PDA

View Full Version : 2124 v0.2a - Homebrew RPG for PSP

wraggster
December 7th, 2006, 22:00
PsPhReaK has released a new version of his Homebrew RPG for the PSP, heres the release details:

Well anyways, I dug this thing up a little while back after having given up on it for a while... I had so many problems that all turned out to be spawned from a bad MakeFile. It is a dinky RPG-style game thing where you walk around and kill things. It's called 2124, but I may change the name...

anyway here's the release/feature/todo list:

v. 0.2a - current release
- walk around and kill stuff AND get money and exp
- no level-gaining
- much more stable than 0.1 (hasn't crashed yet, probably won't)
- all graphics are compiled along with the game and are loadImageFromMemory'ed
- integrated graphics makes it faster to copy to your MS as it is only one file: EBOOT.PBP (1.31mb)
- collision no longer works, so you can walk through anything

INSTRUCTIONS: well now I realize I forgot to say anything about how you play this thing....
1. extract the .zip file to your PSP/GAME or PSP/GAME150 depending on your firmware set up
2. move around with the analog nub or with the D-Pad
3. when you encounter an enemy, wait until the sword icon appears on the enemy. Then you can attack with X. Or just hold down X the whole time, but it will not go any faster.

This is the current battle mode. however, I will be changing it so there is no battle mode, and you just run around killing things (hack'n'slash).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via psphfreak (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1227513&postcount=1)

jools
December 7th, 2006, 23:07
please please please keep the current battle mode and work on it:p

nice work so far

Hungry Horace
December 7th, 2006, 23:14
i'd like a picture of this, because RPGs are good when they are old-school enough.... i just worry it might not be the kind of RPG i'm looking for

Deshevy
December 8th, 2006, 00:03
i'd like a picture of this, because RPGs are good when they are old-school enough.... i just worry it might not be the kind of RPG i'm looking for

The guy put a lot of time and effort to make this game u have to try it yourself to truly appreciate his work

Tonx_9
December 8th, 2006, 00:05
nice work mate ima download it now

DarthPaul
December 8th, 2006, 00:51
cool,but im kinda worried about homebrew rpg's..they all suck..i dont know if ill spend my time trying this one..

Avenyet
December 8th, 2006, 00:53
its nice to see someone willing to make a good RPG better than all the "NEW AGE" rpgs we are seeing now

watupgroupie
December 8th, 2006, 04:22
cool,but im kinda worried about homebrew rpg's..they all suck..i dont know if ill spend my time trying this one..
Please don't say comments like that keep them too yourself people like this keep the homebrew scene going.

Hungry Horace
December 8th, 2006, 11:26
The guy put a lot of time and effort to make this game u have to try it yourself to truly appreciate his work

a lot of time and effort is put into a lot of homebrew, it doesnt mean though that everyone has the time to try all of them, nevermind test them properly. (particular since it's a very early version) - i dont really see that a few pics is much to ask for, and it shouldnt (doesnt) mean that the authors work isnt appriciated.

i just wanted to know if it was Dungeon Master style or what.... :confused: it doesnt even say in the main post.

jonezybaby
December 8th, 2006, 14:43
much 2 be worked on in this game but great game none the less, keep up the good work!!

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
December 8th, 2006, 16:59
THX alot, hope you keep this game going.!!

jjsy
March 13th, 2007, 13:22
yes i do agree much 2 be worked on but awsome game and i like when u win he takes his helm itz sumthin new :) but anyway lookin forwad to later versions hopfuly

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
March 13th, 2007, 16:36
nice start and don't give up....the homebrew scene really needs some good RPGs.