PDA

View Full Version : PSP NeoGeo MVS 1.33 Released

SmashinGit
December 7th, 2006, 20:27
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html) has released a new version of his NeoGeo MVS Emulator for the PSP

Heres the translated whats new:

1.33 As for the bug which becomes aware the intention of crushing entirely. When it corresponds once, as for the game which is written the intention of trying to move entirely. Correcting the bug where SYSTEM ROM ERROR is indicated with ms5pcb and svcpcba. ini renewing the file and the version of state data. Because you cannot use old state data, to be possible. As for mslug4 and mslug5 unless the luster interruption is effective, because it seems that is frozen, way always in inside it operates with Raster Effects = ON, modification. When there is a game which is frozen to in addition to, please try Raster Effects effectively. [rihuretsushiyureto] from 60fps modification to 59.1856fps. When FPS is indicated??? /59FPS it is indicated, but because it is normal. * Kernel Mode edition being able to compile 1.32 just that is not it seems. It is necessary everything to cancel the cash file so far the usage, to do again to draw up cash file anew. Romcnv_mvs.exe which belongs to this file (Ver.06) using, please draw up. Furthermore, with MVS ZIP compressed cash was abolished with circumstances. When cash is drawn up, the gamename_cache folder is drawn up to the cache folder of romcnv. Please copy this folder until recently in the same way in the cache folder of MVSPSP. If development circumstance especially problem it is not with and the like this, doing detailed adjustment, as 1.40 the source release schedule. Is concerning the case whether the ROM file which is written on 2ch everything is converted, whether it is not you should have used that way, but there being various reasons, it has become the present cause ROM and the shape which jointly uses cash. As for this shape there is no schedule which in the future is changed. With PSP the memory which is necessary for decoding and cryptographic cancellation is not enough at all. In addition, operational ability being too low, because time is required for cryptographic cancellation too much, the method of utilizing the origin ROM that way is impossible. When it converts entirely, if specification is not modified, unless it is all non compression, it stops being able to go and MS amount used increases. Specification it modifies and as for compressing part all conversion later it thinks that completely there is no meaning, depending upon below. Approximately, as for the half game because necessity not to do, large portion among the remaining halves only part draws up cash file, we would not like to cut labor, as (laughing) 201 people write, the person who is understood that is thought cash whether truth whether already you do, but after it converted, because sprite ROM of the original ROM file (c1.bin and the like) and PCM ROM (), program such as v1.bin ROM () everything such as p1.bin it is not reference, it is deletion possible. As for the deletion possible file it is the file which is indicated in the time of cash file compilation. “When it deleted the fact that you do not write boldly, it stopped moving”, that because “please makes the deletion tool” and so on the mail comes. In addition, please understand the fact that because as for not deleting on tool side, the person who dislikes that is. (The game which is done is limited, because probably will be, it is to think that privately it is not many time, but….)

Well that makes a lot of sense :P

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

kiariki
December 7th, 2006, 20:46
Not only do I love the translation, but the long paragraph's great! :P

What language is this translated from?

shedeus
December 7th, 2006, 20:55
japanese i believe?

my eyes hurt now

SmashinGit
December 7th, 2006, 20:58
I hadn't updated since v.130 and had to re-convert my roms.

Basil Zero
December 7th, 2006, 21:03
man, i didnt bother reading the long translation lol

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 7th, 2006, 21:18
Still Corruption On Roms.....

EvilDooinz
December 7th, 2006, 21:25
you probably need new dump eggman. samsho4 is woking clean and full speed for me what game did you see corruption?

Apoklepz
December 7th, 2006, 21:26
I recently installed 1.32 last night to be amazed by full FPS and Sound in all games and Yet, another update comes out today?...Is NJ on some hardcore drug or something?!? ;P Just kiddin'...Looks like this is majorly a bug-fix update...No new converter, right?...Anyways, i'm not updating again, since al my Metal Slugs and SVC work fine on 1.32 (converted them last night...AGAIN!)

...So, I guess it's bye bye, until this emulator actually goes Wi Fi.

migsgiz
December 7th, 2006, 21:31
so u tell me that ms3,4,5 have sound now?

Mr. Shizzy
December 7th, 2006, 21:32
I hadn't had a chance to update to even the last one yet. Thanks NJ. You are an amazing coder. :D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 7th, 2006, 21:38
you probably need new dump eggman. samsho4 is woking clean and full speed for me what game did you see corruption?

