PDA

View Full Version : CPS2PSP2 1.3 is out 100% FULL SPEED!! Also CPS1 and NeoGeo MVS Emulators updated

suddene
December 5th, 2006, 22:41
Great new release from NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp), Neogeo cpsp2psp 2 and 1 HE RELEASED all 3 new versions…. READ THIS:

Don’t know, it's been like a day or so and I cant see any news anywhere on this Release... but I tell you one thing, there is NO LAG WHATSOEVER in any game now, even Marvel vs.Capcom: Clash of the Superheroes, There is no Slow pause AYWHERE, when I change to my 2nd character, it’s Perfect, no slow down, when I do a super duper super there is no slowdown, Am i bull****ting? NOPE. So far, playing ALL the Street fighter, Marvel< Xmen Games have been Perfect. I am talking about FULL screen too, I guess when you think NJ has pushed the possible limits, he does it again, and how was it done? I couldn't tell you in his wording because I unfortunately read Japanese. But, just scanning his release info and trying to understand what’s different I realized what the change is... Strange it wasn't thought of before, it did a miracle all the games... basically he says to take the “gamename_cache.zip” and just extract it in the Cache folder in a directory named the same... so if u had sfa2_cache.zip in the cache folder. Extract it to the cache folder in a folder called "sfa2_cache”, delete the .zip to save space. It increased the cache size when extracting about 3 times, still worth it (most of my 10 Meg cache zips after extracting were about 30megs) and they take a good while extracting on the psp so many files. Anyway, you run the emu, load the game, when it gets to that part loading where it takes a bit to load the cache, it is INSTANT, BAMMM! oh my god, playing CLASH MARVEL everything WEAS PERFECT, as perfect as playing a Real PSP GAME like Street fighter alpha 3 max.. The menu where u choose the characters, SMooth, sound, no lag whatsoever, anyway, just wanted to vent out this 1 day old oversight which I personally should be top news up there with DH 5.1 and DA 271sec... Oh wait, forgot to mention, he also released a new NEOGEO emulator with the same new method... SVC is Friggen PERFECT NOW! (Except the sound )
Anyway, my settings in case anyone needs them, they are default, except raster is off and screen size is MAXed out... disable frameskip, 0 frames…

NJ , Thank YOU!!

Download and Give Feedback on all 3 Emulators via the Comments

thairacer
December 5th, 2006, 23:03
fantastic !!!!!!!!!!! thanks !! for the news !!!!! i try now !!

fenrir911
December 5th, 2006, 23:37
im not sure, is that his site?

Napalm-Death
December 5th, 2006, 23:41
Yes, it is his site. I will be trying this shortly, thanks for the news!

wraggster
December 5th, 2006, 23:54
thanks for the news :)

shunsai
December 6th, 2006, 00:09
dream... come... true!!! can't say thanks enough to NJ for this update. i look forward to dusting off my psp and trying it when i get home from work. a little wary about the tripled cache size, but then again, if it runs at 100% as a result, who am i to complain. great news! and thanx again NJ! :D

side question: i don't remember any lag or problems with CPS1... was it not 100% before? anyone seen a difference?

thairacer
December 6th, 2006, 00:12
look video it's fantastic !!!!!!!! wowowowowo
it's a dream !!!!!!!

http://dl-3.free.fr/52616e646f6d4956814381746ae8353618dad8dbff5082d3c9 6e7e6101f219e3/CPS2-1.3.avi

booster, nj, and ps1p are the best !!!! :thumbup:

John Vattic
December 6th, 2006, 00:12
very cool

cdrdj
December 6th, 2006, 00:19
Hey, i'm kinda new to these emus. I've only tried out the MVS one. Is MVS the most advanced, in terms of the system, not the emu? Also, which has the better games?

Plowking
December 6th, 2006, 00:25
Its 100% what he says it is.

100%

yourpuertoricanpapi
December 6th, 2006, 00:52
hey how can i get neogeo roms to work i can get both capcom ones to work but not the neogeo one it keeps saying cant find bios

shunsai
December 6th, 2006, 01:03
this doesn't by any chance incorporate the wifi ability that mikedx worked on, does it? was mikedx's version ever released? i don't remember...

yourpuertoricanpapi
December 6th, 2006, 01:09
did you get your neogeo working man

xiringu
December 6th, 2006, 01:12
NJ please do mame now :p

amazing stuff

kiariki
December 6th, 2006, 01:13
Wait a second, is this Neo-Geo Pocket? Something deep down is telling me I'm making an uber fool of myself asking this...

Chrice
December 6th, 2006, 01:15
You get the cache by using the converter, yes??

If so no fun for us mac users!! :(

mcleod
December 6th, 2006, 01:40
Omg man ive been testing out all the games i had they are all working in full speed this is worderfull .. sf2 & 3 full speed MvC full speed really all the VS games O.O

darthhaze420
December 6th, 2006, 01:44
i have 1.50 is it best for me to use kernel or not and mcleod did you say you have sf3

mcleod
December 6th, 2006, 01:48
yeah use kernel if you have 1.50 , from the last time did make a difference .. but i havent tested the other mode ... i always go with the kernel ... and yes i have sf3

gemini26
December 6th, 2006, 01:50
Wow, it makes a huge improvement. I'm totally impressed!

danastasiei
December 6th, 2006, 01:59
Can I find free ROMs for CPS2? I have downloaded some games containing different files, but none a rom.

suddene
December 6th, 2006, 02:01
“Hey, I’m kind of new to these emus. I've only tried out the MVS one. Is MVS the most advanced, in terms of the system, not the emu? Also, which has the better games?
_____”
Depends, I think CPSP is more advanced since it was arcade only, for games like Marvel vs. Capcom, Xmen vs. Street fighter, Street Fighter Alpha 3. MVS I believe was both Arcade and Home console ( Neo Geo) it’s could possible be more advanced not sure, but there are lot’s more games on that system, i.e. King Of Fighters series,Fatal Fury series, Metal Slug, Fighters History, ,more of a variety, but the newest games, on MVS all run perfect on the new version, even SVC CHAOS, ( the great Street fighter VS Neo Geo characters one with a more “ Darker,Mature” street fighter type, the only drawback on MVS is thenewest games at the moment, like SVC CHAOS, Samurai Showdowm 6 or 5, KOF 2003 do not have sound

“hey how can I get neogeo roms to work I can get both Capcom ones to work but not the neogeo one it keeps saying cant find bios”

They all work, you got to have a neogeo.zip in the roms folder with the neogeo BIOS, u can shove all released bios in one zip and then u will be able to choose a bios for the games, I put all versions of Unibios in the zip too, with that I can menu call and choose the built in UNI BIOS cheats, like Bouncy Mai in SVC and to unlock like 10 more Street fighter characters at select screen
My neogeo.zip has these: sp-e.sp1, 000-lo.lo, aes-bios.bin, asia-s3.rom, sfix.sfxsm1.sm1, sp-e.sp1, sp-j2.rom, sp-s.sp1, sp-s2.sp1, uni-bios.10, uni-bios.11
Uni-bios.12, uni-bios.13, uni-bios.21, uni-bios.22 (the last six are the uni bios, I put all versions in the zip and just renamed the extensions to the versions, so uni-bios.10 is 1.0, uni-bios.13 is 1.3, uni-bios.22 is 2.2 etc. The emu read them like that and lets u choose any of the versions, why? Because some versions have different cheats built in I believe.

