PDA

View Full Version : Dual analog mod, now 95% less scary

wraggster
December 7th, 2006, 21:23
Via Pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/12/06/dual-analog-mod-now-95-less-scary/)

The internet loved seeing the dual-analog PSP in action. Too bad it looked as bad as Britney Spears' you-know-what. Well, the creative people of Next PSP Hacks have come up with a much more attractive solution: dual analog nubs, which are cased internally and symmetrically. Looking at the video they provided, it seems like this is what the PSP should've had in the first place! Of course, I wouldn't rip apart my PSP to attempt what must have been a daunting installation.

Video Here --> http://www.youtube.com/v/s0t4Y0w6RBk

porchemasi
December 7th, 2006, 21:27
Unless tehres a time delay on the 2nd nub it sorta loosk fake :(

qskint
December 7th, 2006, 21:28
what game is that?

pkmusicmaker
December 7th, 2006, 21:32
I like how it's shot in the dark and the nub is covered at all times.

deathspal
December 7th, 2006, 21:35
Ghost in the shell.

Ichijoe
December 7th, 2006, 21:36
what game is that?

It's Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
It was the first and also the last FPS Game I will ever purchase for the PSP™.

Care to take a quick guess why?!

Now if this is true this would be MORE AWESOME then the Undiluted Platinum Modchip!!!

Yes wraggster this is exactly what the PSP™ should have been!

Here's hopping that a How-To Guide will get relesed soon, and that it'll also be a bit simpler to mod the having to install said Modchip...

C0R3F1GHT3R
December 7th, 2006, 21:37
they look like the regular analog stick but just two of em. They should make a mod like the one of the PS2 controller analog but put it in place of the stock analog cause the PSP's stock analog is like a joystick kinda because it has a about a 70 degree side turn angle instead of having a wider radius like a ps2 controller.

**1_Man_Matrix**
December 7th, 2006, 21:54
There's nothing wrong with Medal of Honour & Syphon filter.

Don't get me wrong, I'll stab myself in the eye, because of the blatent stupidity of Sony if the PSP2 doesn't have a second nub, but if Ghost in the Shell disapointed you, these 2 games will restore your faith :D

John Vattic
December 7th, 2006, 21:55
Brittany spears' ? hammerhead shark eyes? it's fetal alcohol syndrome. you shoundn't make fun of how someone looks. instead it's much more pc and appropriate to make fun of her relationships or aweful music.

i'm not doing that to my psp.
my psp is not a crack baby(meth baby in brittanys' case)

Skateblind
December 7th, 2006, 22:04
I do agree it looked slightly fake, but unless he practiced for ages getting his timing right, I'm pretty sure this is real.

Mew
December 7th, 2006, 22:05
this mod LOOKS awesome but I don't know if it's really useable for the current PSP (and its games)..
This right nub (and in the last video the right stick) is only a replacement/copy of the X, O, [ ], /\ Buttons.. so there's no real "analog" feeling in it (because the buttons are unfortunally digital :( ) ...
I don't understand until this day why Sony didn't implemented a second analog-nub and analog buttons (like their ps2 controller..... yeah or maybe like the ps3 one with sixaxis-controll-feature... lol imagine that!! *psp moving around and shakin* lmao :D )

shedeus
December 7th, 2006, 22:37
at 0:08, he presses down, and the nothing happens. Presses it down 1/2 second later and the screen follows...

suspicious to me...

Broadus
December 8th, 2006, 00:08
He should have made the dual analong nubs and their functions more prominent. I couldn't even see the right analog nub the entire video, and he didn't do anything showing that he was clearly using an analog nub, as he simply stabbed in certain directions, rather than circling around smoothly or doing anything you couldn't do with the face buttons.

DarthPaul
December 8th, 2006, 00:56
it looks like hard to manage anyways..i really dont know why people say that controlling FPS with the PSP is hard..for me it isnt.

shrimpidy
December 8th, 2006, 01:03
It'd be amazing to see all the mods (blue LED triggers and buttons, modchip, dual analog sticks/ nubs, clear umd drive) all in one PSP.

PSPFR3AK
December 8th, 2006, 01:11
i dont see anything there

pkmaximum
December 8th, 2006, 03:15
The mod is alright but in the end I really don't care about a second numb for the PSP a whole lot. I don't see what the big deal is....

But ya that would be a fantastic idea lots of mods in one PSP. Now how are we going to convince SONY to sell a hacked product XD

cypressice
December 8th, 2006, 04:35
The analog is a cool concept the the fact remains its digital. And im sure its probably real. the timeing on youtubes videos usually blows. But i would be happy if the analog works like the one on the left so that you could do your aiming on the right like on a PS2 controller. Coded Arms still gives me trouble. But anyway good work on the mod im sure that was a bitch to do.

samthegreat68
December 8th, 2006, 06:13
jeez, 5 years ago i would have given my left arm to get a looksey at brittney spears' junk.

mr_nick666
December 8th, 2006, 09:57
Fake or not it shows the space where that second anologue nub should have lived :rolleyes:

Ichijoe
December 8th, 2006, 10:22
There's nothing wrong with Medal of Honour & Syphon filter.

Don't get me wrong, I'll stab myself in the eye, because of the blatent stupidity of Sony if the PSP2 doesn't have a second nub, but if Ghost in the Shell disapointed you, these 2 games will restore your faith :D

No I seriously doubt it, I'm frankly sick of FPS! :mad:
I only bought the Title in question 'couse of my deep love of the Franchise. (i.e. GitS),.

And no matter how good / bad the other FPS titles on the PSP™ may be, they will still suffer from the lack of a second Analog Nub, Just like the FPS parts of GTA:LCS did.

OkornographyO
December 8th, 2006, 11:20
I think u should mention acidmods.com too because nextpsphacks and acidmods figured out that mod together. Developers are Can we hack it?, CyBerpyrot and Josenose.

Gray Fox
December 8th, 2006, 15:10
This is something that would be really usefull at MGS potable ops for rotating the cam!

Gold Line
December 8th, 2006, 16:40
make a new video because this looks fake

OkornographyO
December 8th, 2006, 17:41
its not fake :(

VampDude
December 8th, 2006, 19:55
probably stuck on with glue, I did'nt see it moving in any way whatsoever!

OkornographyO
December 8th, 2006, 21:45
Go to www.Acidmods.com and there u can read everything about this mod (:

J sims
December 9th, 2006, 08:47
Maybe the slow reaction time is actually just a flaw in the mod.I am not sure if this is just a rough bypass of the digital buttons or if it includes a firmware/software hack that isn't optimised just yet.If it is the later than that explains the delay.