No m8 tried other sets.roms with corruption= ninja combat,magician lord,cyber lip.... on previous release other people complained of roms that used to work now not...

darthhaze420
December 7th, 2006, 21:49
yes svc with sound that is all i needed

Baboon
December 7th, 2006, 21:53
so u tell me that ms3,4,5 have sound now?

I know that Metal Slug 3 has sound now cause ive been playing the previous release and it works great! ...but on the .32 release most of the smaller games no longer ran (even after being re-cached etc).

I havent had the chance to try this new version, but if it is still buggy i'll wait.

fucht017
December 7th, 2006, 21:58
YEEES...Last blade with sound..checking garou now...Thanks NJ:thumbup:

shedeus
December 7th, 2006, 22:14
anyone know what "raster" effects do to the games on this emu?

NovaKane
December 7th, 2006, 22:38
So let me get this straight...the big roms have sound and run @ full speed? If so, Garou and SVC are mine!

SmashinGit
December 7th, 2006, 22:41
Metal Slug 4 crashes when it gets to the motor bike and side car stage, does anyone else have this problem?

Chuthbert
December 7th, 2006, 22:45
KOF2002, 2000 and 98 don't seem to work. They load fine... they load but then all you get is a blank screen. You can edit the settings (sel+l+r) but the games won't start. Any idea what's going on?

Nobunaga
December 7th, 2006, 23:03
I keep getting this "work ram test" screen, despite re-caching my roms. It does dissapear after some time. Does someone have a solution for this? BTW great emu NJ

matt2k
December 7th, 2006, 23:14
I too had the WORK RAM TEST message appear.
Turns out this only happens with the Unibios.

You have 2 options.

1. Change the machine settings to console.

or

2. Use a different bios.

mameuser
December 7th, 2006, 23:57
MVSPSP 1.40 / Kernel Mode version (2006/12/08)

Just released at a few minute ago

http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/

NovaKane
December 8th, 2006, 00:00
MVSPSP 1.40 / Kernel Mode version (2006/12/08)

Just released at a few minute ago

The saga continues...

Does it have sound for Garou and SVC now?

Nobunaga
December 8th, 2006, 00:00
I too had the WORK RAM TEST message appear.
Turns out this only happens with the Unibios.

You have 2 options.

1. Change the machine settings to console.

or

2. Use a different bios.

thanks. I'll try.

NovaKane
December 8th, 2006, 00:10
Everytime I try to make cache files for big NeoGeo roms, it always hangs at "decrypt gfx". I'm stuck using only the small roms...again >_<.

mameuser
December 8th, 2006, 00:13
The saga continues...

Does it have sound for Garou and SVC now?

From version 1.31 onward all have music and sound.
99% Full Speed Game

NovaKane
December 8th, 2006, 00:16
From version 1.31 onward all have music and sound.
99% Full Speed Game

I can't even make cache files for the big roms for some reason. It never goes past "decrypt gfx" when trying to convert...

Baboon
December 8th, 2006, 00:28
Just had a quick blast on 1.40 before I go to sleep and all of the previous bugs reported about rom compatibility have been ironed out! :)

Every game I've tried so far seems to be running spot on with sound (SVS Chaos, Shock Troopers 2, Metal Slug 3, Mark of the Wolfs, Burning fight, AOF 3, Neo Bomberman, KOF 98 etc etc).

To have all of these working perfect on a hand held is a remarkable achievment.

Thanks very much for the early xmas pressie NJ (maybe I wont purchase the PSP Metal Slug Anthology now after all). :)

I'm truly spoilt for choice now on what fighting game to play!

fucht017
December 8th, 2006, 01:02
King of Fighters 97 only shows the Beginning then...black screen...Last Blade 1 and 2 works great,only when the demo starts the screen turns also black...But how great those emus from NJ are now:thumbup:

Problem solved with version 1.40 Kernel mode.

Nocuddle
December 8th, 2006, 01:42
wat the difference between kernel & non?

delt31
December 8th, 2006, 03:58
anyone get kof2001 to work?

delt31
December 8th, 2006, 04:00
sweet kof2001 works now!

Understandable
December 8th, 2006, 04:19
when i try to cache a rom it says could not load program rom, any1 knows what that means?

Nocuddle
December 8th, 2006, 04:30
Wrong files. Use Mame roms.

devil
December 8th, 2006, 05:18
1.41 nowguys sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

matt2k
December 8th, 2006, 05:34
[QUOTE=Baboon;296866]
(maybe I wont purchase the PSP Metal Slug Anthology now after all). :)
QUOTE]

Make sure you buy Anthology so you can play as Ralf, Clark, and Leona in Metal Slug 6.

