PDA

View Full Version : Police arrest 12-year-old for opening Game Boy present early

Hawq
December 6th, 2006, 16:06
Does this put him on the naughty list then?
'Police in Rock Hill South Carolina arrested an eager teenager for opening his Game Boy Christmas present early. The 12-year-old kid had taken the present that had been placed under the Christmas tree by his 27-year-old mother. On Sunday, the mother and the boy's great-grandmother couldn't find the present and threatened to call the police.

The boy fessed up, but the mother called the police anyways. Two Rock Hill police department officers arrived and arrested the boy for petty theft. While most people would say that it's impossible to steal a gift, the mother argued that the gift hadn't yet been given and still belonged to her. He wasn't taken to jail and was released to his parents.

The mother and grandparents say the kid has had previous disciplinary problems and wanted to teach him a lesson. Police Lieutenant Jerry Waldrop told the Rock Hill Herald that, "In a case like this, if the parents and grandparents are adamant about it and they feel the child has a serious problem, I can't second-guess what the officers did," Waldrop said.'
source (http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/12/05/police_rock_hill_opening_present_early/)
Amusingly the police report is up for reading on this one as well, you can read it here (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1205062xmas1.html)

Darksaviour69
December 6th, 2006, 16:09
27-12 = slapper

Hawq
December 6th, 2006, 16:12
Illegal slapper in the US, illegal here as well come to think of it

Russoxley187
December 6th, 2006, 16:13
This is insane, I saw this on Fox News this morning..
Talk about teaching him a lesson. I would be very upset if my wife did that. Then again, m kids know better than that...

WOW, that all I can say..

JKKDARK
December 6th, 2006, 17:09
LOL I love USA :D

KatanaPL
December 6th, 2006, 17:21
People can be really stupid :P

NoQuarter
December 6th, 2006, 17:27
This kid has the drive but lacks the skillz...
When I was his age I was a pro at sneak opening christmas presents.
Ingredients:

razorblade
scotch tape

ExcruciationX
December 6th, 2006, 17:54
This kid has the drive but lacks the skillz...
When I was his age I was a pro at sneak opening christmas presents.
Ingredients:

razorblade
scotch tape
Yeah, so was I. :D

This is pathetic! :rolleyes:

NoQuarter
December 6th, 2006, 17:57
Well it appears he royally pissed his parents off...
I woulda just got grounded for that.
One time I spent a full year on restriction for my grades,no NES,no hangin out,no nothin and it sucked!

mcvader
December 6th, 2006, 18:08
I remember opening up Killer Instinct for the snes days before xmas and never got caught, come to think of it I did the same thing with zelda OOT but got caught out, I didn't get sent to Jail tho, just got placed in a burlap bag and beaten lol.

Forget GTA, this proves that gameboys are a bad influence and should be banned :)

NoQuarter
December 6th, 2006, 18:17
lol,Mcvader your right.That gameboy got that kid arrested.

VampDude
December 7th, 2006, 04:41
27-12 = slapper

I was thinking the same thing before I scrolled down, thats like 14 popped out at 15 plus 12 = 27! lmao :rofl:

Stump
December 7th, 2006, 05:54
your kidding us?? rigtht?

Cap'n 1time
December 7th, 2006, 06:22
damn right. I would have called the cops on the little ******* too. (at least i would pretend like i was to scare the kid to death).

one winged angel
December 7th, 2006, 07:03
I once did something like that and the police laught at my btw i live in germany