PDA

View Full Version : gpSP0.8 kai 2.5 - GBA Emulator for the PSP

wraggster
December 5th, 2006, 22:39
Tfact (http://www.tfact.jp/psp/wiki/) has released a new Unnoficial Version of Exophases excellent GBA Emulator for the PSP.

Heres whats new via translation

Because you think, that release it is not possible for a while in the Momotarou electric railway and the correspondence of FF6A, release it does once under present conditions

Modification point
vram bug correction when writing in (from 130 people)
sram size the bug correction of automatic operation and decision
Trouble correction of [kabii] (from 5/104 people)
Replacement of RL channel of sound (thanks 96 person)
Trouble correction of [medarotsutonabi] (thanks 5/104 person)

Simplicity/the [chito] functional addition whose bug is many
 Address 0x02000000~ (ewram) with, 0x03000000~ (iwram) it corresponds
 Only the rewriting 1byte correspondence
 File name is " ROM file name " .cht. Please put in the same place as the ROM file
 When ROM file name " rpg.gba " is, “rpg.cht " is

As for format of file

# comment line cord/code name: Address: byte data it is (hexadecimal).
 Example

#cheat test test 01:0200123 F: 6F
ON/OFF of search and [chito] of the cord/code is not possible yet.

for eLoader
 It corresponds to the division load of ROM above 8MB ROM above 8MB does not correspond to ZIP compression It sets to Clock Speed 300MHz/Bus Speed 150MHz

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Gold Line
December 5th, 2006, 22:47
so can you play pokemon emerald on the 2.80 eloader now?

mkbin
December 5th, 2006, 22:47
great work

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 5th, 2006, 22:54
Great work will wait for official updates tho had problems with previous versions.

Project.funky
December 5th, 2006, 23:05
all my pokemon games ruby and emerald just crash....and after slecting language screen on kingdom of hearts crash :(

adamos22
December 5th, 2006, 23:10
so can you play pokemon emerald on the 2.80 eloader now?

hyh?
there is a ver. only fro 1.0 and 1.5 , i`m think so ; /

paughthead
December 5th, 2006, 23:17
thanks so much :D

cdrdj
December 5th, 2006, 23:26
hyh?
there is a ver. only fro 1.0 and 1.5 , i`m think so ; /

There is an EL version

buildit92
December 5th, 2006, 23:36
you can use the xloader for the 2.80 and load this up using the 1.50. if the game wont load once in the GBA emulator it is probley messed up. the game not the GBA-PSP. pm me if u won't to "fix" the game, not the emulator. i can find better reliable sorces for the games.

flippednormal
December 5th, 2006, 23:37
Has anyone else had a problem with The Minish Cap crashing when trying to use your lantern on the Ice Palace Boss? It crashes everytime I try and light the lantern to burn the boss' tail...Does anyone know if this release will fix that? Thanks.

Ryupowerup
December 6th, 2006, 00:02
the bios could be the problem there a 2 different gba biso the good dump that the read me says to use and the ok dump the can be found use Google

the good dump is hard to find using google

ShuzzleBuzzle
December 6th, 2006, 00:07
If exophase happens to read this how is 0.9 coming along? No pressure but i'm sure we are all hoping it is something big after the three months wait :)

blaz3d
December 6th, 2006, 00:32
im goin to wait for another official release, dont really mind tho all the gba games i own work fine and thats all i really wanted!

nice work anyway, would be nice to see what exophase thinks of it.

peace

psphax
December 6th, 2006, 00:32
Has anyone else had a problem with The Minish Cap crashing when trying to use your lantern on the Ice Palace Boss? It crashes everytime I try and light the lantern to burn the boss' tail...Does anyone know if this release will fix that? Thanks.
Yes, I have had that same problem but I got passed it (don't know how) and now i cand get passed the big goron on the mountain here is what the crash says if anyone wants to see it

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/mike-the-big-bad-wolf/snap0005.jpg?t=1165365099

Tonx_9
December 6th, 2006, 00:54
hey i gots a 1.50 psp and most of my games runs perfectly at full speed....the sims urbz crashes and my guess is that is 32mb but my fav gba game runs perfectly POKEMON RUBY. im not sure if this is illegal so someone PM me if it is but i gots a gba bios file and willing to send to ppl who dont have one or cant find it so just pm me for one!