Understandable
December 8th, 2006, 06:03
My god.....1.41 now..... NJ is on fire

Understandable
December 8th, 2006, 06:11
I can tell he must never sleep but im not complaining nice work NJ, so whats new in 1.41 version?

Nobunaga
December 8th, 2006, 06:15
Hmmm... still no luck getting off that WORK RAM TEST screen. Anyone got another way of solving this? Thanks in advance.

Nocuddle
December 8th, 2006, 06:21
1.41?? $#@!%^^&!! I cant keep up.

@Nobunaga: wait at that screen a few sec or press sum buttons i think.

Nobunaga
December 8th, 2006, 06:30
1.41?? $#@!%^^&!! I cant keep up.

@Nobunaga: wait at that screen a few sec or press sum buttons i think.

Is that all that can be done? Guess I'm gonna have to live with it. Thanks.

evil_shenron
December 8th, 2006, 06:59
hmmm all games i play i can hear background music but i cant hear the efx sound....some1 know how to fix this?

tuta
December 8th, 2006, 07:25
someone please up 1.40 please 1.41 seems buggy NJ just deleted it on his site

edit:lol here comes 1.42 but its not kernel

edit2:Just tested it seems the difference is tahat from 1.41 to 1.42 music folder is not needed anymore but 1.41 has an error and 1.42 has fixed it now waiting for kernel

niabi
December 8th, 2006, 07:30
Yeah I would like 1.40 or 1.41 also please :)

niabi
December 8th, 2006, 07:31
Nevermind 1.42 is out :D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 8th, 2006, 07:34
Nevermind 1.42 is out :D

Errm like where ? not on NJ's site it's not.

Nocuddle
December 8th, 2006, 07:34
1.42????????????
$#%^&*(@@!!!

tuta
December 8th, 2006, 08:03
its out 1.42 is out but it is not the kernel one

Nobunaga
December 8th, 2006, 08:10
Sorry to be a such a pain, but I really need help on getting rid of that "WORK RAM TEST"screen. I've tried two options (thanks for that) but no luck. Anyone with another solution? Thanks and sorry to be such a pain.

Nocuddle
December 8th, 2006, 08:15
Start+Select couple times, it should goes into game. I got no PSP with me so i cant tell u exactly how i did it.

EDIT: u also need to change proper bios. once it showed me how to change but i dunno how to make it askin me back again.

Mr. Shizzy
December 8th, 2006, 08:52
OMG. This guy is an animal. Keep it up NJ ! :D

blacsupaman3
December 8th, 2006, 09:29
I just wanna add my Thanks for this. I got it and got the complete Metal Slug series going and a couple other nice games aswell...........

wilbur
December 8th, 2006, 11:57
Whoooa. I was just bout ready to wind down getting bit bored with this scene in time for Xmas then that little ninja NJ comes back with a bang.
God i'm glad to have my Pzp right now.
Sheeeeyt, so sorry Sony, i've given up on new games. I love retro. I've been lost in That GBA game Tactics Ogre for about 3 months now. Power to the peeps.
RETHPEKT nj

Veskgar
December 8th, 2006, 12:48
Awesome fast pace in the updates. But why no kernel version on the latest release? Does anyone have any idea?

NJ's dedication is admirable. The work ethic and discipline he must have is enviable.

wilbur
December 8th, 2006, 13:02
Kool me a Fool, but i still don't understand Kernal and can't be doing with going through those techical Websites to look it up.
Any one willing to give a brief explanation of it, or at least say if/why its better.
Kan i use it on my 1.5 beeatch

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 8th, 2006, 13:55
NJ's dedication is admirable. The work ethic and discipline he must have is enviable.

I 2nd that.....:thumbup: But like u said no kernal version TBH there isnt a vast difference i can live with it for now perhaps with the updates and tweaks to the kernal version thats were the rom compatibilty problems came from..

adamos22
December 8th, 2006, 14:26
there is new version of MVSPSP 1.42 (2006/12/08)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 8th, 2006, 15:01
there is new version of MVSPSP 1.42 (2006/12/08)

We are aware of it thats one of our lines of coments that there is no kernal mode version YET...

Nocuddle
December 8th, 2006, 15:07
Ok i havent following this emu long enuf.
wats the differ between kernel & non? can sum1 answer me this pls? +_+;

delt31
December 8th, 2006, 15:12
I want to get the red blood going - how do i change the settings to get that working?

