PDA

View Full Version : [OLD] PS3 Sixaxis Controller Can Be Used In Windows!

Pages : [1] 2 3

wraggster
December 6th, 2006, 19:53
NOTE: This release is old, for better working drivers with rumble and bluetooth support, look right here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=257947).

The Sony PS3 SIXAXIS controller can be used on a Windows PC but Windows XP and upwards would be best. It works as USB HID device under Windows.

Here's the instructions to make it work:

1. Download and install the filter driver (libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe). (attached zip)
2. Unpack ps3sixaxis_en.exe
3. Plug the SIXAXIS into your PC.
4. Run ps3sixaxis_en.exe once. A command prompt window will appear for a few seconds.
5. When the window closes, press and hold the PS button on the Sixaxis controller for at least 2-3 seconds.

If you want to see if the controller is being detected:

1. Go to Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > Game Controllers.
2. Select the Playstation 3 controller and choose Properties. A dialog window will appear.
3. Move both the analog sticks and press the buttons. The cursor and bars will move in the Axis section and the numbers in the Buttons area will light up.
4. If output is displayed, the controller is properly detected and working fine.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

Emeriastone
December 6th, 2006, 21:44
Woah, nice. Very nice. Me like very much...

jetkey885
December 6th, 2006, 23:08
does the Wii-like function work too?

J sims
December 7th, 2006, 01:39
Unless the actual 6 axis controls are implemented it wouldn't be much better than the xbox 360 controller which also works with windows XP.

mavsman4457
December 7th, 2006, 04:35
I'm going to give this a shot right now.

mavsman4457
December 7th, 2006, 04:46
Couldn't get this to work. Whenever I run the ps3sixaxis_en.exe it just shows a command prompt for a second then exits right away and won't let me do anything. Anybody have any ideas?

Wysiwyg
December 7th, 2006, 12:21
Thanks, saves me keep digging out the old PS2 control pad and masive USB adapter just for the laptop

touretts69
December 7th, 2006, 17:48
No luck here. The controller is seen via the control panel but, doesn't work for any of the tests(control panel) or via snes9x and znes.

matthewmcg
December 7th, 2006, 20:03
cool.

mavsman4457
December 8th, 2006, 01:41
Couldn't get this to work. Whenever I run the ps3sixaxis_en.exe it just shows a command prompt for a second then exits right away and won't let me do anything. Anybody have any ideas?

Anyone know whats wrong here?

Furu
December 8th, 2006, 03:44
Does not work on MacBook Pro with Boot Camp Win XP. Crashes when I try to install the libusb driver.

EDIT: I take that back. After trying a few times and shutting all of the background programs, the install went smooth. Connecting the controller, running the exe and pressing the PS button a few times did the trick. Just like it says on the instructions. Too bad we havent got the motion controls yet. Good Job!

GauNodac
December 9th, 2006, 07:08
It works well over here. I tried Zsnes with no flaws. Satourne did not work as well. Problems assigning keys.

mavsman4457
December 9th, 2006, 22:54
Anyone know how to make it so the command prompt doesn't close on me right after it opens up.

RaggTopp
December 12th, 2006, 00:14
Anyone know how to make it so the command prompt doesn't close on me right after it opens up.

Because it's a DOS application. It finishes running and closes. You have to run the file FROM a command prompt if you don't want the command prompt to disappear.

mavsman4457
December 13th, 2006, 23:35
Is it supposed to close right after it opens then?

TALONTSx
December 22nd, 2006, 02:07
I get a file corrupt error when I unpack with winrar...i still get the .exe +.dll file though. Is this normal? Where do I put the .dll file?

hockey2112
December 23rd, 2006, 05:51
Can this be used wirelessly, like perhaps with a bluetooth usb dongle type of device? If it can be, how well would it work if I used the controller in the next room over from my PC, to play emulators on my TV hooked up to my PC? Would the signal be strong enough to be able to pass through one wall and remain consistent?

ACXIE
December 23rd, 2006, 08:08
http://ipvideo.512j.com/bbs/bmb/topic.php?filename=216
download from: http://ipvideo.512j.com/bbs/bmb/attachment.php?am=0&filename=216&forumid=1088132564&article=217
http://ipvideo.512j.com/bbs/bmb/upload/forum1088132564_221_0_1166935834.gif

TuRDMaN
December 23rd, 2006, 17:41
Is it supposed to close right after it opens then?
Yes. Make sure you follow the instructions in the first post.

And this driver works perfectly for me, I love it :thumbup:

hiryu3
December 24th, 2006, 05:37
Mine works now. I had to hold done the PS button for about 5 seconds and it registers now.:)

hockey2112
December 24th, 2006, 15:58
So are you guys using this wirelessly with your PC via bluetooth, or do you have it hooked up with USB the whole time?

simjohn
December 31st, 2006, 06:50
okay i've done this about 10 times now reinstalling uninstalling etc. Every time my controller just keeps blinking at me

Here's a look at my DOS screen when it pops after i open the ps3sixaxis_en.exe file.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/SIMJOHN/sixaxisfilecopy.jpg

lopez2188
December 31st, 2006, 10:02
im getting a bad block error message when i go to unzip ...win32.exe and then im also getting the flashing prompt when i open the extracted sixaxis file.

hockey2112
December 31st, 2006, 16:05
So are you guys using this wirelessly with your PC via bluetooth, or do you have it hooked up with USB the whole time?

Come on, guys. There are three pages of posts. Can no-one answer my simple question?

bobthecat23
December 31st, 2006, 22:15
hey i cant get it to work plz help

Raseru
January 3rd, 2007, 05:35
I am having the same problems.
CMD pops up, then disappears

Would really like to do this

darkzeroman
January 3rd, 2007, 14:45
Hey, first time poster.
for hockey2112: I've been using the USB. I don't know if the Bluetooth connection would work. But I will try it sometime.

Anyway, I also had a little bit of trouble while trying to install the controller and quickly made a tutorial for others.

Zip version: http://fileho.com/download/481e59901580/Sixaxis-Tutorial.zip.html
Tar version:
http://fileho.com/download/373b5a50294/Sixaxis-Tutorial.tar.html

I got the original program from the Japanese site posted earlier. And it works great. My email is [email protected] if anyone has problems with the quick tutorial.

Peace.

Shrygue
January 3rd, 2007, 14:56
It's a shame I can't as I don't have that PS3 controller - it would make playing PC game easier. Don't even have the PS3 to start with anyway.

bad.boy777
January 3rd, 2007, 16:03

Go To Control Panel>Game Controllers Then Double click on game controllers if your Playstation(R)3 Controller is listed their then your good to go.

Raseru
January 3rd, 2007, 20:46
I think everyone is having the same problem with me, and sadly that guide didn't fix anything.

in the step

Now, if the controller doesn’t work for you, I can’t really offer much help. But I can at least show you if your computer is recognizing the controller. To access Device Manager, right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware Tab -> Device Manager.

that's exactly what my problem is, the controller just doesn't work. I can press all the buttons I want, and it doesn't do anything, also, all 4 red lights on controller blink if that means anything.

I even checked the Human Interface Devices for PS3 controller, and it's exactly like yours.

darkzeroman
January 3rd, 2007, 21:46
I recommend working with that "PS" button. It's a bit tricky. I don't think all of your lights should be flashing. Press the button for about 5 seconds.
Let it go, then you should see only the light next to 1 light up.

Raseru
January 4th, 2007, 11:55
I found the problem,
This is what I did to get it to work, I pressed the PS button when PS3 was on, told it to turn off, then the controller lights went out, then I plugged the controller into my computer, opened the game controller and it works.

However, whatever you do, when that PS3 goes out, don't touch the PS button at all. That's what messes it up. The lights for 1-4 should never be on.

That's how I got it to work for myself at least.

Now that the buttons work in the game controllers, that's cool, how do I set the buttons to do stuff though?

Tekkenlord
January 5th, 2007, 18:22
Unless the actual 6 axis controls are implemented it wouldn't be much better than the xbox 360 controller which also works with windows XP.

Yeah sure wathever you say :rolleyes:

StrifeTribal
January 5th, 2007, 18:45
Even if the lights are STILL blinking on the sixaxis. It willlll still work while you play games. Just want everyone to know that.

zewe
January 6th, 2007, 05:30
the site is telling me that i do not have the privilege to download the driver....whats the problem?

joshisposer
January 6th, 2007, 08:33
Mine is really extremely extraordinarily sensitive. My calibration quit out and doesn't work anymore. So, everything is sensitive but i can say it works even with blinking buttons.

Selector
January 6th, 2007, 09:17
press the ps button for like 10 seconds and then go to control panel and calibrate it and it will work.

joshisposer
January 6th, 2007, 09:47
Aight, i got the callibration to work and zsnesw works awesome. It was a test because i don't care too much for snes when it is just perfect on the PSP. Now, i'm not sure, i thought i turned down the sensitivity but on Project64, the buttons get like auto pushed down. They are weird buttons though. This is awesome though and i hope this can get more and more updated, and *gasps* maybe even get sixaxis to work. Nah, idc, this is just a great controller and better than Xbox 360 controller. The ps3 controller is a perfect size and is just awesome.