Zephyroth_drgs
December 6th, 2006, 03:16
Yes, I have had that same problem but I got passed it (don't know how) and now i cand get passed the big goron on the mountain here is what the crash says if anyone wants to see it

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/mike-the-big-bad-wolf/snap0005.jpg?t=1165365099

same problem here, cant pass the boss in the ice castle... any suggestion ?:confused:

delirumhappy
December 6th, 2006, 03:55
same problem here, cant pass the boss in the ice castle... any suggestion ?:confused:

only EQUIP the lantern to burn the tail UNDER 5 SECONDS!

prinnyhero
December 6th, 2006, 04:15
I got gpsp a while back, can anyone let me know if mario & luigi super star saga works with this yet?

Mr. Shizzy
December 6th, 2006, 09:02
hey i gots a 1.50 psp and most of my games runs perfectly at full speed....the sims urbz crashes and my guess is that is 32mb but my fav gba game runs perfectly POKEMON RUBY. im not sure if this is illegal so someone PM me if it is but i gots a gba bios file and willing to send to ppl who dont have one or cant find it so just pm me for one!

I would't send anything like that through DCEmu's PM system if I were you... :rolleyes:

To anyone whos tested this; is it worth my time installing? Or is it just marginal improvments?

Veskgar
December 6th, 2006, 11:02
I'm also eagerly awaiting another "official" release from Exophase.

If 1 or all of the following games can be played 100% eventually, that would really be something.

1.) Zelda - Minish Cap
2.) Super Mario Advance - Yoshi's Island
3.) Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga

But even if those games still have issues, gpSP is already one of the best EMU's for the PSP.

Exophase doesn't seem to like to release small updates frequently so I'm hoping that the long awaited next release will be something huge.

tophead420
December 6th, 2006, 13:09
o yay another unofficial release (sarcasm) lmao . when in the hell is an official release gonna happen all of these releases by this guy are always shit i cant understand and some of his release worked worse then gpSP v5 i mean cmon. Exophase bring use an update man please

Exoskeletor
December 6th, 2006, 13:20
does dragon ball works on this version?

Avenyet
December 6th, 2006, 14:05
emm small improvement still can't get past the opening cutscene on KH com got a little further though and it does seem to work a bit better on some other games like golden sun so good work but i would still like version 0.9...

Exophase
December 6th, 2006, 14:32
I'm also eagerly awaiting another "official" release from Exophase.

If 1 or all of the following games can be played 100% eventually, that would really be something.

1.) Zelda - Minish Cap
2.) Super Mario Advance - Yoshi's Island
3.) Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga

But even if those games still have issues, gpSP is already one of the best EMU's for the PSP.

Exophase doesn't seem to like to release small updates frequently so I'm hoping that the long awaited next release will be something huge.

#2 already works, use the right BIOS.

This release is annoying because half of the readme is illegible and unlike the previous ones he didn't release patches, so I have to diff it myself. Great.

Also, this cheat system is lame :P

I'm working HARD on the next official release of gpSP, of course I have to figure out Kai's updates and determine what I should reimplement, what I've already implemented, and what's pointless. It's annoying to basically be competing against someone else with my own emulator, he acts as if I've stopped working on it when in reality I'm spending a ton of time trying to get some things done which are a lot of work (far more work than he'll ever do)

JKKDARK
December 6th, 2006, 14:34
wow a new release :)

Exophase
December 6th, 2006, 14:57
Here's the readme_kai.txt which is more legible, and my commentary:

Bug correction of VRAM write (thanks Mr.130)
- No, you didn't fix it, you broke it. Obviously you don't understand how VRAM mirroring works in GBA, and you just opened up a potential memory error with it. Good going. Furthermore, what was changed affects VRAM read, not write.

