PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE V0.62 Christmas Edition Released

FOL
December 7th, 2006, 01:55
From Everyone here at pspuae.com, Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.

We have released a new version of PSPUAE, changes / improvements are listed below.

V0.62

- you can now save the amiga mouse pointer position and restore it with a key-combo
- 24 mousestates slots, can be renamed with the amiga keyboard for better assignment
- new option 'Auto Mouse Speed' for setting the speed of the mouse while restoring
must be set faster for screens with higher resolution
- you can toggle the mousespeed with a key-combo
- cd32 buttons can now assigned to key-combos
- joy1 up/down/left/right can now assigned to key-combos
- new option 'CPU to Chipset Ratio"
- new option 'Disable Key Combos"
- new option 'Toggle X & O" (You can now swap X and O for the menu)
- Preset Amiga Configurations added
- quick config combos (See ReadMe)
- Splash Screen added
- dual mouse support
- fixed combos for L+Cross, R+Cross, etc etc
- SaveStates save a config file in the Config folder
- Savestates are now much smaller, due to memory compression being added

Below is taken from the Christmas Edition Bundle Text
--------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome the the PSPUAE 0.62 Christmas release bundle!

You should find within this package, the latest version of PSPUAE
(07.12.06), themed for the season, along with some savestated
Christmas coverdisks, including Cannon Fodder, Lemmings and
Bullfrog's Psycho Santa, all ready for you to play.

X-mas bundle compilied by Hungry Horace for www.pspuae.com
--------------------------------------------------------------

Remember Read the README`s, if your not sure of an option, please ask in the forums.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

tunglashor
December 7th, 2006, 02:17
Nice one FOL - really appreciate all the work done on this.

robocelot
December 7th, 2006, 02:19
Yes! Christmas has come early this year. Thanks a bunch, HH.

I hope Wings is working in this release, it's been broken for some odd reason in the last two releases.

ACID
December 7th, 2006, 02:23
Sweet thanks so much FOL & hungry man. But hows the fps increase

scarph
December 7th, 2006, 02:23
horace my friend!

Hungry Horace
December 7th, 2006, 02:30
Yes! Christmas has come early this year. Thanks a bunch, HH.

no probs, hope you guys enjoy all the extra goodies in there! i have completed the two xmas lemmings demos playing on the PSP... hehe

I hope Wings is working in this release, it's been broken for some odd reason in the last two releases.

did you try the version from our site? that works fine, although sometimes the savestate needs loading twice.

Sweet thanks so much FOL & hungry man. But hows the fps increase

there is some, but it's marginal. the FAME/C core is *not* yet implemented in 0.62, as Ric is still working flat-out on making sure its compatible enough for a decent release.

ACID
December 7th, 2006, 02:33
there is some, but it's marginal. the FAME/C core is *not* yet implemented in 0.62, as Ric is still working flat-out on making sure its compatible enough for a decent release.

Good enogh for me great work by the way from all you guys really apreciated.

scarph
December 7th, 2006, 02:41
horace!
my friend!

Skateblind
December 7th, 2006, 05:16
Great release guys. I don't know to much about what your trying to achieve, but is there a possibility you'll ever manage to get Amiga In A Box running. Thats if you've heard of it. Cheers again and have a great christmas.*EDIT* Of course you've heard of it if your developing a project like this.*EDIT*

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 7th, 2006, 10:34
Thanks Horace for the time and effort you have dedicated to this emu....

mr_nick666
December 7th, 2006, 10:37
This looks like a very nice release :D (going to have to start sweet talking HH again now! - Have you tried Jungle Strike? :o )

Also for HH - I see our mutual friend is still being retarded :rolleyes:

Hungry Horace
December 7th, 2006, 11:39
is there a possibility you'll ever manage to get Amiga In A Box running.

the answer is no. AIAB is all about maximising the functionality of workbench, and thus requires a very high spec amiga (or winuae setting) to run well. Our main goal is with portable non-aga amiga gaming. This can be impoved of course, by finding alternatives et ADF etc, but it's much more likely (if needed) we would use a low-spec Classic Workbench ( http://classicwb.abime.net/ ) setup rather than AIAB (i prefer classic wb anyway)

Thanks Horace for the time and effort you have dedicated to this emu....

no, probs. i kinda wanted to hand out a christmas treat for everyone! (still think you should be thanking the coders and not me though.. lol)

Have you tried Jungle Strike? :o

err.. nope, though there is an ECS version so i will look into making a savestate of it at some stage.