NovaKane
December 8th, 2006, 15:14
Would anyone mind giving me a PM about possibly uploading some MVS cahce files (on sendspace, megaupload or etc) for me? I really want to try the bigger roms.

wilbur
December 8th, 2006, 15:21
Come on People who know more about technology than us, stop being stingy and let up. i had a look a kernal in wikipedia and it started going on about some C64 8bit chipset bullshit.
i know you know and are watching really getting off on our lack of knowledge and your supreme wisdom, but that is a little sad innit. I don't believe in all this newby crap. Forum eticquette is for geeks and freaks. ~This here is a fun site for fun folk.

Chuthbert
December 8th, 2006, 15:27
I want to get the red blood going - how do i change the settings to get that working?
Hit Sel+L+R to bring up the arcade options.

velasje
December 8th, 2006, 15:54
I feel like a complete moron because I can't get the Neo Geo emulator to work!! I've had NO problems with the others, but when I attempted to load a game (Baseball Stars 2 in this case) I keep getting a screen that says:

Checking BIOS...
All NVRAM files are removed
Checking ROM info...
ROM set "bstars2".
ERROR: CRC32 not correct. "Europe MVS (Ver. 2)"
press any button

then goes to a screen reading:
BIOS not found

What am I doing wrong?... it does this for both Neo Geo and Mame roms I've downloaded..

thanks

pichon
December 8th, 2006, 16:10
I've downloaded 1.42 from NJ site but it gives me errors when opening it win winrar are you getting 1.42 ok?

Apoklepz
December 8th, 2006, 16:13
Everyone having issues with their games should download the latest version 1.42 from NJ's site, and use the JAP MVS 3 bios...all games work with sound and full FPS, tested....If you want english text for your games, just switch to USA in the emulator menu to get your Engrish going. (I say this cause some games will surely make you laugh...Neo Geo is the best)

BTW, anybody figure out a way to PAUSE besides having to press START+SELECT for the emulator menu?

NJ...get some rest, man! XP

pichon
December 8th, 2006, 16:17
Weird, I've downloaded with IE and worked, but Mozilla gave me a corrupted rar :P Now reconverting all games and trying again, can't wait to give garou a try with sound :O

Chuthbert
December 8th, 2006, 16:26
BTW, anybody figure out a way to PAUSE besides having to press START+SELECT for the emulator menu?
You can put it in sleep mode... sorry if that's not the answer you want. Does the menu make everyone's PSP shut down when you try to return to the game or is it just me?

I updated to the latest version. Dunno what's different but what the hell. I also managed to get KOF2000 and 98 working. I'm not sure if it's because I redownloaded the rom sets or because I updated the emulator.

Gold Line
December 8th, 2006, 16:29
dose king of fighters 98 and king of fighters 2000 have sound now

Chuthbert
December 8th, 2006, 16:32
dose king of fighters 98 and king of fighters 2000 have sound now
All games do.

'sigh' This menu thing is annoying the hell out of me. Does it work at all? Does it depend on the PSP version? Does it only work on the kernal mode? Please help.

adamos22
December 8th, 2006, 16:36
We are aware of it thats one of our lines of coments that there is no kernal mode version YET...

hi
tell me what`s diffirence between taht`s version and kernel version ?

it`s kernel version is for 1.5 fw ?
it1s better , more optimilised than non-kernel version ?

thx for explain

Hawq
December 8th, 2006, 16:41
The kernal ones faster from waht I recall from reading stuff a while back. and for those wondering aobut the changes untill b8a or someone else that can do a better translation appears heres a worldlingo powered one:
Because sound had stopped being played back part normally, fixed.
Because state load you forgot that it corresponds to PCM cash, fixed.

* When ending there is report, that it falls, but not be able to verify with this one.
(With FW1.50 and FW2.60 + eLoader 0.995 verifying it is operational)

Sprite correcting the bug of drawing.
Deleting the sound test from the binary which is released. When it is necessary, please compile with each one.
Because Japanese there is a possibility of destroying memory with reading the font, modifying processing a little.

Timer modifying processing a little with cause, correcting the trouble where it has become not be able to start several games.
As for state data there is no version and compatibility of the time before.

Chuthbert
December 8th, 2006, 16:56
Nevermind about the menu thing. It works when using the eloader and I was using the Xloader exploit.

Edit: Has anyone managed to use console mode and get past the RAM check?

homemade
December 8th, 2006, 17:06
Am i supose 2 rename my unibios my bios is called "uni-bios-22" but it still tellin me i dont have the bios.