Bug correction of SRAM size automatic operation
judgment
- This is something that will probably never come up in practice, but I fixed it already for 0.9.

Trouble correction of "Kirby Star Kagami no Daimeikyuu" (thanks Mr.5/Mr.104)
- I have no idea what he changed here for this.

replacement Right channel & Left channel (thanks Mr.96)
- Well of course this was reported like 1000 times, but for some reason not until after 0.8 was released. Obviously I fixed it for 0.9.

- Trouble correction of "Medarot Navi" (thanks Mr.5/Mr.104)
Same as Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, no idea what specifically was done to make this work.

The other change is the cheat system which like I said I think is crap, and I'm not going to waste my time implementing something if I'm not going to do it right. Even the implementation is poor, it tries to write to memory directly instead of using the memory handlers, which would make a lot more sense.

Here's a rough summary of all of the changes he's done to the source code since 0.8, looking through the diff:

- Buffer based writing functions for savestates
- Some "debug mode" to display a bunch of I/O registers.
- A "fix" to code that's never even used and was just in there for some tests I ran a very long time ago (cpu.c line 479)
- Multiple idle loops, and yet he doesn't actually use this even once in his game_config.txt; he probably caved in to that guy who was nagging me for this so he could try to hack Mario & Luigi to work (I doubt it would have ever worked)
- Sound buffer option in the menu, which IMO isn't very useful
- New screen scaling options, which IMO are ugly, but I'll probably implement them anyway
- Ability to assign the analog keys; I didn't look at his menu but it probably distorts the GUI layout the way he did it. I'd rather do this a different way.
- An unaligned write fix for the wave buffer, which was probably easy to find given a game that actually does 8bit writes to it (some Japan only Super Robot Wars games, apparently)
- Made the CPU halt on DMA IRQ -- this is a "fix" but the implementation is definitely not correct. Maybe the fix for those games?
- Crappy cheat system with crappy implementation.
- Clock speed and ROM buffer hacks for eLoader (could have at least had a version check at runtime instead of requiring a different EBOOT..)
- Broken VRAM mirroring.

psp_freak!!!
December 6th, 2006, 15:13
is there a cheat function?:D

Exophase
December 6th, 2006, 15:26
If exophase happens to read this how is 0.9 coming along? No pressure but i'm sure we are all hoping it is something big after the three months wait :)

Three months? Try two months, in two days.

JadaBloom
December 6th, 2006, 15:32
=/ I hate it when people piss off the devs that make emulation a reality for us honestly stop being so impatient. Btw wanted to say great emu man I use it over my m3 for some reason I just like it better on my psp dunno seems to run slightly faster then on actual hardware.

tophead420
December 6th, 2006, 16:05
Here's the readme_kai.txt which is more legible, and my commentary:

Bug correction of VRAM write (thanks Mr.130)
- No, you didn't fix it, you broke it. Obviously you don't understand how VRAM mirroring works in GBA, and you just opened up a potential memory error with it. Good going. Furthermore, what was changed affects VRAM read, not write.

Bug correction of SRAM size automatic operation
judgment
- This is something that will probably never come up in practice, but I fixed it already for 0.9.

Trouble correction of "Kirby Star Kagami no Daimeikyuu" (thanks Mr.5/Mr.104)
- I have no idea what he changed here for this.

replacement Right channel & Left channel (thanks Mr.96)
- Well of course this was reported like 1000 times, but for some reason not until after 0.8 was released. Obviously I fixed it for 0.9.

- Trouble correction of "Medarot Navi" (thanks Mr.5/Mr.104)
Same as Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, no idea what specifically was done to make this work.

The other change is the cheat system which like I said I think is crap, and I'm not going to waste my time implementing something if I'm not going to do it right. Even the implementation is poor, it tries to write to memory directly instead of using the memory handlers, which would make a lot more sense.