Also for HH - I see our mutual friend is still being retarded :rolleyes:

please do not feed the troll ;)

Edit:

looks like FOL forgot to mention one great new feature... Full-screen mode!! is also acompanied by an auto-zoom function which can be un in 16:9 or 4:3 modes.... :D

Veskgar
December 7th, 2006, 12:07
Awesome release! Thanks for the Christmas version and thanks to all the coders who ever contributed to this.

Let me first say that I have never used any version previously to this. But the urge to play UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-COM) on a portable was getting overwhelming.

So I installed this. Installed the kick13.rom. Then placed the 5 .ADF files for the UFO: EU in the DISKS folder.

Now it was the moment of truth. Loaded the emulator, mounted the first 2 .ADF files of the game and then started. HOLY $%^&*!!!! I saw the MicroProse logo. The game actually worked. With a few settings tweaked the game works really well.

Everything was smooth sailing. Created a base, equipped my soldiers, hired some more scientists, built some facilities, etc. etc.

Then I got the UFO Alert. Sent my Interceptors to welcome those Alien *******s to Earth, shot em down, etc.

Then I sent my SkyRanger loaded with soldiers to the crash site. The game then asked me to load the UFO_3.ADF which I mounted. But I just got a black screen with a red cursor. Then the cursor went away and just a black screen. I was unable to go on my first mission :mad:

So anyway, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or does the game not work 100%? If anyone knows how to get this particular game to work 100% I would really appreciate knowing how.

This is awesome though! I look forward to future releases.

Hungry Horace
December 7th, 2006, 14:49
But the urge to play UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-COM) on a portable was getting overwhelming.
Now it was the moment of truth. Loaded the emulator, mounted the first 2 .ADF files of the game and then started. HOLY $%^&*!!!! I saw the MicroProse logo. The game actually worked. With a few settings tweaked the game works really well.

So anyway, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or does the game not work 100%? If anyone knows how to get this particular game to work 100% I would really appreciate knowing how.

i've uploaded the Ram-loaded savestate to the pspuae.com website... since i want to play this at some stage too!

you may want to fine tune your controls / settings and you'll need kickstart 3.0 (just like the xmas demos)

please let me know if it works ok (i also put in the "quartex" exe for the game, so codes *should* not be needed, though i dont know where they happen anyway) ... sometimes the microprose logo looks currupted, but pressing the left mouse button sorts everything out (i think its just a savestate-load error)

as i can see the game plays best with sound fx on but music off... and yes, i shot a UFO down and went into the action too!

enjoy!

robocelot
December 7th, 2006, 14:50
did you try the version from our site? that works fine, although sometimes the savestate needs loading twice.

Didn't know you were hosting it on your site but I'll check it out. I know Cinemaware has made it available for free download in the last year or two. I was using an ADF made from my original so maybe I've been using a corrupt ADF for all these years (though it does work on the Xbox port of WinUAE).

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 7th, 2006, 15:20
LOL Horace your the one that has spent all your time trying to perfect this emu and got it to a workable state !! and let me be the 1st to wish you all the best/sucess for the festive season....

nielsss
December 7th, 2006, 16:13
Cool! XD

Hungry Horace
December 7th, 2006, 17:06
LOL Horace your the one that has spent all your time trying to perfect this emu and got it to a workable state !!

no i havent!! ric, thinkp and FOL are the guys who have done that...

i've just thrashed it, broken it, squeezed every little thing i can out of it, and been a fountain of amiga knowledge for the team!

i've spent quite a bit of time on the pre-loaded savestates, but hopefully they will become redundant if HD support is fixed anyway.

the only programming i did for this release was in AMOS (an Amiga basic program) for making the menus to launch several demos from one savestate....

i hardly think IF statements and FOR / NEXT loops compare next to the work done on the emualtor itself.

and let me be the 1st to wish you all the best/sucess for the festive season....

and to you too!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 7th, 2006, 17:36
no i havent!! ric, thinkp and FOL are the guys who have done that...

i've just thrashed it, broken it, squeezed every little thing i can out of it, and been a fountain of amiga knowledge for the team!

i've spent quite a bit of time on the pre-loaded savestates, but hopefully they will become redundant if HD support is fixed anyway.

the only programming i did for this release was in AMOS (an Amiga basic program) for making the menus to launch several demos from one savestate....

i hardly think IF statements and FOR / NEXT loops compare next to the work done on the emualtor itself.

and to you too!

Haaahhh ok props,nods,winks and handshakes out to those guys and thanks...

johanh
December 7th, 2006, 18:06
Is harddrive support something that works, or something that is planned/possible?