“This doesn't by any chance incorporate the wifi ability that mikedx worked on, does it? was mikedx's version ever released? i don't remember...”

It doesn’t. I don’t think the wifi one has been released, But hopefully MikeDX adds it to this version would be great

“did you get your neogeo working man”
Yup,

“Wait a second, is this Neo-Geo Pocket? Something deep down is telling me I'm making an uber fool of myself asking this...”

It’s the neogeo console and arcade system thingy, with all the greatest neo geo fighting games they are known for, the CPSP2 is the Capcom system emulator arcade emu thingy that was what powered the Street fighter alpha series in the arcades, along with the XMEN, MARVEL VS street fighter series and some other games too. If you haven’t tried the cpsp2 on psp yet, you should, the games look as good if not better ( and smoother ) than many true PSP GAMES.. ( think Street Fighter alpha 3 maX)

“You get the cache by using the converter, yes??”
If so no fun for us mac users!!
Ya, u gotta cache them , then unzip the cache it makes into a folder, also if u want to save space, open the actual GAME Rom and delete like .13 to .20 of the BIN or ROM files, it will delete what it doesn’t use In the Rom, and save u tons of space
MAC? Sucks, can’t u run like a virtual dos program,

Adamuko
December 6th, 2006, 02:04
bullshit, it runs better but far from 100%. Someone slay the knewbs.

M!ckeY
December 6th, 2006, 02:07
This is great i can't wait to try it out. Great work!! :D

yourpuertoricanpapi
December 6th, 2006, 02:13
iam having the same problem with the neogeo it keeps on saying cant find bios not found but its with the game plus the emu some please pm me and let me know how this works

pkmaximum
December 6th, 2006, 02:16
Hmmm this is great but 100% is still a bit of an exaggeration. It does run 100% don't get me wrong but there are time were slow downs occur =P. But then again no emulator is ever 100% perfect.

tunglashor
December 6th, 2006, 02:20
Adamuko - what games are you running where you don't get 100% speed? Cuz everything I've tried has been consistently 100%, confirmed by switching on Show FPS. Unless you have Raster Effects turned on... but only a noob wouldn't know that, right? :D

blacsupaman3
December 6th, 2006, 02:20
Aight I'm new to this one so I wanted to know how do I set this up on 1.5? I mean it's my first time installing the cps2psp2. Also how do you set up the Neo Geo one and where do the roms/games go? Thanks In Advance........

darthhaze420
December 6th, 2006, 02:22
yeah mvc runs 75% but every other game works fine

darthhaze420
December 6th, 2006, 02:24
you will get banned for asking for roms links

mungrin
December 6th, 2006, 02:25
Holy GOD!
im playing the MEtal Slugs and Street Fighter Alpha 3! Running smooth i cant believe this.I wish i could somehow find where to DL SVC Chaos.Im gonna try Garou and see how it is.

mcleod
December 6th, 2006, 02:28
I dont know whats wrong with your guys psp , but mine is working just fine , BUT WHO CARES this is a better improvement ... NJ you are the best .. little by little this emu is starting to be the best .

mungrin
December 6th, 2006, 02:33
GAROU runs 100% but no sound =(

tunglashor
December 6th, 2006, 02:34
for me mvc runs at 90%-100%, occasionally dipping as low as 75% but only briefly. It's near as dammit full speed, amazing stuff.

nemoseiya
December 6th, 2006, 02:36
Do any of this emus support adhoc mode???

kiariki
December 6th, 2006, 02:39
“Wait a second, is this Neo-Geo Pocket? Something deep down is telling me I'm making an uber fool of myself asking this...”

It’s the neogeo console and arcade system thingy, with all the greatest neo geo fighting games they are known for, the CPSP2 is the Capcom system emulator arcade emu thingy that was what powered the Street fighter alpha series in the arcades, along with the XMEN, MARVEL VS street fighter series and some other games too. If you haven’t tried the cpsp2 on psp yet, you should, the games look as good if not better ( and smoother ) than many true PSP GAMES.. ( think Street Fighter alpha 3 maX)

Oh. So this is the arcade version. I get it. I was thinking the same thing, which is why I "had a sinking feeling" as I wrote my question. I don't have enough time right now, but I'll check in on it, although I have no games to test it on.

Kvonx
December 6th, 2006, 02:40
how do i get it to work(play roms).........please im despret here!!!!! new user,hello some major help please:)

yourpuertoricanpapi
December 6th, 2006, 02:40
darthhaze420 hey man how did you get neogeo to work

yourpuertoricanpapi
December 6th, 2006, 02:41
what help do you need?

tunglashor
December 6th, 2006, 02:45
Here you go:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31448

darthhaze420
December 6th, 2006, 02:47
darthhaze420 hey man how did you get neogeo to work

you need to find the bios for it

Kvonx
December 6th, 2006, 02:51
gee thanks, chekin now!!

lumisi
December 6th, 2006, 02:58
I tried Progear and it's no where near full speed. This is the only game I tried, Raster effects off, even with fps down to -2 and 333mhz, still could not get full speed. Hope this game is the exception :)

luis_05
December 6th, 2006, 03:01
damn, im playing x-men vs. street fighter and its alomst flawless!! i cant complain!! thanks N.J

Kvonx
December 6th, 2006, 03:11
wait the games that work for cps2 are neogeo right????:confused:

Kvonx
December 6th, 2006, 03:11
well i got marvel vs capcom to work!!!

mungrin
December 6th, 2006, 03:13
wait the games that work for cps2 are neogeo right????:confused:

no CPS2 roms are for the CPS2 emulator

CPS1 roms are for the CPS1 emulatow

Neo Geo roms are for the MVS(Neo Geo) emulator.

All the roms are MAME roms however.

Hope i didnt confuse you.:thumbup:

Kvonx
December 6th, 2006, 03:19
thanks, i get it ..................i really get it!!!!!:) now i fell like an a$$:rofl:

Kvonx
December 6th, 2006, 03:23
wait, of all three emulators, which is workin tha best!!!

tunglashor
December 6th, 2006, 03:29
lumisi, progear runs at 100% for me... in fact even with raster effects on it barely ever drops below 95! You did unzip the cache and everything right?

mungrin
December 6th, 2006, 03:29
All u guys complaining can suck my nuts.Im playing Marvel vs Capcom 100% not 75% not 90%

100% bitches!

the new cache trick is what makes the difference.
All the vs games are perfect for me now,no lag no slowdown no loading or nothing.100% pure fast full screen action.

tunglashor
December 6th, 2006, 03:33
:D
but I bet if you turn on Show FPS you'll see it drops below 100% for a second or so now and then. You can't tell when you're playing though... it's 100% to the naked eye

repuken2
December 6th, 2006, 03:36
kof 2000 works perfect now!!!

btw you can delete the v roms (v1,v2,v3,v4 the sound roms unneeded) after the cache conversion, you save 16 mb by doing that.

what makes me think that maybe the cache converter makes cache files of the sound files too
wich is a space waste.

i wonder wich files might them be so i can del them?

if only mame used the non encrypted sets wich are 40mb zipped in the worst cases.

