PDA

View Full Version : Sony Release PSP Firmware v3.02: working on devhook 51 CONFIRMED

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 6th, 2006, 07:30
Damn Sony are getting fast! They have just released v3.02 of their firmware, perhaps the promptness has something to do with the new Devhook release which supports v3.01 emulation? In any case, it has been released and you can discuss this new firmware update which appears on the network update. Rumor has it that Devhook v0.51 is actually compatible with the newly released firmware.Another firmware another exploit ? or is this the one ? place your bets on how long before is deved !!! :).:rofl:

Update
CONFIRMED
3.02 RUNS ON DEHOOK 51 DECRYPT AND DUMP IN THE SAME WAY AS 3.01:thumbup: THANKS $ONY.oNLY THING I CANT GET TO WORK IS THE EXIT FEATURE.

Emeriastone has posted a video of firmware v3.02 running on his v1.50 psp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iRWR18UAY4

he says

I can confirm that this indeed DOES work -- I have this running on my 1.50 PSP. Make sure when installing that you use the uninstall flash1 files and then reinstall with the new ones.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 6th, 2006, 08:02
CONFIRMED
3.02 RUNS ON DEHOOK 51 DECRYPT AND DUMP IN THE SAME WAY AS 3.01:thumbup: THANKS $ONY.oNLY THING I CANT GET TO WORK IS THE EXIT FEATURE.

BlackJack23
December 6th, 2006, 11:42
Haha!

Nice one!

starman
December 6th, 2006, 11:52
ohh yeah.
suck it sony!

tophead420
December 6th, 2006, 11:52
lmao good job dood but when the hell was 3.02 released well anyways nice to see sonys finally lost its damn mind lmao

ExInferis
December 6th, 2006, 12:14
If 3.02 works with devhook I doubt thats the 'security hole' sony is refering to. If that then is the case it begs the question what is the security hole?

Is it possible sony has found an exploitable hole before the psp hacking community? If so can we find out what it is or in what general area it lies by comparing the difference between 3.01 and 3.02.

A lot of ifs but might be worth a look.

archangel1024
December 6th, 2006, 12:20
Sony got Pwned again!
I love it!

AlinayG
December 6th, 2006, 12:21
Very nice ;D

opiate81
December 6th, 2006, 12:25
Sony released an update for the PS3 as well so Im guessing its a security hole between the PSP and PS3

good news anyway :D

steve-b
December 6th, 2006, 12:36
3.02 data.psar is smaller than 3.01 data.psar.

I found that interesting.

jim80b
December 6th, 2006, 12:47
i heard it was to do with the certifs.

maybe the ps1 emu could have been ported easier than we thought
too bad theres not enough ps3's to do any testing lol

appie01
December 6th, 2006, 13:04
does cabelas african safari works with this firmware in devhook :confused:

wind_mill
December 6th, 2006, 13:27
3.02 data.psar is smaller than 3.01 data.psar.

I found that interesting.

Maybe sony is trying to reduce the amount of memory being used up in the psps flash??? Probably trying to see where they could save space so that later they could have room for more features in future updates?????? just a guess.....

P.S. My first Post!!

steve-b
December 6th, 2006, 13:32
either that or they took out some codec that had a security hole in it?
Firmware getting smaller is definitely a good thing since 2.71se-c takes up so much space. Perhaps if Sony keep reducing the memory needed we can have all the features without having to lose web browsing etc.

Veskgar
December 6th, 2006, 13:34
THANKS $ONY.oNLY THING I CANT GET TO WORK IS THE EXIT FEATURE.
So you can't exit a game with the HOME button with 3.02? Can you with 3.01?

Basically, should we even bother running this firmware in DevHook or should we just stick with 3.01 for now?

Ichijoe
December 6th, 2006, 13:56
What's the point in flashing, Flash1??

I find it works just fine so long as I use my Backup Copies of:

system.dreg
system.ireg

I just plug those into ms0:\dh\301\f1\registry
And, it just works!

So why would I want to risk forking up my PSPs'™ Firmware, when I can just conceivably run it off the MemoryStick???