I wanted to have a go at Dune2, but would be neat to avoid the disk swap and use the harddrive version of the game.

Veskgar
December 7th, 2006, 18:33
i've uploaded the Ram-loaded savestate to the pspuae.com website... since i want to play this at some stage too!

you may want to fine tune your controls / settings and you'll need kickstart 3.0 (just like the xmas demos)

please let me know if it works ok (i also put in the "quartex" exe for the game, so codes *should* not be needed, though i dont know where they happen anyway) ... sometimes the microprose logo looks currupted, but pressing the left mouse button sorts everything out (i think its just a savestate-load error)

as i can see the game plays best with sound fx on but music off... and yes, i shot a UFO down and went into the action too!

enjoy!

Thank you for your very thorough reply to my post. Since my last post I played with UFO Enemy Unkown for a good while. Here are my finding:

1.) I could only mount 1 .ADF file at a time in order to be able to get into missions to fight aliens.

2.) I was able to use Save & Load States.

3.) I finished 1 mission but then after playing a 2nd mission, after the mission results screen, everything became FUBAR.

- -> On the Promotions Screen, the names of the soldiers were not showing up

--> Back at the Geoscope screen, the time, date, & year ware all at 0. My base was gone. I had a totally different base in a different region and all sorts of messages like not enough money to manufacture this and that, etc. etc.

So I lost all my progress on that mission that i did pretty good on. I wasn't using kickstart 3.0 (don't even know what that is)

On pspuae.com, where can I locate the Save preload you added?

Thanks again for all your help and assistance.

FOL
December 7th, 2006, 18:34
Is harddrive support something that works, or something that is planned/possible?

I wanted to have a go at Dune2, but would be neat to avoid the disk swap and use the harddrive version of the game.

Dune2 has been RAMinstalled, and is at our main site for download, but you need to register at our site to see them. I will be replacing the current save state, with a new 1 tonight. Which will be in 3 different languages (including English).

HD Support is being worked on, I believe we are making progress as it no longer goes into a constant loop of resetting, but gives a guru message instend. So its a start.

shadowhawk22
December 7th, 2006, 18:37
Thanks man, this is much appreciated. I hope to see you on the "scene" more. Thanks again dude!

FOL
December 7th, 2006, 18:41
Thank you for your very thorough reply to my post. Since my last post I played with UFO Enemy Unkown for a good while. Here are my finding:

1.) I could only mount 1 .ADF file at a time in order to be able to get into missions to fight aliens.

2.) I was able to use Save & Load States.

3.) I finished 1 mission but then after playing a 2nd mission, after the mission results screen, everything became FUBAR.

- -> On the Promotions Screen, the names of the soldiers were not showing up

--> Back at the Geoscope screen, the time, date, & year ware all at 0. My base was gone. I had a totally different base in a different region and all sorts of messages like not enough money to manufacture this and that, etc. etc.

So I lost all my progress on that mission that i did pretty good on. I wasn't using kickstart 3.0 (don't even know what that is)

On pspuae.com, where can I locate the Save preload you added?

Thanks again for all your help and assistance.

You can grab the state, only if your registered with our site.

As for your problems, are you using "Turbo" drive speed, also are you using CPU speed "Chipset". Turbo doesnt work with some games, and Chipset might cause odd effects (i.e. things missing etc etc). I have tested with Alien Breed Special Edition CD32, and when Chipset is set to 100%, all the walls move, seems to work best with Chipset 50%. Also try using ECS Agnus, where possable.

Hungry Horace
December 7th, 2006, 19:11
@ johanh - see FOL's post.

Dune II is brilliant with the version on pspuae.com :) i also hated it with disk-swapping ;) (then again, i hate all disk swapping)

@ Veskgar

again, FOL's pretty much covered this. I've been playing the savestate version i uploaded for the last hour or so, and havent run in to any problems.... i've played several missons and stuff, even though i'm really not very good at it!! (it has been *many* years!)

Kickstart 3.0 (kick30.rom) is the amiga kickstart rom that you will need in order to use the savestate (get it from wherever you got your 1.3 rom)

out of interest, my working config uses kick 3.0, 1 meg chip, 2 fast, 1 slow (bogo) mem, OCS chipset, CPU speed MAX and Sprites: playfield..... there's a config file included in the zip anyway. i suspect this setting would work on the original version, since the savestated version was installed using IPF clones of the original disks :D

the savestates are on the front page of www.pspuae.com - viewable to anyone registered on the site ;) - there's also a dedicated savestate forum in case you have an enquiries / requests etc.

good luck!

