PDA

View Full Version : pspdev and lte3d- need help

dark heart
December 5th, 2006, 22:14
hey, can someone just run over what your supposed to do when you have to get the sdk, (presumedebly lte)
-exuse spelling- and put it in with pspdev, can someone just go over it with me cos i did exactly what they told me to do and it doesn't recognize the command; 'make' so i must of missed something that everyone else seems to know. :(

dark heart
December 6th, 2006, 05:06
will this grab your attentions??

i'm working in all my spare time to try and make a half-life game for psp, but don't get your hopes up because it's not gonna happen unless i get alittle help here.

i'm like a over time beaver held back by a big brick wall before a 5 story pile of wood.

like i said, -being the only person who has voulenteerd to try this- it's not gonna happen unless someone helps me with this set-back.

yaustar
December 6th, 2006, 13:40
You haven't edit the batch file to set the paths correctly or not running it at all within the same instance of the command prompt.

hankvonhelvete
December 6th, 2006, 15:59
GL. but why clone a game that already exists. if you manage to make it. you can take no credit for it.. try make something new.

dark heart
December 8th, 2006, 05:12
okey mabye it would be quicker if wrote up a small faq to tell me how to set this up and what i need, cos i followed the intructions as best to my ability.

and i would check what everyone else says about what they make of playing half-life on psp;)
half of me wants to send something that most of the population will enjoy, but apart from that i have always wanted to play half-life on a handheld console:)

besides, whats the point in making my own game if i don't earn anything? hey, mabye i might make something of my own later mabye, but i'd rather work on this before someone else does it and my work is in vain.

i was accually in the middle of making a game on my computer, but this oppertunity came up, i have everything i need to get half-life maps onto quake3 but i still need help with this pspdev stuff.

yaustar
December 8th, 2006, 10:27
http://forums.evilmana.com/index.php?topic=6.0

Steps 4 and 5.

LTE3d doesn't have anything to do with your problems yet.

dark heart
December 8th, 2006, 22:52
wow thanks, looks good! and thanks for going to the trouble, i'll just try it,

dark heart
December 9th, 2006, 22:07
aah! diddn't work! i think it's because i couldn't find one of those cygwin1.dll files can someone uplaod the aproapriet one? i'm using xp pro.

yaustar
December 10th, 2006, 03:02
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?cygwin1

dark heart
December 12th, 2006, 05:12
i admire your dedecation, i'll try this and if it works i can continue working on this.

dark heart
December 13th, 2006, 02:14
hit and miss, i would understand you giving up on this... i just can't understand what's wrong.

yaustar
December 13th, 2006, 13:33
Okay, what exactly is the problem at the moment?
Doesn't compile?
Complaining about missing dlls?
etc?

dark heart
December 14th, 2006, 10:37
ok, when i use the start bat, apon typing make kploit or in the case of that tut you gave me- make, i get an message that tells me that "make is an ureconized windows command"
and i just can't figger out what i've done wrong.
i even tried moving everything to c drive:confused:
it apears that it can't access what-ever's supposed to convert the files.

yaustar
December 14th, 2006, 12:10
Post up the contents of your batch file here and also I need the path to where you installed pspdev.

dark heart
December 15th, 2006, 09:01
ok my pspdev location is, H:/pspdev
and here's my batch file

yaustar
December 15th, 2006, 18:08
Tried Winzip and 7zip. Neither can uncompress it. I don't need the batch, just what written inside it.

dark heart
December 16th, 2006, 10:30
set path=%path%;x:\pspdev\bin
set PSPSDK=x:\pspdev\psp\sdk
cmd

yaustar
December 16th, 2006, 18:07
Should be

set path=%path%;H:\pspdev\bin
set PSPSDK=H:\pspdev\psp\sdk
cmd

dark heart
December 16th, 2006, 23:39
lol how could i have over looked that? ok i'll try that.

dark heart
December 17th, 2006, 00:51
it diddn't work... mabye you could upload your working set of pspdev files? like your pspdev. because i can't see this going my way.

yaustar
December 17th, 2006, 01:51
What didn't work? How didn't it work? What was the error message? When you double click on the start.bat file, are you typing make in there or opening up another Window?

If you literally follow this tutorial to the letter, you shouldn't have any problems:
http://forums.evilmana.com/index.php?topic=6.0

I don't use pspdev myself. I use DevkitPSP with the Code::Blocks IDE and pre compiled libraries.
http://www.psp-programming.com/forums/index.php?topic=1363.0

dark heart
December 17th, 2006, 03:48
the batch file, when i try to compile the preready eboots with the make kploit command is says that it doesn?t recognize the command, no i?m not opening up another window and i?m always in the same file.

p.s-can i use devkit with lte?

yaustar
December 17th, 2006, 03:57
You should be able use LTE with any PSP SDK in thoery.

What folders are in: H:\pspdev?

dark heart
December 17th, 2006, 22:59
really? mabye you could just post me a copy of yours if it isn't too much trouble, it does turn them into 1.5 eboots right?

well, if your saying what i think your saying, i got the stuff from the lib and incude from the lte engine, and put it in all the files in pspdev that are named include and lib just to be sure.

yaustar
December 17th, 2006, 23:07
I can't, it is too large to upload and on top of that, you still need to setup the compiler.

Follow the tutorial that I posted above [ http://www.psp-programming.com/forums/index.php?topic=1363.0 ] and you have the same setup as me.

You should be able use LTE with any PSP SDK in thoery.

What folders are in: H:\pspdev?

dark heart
December 18th, 2006, 00:36
i don't know what you mean by the folders that are in H:\pspdev, i thought you mean't the include and lib files.

and your sdk does 1.5 fw?

edit-

do i need code blocks too?

yaustar
December 18th, 2006, 00:52
Open up H:\pspdev in Windows Explorer and list all the folders that exist there or post up a screenshot if you still don't know what I mean.

All PSP SDKs just produce elf files, there is a program in the bin folder called pack-pbp.exe which creates the pbp file so the firmware version doesn't matter.

You can use any IDE, Dev-Cpp, Code Blocks, Visual Studio. It is just a matter of setting it up. I prefer Code Blocks since it is still actively developed and easiest to set up. If still want to ouse make files then you can still use GNU make with DevKitPSP. There are dozen ways to set up various compilers.

dark heart
December 18th, 2006, 22:53
okey, but there are a few downloads on the page in code blocks, wich one am i suposed to download?
sorry for being a newb.

yaustar
December 19th, 2006, 00:00
Download RC2 with the Mingw compiler. After that, get the nightly build version of the IDE and replace RC2 with it. Check the Wiki on how to do that.

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_Code::Blocks_nightly_bu ild_on_Windows

Open up H:\pspdev in Windows Explorer and list all the folders that exist there or post up a screenshot if you still don't know what I mean.

dark heart
December 19th, 2006, 00:22
aaah, don't worry about this, besides, what i'm trying make in lte is half-life, and half-life is already big enough without converting all the files to quake 3, which is required.

so i think i'll gonna try and convince some people to help finnish the quake 2 project.

because it would be alot easier and testing the pak would be a breeze cos i got quake 2.

perhaps i could get a group of coders together to help or something,

hey would you be interested? i know it's a long shot but quake 2 will be the best port so far!
and there could be mods and everything. imagine that.
plus the more people i get into it the quicker it gets done.

and whats more i promise right here that if it gets done i will make half-life for psp.