Here's a rough summary of all of the changes he's done to the source code since 0.8, looking through the diff:

- Buffer based writing functions for savestates
- Some "debug mode" to display a bunch of I/O registers.
- A "fix" to code that's never even used and was just in there for some tests I ran a very long time ago (cpu.c line 479)
- Multiple idle loops, and yet he doesn't actually use this even once in his game_config.txt; he probably caved in to that guy who was nagging me for this so he could try to hack Mario & Luigi to work (I doubt it would have ever worked)
- Sound buffer option in the menu, which IMO isn't very useful
- New screen scaling options, which IMO are ugly, but I'll probably implement them anyway
- Ability to assign the analog keys; I didn't look at his menu but it probably distorts the GUI layout the way he did it. I'd rather do this a different way.
- An unaligned write fix for the wave buffer, which was probably easy to find given a game that actually does 8bit writes to it (some Japan only Super Robot Wars games, apparently)
- Made the CPU halt on DMA IRQ -- this is a "fix" but the implementation is definitely not correct. Maybe the fix for those games?
- Crappy cheat system with crappy implementation.
- Clock speed and ROM buffer hacks for eLoader (could have at least had a version check at runtime instead of requiring a different EBOOT..)
- Broken VRAM mirroring.

its nice to see your still working on it which i knew you were but ye i have to agree the kai updates have all been crap and he wasnt to clear on what he "fixed" every update he has released had sh** that i didnt know was changed nothing really usefull as you said but im waiting for the official release from you which you know what your doing and you know your ass from a whole in the ground to bad the same couldnt be said about this guy keep it up Exophase

SpacemanSpiff
December 6th, 2006, 17:12
Hachiemon (fun Japan-only platformer) crashes frequently on the official version, but I managed to play through two levels on this version without having it crash. So its not like this update is completely worthless.

Gold Line
December 6th, 2006, 17:14
I try to play pokemon emerald and it crashes (useing the 2.80 eloader)

Veskgar
December 6th, 2006, 18:06
Yoshi's Island already works, use the right BIOS.

I'm working HARD on the next official release of gpSP, of course I have to figure out Kai's updates and determine what I should reimplement, what I've already implemented, and what's pointless. It's annoying to basically be competing against someone else with my own emulator, he acts as if I've stopped working on it when in reality I'm spending a ton of time trying to get some things done which are a lot of work (far more work than he'll ever do)

Thanks for confirming that Yoshi's Island works. However, after the bonus game after world 1-1 I got a message saying "Could Not Save To Game A" and I could not progress. I had to reset the game. Trying again without playing the bonus game I was able to advance to world 1-2.

Anyway, I have to agree that these "unofficial" releases are annoying. With the PSP homebrew scene now at its normal blistering fast pace again, its only natural that people may seem to be pushy about the next release of such major projects as gpSP. But hey, you don't owe us anything Exophase. Take your time, enjoy life, etc. Just reading that you have been working hard on gpSP more than makes my day.

As long as Exophase is working on gpSP, I don't think I'll ever mess with any unofficial release.

Thanks again for all of your hard work and effort Exophase.

Nookadum
December 6th, 2006, 19:11
Wow, this release fixes Hachiemon! :D

Adamuko
December 6th, 2006, 19:40
Exophas is my hero, he is all like bam in ya face, you suck and I don't.
<3

matte_strand
December 6th, 2006, 22:46
hello, when I play golden sun the game restarts, sometimes, just like that?!?!

Help please, thanks

ebitiba
December 6th, 2006, 23:13
KH works for me!

xxcolbyxx
December 6th, 2006, 23:46
KH works for me!

How did you get KH to work?!?! Which version (U) or (UA) or w/e else did you use? I can't even start KH for me and all i get is a blank white screen :(

DPyro
December 6th, 2006, 23:50
Zelda - Minish Cap fully works now :)

ShuzzleBuzzle
December 7th, 2006, 00:06
Three months? Try two months, in two days.