Raseru
January 6th, 2007, 21:21
How do you assign buttons to do what you want?

joshisposer
January 7th, 2007, 00:38
On wat Raseru? Most emulators do have input controller configurations and stuff. Also, can someone make a PJ64 configuration with the C buttons as the right analog stick. YOu could even do just that. My right analog stick is just messed up with PJ 64 but it is the best emu. I mean, i use nemu which works quite well but the compatibility list is way less.

Raseru
January 7th, 2007, 23:13
It has to be a rom? You can't use it like on the actual computer?

blinkmancurt
January 8th, 2007, 22:18
when i plug my sixaxis controller into the pc, i get the 4 red lights flashing on the top of the controller...i've installed everything and done all the precautionary stuff i need to do...i'm getting the computer to read that the controller is plugged in but the thing is i can't calibrate it or anything..

shadowsdarknes
January 9th, 2007, 02:27
I've calibrated mine..But my emus don't even recognize the contoller.

hockey2112
January 11th, 2007, 22:14
So has there been any final word on whether or not you can use the SIXAXIS with your PC via a bluetooth connection instead of USB (after you have installed the drivers, etc, of course)? I searched around today, and could not find the answer, either yay or nay.

stevenput
January 12th, 2007, 03:56
If windows recognizes it it works, I tried it in control panel and none of the buttons worked, but when I tried it with a few emulators it was recognized easily.

trogdor007
January 12th, 2007, 06:29
One question. Would this work for Battlefield 1942

Punishera
January 12th, 2007, 13:53
If windows recognizes it it works, I tried it in control panel and none of the buttons worked, but when I tried it with a few emulators it was recognized easily.what emulators???

What's the MAC address of the SixaxiS?? So maybe I can find it by searching for it :)

mavsman4457
January 12th, 2007, 20:21
So has there been any final word on whether or not you can use the SIXAXIS with your PC via a bluetooth connection instead of USB (after you have installed the drivers, etc, of course)? I searched around today, and could not find the answer, either yay or nay.

Are you kidding me? It says it in the very first post. Also, why don't you give it a try and see if it works for you. You have been asking about this for at least a couple of days and you are too lazy to find out for yourself or use common sense. And by the way, thanks to the guy who answered my question about command prompt opening and closing really quickly. I haven't tried that out yet but as soon as I feel the need to again, I will give it a try.

lugiadoom
January 14th, 2007, 09:43
if it works like xbox360 controller then it's good =_= (can work well with windows)
but hey, thanks for that!

too bad, new problem
anything works well except the analog. the game can't detect the analog control.

lugiadoom
January 14th, 2007, 16:00
omg, when i uninstall and install, it won't work for now T^T!!! it can't detect my controller! when i uninstall the software, my pc detects sixaxis again....strange

Mofoe2001
January 15th, 2007, 07:28
Hi. Im also interested in this. Seeing how i love to play street fighter alpha series on my PC using an old game pad i had for years. well most of the buttons on this controller get "sticky". Ive open it up and cleaned it and still get sticky. So instead of buying a new gamepad, ill just use my sixaxis controller. anyways straight to the point.

I followed the directions step by step and still cant get the sixaxis to work on my pc. control panel>game controller will list the controller as Playstation 3 game controller but none of the inputs show up on the calibration screen. Im getting what some other people in this thread are getting, the 4 red light blinking error. I tapped the PS buttons once then 5 times then 100 times, and still nothing. i held the PS button for 1 sec, 5 seconds then got a fighing weight and sat it on the PS buttong for 100 hours and still nothing..............just kidding about the 100 hours, lol

so yea , the lights kept blinking red and wouldnt take any inputs. ive tried Kawaks and project64 and no inputs would be shown.

Anyone know whats the deal?

hockey2112
January 15th, 2007, 19:26
Are you kidding me?

Nope, it is a valid question.

It says it in the very first post.

I see no mention whatsoever of SIXAXIS-PC Bluetooth compatibility in the first post.

Also, why don't you give it a try and see if it works for you. You have been asking about this for at least a couple of days and you are too lazy to find out for yourself or use common sense.

Ah... durrr... let's see, idiot (since we are insulting each other now, apparently):

1. I have searched extensively, and have found no definitive answer.

2. I do not own a PS3 controller or a USB Bluetooth adapter. So why in the hell would I go out and buy any of that equipment when I do not know if it will definitely work? Does this qualify me as being lazy? Or am I simply being prudent about what I invest my money in?

Oh, what to do, what to do... I know! I could ask people on a (usually) very helpful forum for their experiences, hoping that someone may have tested this. It looks like no-one has, and this thread has grown since I asked, so why not ask again? Maybe someone who joined the thread at a later date has tried using this with Bluetooth and succeeded (or failed), and they might not have read my questions, or even considered answering them. But golly gee, hope I don't upset mavsman by presenting my question one more time.

So, can you answer my question definitively, or can anyone else? Or would you rather be an unhelpful @$$ and resort to insults, lectures, and nonanswers than to actually assist someone searching for an answer?

mavsman4457
January 15th, 2007, 23:11
Hahahaha, sorry hockey I don't know why I outbursted at you, hahaha. Your post is funny to me now I guess I'm just in a good mood. I was referring to the fact that it says it is a USB driver in the first post. Also, if I am correct, recognition of a bluetooth device does not require any drivers, just a bluetooth adapter and the bluetooth device. So it should be recognizable out of the box, I'm just not sure if it is usable as a controller. I think I can try it out though. I will give it a shot. And I don't want to get into another fight but I'm juct curious, if you don't have bluetooth and you don't have a PS3 then why are you so adament about getting this question answered? Anyways, have a nice day and I will check up on that question once my brother stops playing PS3 :)

Edit: OK I just tried it and my bluetooth adapter wouldn't recognize the controller. Hope that helps.

hockey2112
January 16th, 2007, 03:53
Hahahaha, sorry hockey I don't know why I outbursted at you, hahaha. Your post is funny to me now I guess I'm just in a good mood. I was referring to the fact that it says it is a USB driver in the first post. Also, if I am correct, recognition of a bluetooth device does not require any drivers, just a bluetooth adapter and the bluetooth device. So it should be recognizable out of the box, I'm just not sure if it is usable as a controller. I think I can try it out though. I will give it a shot. And I don't want to get into another fight but I'm juct curious, if you don't have bluetooth and you don't have a PS3 then why are you so adament about getting this question answered? Anyways, have a nice day and I will check up on that question once my brother stops playing PS3 :)

Edit: OK I just tried it and my bluetooth adapter wouldn't recognize the controller. Hope that helps.

Hey man, no hard feelings. Thanks for testing it out, I appreciate it. My computer is one room away from my living room, where my plasma TV is located. I was planning on hooking my desktop up to the plasma, and playing games in there via a wireless controller, and figured that this would be a great way to do it. Ah well, maybe someone will figure out how to do it one day.

One last question: if the Bluetooth was "enabled" one day, would the signal be able to pass through one wall, or would it lose too much strength. My tv is approximately 15 feet from where the bluetooth USB adapter would be, as the crow flies, so to speak.

Thanks again.

nyahnyah
January 18th, 2007, 23:57
This looks so cool! I can't wait to use it for M.U.G.E.N! But when I try to download the attachment, it comes out as a .php extension and not .rar, so whats with that?

EDIT: So i tried and looked in my hardware section, the controller is listed ther but the 4 lights are flashing and buttons dont seem to do anything. What do i do?

mavsman4457
January 20th, 2007, 04:00
Hey man, no hard feelings. Thanks for testing it out, I appreciate it. My computer is one room away from my living room, where my plasma TV is located. I was planning on hooking my desktop up to the plasma, and playing games in there via a wireless controller, and figured that this would be a great way to do it. Ah well, maybe someone will figure out how to do it one day.

One last question: if the Bluetooth was "enabled" one day, would the signal be able to pass through one wall, or would it lose too much strength. My tv is approximately 15 feet from where the bluetooth USB adapter would be, as the crow flies, so to speak.

Thanks again.

I am pretty sure that it would be able to get through the wall. I have listened to music through a wall before while I was going to the bathroom. It may be questionable but I think it would work. I don't think I understood why you asked though.

hockey2112
January 21st, 2007, 05:40
I am pretty sure that it would be able to get through the wall. I have listened to music through a wall before while I was going to the bathroom. It may be questionable but I think it would work. I don't think I understood why you asked though.

I just thought that the PS3 controller would be a great one to use for the games. I knew that it had Bluetooth, and figured it might be a good way to have a kick-ass bluetooth wireless controller for my PC.

If you have any other recommendations for bluetooth PC controllers, please do let me know.

Italian33087
January 21st, 2007, 07:42
All these things have not worked for hooking my PS3 controller up to the computer. I plugged it in, Windows say new hardware found, installed, and ready to use and Windows recognizes it in Control Panel. However, I cannot calibrate or test it, no lights light up, and it doesn't work in any games. I also get the immediate opening and closing of the DOS program, but I have managed to bypass that and get it to stay open if I open up DOS myself and run the program from there. It says it detects 4 busses and thats it. Nothing else. Anyway, I have a feeling its not working because I run Windows x64 and that driver clearly says Win32 in the name. Anyone have any helpful advice or know where a 64 bit driver is? Any help is much appreciated and I thank you in advance.