THANKS A LOT NJ!!!!!!!!!! YOU MADE ME HAPPY!!!
MANY THANKS THANKS!!!

siulmagic
December 6th, 2006, 03:37
this is just amazing omg

mungrin
December 6th, 2006, 03:38
:D
but I bet if you turn on Show FPS you'll see it drops below 100% for a second or so now and then. You can't tell when you're playing though... it's 100% to the naked eye

Ur probably right but its perfect to me.I dont notice anything slowing down at all.I never thought it would ever be this way.I remeber back when NJ was posting that CPS2 emu on a psp wasnt possible and look at it now.The CPS2 emus is far better that the eo Geo emu because the bigger games on the Neo dont have sound :mad:

repuken2
December 6th, 2006, 03:44
NeoGeo emu is a miracle man!!!

fitting 80++ mb game + 90mb cache = 170 mb on 20 mb of psps memory is an almost impossible task. That and the fact the it also deals with this files zipped makes the psp a wonderfull artifact.

i read somewhere that the psps's data width bus is 1024 bit (!!!),

what an amazing machine isn't it? : ))

mungrin
December 6th, 2006, 03:46
i still wish the big Neo games had sound!!!!!!

tunglashor
December 6th, 2006, 03:48
Ur probably right but its perfect to me.I dont notice anything slowing down at all.I never thought it would ever be this way.I remeber back when NJ was posting that CPS2 emu on a psp wasnt possible and look at it now.The CPS2 emus is far better that the eo Geo emu because the bigger games on the Neo dont have sound :mad:

Yeah I know, I couldn't believe how good the CPS2 emu was on its first release, never thought we'd get 100% speed out of it, amazing. I used to think SSF2 on the SNES emu was good and now I have the real thing at 100% speed!

Kvonx
December 6th, 2006, 03:54
tell me please, how i save....... how i widen da sceen and the controls, i only kno coin and start:(

mungrin
December 6th, 2006, 03:56
tell me please, how i save....... how i widen da sceen and the controls, i only kno coin and start:(

press start then coin together

grit
December 6th, 2006, 04:01
Great NJ!!! :D

How are the Metal Slug series running now? Faster?!

I can't test them myself right now..

blacsupaman3
December 6th, 2006, 04:01
Here you go:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31448

Thanks for the help, now I got one more question is this guide the same for the Neo Geo or is there a different one? I found a site with a hella lot of games I can play, but I'm really only gonna play Metal Slug and Street Fighter..... Thanks again......

cloudd
December 6th, 2006, 04:36
I really hope Garou gets sound it plays just sick now. I hope before xmas as I love psp on flights :D The psp is a mean machine with these emulators! Thanks NJ

delt31
December 6th, 2006, 04:40
does neo geo have sound yet for metal slug games 3-5?

b/c we had full speed metal slug with neo geo cd....so what is the big deal?? (and it has sound)

the capcom emu is amazing....

kando
December 6th, 2006, 04:43
far from 100%, but its a nice speed boost :)

darthhaze420
December 6th, 2006, 04:50
can mvspsp play svc chaos or a least capcom vs snk 1 or 2

Zombo
December 6th, 2006, 05:05
Honestly what are your settings for Marvel Vs Capcom to get it to play at full speed..honestly there hasn't been any inprovement for me.

psp_sfdm
December 6th, 2006, 05:07
I tried the CPS2PSP on the 2.71 sec and it's working great. I tried X-Men vs. Street Fighter and the game works really well, even if you put the CPU at 266 Mhz.

For those that see lag, it might be the type of memory stick you're using. I'm using the Ultra II memory stick from SanDisk and I don't notice a lag at all.

NJ, you're the man. Thanks for bringing some great emulators to everyone.

darthhaze420
December 6th, 2006, 05:08
it has got better no frameskip playing as is it is at 75-90% for me

darthhaze420
December 6th, 2006, 05:11
all my games are working 100% for cps2 except mvc but it is almost perfect my memory stick san disk pro duo

Zombo
December 6th, 2006, 05:14
Hmmm and that's exactly the same kind im using :P Please tell me the settings you used to get the games to run full speed

EDIT:The only game I can manage to get at full speed is Street Fighter Alpha 2

darthhaze420
December 6th, 2006, 05:30
rastor is off no frame skip thats it did u convert the games over or are you use the same cache

JadaBloom
December 6th, 2006, 05:37
I dunno about you but MvsC is working 100% for me you guys have the cache unzipped right cause if not the games only work at the speed they used to maybe a lil higher but about the same as before but when ur cache is unzipped they run 100%.

Oh wow I got Snk Vs Capcom to work sweet so f*cking sweet....

Gonna try diff roms later and see if I can get it to work with sound kinda like the MvsC trick. I wonder why NJ put those restrictions on certain roms ?

mungrin
December 6th, 2006, 06:02
I dunno about you but MvsC is working 100% for me you guys have the cache unzipped right cause if not the games only work at the speed they used to maybe a lil higher but about the same as before but when ur cache is unzipped they run 100%.

I think thats the key.I dont know what these guys are doing but my Capcom games are 100% and it is amazing.So you guys who are saying its not 100%,you are doing something wrong.

I cached them and did the unzip thing,that is what makes it faster i think.Ive been playing MVC all day and its perfect!

GUYS UNZIP YOUR CACHE FILES AND IT WILL RUN PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrowaX
December 6th, 2006, 06:57
I think thats the key.I dont know what these guys are doing but my Capcom games are 100% and it is amazing.So you guys who are saying its not 100%,you are doing something wrong.

I cached them and did the unzip thing,that is what makes it faster i think.Ive been playing MVC all day and its perfect!

GUYS UNZIP YOUR CACHE FILES AND IT WILL RUN PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what he is saying is right

1. extract the cache file in a folder with the same name as the game ex. mvscu = mvscu_cache so the directory will be cache/mvscu_cache and then just rip the files from 13 to 20 from the rom file to save room and delete the cache zip when you are done extracting to the folder to save more room. good luck sorry for the bad english

i had a feeling that is emulator was going to be perfect speed. my next guess was that Wifi multi player support soon.

OOKAMIFR
December 6th, 2006, 07:16
I have an idea tu suggest but I don't know if it's possible to make.

It's possible to make a converter can convert cache in a bin format and use cso compressor ?

It's because I think if the emulator can manage cso format for cache files It's maybe possible to win more space for cache files and keep increase speed emulation than cache unzipped.