I apologise, time seems to slow down when you are anticipating a release.

Veskgar
December 7th, 2006, 01:30
YES!!! Awesome news... I bet that whatever fixed it in this release could be implemented into the next "official" release.

Oh, Scurge - The Hive looks like a great GBA game but it doesn't work on the currentgpSP. Neither the USA or EUROPE release.

Exophase
December 7th, 2006, 02:48

What are these strange rumors?

LazerTag
December 7th, 2006, 03:01
It would be my "emulation" Christmas wish that DCEmu would stop supporting these half ass releases and wait for the real thing.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong here, preferably Exophase, but it seems to me stuff like this is more annoying to deal with then helpful? In my opinion releases like this are no worse then the noobs and idiots whom constantly ask about "when the next real version will be out?". And we know those types of comments are usually frowned upon. So really what makes this any better for the author to have to deal with?

So, at least for me, I will continue to wait for a real release that is quality. I will not support another coder whom doesn't abide by the guidelines the original coder would like to see followed. This version of gpSP will never touch my memory sticks. :P

SpacemanSpiff
December 7th, 2006, 03:40
This release plays Hachiemon without crashing, Exophase's last release doesn't. Therefore, this release is automatically better.

Exophase
December 7th, 2006, 03:41
Yes, I clearly don't like these releases that much. Unfortunately gpSP is GPL and people can release them whether I like it or not. I plainly asked in the FAQ for people not to do this, but when the forkers barely understand English (or don't at all) I guess there isn't much that can be done to deter them and get them to communicate with me more directly.

SpacemanSpiff
December 7th, 2006, 03:46
Why did you make your emulator open source in the first place if you didn't want other people working on it?

Exophase
December 7th, 2006, 04:02
Why did you make your emulator open source in the first place if you didn't want other people working on it?

I made it open source so people would be able to learn from it, report patches/suggestions to me, port it, and most importantly, so that if I stop working on it it won't die.

Not so people can compete with me in releasing it. That's just troublesome in a number of ways. I doubt you'll see the bigger picture though, since he happened to get lucky and make it play some obscure Japanese game that will most likely work in my next version anyway.

Maybe you don't know much about open source ettiquette, but it's very disrespectful to fork something without trying to work with the official releases.

Try to understand how it feels for me when I spend several hours debugging and implementing things, only to have someone reproduce some small fraction of my work and release it for me. Or, when they say they fix whatever, but don't document what they actually did, so I have to dig through diffs and try to determine what are real fixes, what they changed that they THOUGHT they were fixing, and what they're fixing with an incorrect implementation (basically potentially breaking something else at the same time). If they would have sent me an e-mail saying "I think your emulator is doing this wrong" then they could have left it to me to fix it the correct way.

Not to mention, I'm tired of everyone constantly asking me why I quit working on it (because afterall, someone else working on it implies that), tired of everyone asking me which version to use, and tired of all the half implemented/hacked features (like the cheat system in this release)

If you read where the FAQ talks about this you probably wouldn't have had to even ask.

Exophase
December 7th, 2006, 04:25
BTW, this talk about Zelda working sounds like nonsense, there are three fixes that Zelda needs, and I didn't see a single one of them in this source. The last one is something that could never be fixed easily, btw. You could wait for years and I doubt he'd come up with the correct solution.

If it gets past the second bug it's luck, nothing more, same reason 0.7 got past it. Not an actual fix, and it'll still be glitched up there, just different EBOOT = different behavior when it comes to bad memory reads.

Flare1748
December 7th, 2006, 04:29
so which one do i download cause i have v2.80, i used the gpSP_kai_25_15.zip and put the bios in it, i load roms they work fine if they smaller then 16mb still. i cant get pokemon or mario and luigi superstar saga working, is there something iam doing wrong?

mavsman4457
December 7th, 2006, 04:29
You guys need a human translator to talk to each other. What language does kai speak and can anyone translate for Exophase so he can sort some stuff out with kai?

