5th, 2006, 22:49
cool rpgish i like it, if you can, you think that you could like make a map/dungeon-maker for a release (im not saying the first one) but that would be great, and if its overhead, i could recreate oots map, and dungeons, if you input like a floor to floor non tranfer, (what i mean by that is like no black fade out, just like make it a new layer or something) then i could recreate it, yeah

Vibestar
December 5th, 2006, 23:22
Made this a while ago. Maybe something for the title??

salomon st
December 5th, 2006, 23:32
that will be awsome ...
a new zelda game

IamAbe
December 5th, 2006, 23:54
Made this a while ago. Maybe something for the title??

very nice.

havent come up with a title yet as i havent come up with a plot either. if anyone had suggestions post them or pm me. im looking for somthing drug related in a subtle way.

emuking
December 5th, 2006, 23:55
i love zelda games and i cant wait to see what you do with this game, will you have a beta to test out soon

IamAbe
December 6th, 2006, 00:05
i love zelda games and i cant wait to see what you do with this game, will you have a beta to test out soon

possably by the holidays, but maybe not till early january... as most developers say "when its ready"

Vibestar
December 6th, 2006, 00:09
can you use my help or not. I can only be a creative mind and a designer.
The splash also can be used if you want...

Psyflex
December 6th, 2006, 00:26
nice "drug related":thumbup:

IamAbe
December 6th, 2006, 02:50
can you use my help or not. I can only be a creative mind and a designer.
The splash also can be used if you want...

sure, any help is highly appreciated. i need a plot/title in addition to other things. im gonna start a thread eventually with a list of graphics,etc that i need.

m0th
December 6th, 2006, 02:50
Hey I like the idea of this game but yet again, its just another Zelda clone, theres like 20 of them for psp now, take my advice Iamabe, do something else, this game will probabily be played but it wont be downloaded as much as another game.

Try cloning Resident evil or crash.

EVEN BETTER...

...make a brand new game (RPG) from scratch using your own ideas and your talents to make a game nobody cound have thought of. copying off a game is good but pointless, making your own is unique and interesting...

Good luck anyway, if you want help Ill have a go at whatever you need :D

Veskgar lol your bound say that look at your location Hyrule lol.

I totally agree. Personally whenever I get my hands on a clone its either eh, nothing new, plays just like the original or the opposite.. wow the original is waay better than this! I think its just a bad idea to make clones. If someone made a movie called Star Battles and it was advertised as a clone of star wars... what kinda credability would it have?

i think its great you wanna make an rpgish zelda like game but rather than call it that, call it a realtime RPG, sounds tastier than zelda-clone.

If you need any help with Graphics PM me some things you need and Ill throw some stuff together for you to look at.

Good luck!

one winged angel
December 6th, 2006, 12:02
i can help with plot and story stuff

IamAbe
December 6th, 2006, 17:42
i can help with plot and story stuff

kool, PM me any ideas.

PS.(in response to sig) haha u dont smoke up :rofl:
(NOTE: j/k, drugs are bad and illegal... i do not support drug use)

IamAbe
December 8th, 2006, 01:30
i made a project thread. heres the link: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45327

Cap'n 1time
December 8th, 2006, 02:05
mmm sounds like graal online (back when it was cool).

Zion
December 31st, 2006, 15:19
Dont forget about linkens quest :p

carlitx
December 31st, 2006, 16:36
sounds good i'll be happy to beta test if you want. i'v playe alot of zeldas: LttP, OoC, MM, Oos(gbc),OoT(gbc), Zelda1, Zelda2, WW, and i'm curently playing the newest for my gamecube TP.

mathabc
March 6th, 2007, 23:42
can you make games for psp version.3.03 please, a game i want is mario64, and a emulator please

rolo_wwe
March 7th, 2007, 00:07
can you make games for psp version.3.03 please, a game i want is mario64, and a emulator please

Are you quite mad???? :rofl:

xg917
March 7th, 2007, 00:24
ur project is gona turn out really kool. about plot and story line, i would love to see MM or OoT story lines in these type of graphics. hehe, i would like it. and i love how u r adding on more items like more tunics/swords etc. :D

wwboy
March 11th, 2008, 19:43
minish cap is one of the best zelda games I know, so its not going to be easy to come even close to that