JJackz
January 21st, 2007, 19:12
I don't know if anyone else encountered this, but when I boot the DOS Command, It tells me found 5 busses.

Mofoe2001
January 22nd, 2007, 10:47
All these things have not worked for hooking my PS3 controller up to the computer. I plugged it in, Windows say new hardware found, installed, and ready to use and Windows recognizes it in Control Panel. However, I cannot calibrate or test it, no lights light up, and it doesn't work in any games. I also get the immediate opening and closing of the DOS program, but I have managed to bypass that and get it to stay open if I open up DOS myself and run the program from there. It says it detects 4 busses and thats it. Nothing else. Anyway, I have a feeling its not working because I run Windows x64 and that driver clearly says Win32 in the name. Anyone have any helpful advice or know where a 64 bit driver is? Any help is much appreciated and I thank you in advance.

What he said.

illthreat
January 25th, 2007, 21:43
ditto

hexmex357
January 26th, 2007, 02:16
It took a while but got it to work on the homebrew games. all the red leds are flashing. I press the ps button a few times while I was in the control panel game controller properties. Then boom started working.

windraver
January 27th, 2007, 10:35
oh darn.... blue tooth doesn't work.. funny.. the controller worked right out of the box.. no drivers..

so does the six axis motion sensor thing work for you guys? doesn't work for me >.>

Vendeta
January 27th, 2007, 17:59
to late... like right after i got my ps3 and beat all the games i had and started playing sum pc games i modified my old xbox controller to fit my pc... only took 10 min....

jedijawn
January 28th, 2007, 10:15
I just wanted to know if anyone knows what buttons are 18 & 19 on this controller. When I go into the control panel in windows and locate this PS3 controller properties it shows 19 buttons but I can only locate up to button 17 which is the PS button. Please post if anyone knows the location of these 2 buttons. Thankx:thumbup:

Italian33087
January 29th, 2007, 06:26
Buttons 18 and 19 are probably the joystick buttons. So, anyone know of a Windows x64 version of this driver or what to do if you run Windows x64?

jpownz
February 4th, 2007, 07:35
I had some troubles at first, It recognized it, but in the control panel none of the buttons worked, but i think it's because the controller wasn't charged. I had just opened it and it has to charge the battery for a while first. I don't know what 18 and 19 are. Is anyone working on getting the sixaxis motion sensors to work, thats what i really want.

isamu
February 5th, 2007, 02:56
hmm, so for sure it works? What about with third party gamepads?

Joborule
February 5th, 2007, 03:11
Hey there,

I recently got NHL 07 for my PC and since I can't stand playing games on the keyboard, I want to use a controller.

Since I got a PS3, I thought that using that would be perfect to use since it's got a USB cord with it and hear the 360 controller works with NHL on PC.

So I went through the whole process of getting the computer to detect the controller and it recognizes it, I tested it in the control panel and it looks like it works fine.

So I get into the game, then the controller goes crazy!

I can't get anywhere into the game because it goes nuts in the menu moving up and down non-stop very fast!

Anyone has a problem like with a controller and have any suggestions I what I should try to fix this?

mrazzino
February 6th, 2007, 07:29
My controller just has the 4 lights flashing and games don't recognize any of the buttons. What am I doing wrong?

isamu
February 6th, 2007, 17:27
Guys, do you know if windows app will recognize THIRD party PS3 arcade sticks like the new Virtua Stick High Grade controller or the new Arcade Stick from Hori?

mrazzino
February 10th, 2007, 20:04
Interestingly enough, I finally got mine to work. No lights are on but it is detected by Windows and games alike. Just played some xwars with it - if you haven't tried it, definitely a fun game if you don't have a 360.

EnderIII
February 11th, 2007, 04:07
I am trying to make it work with Battlefield 2142 but the sensitivity is set way to high. If the analog stick doesn't settle just right in the dead zone it will move a little, any ways to fix this?

12gaige
February 13th, 2007, 02:10
When I go to open the sixaxis_en.exe program it only stays open for a quick second. How would I keep it open so my PS3 Conroller locates the computer? I tried running it as a command (start menu, then run, put in cmd, took me to the command menu, and i put in COMMAND then my file name; but is says bad path or something to that matter. Please get back to me, i am very eager to play some old school emulators on my computer; with a ps3 controller. Much better then using the keyboard.

joshisposer
February 13th, 2007, 05:53
It is suppose to open then close

KonVirus
February 13th, 2007, 20:11
Why doesnt my controller work with RE4? I installed the driver, Vista detects it but wont work with RE4...You cant play RE4 without a controller.

KonVirus
February 13th, 2007, 22:42
Does this program support Vista? When i connect my controller, my lights just flash...

Aasplat
February 15th, 2007, 20:30
Iono why everyone is having trouble. Mine works flawlessly, but I just cant use the d-pad when playing Melty Blood. =/

Voltage411
February 17th, 2007, 18:26
ok im not very god with computers, could someone plz explain this to me step by step

iSupes
February 23rd, 2007, 07:52
I think everyone is having the same problem with me, and sadly that guide didn't fix anything.

in the step

Now, if the controller doesn’t work for you, I can’t really offer much help. But I can at least show you if your computer is recognizing the controller. To access Device Manager, right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware Tab -> Device Manager.

that's exactly what my problem is, the controller just doesn't work. I can press all the buttons I want, and it doesn't do anything, also, all 4 red lights on controller blink if that means anything.

I even checked the Human Interface Devices for PS3 controller, and it's exactly like yours.

K, had the same problem, and this is what I did:
Plug the controller in, press PS button let Windows recognize it, etc.
Goto Device Manager and locate the controller under Human Interface Devices (I think), right click and uninstall.
Run the ps3 sixaxis util provided in this thread
In device manager right click on your computer name and click on scan for changes

This should pick up the controller again and you should be able to use the buttons :)
(well this worked for me anyway)

krzys75
February 23rd, 2007, 17:52
thx i have 2 pads for ps3 but my ps3 still not comming right now i can use this at last ;]
cheers
krzys75

InRuin
February 24th, 2007, 10:25
Is there anyway to reassign the buttons? For example, I'm in the controller properties test tab and I hit Triangle, it shows as button 13, Circle button 14, X button 15, Square button 16. Is there anyway to change it so when I press them they're recognized as buttons 7, 8, 9 and 10 instead?

CJM3407
February 24th, 2007, 16:15
turn on on the computer

Zalibidas
February 24th, 2007, 16:46
1. Download the files, and use the "libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1" file. Follow the instructions until its installed.
2. Plug in the PS3 controller.
3. Open control panel, then game controllers. Make sure its on there. You should notice the PS3 controller is doing nothing right now. Open properties for the controller to enter the test screen, and leave it there.
4. Run "ps3sixaxis_en". It SHOULD open and close. Now go back to the screen where the controller test is and hit the PS button a few times. Button 17 should light up. If it does, congrats, your controller is working.

This is what I did to make it work. I don't do this now cause its much more simple to do now that I know how.

Once you get it going, every time you plug it in, just run ps3sixaxis_en and hit the ps button.

Hope that helped, and good luck getting it to work.

basket95
February 27th, 2007, 18:06
Where do I download the "libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1" file?

Can someone email the unpacked files, please?
I am having trouble unpacking.
Email: [email protected]

I would be glad if anyone send the files!

mavsman4457
February 27th, 2007, 18:51
Now we just need a program that allows for more than one controller to be used with a better interface rather than a DOS window that opens then closes right away.

Zalibidas
February 28th, 2007, 01:10
Use a program called Winrar to unpack it. Just google it.

mavsman4457
February 28th, 2007, 03:02
If that doesn't work then you could try 7zip or winzip. I think 7zip is free and winzip isn't.

Xcliber
March 3rd, 2007, 04:44
Does this work in Windows Vista?

If so I'm gonna go out and by me a PS3 controller just for use on the PC!
It beats the heck out of my modified Xbox (original) controller(I patched the wires with a usb cord and use the XBCD 1.07 drivers which don't work in Vista BTW)

tegots
March 4th, 2007, 14:04
have u tried to go on the control panel and game controllers and tryed to calibrate the controler ?! after i did this, everything did ok

Xcliber
March 4th, 2007, 19:07
no i didn't! thnx ill try it but i would still like to see the PS3 controller on Vista.

Creative Suite
March 4th, 2007, 22:39
Hi guys all button works perfectly with me .. but the 4 lights still flashing .. is that natural ?

mavsman4457
March 5th, 2007, 02:06
Hi guys all button works perfectly with me .. but the 4 lights still flashing .. is that natural ?

Yup it's natural, kind of annoying but still natural.

7he_Don
March 5th, 2007, 02:44
this shit dont work. how do i get it to work. i did everything he said to do and i get the same shit mavsman4457 dose. please help me.

tensuke
March 6th, 2007, 04:04
Maybe the lights flash because it is charging, dunno.
Worked just fine for me in Vista (32-bit), tried and worked in RPG Maker XP and in ZSNES.
Don't have any real games to try it with yet, but I'll report back if it doesn't work with anything.

Tru_Slice
March 8th, 2007, 03:39
I'm giving up on the usb driver...