Exophase
December 7th, 2006, 04:39
You guys need a human translator to talk to each other. What language does kai speak and can anyone translate for Exophase so he can sort some stuff out with kai?

Don't bother, if he cared he'd use google to translate like he always does. He sent me one e-mail once, but this was just repeating a changelog from a release he already made.

SpacemanSpiff
December 7th, 2006, 04:57
I made it open source so people would be able to learn from it, report patches/suggestions to me, port it, and most importantly, so that if I stop working on it it won't die.

Not so people can compete with me in releasing it. That's just troublesome in a number of ways. I doubt you'll see the bigger picture though, since he happened to get lucky and make it play some obscure Japanese game that will most likely work in my next version anyway.

Maybe you don't know much about open source ettiquette, but it's very disrespectful to fork something without trying to work with the official releases.

Try to understand how it feels for me when I spend several hours debugging and implementing things, only to have someone reproduce some small fraction of my work and release it for me. Or, when they say they fix whatever, but don't document what they actually did, so I have to dig through diffs and try to determine what are real fixes, what they changed that they THOUGHT they were fixing, and what they're fixing with an incorrect implementation (basically potentially breaking something else at the same time). If they would have sent me an e-mail saying "I think your emulator is doing this wrong" then they could have left it to me to fix it the correct way.

Not to mention, I'm tired of everyone constantly asking me why I quit working on it (because afterall, someone else working on it implies that), tired of everyone asking me which version to use, and tired of all the half implemented/hacked features (like the cheat system in this release)

If you read where the FAQ talks about this you probably wouldn't have had to even ask.

Thats nice but I don't think flaming the guy for not communicating with you is the best way to deal with the situation. Especially since he doesn't speak English.

As for the source code, couldn't you have just made it available upon request?

Flare1748
December 7th, 2006, 04:57
......i just tryed kingdom hearts chain of memories and that also doesent work still, this update is acting exactly like the offical one thatc ame out for 2.80.....

tophead420
December 7th, 2006, 06:16
ok if people would look around (its called search for a reason) in stead of just asking the only version of kindom hearts that will work is the EUROPEAN VERSION SO PLEASE STOP ASKING

alioh7
December 7th, 2006, 06:56
hello i downloaded the elgpsp kai 2.5 first time i tried the roms that didnt work in the last emu didnt but when i read the readme.txt i found out that unzipping 16+ roms and starting them works for me i have psp 2.80 and using kriek eloader and this versions works like a charm thank you for all ur hard work! ^^

ps. all the games that ppl have trouble playing work well on me zelda the minish cap and pokemon emerald and golden sun and so on.

Veskgar
December 7th, 2006, 13:07
Thats nice but I don't think flaming the guy for not communicating with you is the best way to deal with the situation. Especially since he doesn't speak English.
What most people don't understand is that an enormous amount of time & sacrifice went into making the "official" gpSP what it is today. Before 0.5 BETA shocked us all in August, this was already a 3 month or longer secret work in progress. Furthermore, be reminded that gpSP is written from scratch. The work involved in that undertaking is beyond a lot of peoples comprehension. SO think about it, if you spent 6 months or longer working very hard on something unique and original only to have it forked into unofficial releases confusing people new to PSP homebrew, you would probably feel very aggravated to say the least.

So if Exophase comes off a little hard on this guy, I think he's got good reason to. IMHO because gpSP is not just some quick port and an original work, I think ALL of Exophases wishes should be respected and adhered to.

so which one do i download cause i have v2.80, i used the gpSP_kai_25_15.zip and put the bios in it, i load roms they work fine if they smaller then 16mb still. i cant get pokemon or mario and luigi superstar saga working, is there something iam doing wrong?
Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga doesn't yet work on any version. Freezes at first encounter with Bowser.

Exophase
December 7th, 2006, 14:00

As for the source code, couldn't you have just made it available upon request?