The only problems I had with getting Devhook to run (Black Screen), was due to the use of an improper PSAR Dumper.
Having used the PSAR DUMPER V2B (From Team Noobz), which was able to properly decrypt the Reboot.bin File (v2.82, 3.00, 3,01 and 3,02), everything is working.

Devhook 0.51 has also fixed all the Web Browser Bugs.
As for the overclock?? I don't use it so I can't comment on it...

jools
December 6th, 2006, 14:02
lmfao:rofl:

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 6th, 2006, 14:04
So you can't exit a game with the HOME button with 3.02? Can you with 3.01?

Basically, should we even bother running this firmware in DevHook or should we just stick with 3.01 for now?

Yes m8 worked fine with 3.01 gonna try the 3.01 reboot bin in 3.02 see if it work unless someone else wants to try it and report back....i found the folder still needs to be called 301 in devhook.Im not aware exactly what has been changed and new features added if any tBH i think it is just security fixes related to the PS3.

Avenyet
December 6th, 2006, 14:14
38 mins isn't that like a record maybe sony will give up now they can never win agaisnt the homebrew theres more programmers on our side than there are for sony anyway :thumbup:

steve-b
December 6th, 2006, 14:48
I have no problems with using the home button to exit devhook.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 6th, 2006, 14:51
Weird mines doe'snt work !!!:confused:

steve-b
December 6th, 2006, 14:55
I had strange issues with 3.01 yesterday. It turned out that switching on certain features of devhook on the first run of devhook (No-UMD specifically) would stop certain things from working.
I had to clean install it all, run devhook, exit, start devhook, switch on no-umd for it to all work nicely.

I dunno if that helps you any in this situation...might be a similar scenario though

steve-b
December 6th, 2006, 14:56
also, did you unflash the old version before installing/flashing the new?

irishwhip
December 6th, 2006, 15:05
the 3.02 eboot is now up on the japanese psp site

eLAy12
December 6th, 2006, 15:23
Man, the homebrew scene is really taking off....i'm having a hard time keeping up...its all for the best tho....the faster the better. Good job to all the Dev's

kersplatty
December 6th, 2006, 15:45
rofl :rofl: sony got pwnt they never even thought to change encryption codes. Woop hope the final fantasy demo will be playable when its out:thumbup:

System2012
December 6th, 2006, 15:52
Hmmm... It wouldn't surpise me if there was a time bomb hidden in that 3.02 eboot... just sitting there... ticking away... just waiting... waiting... and more waiting... then kaboom !!! lol. I'll just wait a month or so to see what happens...

Emeriastone
December 6th, 2006, 16:15
Yes m8 worked fine with 3.01 gonna try the 3.01 reboot bin in 3.02 see if it work unless someone else wants to try it and report back....i found the folder still needs to be called 301 in devhook.Im not aware exactly what has been changed and new features added if any tBH i think it is just security fixes related to the PS3.

Not sure whats causing your problems, My 3.02 emulation runs without error, both when returning from playing a UMD game, and the Devhook exit feature works just as fine as it did before. It may have something to do with flash1. Maybe? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause problems like that...

DKing
December 6th, 2006, 16:16
Hmmm... It wouldn't surpise me if there was a time bomb hidden in that 3.02 eboot... just sitting there... ticking away... just waiting... waiting... and more waiting... then kaboom !!! lol. I'll just wait a month or so to see what happens...

No responsible company would do that. I think they learned their lesson with the rootkit fiasco. Then again it is Sony we're talking about...

Oh and I too have problems with DevHook when exiting a game. I'm only using .50 at the moment as I haven't had time to upgrade. But it pretty much locks up after each one. It usually shuts my PSP off after 10 seconds or so but something it just stays hosed and I have to pop the battery out.

SilverDesertRain
December 6th, 2006, 16:43
Sony is not stupid...there may be something there in 3.02 lurking around. Maybe a timebomb for us homebrewers? Time will tell.

jim80b
December 6th, 2006, 16:44
you dont need to pop the battery

just hold the power switch until it turns off, it may take up to 10 secs

i have mixed sucesses exiting games, some work some dont.

mavsman4457
December 6th, 2006, 16:54
This is embarrassing for Sony. Now I am sure that there are holes in both 3.00 and 3.01. It won't be long until a new downgrader comes. I can feel it in my blood, not really actually but it's just a guess.