Veskgar
December 7th, 2006, 22:11
Wow, thanks again FOL & Hungry Horace!

I registered at pspuae.com under this same user name. I obtained the kickstart 3.0 rom and downloaded the savestate/config file for UFO Enemy Unknown and now it works great.

I can't say enough thanks! You've got another big fan and supporter of this project.

Skateblind
December 7th, 2006, 22:22
You guy's are awesome when it comes to supporting the community. You first create a wonderfull program and then give advice/help to anyone who needs it. I would say your probably one of the most respected dev's on the scene, well, in my opinion anyway.
Do you still code in AMOS Horace, or was it just a once off for the states. I used to love coding in Amos and Amos pro. To me it felt more like a game then a programming language.
If there is anything I can do to help just say the word, I would love to be apart of the Amiga scene in some sort of way.

Hungry Horace
December 8th, 2006, 00:10
You guy's are awesome when it comes to supporting the community. You first create a wonderfull program and then give advice/help to anyone who needs it. I would say your probably one of the most respected dev's on the scene, well, in my opinion anyway.
Do you still code in AMOS Horace, or was it just a once off for the states. I used to love coding in Amos and Amos pro. To me it felt more like a game then a programming language.
If there is anything I can do to help just say the word, I would love to be apart of the Amiga scene in some sort of way.

i want to thank you too skateblind. that's one of the nicest posts i've read in a long time... even if none of us created pspuae ;) ... i was just lucky i helped sway ric into picking up development after it was abandonder, and FOL was kind enough to help create the site to help create the pspuae community. both of these, i cant have enough praise for.... it's hard to put into words!

yes btw, i do still code in AMOS now-and-again. i have a few projects in various stages of development, including a multiplayer Horace fighting game, (a la IK+) and a front-end / savegame editor / viewer for one of my amiga favourites "Bloodwych" ... all coded on winuae running AMOS... the latter is being designed with PSP usage in-mind.

if you'd like to help out, you'd be more than welcome to joing the save-state development team (if you can handle some amiga scripting, and HD installation!) and i find AMOS Pro to be perfect for building nice little GUI's to go with these savestates, allowing you to pick from a variety of games or data-disks etc... the lemmings and cannon fodder demos included with this release are a good example of that.

just pop over to our site for a chat about it if you're interested in helping out! (the more the merrier imho)

FOL
December 8th, 2006, 00:34

Indeed, that is 1 great post, ;). Thankyou, sure Ric and Thinkp will be happy to see that post.

gelon
January 8th, 2007, 19:10
Mi eboot, hope you like

http://xs511.xs.to/xs511/07021/ICON0_a500.png

http://xs511.xs.to/xs511/07021/PIC1_amiga500.png

mr_nick666
January 8th, 2007, 19:55
Mi eboot, hope you like

http://xs511.xs.to/xs511/07021/ICON0_a500.png

http://xs511.xs.to/xs511/07021/PIC1_amiga500.png

Nice work gelon! :thumbup:

The last few posts on this made me smile :D

I thought these communities were dead because of flamers and kids :( But, because of Hungry Horace and FOL, there is a glimmer of golden goodness in the land! :D *sniff*

Great work guys! :thumbup:

FOL
January 8th, 2007, 23:12
Nice work gelon! :thumbup:

The last few posts on this made me smile :D

I thought these communities were dead because of flamers and kids :( But, because of Hungry Horace and FOL, there is a glimmer of golden goodness in the land! :D *sniff*

Great work guys! :thumbup:

lol, indeed, nice eboot pics, is it ok if i add them to PSPUAE.com for possable eboot pic to use gelon?

Mr Nick666, there is alot going on behind the scenes, hence its been abit quiet our end. Ric and Thinkp have been working hard on new improvements for PSPUAE, like the usage of the PSP Media Engine.

We also have a new member to the coding team, so there are now 5 of us actively working on PSPUAE. So hopefully, I will post some news over at the official site soon.

There will be 2 builds next release (1 fame and 1 normal core) as fame may never be perfect, as its alot less compatable.

gelon
January 9th, 2007, 11:14
lol, indeed, nice eboot pics, is it ok if i add them to PSPUAE.com for possable eboot pic to use gelon?

Mr Nick666, there is alot going on behind the scenes, hence its been abit quiet our end. Ric and Thinkp have been working hard on new improvements for PSPUAE, like the usage of the PSP Media Engine.