...and trying bluetooth instead. I would imagine that the PS3 itselt has the bluetooth driver for the controller inside its hardrive, right? Somebody should take out the hardrive and hook it up to their pc...and see what's inside.

I would, had I the funds to replace the PS3 once I screw it up...somebody with a replacement probably?

joshisposer
March 8th, 2007, 03:55
This works great on Project 64. I am supplying u with a configuration with the controller that I like very much but isn't the perfect way but the best way i can make it.
Square is B. X is A. Triangle is UP-C. O is Down-C. L2 is Left-C. R2 is Right-C. DPad is DPad. Analog is analog. Z is L3.
That is the best way that i could make it that made sense. If someone can get the right analog to work as the C buttons, please post it.

I've only got 12 buttons that it shows. Does this vary from CPU to CPU because my bro's computer has a different amount also...

A_Username
March 10th, 2007, 02:59
Goto Device Manager and locate the controller under Human Interface Devices (I think), right click and uninstall.
In device manager right click on your computer name and click on scan for changes

This should pick up the controller again and you should be able to use the buttons

Worked for me too.

cottcody
March 10th, 2007, 23:22
After doing this will the PS3 controller still work with the PS3? or will it be stuck to windows only?

cottcody
March 11th, 2007, 18:00
K so i followed the initial steps givin, and it just keeps flashing the 4 lights indicating that its charging, and yet Windows has detected that its on there and running. Help Please

bushyhead369
March 12th, 2007, 11:26
wtf i dont know what to do with the .rar file, i have no fing idea every thing just says download some s#!+, but adobe wont open it! WTF??

darth_angmar
March 12th, 2007, 22:49
When I run the program in command line it says found 5 busses. I did everything the way it has said to multiple times, but no luck. None of the buttons work. Any help?

darth_angmar
March 13th, 2007, 18:46
Open the file with winrar. Its free off of the internet, just google it. I think my problem is that the ps3sixaxis program does not recognize the controller. It just says found 5 busses, I think that means USB ports, but it doesn't find the controller after that. Any suggestions?

Zalibidas
March 14th, 2007, 00:43
darth_angmar, you DID remember to press the PS button after you opened ps3sixaxis right? It won't work unless you do.

darth_angmar
March 14th, 2007, 00:52
Before, after, and during...I've tried pushing it at all these times. After you push the PS button, do the lights stay on? When you run lib-usb test does it say anything? And does it say anything in DOS besides found five busses during the ps3sixaxis_en.exe?

darth_angmar
March 14th, 2007, 01:04
Sry, one more question. Does it matter where you extract ps3sixaxis to?

ShinFuYux
March 14th, 2007, 16:43
I installed both files.
I pressed the PS button.
I checked if my PC recognizes it and it does.

But when I do a test for it, nothing seems to respond. I kept pressing the PS button, but nothing. I open a emulator, played a rom and nothing. It's like my computer denies the controller's functions .

Can't you guys create a better hack for this....

darth_angmar
March 14th, 2007, 17:41
Same problem here.

callumohare
March 16th, 2007, 05:00
Omg! Thank you iSupes!!! Thank you so friken much!

jimmie_snuka
March 16th, 2007, 16:22
it works great with all my emulators but I can't get it to work with PC games but that's cool, anyway. Thanks!

Dradien
March 18th, 2007, 03:23
Ok, I got the thing configured in Windows XP properly, but it is seen as a game controller. Anyway I can make it work as a mouse?

Thanks.

DonArmageddon
March 20th, 2007, 06:32
Hey guys,

Anyone try this with MAME? I managed to install the controller properly, but the emulator won't recognize it ingame.

slfaranda
March 21st, 2007, 00:28
hey everyone first time posting here. i did all of this to use it with project 64. i installed all the stuff and did as told, however the default settings suck for this controller, it goes something like b is right analog click and start is a. really sucks. obivously i want to change it, however when i click the box to change the thing on project 64 it automatically makes what was in the box turn to "Rz -" and occasionaly "Rz +" i would just like to know how to change this because it will not allow me, or if someone can make a configuartion like this for me, analog- stick
b- square
a- x
L- L1
R- R1
z-R2
start- start
left pad- left dpad
right pad- right dpad
down pad- down dpad
up pad- down dpad
c left-L3
c down-R3
c up- triangle
c right- circle

thanks a million

lepiaf69
March 24th, 2007, 19:07
the driver with the pad PS3 goes well ?
who could test that?

slfaranda
March 25th, 2007, 23:21
hey i fixed my issue above. jsut increased the deadzone, works wonderfully now. BTW EVERYONE you do not need to install drivers or anything if u just use the logitech coolstream ps3 controller i had purchased it for ps3 obviously and used it and it recognized it right away and works in project 64 great. plus it has a built in fan... great stuff!

slfaranda
March 25th, 2007, 23:22
oh and one last thing. anyone know of a way to play n64 online? like through a program or something wehre u can play multiplayer in golden eye against someone from out of town.? any help is greatly appreciated

kidf5
March 25th, 2007, 23:39
how to use it with project 64 damn i so sick of this shit can someone tell me how to get it to work HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lepiaf69
March 26th, 2007, 19:06
I bought the manette ps3 for my pc today ;).

That is possible to use "6 axes" with the manette ps3 on game pc ?

schmiene
March 28th, 2007, 05:43
hi guys...
i try to get my sixaxis controller running... i installed everything like everybodey else did here and my pc recognizes it... so i can calibrate it, although just around the z axis which was completely different when i added the xbox 360 controller... 5 busses are found and he tells me that he found the ps3 controller, but when i want to use it.. let's say in life for speed (the only game i have on my pc.. well am a girl) the continuous controls/joysticks don't react at all... so i am not able to steer.. does the sixaxis just react on emulator games or should it work with any pc game? and did anybody of u tried to emulate the controller itself e.g. with glove pie?

please help! :(

Mrakor
March 28th, 2007, 14:12
What about proper support for the triggers?

newkidd
March 29th, 2007, 00:54
yeah so, i just read this whole thread...and followed every instruction that was on here...

my problem i guess is i get window to recognize it, but it wont install it as anything.
no matter what i try, i cant get the driver to recognize on windows to install it.

can anyone help me out?

newkidd
March 29th, 2007, 01:37
yeah so i figured out how to install the ps3 controller as a hi device, but every time i try to run the ps3sixaxis_en program, it starts the program then crashes before it has a chance to start the initiator.... what can i do to keep this from crashing?

gopro
March 29th, 2007, 19:33
I bought a ps3 controller, and it works xD

One thing, does this support the sixaxis aswell, I'd like to play my MS flight sim X with this controller.

M-Tuning
April 2nd, 2007, 12:59
1. Download the files, and use the "libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1" file. Follow the instructions until its installed.
3. Open control panel, then game controllers. Make sure its on there. You should notice the PS3 controller is doing nothing right now. Open properties for the controller to enter the test screen, and leave it there.
4. Run "ps3sixaxis_en". It SHOULD open and close. Now go back to the screen where the controller test is and hit the PS button a few times. Button 17 should light up. If it does, congrats, your controller is working.

This is what I did to make it work. I don't do this now cause its much more simple to do now that I know how.

Once you get it going, every time you plug it in, just run ps3sixaxis_en and hit the ps button.

Thanks, it worked for me

lebdingo
April 3rd, 2007, 00:11
I want to say thanks to author of these drivers.

Just like some of these guys I had a hell of time getting it to work. I uninstalled, reinstalled about 5 times. My screen read 5 bussess during the dos executable. Finally , i had the game controller open in control panel and it was detecting the sixaxis but i was having the same prob as the other guys because i couldn't get the controller to respond to the calibration. When i installed the last time , after i put installed the drivers, i left the game controller window open and ran the executable and kept tapping the ps button during all the step. Dont know why but i finally worked.

Socky
April 4th, 2007, 15:44
is there a program that allows me to remap the buttons on the PS3 Controller?

Triv1um
April 5th, 2007, 14:27
It doesnt work :(

Who ever knows how to do this, pm me.

EDIT - ive got it working, awesome.

MajorBill
April 9th, 2007, 04:50
I have the controller working now, and I want to play it with BF2, except that only one analog only functions, and I can't look around except by using my mouse.

My question is, is that is it posibble to use the controller analog stick as a mouse? Or can I change that in-game?

deanos63
April 9th, 2007, 16:13
does anyone have pro evolution soccer 6? i can't get the d-pad to work or the other buttons, the only buttons that work on this game are the left and right analoge sticks and the r1 and r2 buttons and start.

does anyone know how to get the all to work?

Wojjie
April 12th, 2007, 10:46
Ahhh, finally!

I managed to get the PS3 controller working. It was a bit tricky, but this is what I did:

I originally installed a different version of libusb than the suggested one: 0.1.10.1

Each time I would uninstall and reinstall, it would keep the newer drivers. So what I ended up doing is:

1. uninstalling libusb
2. manually deleting the following files:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\libusb0.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\libusb0.sys

3. installing libusb 0.1.10.1 from here (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/libusb-win32/libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe?modtime=1110398222&big_mirror=0).
4. let the test application run after installation, and make sure the DLL and Driver Version is 0.1.10.1
5. Plug in your PS3 controller
6. Run the ps3sixaxis_en.exe program
7. Press the PS3 button on the controller.
8. Repeat step 6-7 till the ps3sixaxis_en.exe says "found PLAYSTATION(R)3 SIXAXIS controller", at which point the controller should work in Control Panel -> Game Controllers -> PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller -> Test

Hope this helps those that are banging their heads like I was!