Else, this methode to unzip is great and I say thank you to the developer for this emulator :)

digitalvampirex
December 6th, 2006, 07:28
Wow this emu is awesome, 100% full speed marvel vs capcom, i never thought i'd ever be playing it on psp full speed, thanks NJ! ^.^

kando
December 6th, 2006, 07:51
holy shiz once i extracted the cache i got 100% holy friggin crap...full speed mvc....

pibs
December 6th, 2006, 08:05
Wow i cannot believe how fast this game runs, it runs so great.

Thanks a bunch NJ

hey is there a Sega's Naomi emu for psp? i want mvsc2 soo bad lol

240-185
December 6th, 2006, 08:06
Can't convert my NeoGeo roms because I get this :

http://gilou82.free.fr/Vrac/OMG1111.png

OOKAMIFR
December 6th, 2006, 08:53
Can't convert my NeoGeo roms because I get this :

http://gilou82.free.fr/Vrac/OMG1111.png

You must have MAME roms version to make a cache file and make a cache file on your hard drive and not PSP, it's more fast.

b8a
December 6th, 2006, 08:57
Thanks for the news! Don't have time to try this out right now, but the prospect is very nice.

About the speed: I was wondering if maybe some people weren't getting different results because of different memory stick brands? Would be nice if all memory sticks gave the same performance.

OOKAMIFR
December 6th, 2006, 09:09
Thanks for the news! Don't have time to try this out right now, but the prospect is very nice.

About the speed: I was wondering if maybe some people weren't getting different results because of different memory stick brands? Would be nice if all memory sticks gave the same performance.

I have SONY 2GO HI-SPEED and I have a perfect emulation for CPS2 and KOF 2003 but no sound managed by the emulator

M-Lin
December 6th, 2006, 09:30

I think the different results were due to people not unzipping the cache file - when it is unzipped, CPS2 runs as well as down the arcade :thumbup:

amadeus
December 6th, 2006, 09:36
Anyone know of a OSX port of the Rom converter?

Realy want to try this out...

mr_nick666
December 6th, 2006, 10:06
Wow! :eek: This is great news :p Im going to have to make room for it on my memory stick again! :thumbup:

kenyol
December 6th, 2006, 10:49
Ok so i download the MVSPSP and tried the Kof 2003, the problem is when i try to run the roms it say "File not found or CRC32 not correct. BIOS(biosrom)". Any idea how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

suddene
December 6th, 2006, 11:36
Jadabloom what is the MVS sound trick could you explain? I will do anything to get any rate of sound from SVC

Ok so i download the MVSPSP and tried the Kof 2003, the problem is when i try to run the roms it say "File not found or CRC32 not correct. BIOS(biosrom)". Any idea how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

well, first, do you have the neogeo bios that is needed in the roms folder? neogeo.zip is what it needs to be, it can contain any AES bios, Uni bios , etc ( i put all bios in my zip, so when I am at the menu, i can press L and choose from any of those Bios.. ) that is probably the error you require that in the rom folder.... if you already have the correct neogeo.zip in place then try overview i guess: have you used the cache convert in the MVSPS package to create a cache the kof2003 ?( kof2003_cache.zip)? if you used the convertor and it actually made the cache, then 1. you have the correct rom to use, and 2. it might be your lack of a neogeo.zip in the roms folder. 3. have u put the kof2003_cache.zip file for each rom in the cache folder on the psp? if you did all that correctly it should at least start.. but to get the full speeds, u need to unpack the cache that was packed from the zip... into the cache folder retaing the same exact name as kof2003_cache.zip less the *.zip extension ( folder will be kof2003_cache. ) if you did all that already, and crc32 error still, maybe it's bad dump rom, but if rom converter packes the cache zip for you then you are using the correct rom, so could be something else, good luck

oh and if you guys are playing SVC CHaos, make sure you shove in the Universal Bios versions 1.3 to 2.3 in your neogeo.zip and choose the un bios when you load SVC` ( CHOOSE any region but choose CONSOLE not ARCADE) so you can then access the unibios Cheat menu and activate the hidden characters in the game, like evil ken, evil Dan, Athena, Megamans, homeboy, i forgot his name, some Demon, and alot more. ( name them uni-bios.13, uni-bios.21, uni-bios.22 with the .13 being uni bios 1.3, .22 being 2.2 and so on

Plowking
December 6th, 2006, 12:07
[QUOTE=psp_sfdm;295326]

For those that see lag, it might be the type of memory stick you're using. I'm using the Ultra II memory stick from SanDisk and I don't notice a lag at all.
QUOTE]

I agree, considering you unzipped your cache and still get lag, it would probably be the memory card.

Similar to how some people with the GBA emu kept getting a pause in Fire Emblem everytime they took a move (because it accesses the card to save after every move).

For me it IS 100%

kenyol
December 6th, 2006, 12:20
Jadabloom
well, first, do you have the neogeo bios that is needed in the roms folder? neogeo.zip is what it needs to be, it can contain any AES bios, Uni bios , etc ( i put all bios in my zip, so when I am at the menu, i can press L and choose from any of those Bios.. ) that is probably the error you require that in the rom folder.... if you already have the correct neogeo.zip in place then try overview i guess: have you used the cache convert in the MVSPS package to create a cache the kof2003 ?( kof2003_cache.zip)? if you used the convertor and it actually made the cache, then 1. you have the correct rom to use, and 2. it might be your lack of a neogeo.zip in the roms folder. 3. have u put the kof2003_cache.zip file for each rom in the cache folder on the psp? if you did all that correctly it should at least start.. but to get the full speeds, u need to unpack the cache that was packed from the zip... into the cache folder retaing the same exact name as kof2003_cache.zip less the *.zip extension ( folder will be kof2003_cache. ) if you did all that already, and crc32 error still, maybe it's bad dump rom, but if rom converter packes the cache zip for you then you are using the correct rom, so could be something else, good luck

oh and if you guys are playing SVC CHaos, make sure you shove in the Universal Bios versions 1.3 to 2.3 in your neogeo.zip and choose the un bios when you load SVC` ( CHOOSE any region but choose CONSOLE not ARCADE) so you can then access the unibios Cheat menu and activate the hidden characters in the game, like evil ken, evil Dan, Athena, Megamans, homeboy, i forgot his name, some Demon, and alot more. ( name them uni-bios.13, uni-bios.21, uni-bios.22 with the .13 being uni bios 1.3, .22 being 2.2 and so on

Oh its work now, the problem is i unzip the cache file without the original folder of kof2003_cache. Thanks for the reply.

JadaBloom
December 6th, 2006, 12:38
Well sadly I thought you could trick it into running another rom i.e. parent/clone roms But the way NJ has the roms flagged is that for SVC you can't it looks for the pcbjamma board ones and won't run them and it won't run the bootleg ones either sooo until he or someone talented enough changes the flags no sound.

delt31
December 6th, 2006, 12:58
can someone confirm the neo geo still doesn't have sound right?

