PDA

View Full Version : Class Action Suit Against MS For 360 Defects?

Darksaviour69
December 6th, 2006, 20:12
A xbox user going by the name REDRUM6622, is sueing Microsoft because of freezing problems following the dash board fall update

what REDRUM6622 posted

Well I really just followed the same lines you guys took (BBB Complaint and also a complaint though a lawyer website)I was just contacted by the lawfirms about it. We put together the case and I signed the papers to be the Plaintiff suing Micosoft on behalf of the class(YOU GUYS), and BAMM they did the rest. They were already aware of these forums aswell as others complaints.

he also posted a bit of the Class Action Suit

Filed on the 29th November:

XXXXX XXX, Individually and on behalf of all others similarly situated,
Plaintiff, v.
MICROSOFT CORPORATION, a Washington Corporation, and certain unidentified Microsoft Corporation affiliates, Defendants. )))))))))))))

Case No.
CLASS ACTION COMPLAINT FOR:
1. BREACH OF CONTRACT;
2. VIOLATION OF CONSUMER
PROTECTION ACT (RCW 19.86); AND 3. NEGLIGENCE
JURY TRIAL DEMANDED

SUMMARY OF CLAIMS
1. This is a class action against Microsoft and its affiliates for Breach of Contract, violation of the Washington Consumer Protection Act (“CPA”) (RCW 19.86) and, alternatively, Negligence. Plaintiff brings this action on behalf of himself and all other persons who experienced hardware problems with their Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming consoles following installation of Microsoft’s Fall 2006 Update for the Xbox 360.

THE PARTIES
2. Plaintiff XXXX XXX is an individual resident of California. Plaintiff is the original purchaser and current owner of an Xbox 360 gaming console. Plaintiff brings this action individually and as a class action under Rule 23 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure on behalf of the class specified herein.

at this stage we are going by what REDRUM6622 has posted and there has been no confirmation yet

Read the complains on the official xbox forums (http://forums.xbox.com/63/7864073/ShowPost.aspx#7864073)

NoQuarter
December 6th, 2006, 20:14
stick it to 'em.

MasterChafed
December 7th, 2006, 03:36
My mom was going to start one, way to go.

Adrenalin
December 7th, 2006, 09:43
i wouldn't bother going so far. but thats me.