Chippy_2206
April 13th, 2007, 00:28
im having the same problem that a command promt only shows for a second...what do i do?

popezzz
April 13th, 2007, 18:06
omg chippy have you not read any of the previous post? its supose to open then close!

thakey
April 15th, 2007, 23:39
hello everybody im new to all this and im runnin zsnes and ive got the controller workin in the test screen but when i open a rom i can only use the keyboard how do i zsnes to recognize the controller...sorry for the noob question...thanks

Scally
April 16th, 2007, 18:10
Does not work for me either the first file libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe is corrupt???

jb8986
April 16th, 2007, 18:53
Hey, I got Windows to find the PS3 controller, and the calibration seems fine too.

Its just on ProEvo 6 it doesn't seem to like the buttons, as previously posted, it only finds the toogles and L2, any ideas?

PS - Thanks for the tips:)

Leo_
April 16th, 2007, 19:19
works on windows vista (32-bits) with pc-games?? i'm gonna get a gamepad, maybe sony sixasis if yes! plz somebody try?

jb8986
April 17th, 2007, 19:13
In the end I didn't bother with the PS3 controller, could not get it to work properly.

Instead I am now using a Ps2 controller with an adaptor to play Pro Evo on the PC

Might be worth a go if anyone else is in the same situation.

Can't seem to get it to recognize R1 and L1 though:(

clsnwbrdr616
April 18th, 2007, 09:33

This should pick up the controller again and you should be able to use the buttons :)

Thank you! This fixed it for me too. :)

insomniak
April 19th, 2007, 10:43
what do buttons 18 and 19 do??

Leo_
April 19th, 2007, 18:53
I've tried to use sony sixasis on windows vista but file ps3sixasis_en.exe take un error and close itself. any idea??

Windows Vista detect gamepad but I can't calibrate it. Please help.

mavsman4457
April 20th, 2007, 21:29
Does anybody know if there will be a new version of this so we can use two Sixaxes on one computer?

dan_reece
April 21st, 2007, 17:14
this is amazing!

only fault i have with it is i forget to turn the power off to my ps3 upstairs so i keep accidently turning it on (lucky havnt been unlucky enough to come across format yet) and playing MSG1 through this controller is the best thing ever! ive dumped all the games and drivers on a usb so i can have retro moments in college (street-fighter2 is my current addiction).

thanks for a great driver.
bet ppl who PAID for PS2/xbox adapters feel a bit silly.

fireball2361
April 21st, 2007, 18:06
[Whenever I run the ps3sixaxis_en.exe it just shows a command prompt for a second then exits right away and won't let me do anything. i have same problem some know wht goin on?????

giggilygault
April 22nd, 2007, 14:44
Can any one help me out I cant get this to work can some explain it step by step please?

EinZteiN
April 24th, 2007, 20:05
thanks for a great driver.
bet ppl who PAID for PS2/xbox adapters feel a bit silly.

not a smart statement: i've had my ps2>usb adapter for 4 years now, and have played countless hours of my favorite games using a ps2 controller on it... having payed $10 and having given me so much pleasure and fun, I can only say I'm sorry for you, not enjoying it as much as I did...

I bet most of the other folks who have one (adapter) don't feel silly at all.. besides, mine (and most) work with 2 PS2 controllers... what's to feel silly about?

Good luck with your next comment m8,
~EinZteiN

mavsman4457
April 24th, 2007, 20:11
not a smart statement: i've had my ps2>usb adapter for 4 years now, and have played countless hours of my favorite games using a ps2 controller on it... having payed $10 and having given me so much pleasure and fun, I can only say I'm sorry for you, not enjoying it as much as I did...

I bet most of the other folks who have one (adapter) don't feel silly at all.. besides, mine (and most) work with 2 PS2 controllers... what's to feel silly about?

Good luck with your next comment m8,
~EinZteiN

No need for the flaming at all. And to anyone that experiences the command prompt opening then closing, that is what is supposed to happen and this has been addressed many times in this thread.

EinZteiN
April 26th, 2007, 18:26
I've tried to use sony sixasis on windows vista but file ps3sixasis_en.exe take un error and close itself. any idea??

Windows Vista detect gamepad but I can't calibrate it. Please help.

Don't calibrate it m8...
Works fine out of the box...

You need to configure the game you want to play with the respective buttons... no need to calibrate a joypad!! Calibration exists mainly for flight joysticks.. :)

cheers,
~EinZteiN

EinZteiN
April 26th, 2007, 18:59
Configure the buttons within the "Settings" app of PES6...

I did that, and had to remap most of the buttons, but the controller and all the buttons where detected correctly. Works like a charm m8 :)

cheers,
~EinZteiN

Schwarzer Riese
April 28th, 2007, 20:32
Hi There!

I would like to know what's he lastest State of this Sixaxis Drivers.

Some People say, it works only with USB, others say it works with Bluetooth too, and again others say it even works with the Motion Sensors...

So perhaps could anyone say what's the lastest State with it?
What is working and what doesn't work?

I'm sorry that I can't test this myself , because I neither own a PS3 nor the Controller or a Bluetooth 2.0 Stick ...
And I could not find Answers to these Questions In this Thread.
(Except that one Person said it works with Bluetooth)

I really dream of using this Controller with Bluetooth and the Motion Sensing technology.
And this would be the only reason for me to buy this Controller for PC...

Perhaps, if anyone can Help in answering these Questions this would be really fantastic...

I hope you can help me.

Best Regards, Schwarzer Riese

mavsman4457
April 28th, 2007, 21:09
Hi There!

I would like to know what's he lastest State of this Sixaxis Drivers.

Some People say, it works only with USB, others say it works with Bluetooth too, and again others say it even works with the Motion Sensors...

So perhaps could anyone say what's the lastest State with it?
What is working and what doesn't work?

I'm sorry that I can't test this myself , because I neither own a PS3 nor the Controller or a Bluetooth 2.0 Stick ...
And I could not find Answers to these Questions In this Thread.
(Except that one Person said it works with Bluetooth)

I really dream of using this Controller with Bluetooth and the Motion Sensing technology.
And this would be the only reason for me to buy this Controller for PC...

Perhaps, if anyone can Help in answering these Questions this would be really fantastic...

I hope you can help me.

That is the right way to ask a question right there, good first post my friend. As for your question I am sad to say that these drivers are primitive. They only allow for the use of one controller and only work through USB and I'm not sure about motion sensing but I am pretty sure that that does not work. But don't worry I'm sure that someone will improve it so that bluetooth, motion sensing, and extra controllers will work, in the future.

RiotGirlPR
April 29th, 2007, 00:28
hello everybody im new to all this and im runnin zsnes and ive got the controller workin in the test screen but when i open a rom i can only use the keyboard how do i zsnes to recognize the controller...sorry for the noob question...thanks
^^^ Same thing happening to me.

I have read every single post in this 15-pages thread and I've tried everything and my only success was to make windows recognize it and calibrate it but I try to use it with the zsnes emulator and it won't work :(

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but there are no lights on (they used to be but I guess it was only while it charged, I think it's done now).

Can anyone please tell me if I need to do anything else?

If it doesn't work, then I'll buy the adapter for the playstation controllers. I was going to buy it anyways because you can connect 2 controllers but until it arrives (buying it on eBay), I wanted to play with this one.

If this helps:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3858/sixaxis2ri7.jpg

jedijawn
April 29th, 2007, 02:22
what do buttons 18 and 19 do??
I've asked the same question before... seem's like no one knows...some one said they were the L3 & R3 thumb sticks but those are buttons 2 & 3. Let me know if you find out. :)

RiotGirlPR
April 29th, 2007, 19:07

RiotGirlPR
April 30th, 2007, 23:10
No-one?

Schwarzer Riese
May 1st, 2007, 00:04
That is the right way to ask a question right there, good first post my friend. As for your question I am sad to say that these drivers are primitive. They only allow for the use of one controller and only work through USB and I'm not sure about motion sensing but I am pretty sure that that does not work. But don't worry I'm sure that someone will improve it so that bluetooth, motion sensing, and extra controllers will work, in the future.

@mavsman4457:
Yeah, thank you very much for your fast answer.

Let's hope these Drivers will be improved in Future and allow to use Motion Sensing and Bluetooth-Connection to play Games.
This would be really cool.

By the Way:
In a German Forum I have found persons which are saying that they play Games with the Sixaxis Controller and Motion Sensing activated!

I'll take a look there and ask them if this is really true, and if, how to do it...
If I get any Updates on what to do I'll post it here...