Zombo
December 6th, 2006, 13:06
Oh silly me :P I didn't know you had to unzip them now....I feel like a n00b...but OMG Thanks for the help :D

Paiku
December 6th, 2006, 13:07
Wait a second, is this Neo-Geo Pocket? Something deep down is telling me I'm making an uber fool of myself asking this...

nope it's neo geo MVS, the real thing!
:thumbup:

SmashinGit
December 6th, 2006, 13:34
Excellent! :D

fabianosan
December 6th, 2006, 13:46
Bacana, bão sem base !

benn
December 6th, 2006, 14:15
is there an idiots guide to doing this? i stepped out from NJ stuff a while back to wait for this moment 100% speed. but now i feel intimidated rigging it all up again. does anyone have a step by step guide to setting it up or final files they can send me (NOT ROMS).
thanx - much appreciated.

darthhaze420
December 6th, 2006, 14:27
has anybody got SVC to work yet and if so how?

Hawq
December 6th, 2006, 15:46
Can I find free ROMs for CPS2? I have downloaded some games containing different files, but none a rom.Those are Xor files used to allow emulators to run the roms and no there are no free roms for the CPS2 system, I think theres a few homebrew Neo-Geo games though if you want to give them a go

Understandable
December 6th, 2006, 15:59
Omg!!!! This Is Nice... I Was Hopeing Save States For Dungeons & Dragons But This Is Even Better...to Bad Theres No Controller Configuration Im Not Use To L And R Buttons For Strong Attacks

Apoklepz
December 6th, 2006, 16:25
This is the best thing to happen to homebrew right now...no more lagging...SWEET!!! Thank you NJ!

...Now all we need is MikeDX's magical Wi-Fi finish...and one thing I would personally like, the ability to actually PAUSE the emu and map it to a desired button/combination...and also the ability to customize the menu Backgrounds, as already seen in NJ's Neo Geo CDZ emulator...there's sooooo much Capcom/Neo Geo Art I want to put up in these Emu's!!! Somebody please hear me out! NJ! MikeDX! Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssseeeee!!!!

lol...If you guys can't do us that favor, I still don't mind...These emus are already Top Caliber and that's what really matters.

Nocuddle
December 6th, 2006, 16:47
Im no expert on this, but I got a theory.

Look at Neo emulator, Nebula. It plays ROMS & capable to disable the music BG & uses real MP3 instead by detecting the Sound Code change. You can access this Sound Code thru Dipswitch. Just like NJ's NeoCD, it run so smoothly, no V roms processing.

DarthPaul
December 6th, 2006, 16:57
uhm...i really need a hand here,id been trying to use cpsp since it cames out from the first released,but i still dont know how to use it...i put my roms in the roms folder,yeah,and i make the cache and put in the cache folder...but when im going to emulate it says something like: "This game won't work. Dont bother."
can someone help me??

jeffred
December 6th, 2006, 17:05
Whats happend to metal slug 2. Mines gone all fuuny :(

geise69
December 6th, 2006, 17:08
uhm...i really need a hand here,id been trying to use cpsp since it cames out from the first released,but i still dont know how to use it...i put my roms in the roms folder,yeah,and i make the cache and put in the cache folder...but when im going to emulate it says something like: "This game won't work. Dont bother."
can someone help me??

Yeah there's a couple roms that just are not supported. No matter if you have the cache files or not. Try a different version of that rom. If the World version or Japanese version is not supported then try a US version, then re-cache it.

Also to everyone about the lag, it really is mainly because of the zipped cache reading constantly from the MS. Like people said, if you unzip it the game will one no problems. I am using a regular Sandisk 2 gb and had lag with zipped cache files for some games, not it runs pretty much perfect. Be aware though a 9 meg cache file for MVSC will be over 30 megs. Just do this for the games that need it and you'll be set. Also setting the sound in cps2 games to 11025Hz gets rid of some lag as well. To my knowledge there's really only a handfull of games that need unzipped cache files.

shedeus
December 6th, 2006, 17:10
hmmm.... definately not 100% (metal slug 2/progear still runs into quite a bit of slowdown) but a noticeable improvement nonetheless. kudos to NJ

DarthPaul
December 6th, 2006, 17:12
Yeah there's a couple roms that just are not supported. No matter if you have the cache files or not. Try a different version of that rom. If the World version or Japanese version is not supported then try a US version, then re-cache it.

Also to everyone about the lag, it really is mainly because of the zipped cache reading constantly from the MS. Like people said, if you unzip it the game will one no problems. I am using a regular Sandisk 2 gb and had lag with zipped cache files for some games, not it runs pretty much perfect. Be aware though a 9 meg cache file for MVSC will be over 30 megs. Just do this for the games that need it and you'll be set. Also setting the sound in cps2 games to 11025Hz gets rid of some lag as well. To my knowledge there's really only a handfull of games that need unzipped cache files.

yay!!! thanks a lot dude!! that fixed my problem,lol! its been so long...finally i can use my emulator.all thanks to you. thanks again man.:D

geise69
December 6th, 2006, 17:14
hmmm.... definately not 100% (metal slug 2/progear still runs into quite a bit of slowdown) but a noticeable improvement nonetheless. kudos to NJ

Those games even had slowdown on the actual arcade machine. It's not because of the emu.

mungrin
December 6th, 2006, 17:21
can someone help me??

yeah i had this problem with my Roms.Just put a u after the name.Example

mshvsf.zip rename to mshvsfu.zip do the same with cache and you will be good to go!

Apoklepz
December 6th, 2006, 17:24
You need to look at the files provided with the emulator. Let's take CPS2 for example....

There's two files called:

- zipname.cps2 -
displays the name of the game, how it should be called.zip in order to run and if it works or not.

- rominfo.cps2 -
gives a more technical view of how each game's sectors runs in the emulator...it also provides you with information on wich two or three game.zips you need to combine in order to make 1 game run.

Open these files with Notepad or any basic text editor...

For example, if you want to play Super Street Fighter II Turbo (USA), you will see that "zipname.cps2" tells you that it's called "ssf2tu.zip" and that unfortunately this "GAME_NOT_WORK"....Do not panic, as you'll also find that the (WORLD) version of this game is actually quite compatible, and it's called "ssf2t.zip"...So, you copy that name extension and head over to the next provided file called "rominfo.cps2" where you conduct a quick search with the name you copied and you'll see that "ssf2t, ssf2" make up the game you're looking for...."ssf2" being the original Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (WORLD)....

Next step is you need to acquire both files...sorry, you're on your own there....Forum policy sez so.

Once you have both of them, simply extract "ssf2.zip" and add the contents to "ssf2t.zip", which is the gamefile or rom that you want to complete....Take the final file and send it to the Converter...once you have the "ssf2t_cache.zip" file ready, you can proceed to put the two files in your PSP's memory stick ....cache file under cache folder and the completed rom file under roms folder...