Mc_Logical
December 6th, 2006, 17:09
these ppl sayin fuk sony this fuk sony that lol the thing is sony aint losing out really cos think about it the more ppl that hear about homebrew and iso on psp the more ppl will buy a psp so sonys sales still go up only thing might be losing is umd sales but enough ppl buy them and alot of ppl dont have the net and just play psp hmmm sony is like, oh! heck they hacked it again, hey bob shhhhh dont tell these ppl we still make good profit from them lol

mavsman4457
December 6th, 2006, 17:15
So is 3.02 just a "security patch"? It's funny how we have to have 3.02 devhooked even though 3.00 is just the same thing. It's not that it's better to have 3.02 over 3.00 but it's knowing that you have the "latest firmware". I guess that's why some peolple update from 3.00 to 3.01 or 3.02.

Edit: Forgot to ask, are all of the features up and running in this? PS1 emulator? Remote play is what I want the most. That's all that really matters to me but it would be cool to be able to have the PS1 emulator, not that I would use it.

S34MU5
December 6th, 2006, 17:25
No doubt sony will put updates on the ps3 so if you wana use psp-ps3 stuff you will need to update.

also what is the add-ons with 3.02 from 3.01

DKing
December 6th, 2006, 17:38
Sony is not stupid...there may be something there in 3.02 lurking around. Maybe a timebomb for us homebrewers? Time will tell.

I would classify a 'timebomb' as being stupid on Sony's part. I seriously doubt there's anything like that in 3.02. Not everything has to be a conspiracy.

I also seriously doubt this was anything other than a coincidence that it just came out right after Devhook .51 was released. So all the 'Sony pwned' comments aren't really relevant either. I'd say all the recent updates were put out simply due to the PS3 and the related PSP offerings that go along with that rather than any attempt to kill off homebrew and devhook.

As far as having to pop the battery goes. Pretty sure I tried holding the power switch up for awhile and it wouldn't go off. Was at least 5 seconds but not sure on 10. Will try that next time.

Veskgar
December 6th, 2006, 17:50
Sony is not stupid...

:rofl:

YourStillWithMe
December 6th, 2006, 18:52
has anyone ahd problems running there ps1 downloads on this emulated firmware#@!$%????? i didnt get it to work on eithe 3.01 emulation or 3.02 i got past the warning screen though on 3.02. I got syphon filter and hot shots golf 2 and love those games am dying to play them on my 2.71 SEC.emulated 3.02 psp!!!!!!!!!! i got a 60GB ps3 and just downloaded them today i can tell this method and the quality of the games is going to be so friggin cool seriously its worth like 6 bucks or whatever its perfect emulation who careS? if you can afford a ps3 now you can afford to pay a couple bucks for games we know and love. . .

Dickhead
December 6th, 2006, 19:26
It will be funny if sony has allowed us to mod our own firmware like this due to the new Law Down under....

Veskgar
December 6th, 2006, 19:49
Okay. Strange. When I first installed DevHook 0.51 & 3.01 firmware I could exit with HOME just fine playing Metal Gear Solid: PO. Then I noticed after completely powering the PSP down and booting back up to 1.50 firmware I can't exit with HOME without the PSP crashing when using DevHook 0.51/3.01 firmware for Metal Gear Solid?

How to fix?

XxunknowxX
December 6th, 2006, 20:40
so is there any new features or is useless because i dont want to do all that dumping and comping and crap im too lazy lol anything new guys

penileartery
December 6th, 2006, 20:46
i cant seem to get this to work. is there anythign i need to do first?

Emeriastone
December 6th, 2006, 21:21
i cant seem to get this to work. is there anythign i need to do first?

Follow the tutorial explained here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=184

however, instead of using the 3.01 Update eboot.pbp, use the 3.02 Update.

Also make sure that if you have used devhook .51 or ..50 in the past that you uninstall flash1 files first and then reinstall them to get this to run properly (and without errors).

ola_ridiculous
December 6th, 2006, 21:23
This just GREAT!=D gets better and better!
3.02 on DH!:,D..lifes sWeEt!

zx-81
December 6th, 2006, 21:39
fw 3.02 works fine here, with modified devhook 0.51's config files.