Interesting:
There is also Somebody who said, that playing PC Games with the Sixaxis-Technology is nice, but playing with the Wiimote is better.
This Guy has both of the Controllers and said that the Wiimote is more precise than the Sixaxis.
(Also it works over Bluetooth)

So let's see what I can get known on this, and what the Future brings. :thumbup:

mavsman4457
May 1st, 2007, 13:09
There are drivers for Linux that allow you to use it through bluetooth and use the motion sensing so I am going to give those a try once I get ubuntu installed on my PS3.

hockey2112
May 1st, 2007, 18:42
There are drivers for Linux that allow you to use it through bluetooth and use the motion sensing so I am going to give those a try once I get ubuntu installed on my PS3.

Finally :)

Keep us posted on how well it works. Hopefully they will release the same type of drivers for XP.

xharukix
May 2nd, 2007, 02:34
You rock! This is awesome. I used it for Spider-man 3. It's rockin!! Thanks for the mod there.

frisky_wisky
May 2nd, 2007, 14:32
ok well i have installed this, and i even have it showing in game controllers inside the control panel, although it just sits there blinking at me, i push the PS button hundreds of times and still no results.... HOW DO I GET THIS TOO WORK ? lol, its so annoying i jsut wanna play games... :(

bezeek
May 2nd, 2007, 19:37
Hey, I just joined and am trying to download these drivers... but I always get a 'not logged in' error when I click on attachments. Is there a restriction on new users?

- Brian

ps4ever
May 3rd, 2007, 00:06
why does the downloaded file only open as a windows media file, how do i un pack it?

frisky_wisky
May 3rd, 2007, 11:51
ok well i have installed this, and i even have it showing in game controllers inside the control panel, although it just sits there blinking at me, i push the PS button hundreds of times and still no results.... HOW DO I GET THIS TOO WORK ? lol, its so annoying i jsut wanna play games... :(

Please could someone help me, i wanna be able to play spiderman 3 with my PS3 pad, if i cant iw ill go out and buy that wireless converter for the xbox 360 pad. But woudl really like it if i could get some help on here first. Please anyone that is good with this sorta thing can u please give me some help, much would be much apprechiated.

shinkansen
May 5th, 2007, 17:37
Someone posted a video on youtube that explains how to get it working. This worked for me. http://youtube.com/watch?v=5M2f1djOSOs

1. After the drivers/software have been installed, you need to move the file ps3sixaxis_en.exe into system32 folder and execute the file from this directory. Every time you boot the PC, the file must be run also.

2. Make sure that you press the PS button when you go into the game controller config in the control panel. The buttons should now respond in the config menu.

I'm not sure which one comes first 1 or 2 but try both either order.

Shadowreaver
May 12th, 2007, 20:29
One question, when i am using project64, i cant get the right analouge stick to work. suggestions?

ohno900
May 13th, 2007, 07:24
Wow this is amazing! Works with all my joystick enabled games. I can play San Andreas like I'm playing the PS2 version! Pretty amazing.

as1
May 16th, 2007, 07:05
I have tried it and works for me. The sixaxis movements don't work but it fine.

Important: Download the LibUSB-Win32 from sourceforge version 0.1.10.1 because ps3sixaxis_en works only with this version.

Thank so much!!!

mavsman4457
May 16th, 2007, 21:48
This thread has noobs coming out the rear and the front. Your best bet is to search for your answers and not ask questions.

phoenon
May 16th, 2007, 22:53
Someone knows where or wich buttons are 18 and 19?
This drivers really rocks!!
thank you

bobthefirst
May 18th, 2007, 02:39
Works great! Thanks

hendrixdude
May 22nd, 2007, 01:01
I never moved any files at all. Just downloaded, ran the installer, than clicked the DOS.exe. Then I press the PS button and it's working perfectly, including six-axis, never moved anything to the system32 folder....:O

suil
May 25th, 2007, 20:03
mine actually shows 2

suil
May 25th, 2007, 20:14
Thanks that sorted my problem! an i think that is what others are having aswell. so any one of u guys reading this do it cuz dis works!!! thanks again!!! now iv gotta configure the buttons...

suil
May 25th, 2007, 20:19

you will notice the lights turn off. No need to worry it still works. And by the way i copied this from a guy which i tried and it worked so i thought you lot might aswell do the same!!!

DirtyShady
May 26th, 2007, 17:05
Excuse me, I want to install Vista "64Bit" on my PC.

I just want know if the driver work very well with a 64Bit system ?

Now I have Vista 32Bit and the driver work perfectly, but I prefer to install 64Bit version.

Anyone could make update of this driver ? It is an old version.

Fix some bugs, add fonctionality, etc....

Thanks ;)

sunilgafar
May 26th, 2007, 17:36

the sudden disappear of the command promt is because, you may have to unrar (unzip) or extract through the program, then you could see the .exe file, then double click-- you should see the command prompt wihtout flashing away...you are acutally trying unrar and executing in one shot.

acn010
May 26th, 2007, 17:38
Excuse me, I want to install Vista "64Bit" on my PC.

I just want know if the driver work very well with a 64Bit system ?

Now I have Vista 32Bit and the driver work perfectly, but I prefer to install 64Bit version.

Anyone could make update of this driver ? It is an old version.

Fix some bugs, add fonctionality, etc....

Thanks ;)
buy a new computer:rofl:

DirtyShady
May 26th, 2007, 18:08
buy a new computer:rofl:

Why ?? :confused:

I just want a new driver with Vista 64 compatibility.

I don't understand your answer...:confused:

triedge
May 29th, 2007, 04:50
is there a mod to alow controlers for wow

Akurama Kuramata
June 3rd, 2007, 04:06
I tried a bunch of times it doesnt work.

1x4 Tetris Block
June 3rd, 2007, 20:47
I got mine working, thanks for all the posts on here helping. I do find i have to run the executable every time i reboot my PC, but have not had to put it in the System 32 folder. I am going to use Tuneup Utils 2007 and add the executable to my startup to solve that.

I just have one issue, i cannot get the second (right side) analog stick to work, has anyone else been able to use it? Thanks.

ABAB
June 7th, 2007, 11:17
Hello is good for me, thanks

andyendean
June 9th, 2007, 10:56
i couldnt get it to work the rar files are corrupt aparntly any 1 tell me whats rong

tornadokick
June 10th, 2007, 04:16
ahhhh i think i figured out the problem for ppl who can't get the stupid program to work.

If you notice, the program that comes with the sixaxis patch is labeled "0.1.10.1". When I did the lubusb search, i found a "lubusb" file (not a dll file, but a system file), and when i moused over it, a window came up saying it was "0.1.12.1". When you install libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1, it doesn't seem to erase the 0.1.12.1 system file, probably because the file it would be replacing is newer than the sixaxis fix. I think it's this inconsistency that's throwing everybody off.

1. do a search for "libusb" without any file extension. there should be a non-dll file that comes up in the c:\windows\
system32\drivers folder. delete that sucker.

2. uninstall and reinstall the libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1 for the sixaxis patch.

3. plug in your sixaxis controller, fire up the control panel/game controller

Just a note, i'm not a programmer or anything, i could have blowed up my computer fiddling around with this, but once i got rid of that system file and installed libusb all over again, it worked like a charm.

I hope it works for you, too.

Time to fire up some Dreamcast roms!

k_chug
June 12th, 2007, 02:49
Is this a hack to make your SIXAXIS work as a mouse or just to make it work for emulators?

aspcartman
June 14th, 2007, 22:29
Guys, is it possible to use it with wii like mode (real SIX AXIS?) It's work with me fine like usual joystic. In windows control panel joystic test wii things are not working. But all buttons and rollers are good.:thumbup:

aspcartman
June 14th, 2007, 23:57
Someone pleease! Motion is not working!! :(

aspcartman
June 15th, 2007, 17:29
May some one explane how it works? I just always use opensource systems (Linux Ubuntu) and i usually can find all sources by myself. How can i edit this stuff? I need gyroscope ((( I don't need just joystic (keyboard+mouse=good. joystic=sucks. joystic+gyroscope(sexaxis)=best)

queka
June 18th, 2007, 06:46
k first of all xbox controllers SUCK.....second.....PLAYSTATION CONTROLLERS RULE EVERY OTHER CONTROLER....microsoft, nintendo, and even sega, have yet to come up with something that can match the design of the playstation....look at nintendo....they've had like 15 different controllers, and playstation has had one main design, just upgraded with the analog, and now the sixaxis, noone can touch them

Technopaz
June 20th, 2007, 21:38
keep gettin' "File is corupt" when extracting!

imagremlin
June 21st, 2007, 22:54
Why, why why does it have to be a rar file. What's wrong with you people.

Some of us dont want to install more crapware in our machines. WinZip is the standard, and it comes with ths OS.

Come on, this is freaking ridiculous

Bluff
June 23rd, 2007, 13:15

The executable file just does a run once type thing, you don't need to open that to use the controller, just to initially install it.

MMuecke
June 26th, 2007, 16:07
I find it interesting that everyone thinks the six axis needs a driver to work in windows. In fact, since it is a standard HID device, it should work just fine. The only thing is, Sony designed the six axis so that it does not behave like a standard HID device. They actually had to go out of their way to make it not work! I've done extensive research into the controller and it reports it's HID functionality properly in every way. The only thing it doesn't do is report the data back. Presumably, the hack sends a command to the controller to start reporting. That's all it does.