Added tip...if you look at the cache process taking place, you'll notice a short list of files being processed...once you have your cache file ready, you can go ahead and delete the files you saw listed from the Rom file, to save more space on your Memory stick.

Another tip...as already stated in this release...unzipped cache files with a respective folder name (in this case it would be "ssf2t_cache" will benefit of NO LAGGING in-game...but will take up more MS space, so you decide.

Hope I helped :)

Gold Line
December 6th, 2006, 17:27
i need not want need! to play marvle vs capcom on my psp but when i go to load the ziped rom it just says dont bother loading this rom i done that cache thing and i think my rom is euro i need help!

Adamuko
December 6th, 2006, 17:30
I just wish he added sound to neogeo somehow, everything runs a lot better though with the new update.

DarthPaul
December 6th, 2006, 17:32
thanks everyone:)

DarthPaul
December 6th, 2006, 17:36
now thanks to NJ too. nice job:D

PSPFR3AK
December 6th, 2006, 17:37
whats this?

Apoklepz
December 6th, 2006, 17:48
i need not want need! to play marvle vs capcom on my psp but when i go to load the ziped rom it just says dont bother loading this rom i done that cache thing and i think my rom is euro i need help!

rename your original rom.zip file to mvscu.zip and cache it once more....lemme know if it works after that.:thumbup: ...it did for me

....and Neo Geo does support sound, some games don't because of low memory allocation, that's all...expect full sound support sometime in the future, though...I'm pretty sure it can be done.

DarthPaul
December 6th, 2006, 17:52
by the wat it isnt full speed...maybe its not working correctly because im doing what mungrin said.

Apoklepz
December 6th, 2006, 18:02
by the wat it isnt full speed...maybe its not working correctly because im doing what mungrin said.

make sure the cache file is not zipped...so instead of having a rom_cache.zip file inside your cache folder, extract the components of the rom_cache.zip and put them in a folder named the same, but without the .zip extension at the end...most times you just need to extract the .zip and it'll do the folder thing for you...If not, then go to the emulator menu START+SELECT and play with the game configuration settings, till you get it like you want it to run.

darthhaze420
December 6th, 2006, 18:13
has anybody got svc working ? i need some help with it

hmong
December 6th, 2006, 18:25
The CPS2 emulator is AWESOME!! Marvel vs Capcom is almost always running 60fps! I haven't tried any other games. I did try NeoGeo emulator, but I just can't get it to work. I tried SNK vs Capcom Chaos: I had svc.zip and svcplus.zip w/ svc_cache in cache folder, but just couldn't get it to work. I also tried other svc roms but didn't have any luck. If someone could plz help, Thx!

hmong
December 6th, 2006, 18:44
Can someone please help with the NeoGeo emulator, I'd really appreciate it.

kiariki
December 6th, 2006, 18:47
Ok, I 've read a few things about a certain converter. What's that about? And the famous cache thing? I'm going to investigate further right now, but I wanted to ask in case someone answers it before I find it.

fucht017
December 6th, 2006, 19:15
"basically he says to take the “gamename_cache.zip” and just extract it in the Cache folder in a directory named the same... so if u had sfa2_cache.zip in the cache folder. Extract it to the cache folder in a folder called "sfa2_cache”, delete the .zip to save space.".....Read it carefully,when you figured it out how to do it...then enjoy FULLspeed.:D

Gold Line
December 6th, 2006, 19:16
rename your original rom.zip file to mvscu.zip and cache it once more....lemme know if it works after that.:thumbup: ...it did for me

....and Neo Geo does support sound, some games don't because of low memory allocation, that's all...expect full sound support sometime in the future, though...I'm pretty sure it can be done.

It worked:thumbup: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Apoklepz
December 6th, 2006, 19:33
People trying to get SvC Chaos - SNK vs Capcom to work have to look out for the file named "svc.zip"(MVS) and then convert it so you get the cache file.

"svcpcb.zip" will not work in this Emulator...unless you combine it with the files on "svcpcba.zip" and then convert to get cache files.

In short:

If you have "svc.zip", simply convert...then put "svc.zip" in ROMS folder and extract "svc_cache.zip" to a folder named "svc_cache" and put that folder inside the CACHE folder.

If you have both "svcpcba.zip" and "svcpcb.zip":

-If you have Winrar...Drag and drop the files inside "svcpcb.zip" to "svcpcba.zip" and then convert your final "svcpcba.zip".
-Then put "svcpcba.zip" in ROMS folder.
-Extract the contents of "svcpcba_cache.zip" to a folder that you must name "svcpcba_cache"...then take that folder and put it inside the CACHE folder.

Hope this helps:)

hack.fool
December 6th, 2006, 19:44
great news!!!
thanx Nj now Marvel vs Capcom is the best title in my hands...Yoo

Gold Line
December 6th, 2006, 19:56
i want to play king of fighters 2000 on the negeo emu but when i put it in the cache thing it will not work need help again

Apoklepz
December 6th, 2006, 20:08
Do you have this rom "kof2000.zip"...or a different one?

sent you a PM.

M-Lin
December 6th, 2006, 20:29
Has anyone got ms5pcb to work on this? everything else runs like a dream - but I get a ROM error when starting metal slug 5 (worked fine on last release)

delt31
December 6th, 2006, 22:08
Ok guys - no one seems to answer this. the neo geo emu still has no sound right (music - sound effects)

kristneder
December 6th, 2006, 22:08
Hi. When I'm trying to use the converter on a file (zip file), an error appears.

"ERROR: ROM not found. (zip file name incorrect)"

What should the file name be? And will the Converter work for NeoGeo games? (I think it's one of those i'm trying - San Fransisco Rush / sfrush.zip)

If not - How will I make NeoGeo games work? - I think I've got a proper bios zip file, but how can I know for sure? - If anyone would be kindly enough to send me one, please PM me for my e-mail! =)

Thanks in advance! =)!

joshisposer
December 6th, 2006, 23:01
for neogeo games u need to use the mame version of the game. it's wierd but it works.

NovaKane
December 6th, 2006, 23:54
Oh crap! Where the hell have I been?! What a time to have a PSP. I know how to run the emus and everything. My only question is, do I need to make new cache files?

That's pretty much all I need to know. I'm too excited right now. This emu update caught me off gaurd lol. Thanks NJ. The legend does it...again.

joshisposer
December 7th, 2006, 01:12
you might as well, it takes like what, 5 mins. tops.