Abgoj
December 6th, 2006, 22:21
:rofl: ha ha sony u got pwnd again:)

the_eternal_dark
December 6th, 2006, 22:23
Maybe sony is trying to reduce the amount of memory being used up in the psps flash??? Probably trying to see where they could save space so that later they could have room for more features in future updates?????? just a guess.....

P.S. My first Post!!

My guess is that there is a lot of useless information in the PS1 emu that was taken out. They seriously need to shrink it up a little more though, maybe by removing the useless online manuals, and other things.

Welcome to the dcemu, btw.

Veskgar
December 6th, 2006, 22:27
Has anyone spotted where to download a US version the 3.02 EBOOT?

Gizmo356
December 6th, 2006, 22:33
try using system update on your psp

zx-81
December 6th, 2006, 22:44

On sony website ? here (http://www.us.playstation.com/psp/downloads/systemupdate)

Veskgar
December 6th, 2006, 23:18
try using system update on your psp
DUH!!!! I forgot that you could do that and NOT have it update automatically.

On sony website ? here (http://www.us.playstation.com/psp/downloads/systemupdate)
Thanks for the link. I had thought it was only available on the Japanese site.

If I use the installer from TommyDanger but use the 3.02 EBOOT it should work fine right? Since DevHook still needs the files to be in the 301 folder.

CaptainMorgan4
December 6th, 2006, 23:27
Can someone help me I was in a topic yesterday about installing devhook .51 and it had a download link to a file that consisted of the psar dumper the devhook and something else. I don't clearly remember the title and I've been searching for a while now for it and can't find it. It was something like Devhook .51 installation package, or whatever. I need to download that file for something really badly but can't find the thread, any help?

Cloudhunter
December 6th, 2006, 23:27
Either way, there is no difference between the update eboots Veskgar. A Japanese is the same as a US, is the same as an EUR, is the same as a UK.

And why do people think that messing with the flash1 can mess up your firmware? The worst that can happen is that the settings need to be reset, which isn't really a big deal. I actually believe flashing the devhook files to the memory stick is safer than changing your settings, as the files aren't being overwritten.

Cloudy

CaptainMorgan4
December 6th, 2006, 23:33
Guys when I extract the 3.02 updates DATA.PSAR and throw it in the root of my memory stick the psar dumper tells me it can't find the DATA.PSAR? Any help?

Nevermind I tired a different version and it works, but I still have a question I got the "F0" file for the 3.02 firmware but where do I put it? I made a "302" folder under the "dh" folder and threw it in there but like I still don't have the option to choos firmware 3.02 when I go to devhook. Some help please.

Veskgar
December 6th, 2006, 23:50
I was thinking about trying to use TommyDanger's sweet installer found here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45078

Only I was going to use the 3.02 EBOOT instead of the 3.01 that it usually calls for.

However, I can't find any MAJOR changes in 3.02 from 3.01. I've only read that it is security fixes so I may just stick with 3.01 for now.

NovaKane
December 7th, 2006, 00:06
...pwned again...1.50 = 4ever!

XxunknowxX
December 7th, 2006, 00:12
http://dl.qj.net/Firmware-3.02-DevHook-Installer-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/11648/catid/151

There is the installer for 3.02

EDIT: Testing know results in a moment

CaptainMorgan4
December 7th, 2006, 00:12
No that's not it Veskgar the thread I'm talking about had install instructions like the tutorials in the threads yesterday. Thanks anyway!

PSPegasus
December 7th, 2006, 00:14
My god. Sony just isn't trying anymore. This' gotta be some kind of record. 3 firmware cracks (kinda) in like 2-3 weeks.

