PDA

View Full Version : Need coder in either lua, c++ or java!

Vendeta
December 7th, 2006, 04:05
©k this is a game me and my buddy made... bare with me hear this may takea while but is worth it.... This was originaly done on paper and was very crudly drawen so heres the gust if u are intersted than give me a shout.....I would like this coded in Lua, C++(those 2 for psp) or java(for comp)....here we go.....
well u draw ur own guy (might be hard for psp and or comp) than u would buy weponds and draw them on ur carecter also armore and u would role the dice to see what lvl ranked monsters u battle and if u wanted to retreat u role again for ur retread roll and shit(kinda like war hammmer)... u can hire mercenarys when u get the money and exupte the stuff to them..... i could go on for hours but not till i have a coder:P ..... is game is real fun may seem dul at first but once u get into it its as fun as hell....©®

Vendeta
December 8th, 2006, 05:53
BUMPED
(srry for the double post but i really need a coder)

lmtlmt
December 8th, 2006, 08:42
this is rediculas this would be the hardest homebrew game ever to make, draw your own character and weapons?

BlackJack23
December 8th, 2006, 09:30
I recommend finishing 4th grade before posting here again.

Your spelling is atrocious :eek:

EDIT: Also ellipsis(those 3 little dots) can't be used as conjunctions or full stops.

splodger15
December 8th, 2006, 16:11
lmtlmt is right this would be a very hard game to code , although reading it has gave me a good idea of something

Vendeta
December 8th, 2006, 23:16
NO NO NO.... the drawing carecters was the original way we played it.... i wish to keep it that way but for that it would have to be in java(be very hard at that).... if a PSP coder wish's to code it there will be changes BIG changes....
P.S. I know i spell bad:P
P.S.S splodger15.... i copywrighted the game and all its ideas... if u wish to use any of the ideas from the game u will have to talk to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(i don know how to put the little copy riten symbol):P

S34MU5
December 8th, 2006, 23:37
Put on num lock hold Alt and type in the number keyboard on the left while holding Alt
0169 = ©
0174 = ®
cant remember tm

EDIT:- 0153=™

fg-54
December 9th, 2006, 02:32
wow! that would be an awesome game! well, good luck on getting someone to make it.lol.

Vendeta
December 9th, 2006, 03:03
Thanks man.... i knew somone would notice its potencial....(i cant spell) i hope i can find a coder too....

V3N0M
December 9th, 2006, 03:37
Thanks man.... i knew somone would notice its potencial....(i cant spell) i hope i can find a coder too....

Um... Vendeta I think that was sarcasm. But as for you looking for a coder to do it, why not just learn to code and make that game? I could help teach you... even though I’ve been busy working on those games.

Vendeta
December 9th, 2006, 03:58
But i do anofe learning in skool..... BTW i cant talk to u in AIM its like unknown error did u block me???????????????????

Vendeta
December 9th, 2006, 17:17
Sorry for the double post but im still looking for a coder!

yaustar
December 9th, 2006, 17:33
1. You can't copyright a game design. You can own the IP however it is a legal minefield to prove that it is yours.
2. Without the drawing functionality, it sounds exactly like Shadowrun for the Snes.
3. No one is going to take you seriously if you post like you have been in this thread.

cloud_952
December 9th, 2006, 17:53
o_O I agree.. I have several questions:

How, exactly did you copyright the information? Did you go through a legal body? Or, even better, did you just put the © symbol after the text? Because, unfortunately, that's not a valid, legal way to copyright someone.

What makes you think that the drawing aspect MUST be done in Java? Depending on how it's implemented, it's doable in any of the other languages. In fact, offhand, I can't come up with any reason why it'd have to be Java.

If you're unwilling to learn any more so that way you can make your own project come to life, then you clearly don't care enough about making this possible. I suggest that you sit down, rethink the project, and do a full writeup of it with goals, design issues, and how you want the game to be made. Then people understand the type of work that'll go into this, not just that it'll be "hard".

Vendeta
December 9th, 2006, 17:56
fine gawd..... ill do a type up of it and then ill post it here.... GAWD...

cloud_952
December 9th, 2006, 18:10
fine gawd..... ill do a type up of it and then ill post it here.... GAWD...

Clearly, there's a misunderstanding here. ^_^

No one cares about you or your project. YOU are the one asking for help, which means that YOU need to inspire people to care about this and make them want this to happen. I'm not sure what you're not getting here, but you're under some odd delusion that people who can code have nothing better to do with their lives than to dance around and make games for people.

The way for you to get over this 'little' problem is that you need to interest people in what you're doing. But, alas, you act as if it's an inconvenience for you to actually have to, gosh, WORK on a project involving a game you want made.

If you're not willing to put in any work for your pet-project, we'll be left to assume it's not too important even to you, and move on.

Vendeta
December 9th, 2006, 19:03
Fine... scince noone will code it i am enbarking on lua codeing... :P

cloud_952
December 9th, 2006, 19:07
Fine... scince noone will code it i am enbarking on lua codeing... :P

I think that's what everyone wanted you to do in the first place. You know, since that's what more than one of the people here had said in response.

Oh, and: o_o You say you learn enough in school, but still can't spell or even START to assemble a coherent sentence. I suggest you reevaluate how much you're learning at your institution.

"Fine, since no one will code it, I am embarking on LUA coding. :P"

Vendeta
December 9th, 2006, 19:15
STFU man.... Hey i dont see u trying to learn to code... get of my back

cloud_952
December 9th, 2006, 19:20
STFU man.... Hey i dont see u trying to learn to code... get of my back

I don't try to learn how to code because I already know how to. Think twice before evaluating those around you, because we might actually know something. In fact, if you could read and infer, you may have gained such insight: namely, I tried to explain to you that there's no need to use one language over the other, and I suggested you learn to code it yourself.

I suggested this because that's what I did. Instead of crying like a useless little prat, I got up and taught myself how to do what I want.

So how about you, sir, STFU. Until you get a clue, I don't think you have any business talking.

lmtlmt
December 10th, 2006, 07:58
well said cloudy

pibs
December 10th, 2006, 10:03
Well theres a bit of a problem since u say u want it in java and the psp isn't even really able to load java yet so u got a hell of a pickle on ur hands btw i can sorta code in java and its not as hard as u think just LEARN the language if u want this game badly done! As for me im making a lua game for personal purpose only i call it QuickAdven* short for quick adventures haha,you should try making ur game in lua language if you want it running on ur psp ;)

Vendeta
December 10th, 2006, 16:49
Java was gonna be for my pc and i am learning lua for this.... :)