In a similar move, Sony does not seem to keep any power to USB devices when in standby. So, there is no way to turn it on/off via a controller except through Blutooth. If anyone knows how to get the PS3 to turn on/off via USB, please enlighten me as I am working on an IR dongle to allow any Universal remote to control the PS3.

serffv
June 30th, 2007, 02:15
mine works but through usb
i made it work with japanese driver

anybody got luck w/bluetooth? any step-by-step instructions?

the main idea for me is to use HDTV with hooked up laptop through bluetooth

Bishop0016
June 30th, 2007, 19:46
Is it possible to have 2 controllers to work at the same time.

rocky1813
July 1st, 2007, 15:49
Where did u get the japanese driver from?

serffv
July 3rd, 2007, 21:13
Where did u get the japanese driver from?

post #18

WM5SMQ
July 8th, 2007, 14:31
I HAVE NOT TRIED BUT CAN YOU USE IT AS A pc MOUSE

JadeEagle
July 10th, 2007, 16:21
Beautiful, just beautiful. I love using the Sixaxis for Transformers: The Game. Makes it so much..... easier.

ss4_zohair1
July 10th, 2007, 20:45
sweet i got it to work

ss4_zohair1
July 10th, 2007, 21:19
never mind it doesnt work it connected to my ps3 instead

slashtiger
July 12th, 2007, 18:52
Sorry, mate... No luck here... Maybe I need to think it over a bit more before trying again. Might just have overlooked something...

Isaac356
July 15th, 2007, 02:22
I HAVE NOT TRIED BUT CAN YOU USE IT AS A pc MOUSE

If you get GlovePIE it works as a mouse, you have to program it yourself, though...

Isaac356
July 15th, 2007, 18:25
Okay, this is a unique problem. I promise:) In searching all 21 pages of this thread, I haven't seen an answer, or even a similar problem.

Let me start by saying that I've gotten this to work in the past. I've used my sixaxis controller on my laptop (Windows XP, SP2) and have played games with it.

Since then, I bought a new desktop (Vista Home Premium). I followed the steps exactly the same way as when I installed it on my laptop. I have libusb 1.10.1 installed, but the problem is my computer doesn't recognize it as a HID-compliant device.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Isaac356/DevMan.jpg

As you can see, it just shows up as an "Other Device". It also constantly prompts me for drivers. Does anyone know if this is just a problem in Vista?

Kerberos
July 15th, 2007, 21:42
Has anyone figured out how to change the button configuration?

ogredeschnique
July 17th, 2007, 04:54
In the videos on youtube that the lights are still flashing when they are playing games.

Anyway, I'm having the same problem as everyone else who can't get it to work after dling files and installing them. It shows up and says that the device is functioning properly. Status>OK. BUt it's actually not. Don't worry guys. Someone will solve this for us folks who can't make it happen. Have faith. Somehting tells me that it will not be Sony.

Isaac356
July 17th, 2007, 19:26
Hah! I just fixed my own problem! In case anyone has the same thing I did I will post what I did. After it doesn't find the driver software, I clicked, "I don't have the disk, show me other options." Then, I clicked "Browse my computer for software", then set the path to C:\Windows\System32 and checked "Include Subfolders". It finds the driver eventually.

m0rbidkytten
July 17th, 2007, 23:35
Ok so i had the SAME problems that everyone else had- read every freaking post and did what each one suggested- none worked. But the one did below! So if its not working- sees it, but the test screen doesnt do a damned thing for you- do what the guy says below. Made mine work! Thanks dude! :)

Hakoten
July 18th, 2007, 09:15
Hello. I got a PS3 not too long ago so I thought I'd to use it with my computer. However, after following the steps by which I means getting libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1 and ps3sixaxis_en. But when I try to run the USB filter thing I get an error message saying "Access violation at address 00309362. Write of address 00401000." Can anyone help me out and tell me how I can get the USB thing installed?

Tm2
July 21st, 2007, 15:23
hey does this work for 64bit vista ? c'mon guys..

cristar
July 25th, 2007, 05:19
I was having trouble too- with the first PS3 Driver listed ( libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1). I never did get that one to work. However, the alternate Korean version on page 2 works perfectly. That may be the the solution for those who, like me, did not have success with LibUSB win32.

Try this Driver download: http://ipvideo.512j.com/bbs/bmb/attachment.php?am=0&filename=216&forumid=1088132564&article=217

blakey87_1
August 1st, 2007, 12:29
I was having trouble too- with the first PS3 Driver listed ( libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1). I never did get that one to work. However, the alternate Korean version on page 2 works perfectly. That may be the the solution for those who, like me, did not have success with LibUSB win32.

Try this Driver download: http://ipvideo.512j.com/bbs/bmb/attachment.php?am=0&filename=216&forumid=1088132564&article=217

Thanks works great!

dudeman2005
August 1st, 2007, 22:58
it took me a good 2 or 3 hours to get this thing to work but here are my series of failures i had before i got it to work.

The first time i tried i downloaded the wrong libusb-win32 i got the libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.1 when i needed to have the 0.1.10.1. so i uninstalled and got the right one. i downloaded the package Sixaxis_PS3_Win32_Driver_For_PC which has the 3 files you need. so i installed again. ran the ps3sixaxis_en.exe and opened and closed(as it should) but without saying it found anything, only the 5 busses. no response in the nothing worked in the controller properties thing. ps button didn't do anything ect..

sooo. i decided to uninstall and delete every that was installed. including the 2 i the system32 and system32\drivers. i installed again using the stuff in the Sixaxis_PS3_Win32_Driver_For_PC. when the test window came up for the libusb-win32 install, i noticed my dll version and my driver versions were different(says it at the top of the test). one was 0.1.10.1 and the driver was 0.1.12.1. which i'm not sure why because i installed using the 0.1.10.1. i went ahead and tried again nothing worked.

another hour went by of reading pages of forums and repeating steps.

finally i decided to uninstall my controller from the device manager, uninstall libusb_win32, delete every file i downloaded. i re downloaded ps3sixaxis_en.exe and its libusb0.dll (which by the way should be in the same folder or you'll get an error). i downloaded the libusb_win32 file from source forge. i got the 0.1.10.1 version.

i was all set to reinstall again but i decided i would restart my comp first. so i did...

i had my controller plugged in

i start reinstalling and i see my dll version and my driver version are the same now during that test libusb_win32 does after you install it.

i use the ps3sixaxis_en.exe file. opens and closes like it should. so i didn't notice if it said anything different than "found 5 busses".

opened the controller properties. pressed the ps button and it worked. don't try to calibrate or the joystick will go insane. at least it did for me. so i just use the default settings.

i don't know how helpful this will be being that its rambling in nature and unorganized. its just a quick write up of what happened before it worked. i don't know what specifically it was that caused it to work. i know a lot of it was probably unnecessary. if it doesn't work just keep trying different things it'll work eventually if you have the patience.

iamjewish
August 6th, 2007, 21:36
ok, how do you stop the 4 flashing lights above the controller?

LockeL
August 7th, 2007, 00:45
So after trying to get this to work on my own computer for about 3 hours, I finally gave up and tried it on my girl friends computer which was sitting right next to me. Followed the steps from post #1. It worked right away with zsnes and then setup the buttons via the input menu. (would glitch out if i accidentally touched the analog sticks). Anyways getting to the point, the real only difference between mine and hers is that I am running windows xp 64bit while she is running xp 32bit.
As far as I'm concerned right now, I don't think that these drivers work for 64 bit right now; if someone has gotten it to work otherwise I would be ecstatic if you could post your results. If not, I guess I'll just have to let my gf know that her machine is now my emulation computer... either that or installed 32 bit windows on my machine

wayne788
August 9th, 2007, 22:33
does this work for other ps3 controllers as well? such as the Hori Fighting Stick 3?

ive seen people on other message boards use it with the pc as well, but i cant seem to get any of these ps3 controllers to work, with any of the methods posted on here or any other website

b0x0rzkirb0
August 13th, 2007, 17:10
Hi, everyone, this is my first post.

I looked through this entire thread and saw the question asked but not answered...I got the PS3 controller actually working but, does anyone know if it's possible to get it to work on MAME? Thank you.

Napalm-Death
August 15th, 2007, 15:58
It works on MAME. :)

b0x0rzkirb0
August 15th, 2007, 22:42
Thanks, but...how do you get it to. o.O I use MAME 32k 0.64 if that helps, I try to find a way to configure the controller but no dice.

Malus Darkblade
August 24th, 2007, 23:56
It just keep flashing, and flashing?! :confused: :(

Game Controllers recognizes the controller and the status is claimed to be OK, but the controller just remains flashing and unresponsive. the flashing is starting to really piss me off too, like its mocking me lol. Yes I've pressed the PS button. And I've tried moving it into System 32, opening run, opening cmd prompt and typing ps3sixaxis_en. Success 0, number of flashes incalculable.