GanstaSimms
December 7th, 2006, 00:17
Can Sum1 Plz Give Me The Link For The fw 3.02 update thx

XxunknowxX
December 7th, 2006, 00:34
Can Sum1 Plz Give Me The Link For The fw 3.02 update thx

Use your network update on your PSP

TEST RESULTS: 3.02 doesnt work for me staying with 3.01 and 2.71

luis11
December 7th, 2006, 01:50
I test it and find that it semi-work, the wifi send an error and dont work, any comment

watupgroupie
December 7th, 2006, 02:01
Ya when i installed devhook .51 last night for some reason i went and checked the network update and it sayed there was an update. Just wondering for the future it won't hurt you to download a firmware update through network update will it i mean upgrade 1.5 by accident when i'm in devhook. or will you just get the eboot on your mem card and that's it.

IndianCheese
December 7th, 2006, 02:01
wow.

i'm hungry.

FOR MORE SONY KILLING!

mavsman4457
December 7th, 2006, 02:15
Does remote play work with this? I asked before but no one answered.

Cap'n 1time
December 7th, 2006, 02:25
wow. you know they dont exactly JUST release these updates to stop us from running our stuff. It is much more likely that they found a flaw in firmware 3.01 that caused problems for... something. Stop with all this "suck it sony" shit please. Im not a huge fan of sony either but its getting really really old...

CaptainMorgan4
December 7th, 2006, 02:28
I think it does but I don't own a PS3 so.

mavsman4457
December 7th, 2006, 03:04
So is the 3.02 eboot smaller than the 3.01 eboot update? If so then that is clearly why the update is there.

Emeriastone
December 7th, 2006, 03:18
As far as I know, emulated 3.02 and all functions of PS3/PSP interconnectivity are supposed to work. If you own a PS3, and a PSP emulating either 3.01 or 3.02, please start a new thread explaining if it did work and other details.

mavsman4457
December 7th, 2006, 04:34
I own a PS3 but I don't have my PSP at the moment. I should have it back within the next week or so. If no one has posted anything about it by then, then I will certainly post about the connectivity because I am excited for this aspect of the PS3 and the PSP. Hopefully, someday I will be able to go visit my brothers in Utah, hook up to the internet with my PSP, and play the Gran Turismo game in my PS3 through remote play. Or just any game would be good. I can't wait for that day.

ExcruciationX
December 7th, 2006, 04:57
Pwned!

Mc_Logical
December 7th, 2006, 17:24
New for 3.02: A security patch has been added to address security vulnerabilities in the system software.
hmmmmmmmmmm! has it now vulnerable u say sony i think u mean HACKED! New for 3.02: A security patch has been added to address (HACKING) in the system software. LOL

ExcruciationX
December 7th, 2006, 17:33
I say that Sony's losing it. That's 2 firmware updates in a short amount of time.

YourStillWithMe
December 7th, 2006, 17:42
I seriously think that they dont care if it is emulated anymore really. . .not as much. I mean seriously though a majority of psp users dont hack it and there better off just trying to please the main stream psp users and just give them cool updates and such and help the ps3 2 psp connectivity.

I can confirm that by running 2.71 SEC and emulating both 3.01 and 3.02 the remote play and ps1 games do NOT work. I think that is why this devhook is a beta because booster knows it too. I sure do hope it will be fixed in the future i have no doubts that it will be fixed. I dont care what firmware gets fixed 3.00, 3.01, or 3.02 because we all know they wont put firmware update 3.02 in games for about a month and all i want to play now is jsut the new metal gear which i'll be able to play and nba live 07 which only requires 2.71 im good all i need is my ps1 emulator and my remote play to work on my emulated firmware and i might slack off from the scene for a bit and just come back in about a month or 2 to a whole lot of new news.

-Yourstillwithme

gr42178
December 7th, 2006, 18:15
If I use the installer from TommyDanger but use the 3.02 EBOOT it should work fine right? Since DevHook still needs the files to be in the 301 folder.

I was curious about this too, I was about to install 3.01 but if the 3.02 will work I will use that one instead. Has anyone tried it?

kersplatty
December 7th, 2006, 19:26
the reason for this update is to make the parappa the rapper's downloadable songs work with the game

John Vattic
December 7th, 2006, 20:09
make a folder "302" in the dh folder.

copy the config below to the "menu_fw.txt" in the dh/05beta/menu_j12 folder.

