PDA

View Full Version : OpenBoR v2.0051-001

SamuraiX
December 6th, 2006, 19:46
New version of the BeatEm UP Engine for the PSP/DC/DOS/WIN.

Updates

There have been quite a few additions in features. But only if you are a modder. However, PSP and DC users will appreciate one of the new features I've implemented and that is....

Sprite Database Management Modders tend to reuse sprites such as walking, running, etc... over and over and instead of allocating space for every sprite I now reuse the original sprite and its ID. So what does this mean to you then gamer....

2MBytes of RAM has been saved on mods like Final Fight Appocolypse 2nd and Battle Toads. However, a huge mod like A Tale Of Vengence we are saving 8MBytes of memory.

Lastly, alot of bug fixes have been done. If you find a bug then please post it at http://www.borgeneration.com/ where you can also find the weekly updates to the engine and all the mods you can handle.

-SamuraiX

Upgrade to new build as of 12-09-2006 Huge bug was uncovered by NovaKane and is now fixed. For more details look at my direct response to NovaKane.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Mr. Shizzy
December 6th, 2006, 20:00
Sweet. Maybe the Mortal Kombat pak works now. :D Downloading now...

jak66
December 6th, 2006, 20:12
lol, mustve been about a hour ago i downloaded v2.0050 and now i have to update it, i find that funny. Just my luck, lol.

nevermind, thanks for the update

QueadlunnRau
December 6th, 2006, 20:18
Word

mr_nick666
December 6th, 2006, 21:03
This is one of those great homebrews :D Been a fan since I first stumbled accross it all that time ago... :rolleyes: Thanks for yet another update :thumbup:

NovaKane
December 7th, 2006, 00:00
Wow. Things just keep getting better for the PSP. I just finished Strider X the other day (one of the best mods EVER!). I can't wait to update OpenBOR again. Thanks SamuraiX.

Is there a complete version of A Tale of Vengeance yet?

psy2501
December 7th, 2006, 00:28
1: ) thanx

Skateblind
December 7th, 2006, 00:41
Great release, I just wish you could have made it easier to install, instead of me having to create a second folder and an eboot. Not very hard to do I know, but if everyone else manages to get different compatibility modes in. I usually skip any HB that requires me to do things the developer should have done in the first place. Cheers anyway for the wonderfull piece of code.

archangel1024
December 7th, 2006, 03:45
I dont understand, this reads paks based on the scripting engine?

so no game is included?

Understandable
December 7th, 2006, 04:05
Nice.... i think the battletoads mod is the best

NovaKane
December 7th, 2006, 04:22
I dont understand, this reads paks based on the scripting engine?

so no game is included?

Just download the paks at www.borgeneration.com

All of the them are there.

Mr. Shizzy
December 7th, 2006, 20:14
Just to save everyone some time, even though the Mortal Kombat pak is found in PSP section; it is not PSP compatible. It is for PC & Dreamcast only. No big deal. There are tons of great paks to choose from. :)

orochi-x
December 7th, 2006, 20:35
Keep up the good work SamuraiX.

Mr Shizzy. If you like MK then you might be interested to know that I am working on one and should have a demo out in January. You can see my WIP thread over on the borgeneration forums.

Mr. Shizzy
December 7th, 2006, 21:45
Keep up the good work SamuraiX.

Mr Shizzy. If you like MK then you might be interested to know that I am working on one and should have a demo out in January. You can see my WIP thread over on the borgeneration forums.

That's awesome. I'll keep an eye on your WIP thread. Can't wait. :D :D :D

NovaKane
December 7th, 2006, 22:40
Ok, problem. Whenever I try to change the buttons, it locks up on the menu even though the music still plays in the background. This never happened before w/ OpenBOR. I might go back to the old one for now.

SamuraiX
December 8th, 2006, 03:39
Ummm, what version was the last one you were using? If its before version 49 or all your save states are no longer valid as now openbor has save slots. I don't expect this to change for a long time either.....

Just delete all your saves and you should be all set or create a new folder for openbor on your PSP.

NovaKane
December 8th, 2006, 05:46
Ummm, what version was the last one you were using? If its before version 49 or all your save states are no longer valid as now openbor has save slots. I don't expect this to change for a long time either.....

Just delete all your saves and you should be all set or create a new folder for openbor on your PSP.

Before this I was using v2.0049-029. I never transfer my saves. I start everything fresh when using OpenBOR that's why I don't know what's wrong. I re-installed it and the same thing happened.

I just went to menu where I change the buttons and it locks up right there...

SamuraiX
December 9th, 2006, 09:21
What I uncovered was much more drastic then what you probably realized!!!!!

ok.... basically i have been working on setting up the wifi code and I didn't realize how much stuff broke with I/O commands!!!

But here is the run down.... BOR used to be a usermode app. But now its a kernel mode app because its necessary to get the inet/wifi modules loaded through a kernel mode.

What I didn't realize is the kernel mode pretty much breaks all sceIoXXXX commands and we see some really strange behavior out of the blue! So i just finished reworking all my code to use POSIX calls instead. And create a user thread for the main code to run.

I'm 99.99% sure that everything is running great now. BUT If you notice anything wrong... please give feedback.

You can download v2.0051-001 over at http://www.borgeneration.com and from forums goto RELEASES/DEVBUILDS since that is the location i release my weekly builds.

P.S.
Great Find!!!!

NovaKane
December 11th, 2006, 22:18
Hey, glad I could help. I'll try the update as soon as I can.

Method Man
February 26th, 2007, 15:56
i'll never played OpenBor...
as i'll was younger (12-14 years old) i played allways Mugen-Beat'em'ups

carlitx
February 26th, 2007, 17:38
is this that psp mugen port?