PDA

View Full Version : Psar

andrewgabriel77
December 7th, 2006, 06:27
I know we've got PSAR dumpers out there capable of dumping and decrypting the data.psar that has been extracted from an eboot...and unless I'm mistaken .psar is basically playstation archive format. Would it be possible for someone to reverse this process and make a .psar encrypter/creator?

splodger15
December 7th, 2006, 14:31
Why you would you want to make a encrypter when we have a decrypter

andrewgabriel77
December 8th, 2006, 03:48
The idea I've got in mind actually involves the official Sony PSX emu on 3.0+ I'd like to get my hands on one of their downloadable PSX games and see how it compares to the original cd...looking at an eboot it consists of several parts icon, background and sfo which are all obvious but it seems that the data.psp is their executable file and data.psar is the archive or data files in an official eboot. In the homebrew that we write our executable gets put into data.psp and our archive/datafiles get put into folders alongside the eboot. If we could encrypt a psar file we could put the information from our psx games into it and possibly work around the need for having a ps3

andrewgabriel77
December 8th, 2006, 04:11
I mean with an actual playstation cd...if you've ever taken one and put it into your pc and opened it you have the SLUS file which is the executable file and all the rest is just data, music, etc... put the executable info in data.psp, convert all of the music, movies into formats that the psp reads (i.e. pmf) and put that and all of the relevant data into data.psar then you might have a playable game through the psxemu on 3.0+

splodger15
December 8th, 2006, 16:15
The PS1 Emu games are Eboot , there are like the update Eboots once opened the encryption becomes corrupt thus rendering it useless

andrewgabriel77
December 9th, 2006, 02:33
My understanding was that, while yes they are eboots, they are less like updates and more like the demos sony's been putting out and that they don't "corrupt" but are re-usable, the only thing that sony has done thus far has been to make the cert file in order to play said games