!firmware 3.02(MS or flash+MS)
REBOOT_PATH="flash0:/dh/302;ms0:/dh/302/f0;ms0:/dh/05"
BTCNF_PATH="/kd/pspcnf_tbl_dh.txt"
FLASH0="/dh/302;ms0:/dh/302/f0"
FLASH1="/dh/302;ms0:/dh/302/f1"

works fine for me and i didn't have to "write the f1 to flash"

i didn't flash 301 or 302 and they both work great!

I don't understand why people are doing all this flashing of the nand when we don't have to?!?!?!?!?!
can someone explain why because i'm not going to flash my psp with anything devhook or custom firmwares. It only invites danjer of bricking.

CaptainMorgan4
December 7th, 2006, 20:25
You can't brick your psp this way, the worst that can happen is you have to resetup your settings on your psp, that's it.

Kyros
December 8th, 2006, 02:09
Hi all, I am on Firmware v. 1.50 emulating 3.01 via DeviceHook v. 0.51 and I just wanted to know if I still needed the 260 folder and 271 folder (Including the files in them) in dh which I was using for DeviceHook v. 0.46 to emulate Firmware 2.71 but now that I am emulating 3.01 can I delete them? Thanx for your time.

gadgetman18i3
December 12th, 2006, 15:59
I can confirm that by running 2.71 SEC and emulating both 3.01 and 3.02 the remote play and ps1 games do NOT work.

I disagree. I also own a 60GB PS3 and I have a PSP running Devhook 0.51.0100 emulating FW 3.02, and I have gotten remote play working. It's kind of laggy, but that could or could not be due to Devhook. We'll never update, so I guess we'll never know for sure, right? :D

However, you're correct in saying that the legit PS1 emulator doesn't work. I eagerly downloaded Crash Bandicoot as soon as I got Devhook running, and it simply doesn't boot. The game downloads/installs fine, the certificate is fine... but when you try to boot the game, you get the warning screen ("this is an emulated version of this game, blah, blah...") and then the PSP hangs on a black screen and shuts off.

I should also mention that every time I try to boot Crash Bandicoot and then reboot in 1.50 (you know, after it turns itself off) I get a error message saying "Your system settings have become corrupted. Press O to restore default settings." Then I have to re-enter all my 1.5 settings all over again. It's nothing fatal, but annoying nevertheless. And this doesn't happen after every reboot, it only happens when I try to run Crash Bandicoot.

I hope Booster pumps out a version of Devhook that will run the Sony emulator, but seeing as how the community of PS3+PSP owners w/1.50 is so small, I think it's going to be awhile until there's a coder with the will to figure it out.

We're a very small minority of early adopters. There simply isn't enough of us to create a valid demand right now.... :(

gadgetman18i3
December 12th, 2006, 16:11
Oh, sorry, I just noticed that you said you were running 2.71 SEC. My PSP is a retail 1.50, so it's just running straight Devhook. I guess that can make a difference.

YourStillWithMe
December 19th, 2006, 01:39
sweet, at least i know now that i shouldnt go back to 1.50 and try it. . .however i did not have to reinstall my setting son my 2.71 SEC like youd id for 1.50 w/ crash bandicoot i've been trying to run hot shots golf 2 and syphon filter. how did ya get the remote play to work? and what can ya do exactly? do you just control the XMB menu? play ps2 games? ps3 games? im interested

dogfightz
December 21st, 2006, 23:43
Sorry if this is a bit random, but what version of the firmware do you need to play official demos? I wanna use this one http://www.motogp-game.com , its moto gp but I wasnt sure what version I had to be using. I heard its a pretty good game anyway.

gadgetman18i3
December 23rd, 2006, 15:03
I didn't really have to do anything special to get remote play working... I just followed the directions that the PS3 gave me. I made a new network connection on my PSP that could connect to the PS3 via AOSS (Airstation One-Touch Secure System) which I guess is a connection method that the PS3 utilizes. It's an option when you're setting up a new connection automatically in the WLAN settings.

It's not really that great, though. The XMB on the PSP is really blury and kind of slow. The only thing that works semi-well is watching videos from the PS3, but you can't watch DVD's, BD's, or even your online gamer profile. I'm hoping they make it better in the future.