PDA

View Full Version : PSP: MVSPSP 1.32 Released

b8a
December 7th, 2006, 11:58
Hot on the heels of achieving full speed CPS2 emulation on the PSP, NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html) has posted yet another update to his emulators, this time solely for MVSPSP. The news from his site reads as:

Since I had only checked that the source was compile-able, it looks like there were a few problems with (the last version). I'm going to take some time to perform some maintenance on this.

-It looks as though 1.31 didn't compile correctly so I recompiled it and swapped out the file with 1.32 but the version display still says 1.31, so I'll switch it when I get home.
-Since there were various bugs with 1.30, I hurriedly updated it to 1.31 with a PCM cache test version, but I think that, operationally, this version should be better.

Known Bugs
-PCB versions ms5pcb and svcpcba have a SYSTEM ERROR and don't run. The cause is currently under investigation.
MVS versions mslug5 and svc should work.
(this hasn't been confirmed with 1.31, but it probably hasn't been fixed.)

How To Use

All previous cache files are broken, and you'll need to make new cache files. Please use the romcnv_mvs.exe(Ver.06) included with this file to create them. Also, due to the circumstances, I've stopped zip compressing the cache files.
When you create the cache, a folder called gamename_cache will be created inside romcnv's cache folder. Same as before, copy this folder to MVSPSP's cache folder.

State Of Development, Etc...
-Concerning the topic on 2ch about whether to reconvert all ROM files or to just keep using them as-is, for various reasons it's set up so that current original ROMs and cache can also be used. I have no plans to change this setup in the future.

-There's nowhere near the necessary amount of memory to decode and decrypt on the PSP. Also, the processing power is so low that it would take quite a while to decrypt, so a methoud to use ROMs as-is is impossible.
-If all are converted, barring a change in the implementation, all would have to be uncompressed and the space used on the MS would increase.
-I think that compressing only a portion of files after reconverting all of them would be pointless for the following reason.
Approximately half of the games don't require cache, and cache files are only constructed for a portion of the remaining half, I probably just don't want to separate all the work (laugh)

As Mr. 201 has written, and I'm sure that those who know are already doing this but, none of the sprite ROMs (c1.rom, etc...), PCM ROMs (v1.rom, etc...), and program ROMs (p1.rom, etc...) from the original ROM file are used after conversion so it's possible to delete them.
The files that are ok to delete are the files that are displayed when the cache file is created.
The reason I didn't write this is because I'd get mail saying things like "It doesn't work after deleting" or "please create a deletion tool". Also, please understand that the reason I don't delete these with the tool is because there are those that hate this.
(Since the games you'll be playing are probably limited, I think it's not too much of a problem to just do this on your own...)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Baboon
December 7th, 2006, 12:36
Haha, I only just downloaded the version that was released yesterday, when another update hits us already! :)

Thanks for the translation b8a, Its great to hear that NJ is still tweaking his emu's till perfection.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 7th, 2006, 18:50
MMmmm magician lord and cyberlip now have gfx coruption...Ninja combat the same.....Tried yesterdays release the same :( rolling back to previous last rlease !!! fkin hell.

porchemasi
December 7th, 2006, 18:50
PSP Goals should be
-every system (reasonable) to be FULLY emulated *where possible*
-3.0+ devhook working (still some flaws)

NJ, ZX, BOOSTER, AND THE REST YOU ARE THE BEST

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 7th, 2006, 19:36
PSP Goals should be
-every system (reasonable) to be FULLY emulated *where possible*
-3.0+ devhook working (still some flaws)

NJ, ZX, BOOSTER, AND THE REST YOU ARE THE BEST

Errrm yeah and ???? your point ?.

Baboon
December 7th, 2006, 19:42
For some reason everything works fine with the non-kernel version, but if I use the kernel one most of the previous games that used to work no longer do??

I'll stick to the one without kernel for now as every game seems to run moņe aless perfect anyway - including SVC Chaos, Mark of the wolves, Metal slug 3 etc - all with sound! :)

No doubt these bugs will be fixed soon with NJ on the case.

M-Lin
December 7th, 2006, 19:51
that robocop in your sig doesn't work! mame4all doesn't recognise it!!

Nice one to NJ - i'll pick up the next release in a couple of hours ;)

Baboon
December 7th, 2006, 20:13
that robocop in your sig doesn't work! mame4all doesn't recognise it!!

Nice one to NJ - i'll pick up the next release in a couple of hours ;)

It does work... the roms called 'robocopp'. :thumbup:

Back on topic I still cant believe that I'm playing SVC Chaos and Shock Troopers 2 on my PSP (complete with sound). :D

M-Lin
December 8th, 2006, 22:29
It does work... the roms called 'robocopp'. :thumbup:

Back on topic I still cant believe that I'm playing SVC Chaos and Shock Troopers 2 on my PSP (complete with sound). :D

woo-hoo thanks!