NovaKane
December 7th, 2006, 01:51
Thanks. One more question, the only advantage to extracting the cache file is for faster loading, right? Does extracting the cache make the rom run @ full speed? If not, I'd rather keep them zipped and save the space.

xXAlucard
December 7th, 2006, 01:57
Umm I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...or what options are wrong...Rasta effects are off, everything else is default (333 mhz etc...)...but everytime I run a rom like Marvel Vs Capcom: Clash of the Super Heroes, the FPS constantly drops like every few seconds...like it'll play perfectly for a few sec then drop. BTW the way I'm running it is by using the US version but naming it Mvscu.zip, same with cache...does that have something to do with it? Would the dual roms make it run 100% constantly? If so I'll have to hunt for a Euro version.

yourpuertoricanpapi
December 7th, 2006, 02:04
hey all neogeo is full speed plus has great sound good job nj and all that did there part if anybody has problems just pm me if iam on or send a message thanks all

NovaKane
December 7th, 2006, 04:02
Wow, I just tried it with the cache extracted for Marvel Vs. Capcom and it does run @ full speed. No slowdown @ all. This is f'n amazing! It takes up a little more space, but it is indeed worth it. I'll probably do this with a few other fighters, but everything else that already ran perfect before will stayed zipped.

hmong
December 7th, 2006, 04:58
Eh xXAlucard, you've got to have the parent rom mvsc.zip and the clone mvscu.zip. You cache convert the mvsc. In ur memory stick create a new folder in ur cache folder and name it mvsc_cache, then unzip ur cache.zip in the folder. It will unzip 500+ files and take like 4 to 5 some minutes. Then put both the roms in the roms folder. Launch mvscu in CPS2 and Enjoy!

hmong
December 7th, 2006, 05:55
People trying to get SvC Chaos - SNK vs Capcom to work have to look out for the file named "svc.zip"(MVS) and then convert it so you get the cache file.

"svcpcb.zip" will not work in this Emulator...unless you combine it with the files on "svcpcba.zip" and then convert to get cache files.

In short:

If you have "svc.zip", simply convert...then put "svc.zip" in ROMS folder and extract "svc_cache.zip" to a folder named "svc_cache" and put that folder inside the CACHE folder.

If you have both "svcpcba.zip" and "svcpcb.zip":

-If you have Winrar...Drag and drop the files inside "svcpcb.zip" to "svcpcba.zip" and then convert your final "svcpcba.zip".
-Then put "svcpcba.zip" in ROMS folder.
-Extract the contents of "svcpcba_cache.zip" to a folder that you must name "svcpcba_cache"...then take that folder and put it inside the CACHE folder.

Hope this helps:)

thanks a lot for the tip. i was gonna use my v1.5 for kernel neogeo but my brother took it. instead i used my v2.8 w/ new e/xloader and it worked perfect. the downside was it didnt have any sound. can someone confirm sound on v1.5. thx again, gonna try cps2 for 2.8 now... peace!

hmong
December 7th, 2006, 05:57
oh yeah by the way unzipping svc cache took over 7 minutes and it has 1000+ files, no joke:)

kristneder
December 7th, 2006, 06:13
How do one make cache files? - The converter won't work. :notcool:

What program do you use to make them? :confused:

blacsupaman3
December 7th, 2006, 08:15
Can someone tell me how to set up the Neo Geo Emulator??? Like is it set up just like the cp2psp as far as loading the games and cache files?? I'm kinda confused because I have some Neo Geo games but I don't know how to set it up. So if someone knows of a tutorial that explains it and gives details please lead me to the way or if someone knows how please help me out. Thanks In Advance....

cloudd
December 7th, 2006, 09:40
MVSPSP v1.31 is release WITH SOUND FULL SPEED

Garou & SNK Vs Capcom Chaos work 100% flawless with sound!!!

I am in AWW!!!:thumbñp:

NJ has given us all the best xmas ever!!!

someone just need to add adhoc to the emu;s for psp to psp 2 player support :D

Thanks NJ

THE PREDATOR
December 7th, 2006, 10:18
Just updated newest version of NeoGeo tried Shock Trooper 2 and Prehistoric Isle 2 both run at full speed and now with sound I'am sure all the Metal slug will have sound as well.

JadaBloom
December 7th, 2006, 10:19
Err duh an update disregard this post i'm a tool for not reading 1.31

Heh gonna have to use my 1 gig for my emu stick now =P thought that was gonna wait for the PS1 emu to be done but guess not =P

Man I love shock trooper 2 heh honestly NJ is a god for emulation everyone of his emu's has been perfect so far. Lets hope he goes for more arcade emus =)

Lol yaya samurai showdown 5 works flawless

Veskgar
December 7th, 2006, 11:34
Check out NJ's site! Another update.

Really, I mean what else is there to say? I'm literally speechless. I'm pretty sure NJ stated that he was all done a short while ago. And then we get even more great releases.

Thank you NJ!

THE PREDATOR
December 7th, 2006, 12:00
Metal Slug X,3,4,5 all run full speed with sound.I hope that NJ is going to make some more arcade emus.

Baboon
December 7th, 2006, 12:32
I've just got back from a mini holiday and I thought I'd check this site for any news ...and WOW - Full speed CPS2!

Truly amazing to be playing this on my PSP. I'll check out the Neo Geo emu when I get the chance.

Fookin unbelievable! :)

M-Lin
December 7th, 2006, 12:41
Just updated newest version of NeoGeo tried Shock Trooper 2 and Prehistoric Isle 2 both run at full speed and now with sound I'am sure all the Metal slug will have sound as well.

Metal Slug 3, 4, 5 and X run very fast and smooth, but still no sound :rolleyes:

delt31
December 7th, 2006, 13:08
Metal Slug 3, 4, 5 and X run very fast and smooth, but still no sound :rolleyes:

wonder why sound in other neogeo games but not metal slug

can someone else confirm?

jeffred
December 7th, 2006, 13:24
I have sound in all the games i've tried. Metal slug 1,2,3,4,5,X all have sound and top speed.

NJ is number 1 :)

Panini
December 7th, 2006, 14:13
I've got some of the bigger games to work perfect with sound now, but most of the previous games i had working on the last MVS no longer work - it keeps coming up with the error: 'error: CRC32 not correct'?

Anybody know how to fix this??

Baboon
December 7th, 2006, 14:35
I've got some of the bigger games to work perfect with sound now, but most of the previous games i had working on the last MVS no longer work - it keeps coming up with the error: 'error: CRC32 not correct'?

I'm also getting this problem. The newer and bigger games work fine (SVC chaos, kof 98, metal slug 5 etc) but if I try any of the smaller games (Burning Fight, bomberman etc) its craps out with that error??

It cant be the wrong bios cause some games do work??

darthhaze420
December 7th, 2006, 14:38
cps 2 working at 100% i got svc to work can anybody tell me how to get the sound to work i runs at 100% but no sound

darthhaze420
December 7th, 2006, 14:42

have you tried to redo the cache

jeffred
December 7th, 2006, 14:44

Having simular problem with smaller games. They load okay but then have major grafical probs. No doubt NJ will have this sorted soon and for now I can enjoy playing Metal slug 3 full speed with sound :D

Nocuddle
December 7th, 2006, 14:47
Wow didnt see this one coming.

Can sum1 upload the emu pls? I got this stupid chinese internet blocked NJ's site. :(

jeffred
December 7th, 2006, 14:59
I have just swapped to the non kernal version and this seems to allow all games to work :)

Nocuddle
December 7th, 2006, 16:00
Ok, got the emu & tested Mslug3.