Chuthbert
December 8th, 2006, 17:11
Am i supose 2 rename my unibios my bios is called "uni-bios-22" but it still tellin me i dont have the bios.
The zip file containing the bios set should just be called "neogeo.zip". You're not actually unzipping all your roms are you?

iancloud2001
December 8th, 2006, 17:21
Hi, is there a reason why all of the large roms only have partial sound? For example, in all large fighting games, you will get a few sounds like 'menu selection' and the music is missing half of it's channels. Anyone else have this problem? Please help =}! I just want to know if my problem is rare (like a previous poster had) or maybe this how it is.

mcleod
December 8th, 2006, 17:22
Chuthbert is correct , when you get the "neogeo.zip" dont unzip it , just place it into the rom folder ... Btw this is another great achivement , thank you like always NJ , and DCEmu .. i Love this website ...

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 8th, 2006, 17:24
The kernal ones faster from waht I recall from reading stuff a while back. and for those wondering aobut the changes untill b8a or someone else that can do a better translation appears heres a worldlingo powered one:
Because sound had stopped being played back part normally, fixed.
Because state load you forgot that it corresponds to PCM cash, fixed.

* When ending there is report, that it falls, but not be able to verify with this one.
(With FW1.50 and FW2.60 + eLoader 0.995 verifying it is operational)

Sprite correcting the bug of drawing.
Deleting the sound test from the binary which is released. When it is necessary, please compile with each one.
Because Japanese there is a possibility of destroying memory with reading the font, modifying processing a little.

Timer modifying processing a little with cause, correcting the trouble where it has become not be able to start several games.
As for state data there is no version and compatibility of the time before.

Thanks Hawk for clearing that up :thumbup: saved me a lengthy post.

tunglashor
December 8th, 2006, 17:55
This is one amazing emulator... fantastic work NJ.

What I don't understand is, big games like SVC now run pretty much perfectly, but smaller ones e.g. World Heroes 2 and Turf Masters run at like 50%! Anyone else notice this? Does caching not work on the smaller games or something?

Understandable
December 8th, 2006, 18:16
MY god... 1.50 just came up this man is a monster!!!! Can any1 post the new changes?

homemade
December 8th, 2006, 18:19
The zip file containing the bios set should just be called "neogeo.zip". You're not actually unzipping all your roms are you?

Yea i'm my roms are ziped i have working bios but now my roms won't convert

Its saying:

filename: mslug3.zip
Checking ROM file...(mslug3)
Could not open file.(CPU1)
ERROR: Could not load program rom (p rom).
press any key to exit.

Chuthbert
December 8th, 2006, 18:21
MY god... 1.50 just came up this man is a monster!!!! Can any1 post the new changes?
... uhh... wow.

Here are notes from the latest version, presented to you in glorious broken English:
MVSPSP is renewal end with 1.50. When there is a bug, with each one correction. You wrote also in the past, but the fact that it has the case where same period of sound and the picture slips, because noise that tries does not ride especially and the sound which prevent the decrease of effective speed to the utmost to be the result of compromising, because it is specification, please be patient. Because there is no air which you correct, if it seems that becomes matter of concern, this with each one modification.
Uhh... yeah...

I'm currently having no problems with the emulator right now so I won't update until I do come across a problem with a game or if he releases a version with a more major change.

delt31
December 8th, 2006, 18:40
I noticed a lot of the games (metal slug, king of fighters) actually have both a mvs version and a neo cdz version. Which one is better?

Bigmill
December 8th, 2006, 18:42
The 1.50 went up.......and now it's down.

He's a crazy beast!

Nocuddle
December 8th, 2006, 18:44
I noticed a lot of the games (metal slug, king of fighters) actually have both a mvs version and a neo cdz version. Which one is better?

CD is more superior on music background. And in NJ's emu, much better emulation handling.

Bigmill
December 8th, 2006, 18:53
Version 1.50 is back up!!!!

Nocuddle
December 8th, 2006, 19:06
Iam tired. :(

I see we will have 2.xx+ by tomorrow. :D

fucht017
December 8th, 2006, 20:09
I used the 1.50 kernel and non kernel.On the opening scene with Garou, the upper screen does act a bit weird...Testing some more;)

DdevL
December 8th, 2006, 20:19
NJ you are awesome!!! I can't seem to get this one working with any of my roms. does anyone know how to get around the no BIO found that stops me from enjoying this program?

tunglashor
December 8th, 2006, 23:57
I realised that changing the bios back to a regular one corrected the problem of some games playing at like 50%... I had it on unibios

Ziim
December 9th, 2006, 01:29
1.50 final kernal mode is out!