You must not even know what flaming is. You asked a question, I answered it. I didn't insult the guy, I explained why forks like this (in general) frustrate me. Besides that, like you said, he doesn't speak English and probably doesn't go to these forums. My post was spoken generally, not directed specifically to Takka. If you have a better way of "dealing" with the situation I'd be thrilled to hear it. No, I'm sure you're going to blindly defend him because this release happens to benefit you. If it didn't have the (incorrectly done, should not be halting the CPU, this eats virtual cycles) fix to fix an obscure AND badly coded game (for anyone who does GBA dev, the game uses DMA IRQ on immediate DMAs, which is just wtf, but then again it feels like almost all GBA games do stupid things) then I doubt you'd be saying anything in this thread at all. Not that you'd actually be trying to see things from the bigger picture, you'd still be blowing off my explanations.

Making source code available on request introduces a tremendous amount of additional work and hardly lets people casually view it, nor does it take care of what happens if I die tomorrow.

LazerTag
December 7th, 2006, 15:12
Exophase, Thanks for taking time to reply yourself. If it helps at all when you do sit down to work on your project, keep in mind that I'm sure there are many "purists" like myself whom would rather have quality over quantity any day. ;)

thanks for the great emulator!

SpacemanSpiff
December 7th, 2006, 15:32
You must not even know what flaming is. You asked a question, I answered it. I didn't insult the guy, I explained why forks like this (in general) frustrate me. Besides that, like you said, he doesn't speak English and probably doesn't go to these forums. My post was spoken generally, not directed specifically to Takka. If you have a better way of "dealing" with the situation I'd be thrilled to hear it. No, I'm sure you're going to blindly defend him because this release happens to benefit you. If it didn't have the (incorrectly done, should not be halting the CPU, this eats virtual cycles) fix to fix an obscure AND badly coded game (for anyone who does GBA dev, the game uses DMA IRQ on immediate DMAs, which is just wtf, but then again it feels like almost all GBA games do stupid things) then I doubt you'd be saying anything in this thread at all. Not that you'd actually be trying to see things from the bigger picture, you'd still be blowing off my explanations.

Making source code available on request introduces a tremendous amount of additional work and hardly lets people casually view it, nor does it take care of what happens if I die tomorrow.

All I'm saying is you come across as very whiny and arrogant when you complain about the way he handles certain things in the emulator. Even if you can't set up a way to communicate with him about these issues then you don't have to be a jerk about it.

quzar
December 7th, 2006, 15:36
I figured I might as well say this in a public thread because I feel this is an important stance. I feel that it is extremely good, giving, virtuous, and gracious of you to maintain this under the GPL. Not only are you providing this to the world and allowing all access, but you are putting up with it when people disrespect your wishes with it.

It's people like you that make open source work. Thank you.

Exophase
December 7th, 2006, 17:11
All I'm saying is you come across as very whiny and arrogant when you complain about the way he handles certain things in the emulator. Even if you can't set up a way to communicate with him about these issues then you don't have to be a jerk about it.

Hm, but are you sure you understand the things I'm "whining" about? It's easy to say it comes off as arrogant that I'm saying he's doing certain things incorrectly if you can't confirm it for yourself. Sure, it works in some cases, but it could hurt things in other cases. You can say whatever you want about someone's involvement, but nothing will change the fact that making core modifications to a project is best left to people who completely understand every aspect of that project.

You know, as a rule of thumb I think if you can't respect someone (or aren't paying them) then you really have no business using their software. I'm just saying, I'm not developing anything for my own gratification but for individuals like yourself and that's it.. I'm not really flaming him for being critical of how my project is handled, but you are actually flaming me, and you'll probably continue using what's a majority my work. Or maybe you think Takka did most of the work in the binaries he releases?

SpacemanSpiff
December 7th, 2006, 18:38
I'm not flaming you, you just come across as a jerk in most of your posts I've read. You remind me of that Jimmy Fallon IT character on SNL.

markbarkins
December 7th, 2006, 19:11
Wow, Spaceman, I can't belive you're saying this shite.