Got my cache files (P, C, S roms), then I went delete all contents in mslug3.zip except m1.rom & sma.rom.

LOL it worked.

Chuthbert
December 7th, 2006, 16:10
Problem: When I start a game and then go into the emu menu (start+select) and then select "return to game" my psp shows a blank screen and then shuts off. I didn't have this problem at first, but now I am.

This is really annoying, espically because he mixed up the default NeoGeo buttons to what I'm used to. Has anyone else had this problem?

Baboon
December 7th, 2006, 17:01
I have just swapped to the non kernal version and this seems to allow all games to work :)

Yep this version does work fine. :D

mungrin
December 7th, 2006, 17:27
Yeah i got the update of the Neo emulator.Amazing.I dont know how he did it.All the games have sound.Im playing SVC with sound .AMAZING!!

Nocuddle
December 7th, 2006, 17:42
Prolly easy LOL.
Notice, it is out of the ZIP. So no need to decompress. Just like NeoCD.

He should have done this earlier. Better late than nothing. :)

delt31
December 7th, 2006, 19:59
baboon - where is that robocop game from in your sig?

Baboon
December 7th, 2006, 20:16
baboon - where is that robocop game from in your sig?

The one in my sig is a quick photoshop job, but the game does look the same and plays very nicely on Mame4all (although the full screen mode looks a bit sketchy). :)

SmashinGit
December 7th, 2006, 20:20
NeoGeo 1.33 version just released!

kiariki
December 7th, 2006, 20:44
Problem: When I start a game and then go into the emu menu (start+select) and then select "return to game" my psp shows a blank screen and then shuts off. I didn't have this problem at first, but now I am.

This is really annoying, espically because he mixed up the default NeoGeo buttons to what I'm used to. Has anyone else had this problem?

You'll have to wait and see if NJ does like a sort of menu for his emulator. Besides, he wasn't thinking about you when he did these things- I'm sure of it! :D

And... I still haven't been able to try it out. >_>

Chuthbert
December 7th, 2006, 22:08
You'll have to wait and see if NJ does like a sort of menu for his emulator. Besides, he wasn't thinking about you when he did these things- I'm sure of it! :D

And... I still haven't been able to try it out. >_>
Doesn't really matter, I justed edited the ini file so I have the default settings I want. All this means is that I have to restart my PSP and do the exploit again if I want to change games. No big deal. Also, I just upgraded to ver 1.33. Seeing... and hearing... KOF2003 on my PSP brought a tear of happiness to my eyes. ;) I'm going to get a 4GB memory stick for Christmas now (currently have a 1GB hi-speed) just so I can cram as many KOF games on my PSP as I can. :cool:

DarthPaul
December 8th, 2006, 00:30
make sure the cache file is not zipped...so instead of having a rom_cache.zip file inside your cache folder, extract the components of the rom_cache.zip and put them in a folder named the same, but without the .zip extension at the end...most times you just need to extract the .zip and it'll do the folder thing for you...If not, then go to the emulator menu START+SELECT and play with the game configuration settings, till you get it like you want it to run.

:) thanks again dude,you are the man. that fixed my problem

blacsupaman3
December 8th, 2006, 09:31
Just wanted to add my Thanks for this....... I got alot of games running on it and I'm loving it...... I love emulators and I rarely play any of my ISO's LOL........

adamos22
December 8th, 2006, 10:41
there is new version of MVSPSP 1.42 (2006/12/08)
http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/

jvabbdac
December 8th, 2006, 21:46
Honestly what are your settings for Marvel Vs Capcom to get it to play at full speed..honestly there hasn't been any inprovement for me.

I can´t see any realy good improvement too ! I make new cache file for all games, but... I have a slowdow in some games like x-men or SF3 !

kiariki
December 8th, 2006, 22:06
What is the Neo Geo bios called? I have one called NeoGeo_Bios(.zip), but I've inserted it in cache and roms, and nothing. I'm going to try converting it. ::Nevermind, found out the answer in the Read-me.

Oi, and I was finally able to try out Street Fighter Alpha 3! It was schweet! I only had lag while the arena was loading- The actual fighting was perfect... And my cache was zipped! :D

hmong
December 9th, 2006, 01:53
How do one make cache files? - The converter won't work. :notcool:

What program do you use to make them? :confused:

u use the one that comes along w/ the emulator your using. it should be called something like romcnv_(emulator). Make sure u have the right roms too. ex. Marvel vs Capcom, find the parent rom named mvsc.zip and convert it. then find the clone mvscu.zip. in your memory stick in the emulator folder, put the cache in the cache folder & create a cache folder and name it mvsc_cache. unzip ur converted cache in there. now put both roms in the roms folder. open emulator and select mvscu and enjoy.

hmong
December 9th, 2006, 01:59
I can´t see any realy good improvement too ! I make new cache file for all games, but... I have a slowdow in some games like x-men or SF3 !

create a new folder in ur cache folder and name it (your rom's name)_cache. in that folder unzip your cache converted files. ex. Super Street Fighter II Turbo - x:/psp/game/cps2/cache/ssf2t_cache/ssf2t unzipped cache files. after unzip, delete ur cache.zip to save memory

Zombo
December 9th, 2006, 05:18

Yeah I just found out you just gotta cache them and unzip them you'll be blown away at how smooth this runs >_< Infact for the first few releases I only contained like 3-4 games but now I have atleast 20 :eek:

Anima229
December 9th, 2006, 12:48
Hey does any1 else have this issue I have with the x-men vs street fighter game in the new york stage,After the ground breaks my entire screen goes blocky but the game continues to play,Is there anyway to fix this?

shenske37
December 9th, 2006, 19:05
for some reason i have not been able to get sfa3 to work on cps2 but i have gotten other roms to work. can someone help me?

lindseyak
December 10th, 2006, 14:05
this is one of THE best emulators. VERY GOOD work NJ.
2 Thumbs way up.

only problem now is trying to get my pad to do the movements i want. Has anyone encountered that problem with thier psp?

Nocuddle
December 10th, 2006, 14:46
only problem now is trying to get my pad to do the movements i want. Has anyone encountered that problem with thier psp?

That is all PSP owner problem.

or another word is, PSP controller is t3h sh!tti3st!!! :p

Nopacnone
December 10th, 2006, 19:46
I've been trying to make mvspsp work for months, but ive never managed to ! It always starts loading a game then says "could not allocate memory for sptite data. try to use sprite cache". And i did convert my game so i dont understand what the problem is. Can somebody help me ??

blackwolf
December 11th, 2006, 13:16
I cant get Marvel VS capcom to run on the emulator. its still blacked out for me. Is there a reason for that. I red in the comments that MVC should work with no slow downs. If any one knows how to get it to run send me a PM.

lindseyak
December 11th, 2006, 17:33
oh and can sum1 tell me how to change it to full screen?

UchihaSasuke
December 12th, 2006, 01:34
Could please somebody upload a readme or something because the one included doenst explain nothing.

Sasuke.