We also have a new member to the coding team, so there are now 5 of us actively working on PSPUAE. So hopefully, I will post some news over at the official site soon.

There will be 2 builds next release (1 fame and 1 normal core) as fame may never be perfect, as its alot less compatable.

Off course, thanks!

I am playing Popstation too, but i'm waiting for the next great release of FAME/C core

:thumbup:

bodhee
February 8th, 2007, 19:58
just want to let you know that there are alot of us here that really appreciate your hard work..im finally able to play amberstar and bards tale on my psp.. it works very well, especially since i can now map all the keys..the only thing is the sound is a tad bit choppy.. looking forward to future release!

FOL
February 9th, 2007, 19:16
just want to let you know that there are alot of us here that really appreciate your hard work..im finally able to play amberstar and bards tale on my psp.. it works very well, especially since i can now map all the keys..the only thing is the sound is a tad bit choppy.. looking forward to future release!

Thanks for your kind words, ;).
Its being worked on as we speak, so until its ready, i personally think the sound in 0.62 is quite good, you can get better sound generally by setting CPU to CHIPSET "75% / 100%"

bodhee
February 11th, 2007, 04:57
thanks..ill try it.

bodhee
February 27th, 2007, 13:52
still a bit slow on amberstar with the sound and loading times. when i switch cpu to chipset, sound gets better but movement in game is much slower.. anyways, by far the best thing about your emu is the kep mappings..its fantastic.. just curious how the updates are coming along and if you need any additional help beta testing?

Baboon
February 27th, 2007, 14:03
I'm well happy with this emu at the mo... Moonstone, North and South and Alienbreed play very well indeed! :)

I'm looking forward to the next update of this emu... I hope its not too long though cause the xmas pic and choons when you boot it up are getting on my tits now! lol

I cant wait! :)

steve-b
February 27th, 2007, 15:05
you could always change out the pictures/music yourself. Use psp brew :)

Baboon
February 27th, 2007, 17:14
you could always change out the pictures/music yourself. Use psp brew :)

Good call, I'll do that right now. :D

FOL
March 3rd, 2007, 13:22
Good call, I'll do that right now. :D

Lmao, theres an even easier way to change the splash and background pics, just make your own and plonk them in the GUI folder overwriting old 1's.

If you want to change the eboot, then do as steve-b said.

I will upload a new eboot to pspuae.com, so users can easly update pspuae to rid themselves of the christmas stuff.

Baboon
March 4th, 2007, 00:38
Lmao, theres an even easier way to change the splash and background pics, just make your own and plonk them in the GUI folder overwriting old 1's.

If you want to change the eboot, then do as steve-b said.

I will upload a new eboot to pspuae.com, so users can easly update pspuae to rid themselves of the christmas stuff.

Just downloaded the new eboot and thankfuly its not xmas anymore! lol

Cheers for that. :thumbup:

hoolicooluk
March 4th, 2007, 23:10
hi there,

does this emu work on a psp running 3.10 oea?

it starts to work but then it says 'the game could not be started (80020148).

is anyone able to shed some light on this for me?

Buddy4point0
March 4th, 2007, 23:28
hi there,

does this emu work on a psp running 3.10 oea?

it starts to work but then it says 'the game could not be started (80020148).

is anyone able to shed some light on this for me?
make sure you putting it in the game 150 folder
thats what you have to do for all homebrew on 3.10 ea
(if you dont have a game150 folder format your memory card or make a folder under psp called GAME150

and stop reviveing old threads

FOL
March 7th, 2007, 20:34
make sure you putting it in the game 150 folder
thats what you have to do for all homebrew on 3.10 ea
(if you dont have a game150 folder format your memory card or make a folder under psp called GAME150

and stop reviveing old threads

Well on Firmware 3.10 OE A, it runs from both folders, use the V1.00 eboot in the GAME folder (if your kernel is set to 3.10) or use the V1.50 Eboot in the GAME150 folder (if kernel is set to 1.50)

carlitx
March 7th, 2007, 20:39
what is this exactly?

FOL
March 8th, 2007, 19:54
what is this exactly?

Its an Emulator for the Commodore Amiga series of computer's.

bodhee
April 23rd, 2007, 03:29
hello guys

just curious what if there are any planned updates on this emulator.. love it b ut find it just a tad too slow to play most games effectively..everything else is awesome..thanks

mrbob3
June 7th, 2007, 19:26
any news?

Hungry Horace
June 8th, 2007, 12:06
any news?

try checking the source; www.pspuae.com

much development is still happening - just seems people are a bit impatient.