PDA

View Full Version : Treasure of Pharaoh v0.1

wraggster
December 6th, 2006, 00:04
Snowymydog posted this news/release:

Hi, everybody. After 1 month of development, I'm here to presents my latest work - "Treasure of Pharaoh". This is my second homebrew for psp. I did all the graphics and coding. SFX from flashkit.com

"Treasure of Pharaoh" is a clone of "Lode Runner". For those of you who are too young to knew "Lode Runner". Please visit wikipedia.org. It's a classic game features in Gamespot's "Greatest game of all time".

Half action, half puzzle, 150 challenging levels of platform game. You act as a tomb raider, steals treasure inside a pyramid. Some treasure are located at places that is hard to reach. At the same time, Anubis will try their best to catch you. You do not have any weapon, all you can do is dig a hole to temporarily trap the Anubis. If the hole is refilled before the Anubis escapes. The Anubis will respawns at the
top of the screen at a random position. You must collect all the gems within the level and go to top of the screen to advance to next level. Remember, you're not the only one who collect the gems, the Anubis does too!

Control:
D-pad - move the player
Square - dig a hole at left
Circle - dig a hole at right
Start - pause the game

Special command:
Select+triangle - restart current level. Some maps are tricky, you'll have a chance to run into a place that you can't go out. Use this function to restart the current map, however, this will costs you 1life.

Select+R trigger - advance to next level. Costs 1 life.
L trigger - back to previous level. Don't costs life.

Something you might want to know:
1. Hi-Score and Options is not working at the moment.
2. The AI is not same as the original, some map may become impossible to complete. I'm begging you to report, I'll try to fix.
3. When a level is completed, game will be auto saved and you've got an extra life.
4. Some tiles are "fake floor", they look the same as the real ground, but you cannot dig on it. When you stand on it, it will drop to next floor. **THIS IS NOT A BUG**

Please feel free to comment. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD LINK:
Firmware 1.0-2.x: http://www.mediafire.com/?9oy411eyggz
Firmware 1.5:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fymzzynnofd

Screens Via Comments
via snowymydog (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1224416&postcount=1)

LazerTag
December 6th, 2006, 00:43
Looks really great.

Can't wait to try it out. Lode Runner for the C64 was one of my favorite titles at that time.

IamAbe
December 6th, 2006, 05:33
wow, amazing! much better than the gameboy version i used to play :D ! Keep up the good work!

LAMPRO
December 6th, 2006, 05:50
i had to turn my firewall off to get that.. notright.

but i grabbed it cuz i know all about loderunner homie. need this. classic.

mr_nick666
December 6th, 2006, 10:02
Fantastic! :D Lode Runner was a classic :p Looks really nice too ;) (I know I always say it but I love when people remake the classics :) - MANIC MINER *hint* *hint*)

zglut
December 6th, 2006, 21:46
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to run going through the eLoader. (2.71+Kriek)

Too bad...

snowymydog
December 7th, 2006, 03:20
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to run going through the eLoader. (2.71+Kriek)

Too bad...

I tested with devhook->2.71->eloader 0.9.9
Working fine.

maddog007
December 8th, 2006, 02:57
nice game, love it, thanks,
can't wait for the next release.

i remember the game, was playing it on apple 2.