PDA

View Full Version : Gamers sue Microsoft following Live update

wraggster
December 7th, 2006, 18:49
The recent fall update for Xbox 360 seems to have been plagued with problems for more than just a few gamers.

Over on Xbox.com there's a HUGE 66 page thread with people complaining about problems following the recent dashboard update. Many have contacted Microsoft's customer service, only to be told that they have to pay for the repairs themselves.

"I called tech support and they said they were looking into it but haven't found anything conclusive yet. I refuse to pay for repairs when an update caused the problem," says EeryB Runner. And he's not the only one.

A number of US gamers aren't standing for it and have been filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau and their State Department of Consumer Affairs. RedRum6622 claims to have filed a 'class action' suit against Microsoft with a US law firm.

We must have been the lucky ones, because we've yet to experience any issues followign the update. Microsoft has yet to respond to the lawsuit.

via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=150618)

Elven6
December 7th, 2006, 22:59
These people are pretty stupid, their trying to destroy a company they love?

F9zDark
December 7th, 2006, 23:10
These people are pretty stupid, their trying to destroy a company they love?

The company 'they love' destroyed their Xboxs and refuses to fix it for free; I'd say they have every right and SHOULD destroy the *******s.

SmashinGit
December 8th, 2006, 09:59
I've had no problems with updating my 360.