Help! Please! :confused:

Malus Darkblade
August 25th, 2007, 00:22
Never mind. In a strange, welcome twist of events, it now works :s. I didn't do a thing, it just began working, its still flashing irritatingly. Through it was controlling Morrowind flawlessly. With a awesome command layout :cool: L3 should be implemented as attack more often, freeing up R1 for more Assassins Creed style setups.

owen0334
September 3rd, 2007, 01:08
It does work. However, if you enjoy playing games without hassle, I recommend buying a controller that is made for Windows.

makedonii
September 8th, 2007, 19:44
hi!

does anyone know if there is a way to play with the SIXAXIS on the PC with a Bluetooth device?
It works with USB but i want to know if there are any drivers out there to play on PC via Bluetooth device?

ultima1986
September 9th, 2007, 21:49
Go To Youtube And You'll Find Your Fix

makedonii
September 10th, 2007, 01:05
Go To Youtube And You'll Find Your Fix

i've tried but nothing except via usb :(

can you link me a youtube page if you find one ?

chickenface
September 10th, 2007, 15:17
@Malus Darkblade and others....

Try this. I'm using Vista if anyone wants to know. This worked perfectly for me.

Thanks a lot to Zalibidas, I really appreciate it.

What I missed was running the ps3sixaxis_en.exe program, maybe because I'm computer illiterate :P

Thanks very much again.

zbu
September 10th, 2007, 23:56
i've read in this forum that it will be probably not possible to use bluetooth as a way to connect your sixaxis to a windows machine.
Well, they've made it possible for linux already, by running a program that makes the hardware switch its address from a hid to a hci device ( in human language, making it switch from usb to bluetooth).

This made a bell ring, as I've been trying in the past to make my Logitech Keyboard working as a bluetooth one under Vista. Under XP it switches from hid to hci, automaticaly, but doesn't under Vista, so no BT-stack would ever work due to no BT-hardware.
reference: http://www.nynaeve.net/?p=5 with its sourcecode: http://www.nynaeve.net/Code/lhid2hci.zip

As I'm unable to test it myself (I don't have money to spill), i hope someone with brains would take a look at it.
What I think will happen is, the sixaxis will turn BT, but will be missing being "discoverable".

2 things need to be done to make it work over BT.
1) making the switch from a USB to a BT-gamepad
2) a pairing-button is missing so that should be done by plugging in the USB, and a program switching the gamepad from hidden to discoverable.

After that pairing works like normal.

Craysh
September 11th, 2007, 23:34
I'm gonna take a wild guess that this won't work on the new blu-ray controller? :'(

makedonii
September 12th, 2007, 01:12
i've read in this forum that it will be probably not possible to use bluetooth as a way to connect your sixaxis to a windows machine.
Well, they've made it possible for linux already, by running a program that makes the hardware switch its address from a hid to a hci device ( in human language, making it switch from usb to bluetooth).

This made a bell ring, as I've been trying in the past to make my Logitech Keyboard working as a bluetooth one under Vista. Under XP it switches from hid to hci, automaticaly, but doesn't under Vista, so no BT-stack would ever work due to no BT-hardware.
reference: http://www.nynaeve.net/?p=5 with its sourcecode: http://www.nynaeve.net/Code/lhid2hci.zip

As I'm unable to test it myself (I don't have money to spill), i hope someone with brains would take a look at it.
What I think will happen is, the sixaxis will turn BT, but will be missing being "discoverable".

2 things need to be done to make it work over BT.
1) making the switch from a USB to a BT-gamepad
2) a pairing-button is missing so that should be done by plugging in the USB, and a program switching the gamepad from hidden to discoverable.

After that pairing works like normal.

in theory it makes a hell of a point!
but the question is, will it work in practice?

well, now we need someone with brains to do the coding :/ or what the hell he needs to do to make it work :)

its obvios that if you connect the Sixaxis with usb and as you say switch it to BT mode then you need a driver for the BT device in the PC to find it "discover it" so it is more to be done than "the discover thing" i guess :)
we can hope that some one can try to fix it somehow :)

PSPNEWBIE1234567
September 12th, 2007, 06:59
use the one from the japinese site works perfectly

zbu
September 12th, 2007, 14:03
its obvios that if you connect the Sixaxis with usb and as you say switch it to BT mode then you need a driver for the BT device in the PC to find it "discover it" so it is more to be done than "the discover thing" i guess :)
we can hope that some one can try to fix it somehow :)
That's your BT-stack.

Pspnewbie1234567: which japanese website? Can you provide a direct link to its download page?

Thanks

grundle
September 12th, 2007, 21:13
same problem. I dont think the controler is compatible because there are no tests that register.

makedonii
September 12th, 2007, 23:46

yes, we will like to know the link to that site please :)
are you talking about connecting the Sixaxis to PC via BT?

zbu
September 13th, 2007, 01:19

After reading all 20+ pages, again, I know at which drivers you are referring. Post 18, am I right? If so, may I ask you something? Do you READ before you reply?
That "japanese" driver does NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT make Bluetooth working. Thanks for giving people false hope.

caven
September 13th, 2007, 06:53
Ahhh, finally!

I managed to get the PS3 controller working. It was a bit tricky, but this is what I did:

I originally installed a different version of libusb than the suggested one: 0.1.10.1

Each time I would uninstall and reinstall, it would keep the newer drivers. So what I ended up doing is:

1. uninstalling libusb
2. manually deleting the following files:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\libusb0.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\libusb0.sys

3. installing libusb 0.1.10.1 from here (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/libusb-win32/libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe?modtime=1110398222&big_mirror=0).
4. let the test application run after installation, and make sure the DLL and Driver Version is 0.1.10.1
5. Plug in your PS3 controller
6. Run the ps3sixaxis_en.exe program
7. Press the PS3 button on the controller.
8. Repeat step 6-7 till the ps3sixaxis_en.exe says "found PLAYSTATION(R)3 SIXAXIS controller", at which point the controller should work in Control Panel -> Game Controllers -> PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller -> Test

Hope this helps those that are banging their heads like I was!

This is the one thing that did work for me. I tried every solution up to this point.

Also please note that if you run ps3sixaxis_en.exe from the command prompt its easier to see the "found PLAYSTATION(R)3 SIXAXIS controller" message.

good job dude.

feisty
September 13th, 2007, 21:09
Thanks a bunch. Worked for me also :)

junaed
September 13th, 2007, 22:35
hey help!!!!
your instructions work
but when i go into a game the controller goes funny.
I cant select anything because the controller starts selecting other stuff!

junaed
September 13th, 2007, 22:46
What exactly is the point goin thru all this hassel??
The bluetooth or the sixaxis doesnt even work so wats the point?
Mite as well stick to the normal controllers. they work fine n look exactly like the playstation controllers

makedonii
September 14th, 2007, 01:22
What exactly is the point goin thru all this hassel??
The bluetooth or the sixaxis doesnt even work so wats the point?
Mite as well stick to the normal controllers. they work fine n look exactly like the playstation controllers

the siaxis work perfectly in ect. PES6 :)
you have to configurate it in Settings before entering any game.
in some games like NHL 07, the sixaxis goes DOWN and you cant do anything. Its Anoyng but if you think a bit you would understand that the USB drivers are not a official Sony drivers so yes, in some games the Sixaxis is useful :/

123abcfake
September 15th, 2007, 15:31
The light on my controller just falsh...?

lilmetal
September 15th, 2007, 22:20
Anyone got this working on Vista Ultimate? I can't get the libusb or the Japanese one to work...

Chaosstorm
September 21st, 2007, 19:41
i use the logitech controller ( the one with chillstream ) you dont have to install any drivers or any thing you can just play instantly works great for me

ShinMagus
September 22nd, 2007, 08:32
Hi. How can I make the controller ("PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller") drivers differentiate between the d-pad and the left analog stick? Taking them for the same thing sucks. :(

Thanks!

13enz
September 26th, 2007, 01:09
Works amazingly thanks!!

roofsniper
September 29th, 2007, 01:11
thanks it works great. but is there a way to bind the buttons? im trying to use this controller in Lost Planet but all of the buttons are set up in a weird configuration. is there a way i can bind the buttons to the way i want them to be?

Hardware_Hank
September 29th, 2007, 06:15
You'd most likely have to set it up the manual way.

by adding new hardware threw the patch system, its a pain and hardly worth it. It took me forever to do it with the 360 controller.

roofsniper
September 29th, 2007, 16:19
You'd most likely have to set it up the manual way.

by adding new hardware threw the patch system, its a pain and hardly worth it. It took me forever to do it with the 360 controller.

and that will let me choose which buttons do what?

baljot
October 2nd, 2007, 00:25
alright, im playing fifa 08 on the pc, i download the file for the ps3 controller to work, and i go to the controls in the in-game menu, i try to put passing on "X", but it wont let me?

in fact, i can only assign the triggers, sticks, and d-pad, the right side of the controller wont work (Square, Circle, X, triangle buttons)?????

help plz, i will wul for solution!

Simon_2pac
October 2nd, 2007, 23:18
I downloaded the Sixaxis drives instali it and it's steel dont work. why ???

loco69
October 6th, 2007, 14:56
hey i can not use another usb on the other 3 ports
is there a way you can help me,please?

Ghettobarney
October 8th, 2007, 17:46
This thread seems to have 6000 questions for every one answer. Sadly I'm going to have to add another one. Does it matter if I'm using Vista? I know the first post says WinXP and up, but I'm not entirely sure if it works in 64-bit.