Exophase coded this emulator from scratch. He didn't get paid for it. He gave the psp community fullspeed GBA emulation for free, something which many would have gladly paid for. He released the source code in order to protect OUR interests even though it could've, and did, have some frustrating effects for himself.

And then he makes some very reasonable criticisms, and expresses some very reasonable frustration in seeing how his requests regarding HIS WORK are being ignored.

And yet you somehow justify some very unreasonable, uninformed criticisms of Exophase, while you happily play fullspeed GBA on your psp.

Who's the jerk here?

blaz3d
December 7th, 2006, 20:39

dont say that, not even in example!:p

id like to say thanks exophase, because the state of your last release far surpasses, anything this coder will ever acomplish.

Good luck with the next release!

felonyr301
December 7th, 2006, 21:35
exophase love your emulator and understand why you saying what your saying and I dont ever download unofficial "work"but my impatient ass had to try this because im dying to finally beat zelda minish cap and I have to say i got past the part with the goron and dont know if something was suppose to happen because one spot the goron is there and then next its gone, maybe whatever he did avoided it instead of fixing it but did get past the hang part but cant wait for 0.9 though thank you for your hard work and if there is something that has been past instead of fixed Im sure you will point it out.

Exophase
December 7th, 2006, 23:48
exophase love your emulator and understand why you saying what your saying and I dont ever download unofficial "work"but my impatient ass had to try this because im dying to finally beat zelda minish cap and I have to say i got past the part with the goron and dont know if something was suppose to happen because one spot the goron is there and then next its gone, maybe whatever he did avoided it instead of fixing it but did get past the hang part but cant wait for 0.9 though thank you for your hard work and if there is something that has been past instead of fixed Im sure you will point it out.

Like I said, he didn't do anything for that. It's just luck. Unfortunately, there's a part in the final dungeon that will most likely crash for you.

ebitiba
December 7th, 2006, 23:59
i got KH:Chain of Memories(U) working just by loading the UNZIPPED game. It doesnt work for me if it is in a zipped or rar file. Of course there are some graphical errors during the cutscenes but everything else is pretty much flawless.

Veskgar
December 8th, 2006, 01:43
Oh gosh... Don't even joke about that man.

Exophase makes a good point in saying that unless people fully understand fully why he is critical of the way this release was coded or "forked" then you can't really understand his mindset.

The code that makes up gpSP must be extremely
complex, making it very easy to break something while attempting to fix something else. If not coded & implemented the right way then it will cause more harm than good in the long run.

Exophase obviously knows his shit! And he doesn't post some vague criticism. He backs his opinions up with technical facts about the code and workings of his emulator and GBA emulation. And if he comes across as a jerk to some, owell. For the very reason some might consider him a jerk, he will be respected for being strong minded and not backing down when it comes to his wishes regarding his project.

Mr. Shizzy
December 9th, 2006, 09:46
I'm not flaming you, you just come across as a jerk in most of your posts I've read. You remind me of that Jimmy Fallon IT character on SNL.

Dude, STFU and get the hell out of this site. I gotta say this is absolutley rediculous. :mad: Who are you to speak to an elite scene coder like that? It's unappreciative scumbags like you who drive off our top coders, and kill the homebrew scene. /your probably some snot nosed 12 year old who can barley figure out how to load a rom, (let alone code an emulator) Your in this thread getting rude and spamming at the same time. I've reported your bad posts. Don't come around here again until you smarten up. :mad: :mad:

Exophase- I apoligise for this idiot. Please don't let a few morons like this ruin it for everybody. Thank you for all your hard work. :) The scene could never repay you. :)

Tideuz
December 9th, 2006, 19:13
I agree with you Mr. Shizzy but theres no reason to insult him o.o but yeah keep up the good work Exophase

Zin0099
December 12th, 2006, 23:57
I have firmware 3.02 and almost ran. I get to the part ware it uploads and the screen turns black (Like its going work) and then goes back to home screen