PDA

View Full Version : I got my Wii :)

wraggster
December 7th, 2006, 22:07
Finally MY US Wii has arrived, those basts at Customs charged me so im a little bit pissed but i wanted a us version of the Wii, i have Wii Sports and the Zelda Game, ill post pics and do a review of sorts later, now im off to play with my Wii :D

TheMarioKarters
December 7th, 2006, 22:11
Congrats to you, I got my US Wii on November the 27th. :)

Shyvnal
December 7th, 2006, 22:17
Getting my UK one in less than 2 hours sooooooo :P
Oh and congrats ^^

ExcruciationX
December 7th, 2006, 22:24
Congrats, Wraggster!

muffinman
December 7th, 2006, 22:27
i have to wait till 6 in the morning for mine :(

oh well only 7 and a 1/2 long hours to go

wraggster
December 7th, 2006, 22:50
anyone know if a UK Gamecube Power lead willbe safe on a US Wii ?

if not ill use my bulky step down converter

Jonesyxxiv
December 8th, 2006, 01:17
I got my Wii yesterday. I just finished the first dungeon. Zelda is awesome! I plan to be a regular visitor here at Wii news(im usually at PSP news, which is my homepage).

shadowprophet
December 8th, 2006, 01:59
The wii is neat :thumbup:

Im gonna pick up a copy of red steel later today.

Zelda is nice and groovie anwesome, But i wanna see what that red steel is about :D

SSaxdude
December 8th, 2006, 02:19
I got my Wii on launch day here in the US. I'm too poor to buy any games so I haven't been playing it much (or any games for that matter.)

^^ Red Steel is alright, the only attraction of it is that you can use the Wiimote. Otherwise it would just be a bland, online multiplayerless FPS. Oh and the controls are really sensitive. I tried the sword fighting and wasn't impressed.

shadowprophet
December 8th, 2006, 03:07
I got my Wii on launch day here in the US. I'm too poor to buy any games so I haven't been playing it much (or any games for that matter.)

^^ Red Steel is alright, the only attraction of it is that you can use the Wiimote. Otherwise it would just be a bland, online multiplayerless FPS. Oh and the controls are really sensitive. I tried the sword fighting and wasn't impressed.

The sword fighting was what I wanted red steel for.

I was hopeing the sword battles would be really flexible and open, giveing true freedom to use ones own ideas of sword play :(.

If it doesnt offer that, then my entire interest in Rs is gone :(

Thanks for the heads up SSaxdude :cool:

Destroyer699
December 8th, 2006, 03:27
I've already beaten Zelda.

Took me 32+ hours....

shadowprophet
December 8th, 2006, 03:33
I've already beaten Zelda.

Took me 32+ hours....

leave out all the spoilers. But does it stand up to the series standerds ? is it as good as the past zeldas in the end?

I heart Nintendo
December 8th, 2006, 03:40
I got my Wii too! *Yaaaaaaaay!* Haven't even opened it yet. I only got back home a while ago. I'm gonna give it all my attention later on. Right now; BEDTIME!

G'night!!

Destroyer699
December 8th, 2006, 03:43
Yes, it does.

The final battle is the best zelda event I've ever played.

shadowprophet
December 8th, 2006, 03:50
Yes, it does.

The final battle is the best zelda event I've ever played.

Awesome, I cant wait till ive got some time to devote to it, So far ive only turned it on and tried it out :o

@ I heart Nintendo, The same thing happened to me, When i went to get my wii, wal mart had an elaberated plan to make us stand outside the door in the cold for an hour and a half,

When we got inside, they made us ( stand) in a single file line at the electronics check out counter. it wasnt so bad, I was upset though because my wife came to stand in line with me, and as she understood it, wal mart was gonna provide us a place to at least sit down, after another three hours of waiting, standing in line like a muppet :mad:.....
I got my wii, sadly, by the time i got back home, i was too tired to open it, so it sit for another four hours on my desk, untill I woke up..:thumbup:

brainpan
December 8th, 2006, 04:22
I got my Wii on launch day and my fiancee gets pissed everytime I play Zelda. Oh well, :)
I also got my Nintendo branded component cables in today but unfortunately I am heading to D.C. and wont even get to try Zelda in "hi-res" for a week. I'll have my PSP though....

OH YEAH! I think Twilight Princess is the best in the series so far.

Stump
December 8th, 2006, 05:58
congratulations dudes ;)

Meekasko
December 8th, 2006, 06:59
Congrats Wraggster!

I bought mine on Amazon and am waiting for it to be delivered. C'mon City Link, don't let me down!

So glad I booked today off work :D

alienanthropologist
December 8th, 2006, 07:27
Got up at 5 o' clock in the morning, made my way to HMV and saw a note on the window saying they'd sold out.

This is contray to what they'd said to me a couple of days before, when they suggested I should be first in line since they only had 20 consoles and weren't preodering.

So I'm back home now and will get on with my essays, which is good I suppose.

I was dreading something like this would happen. And then it did. I hate god.:mad:

strumstrum
December 8th, 2006, 08:46
yep, got mine, have just seen the kids off to school so im gonna set it up and have a good go before they get home and I lose it forever... :lol:

Mabolsa Ritchie
December 8th, 2006, 08:48
You should check elsewhere dude! Check every stinking where for wii! I keep refreshing the tracking page on parcleforce for hopes of something new. Im sure there playing with me.

Parcel tracking details

Progress of the parcel you've enquired about is displayed below.

Parcel number: ***************

Parcel tracks

Date Time Location Tracking Event

08-12-2006 04:53 Preston Depot Out for delivery
08-12-2006 02:55 Preston Depot Arrived at delivery depot
07-12-2006 19:28 National Hub Sorted in hub

See do you see it! Its a bloody conspiracy soon they'll tell me it in a sorting line or its being deliverd FTW! Just deliver it already and stop playing with my wii its mine! My wii!!!

dejkirkby
December 8th, 2006, 08:49
yep, got mine, have just seen the kids off to school so im gonna set it up and have a good go before they get home and I lose it forever... :lol:

Ain't that the truth. Same thing was happening to my PSP. Get what the little ones are getting for Christmas?

MikeDX
December 8th, 2006, 09:26
My Wii is being packed as I type this and will be here monday :)

ashjacques
December 8th, 2006, 09:56
Got mine last night at 1ish after an hour queue.
Woke up this morning and the wife has already started to wrap it. Gonna have a good Christmas, not so good launch day.
Got to now wait to play Zelda, Sports, Play and Red Steel..Could have been worse, may not have got hold of one

shadowprophet
December 8th, 2006, 10:26
Got mine last night at 1ish after an hour queue.
Woke up this morning and the wife has already started to wrap it. Gonna have a good Christmas, not so good launch day.
Got to now wait to play Zelda, Sports, Play and Red Steel..Could have been worse, may not have got hold of one

your wife was just wrapping yours. I cant get my wife to stop playing mine :rofl:

Malksta
December 8th, 2006, 10:47
Good for you, Wraggs, Hopefully i can get a Wii too in a few hours :(

ExInferis
December 8th, 2006, 11:19
Got mine at virgin this morning. They only had 6 and bugger all accessories. Oh well I got Zelda.

<rant>Game are such a bunch of 'tards they wont sell any accessories unless you preordered with them. They have 20 copies of wii play hangin on a shelf behind the counter. I just want one ffs!!! </rant>

SmashinGit
December 8th, 2006, 14:18
Mine should hopefully be here by tomorrow, fingers crossed.

compoman386
December 8th, 2006, 14:21
Game are such a bunch of 'tards they wont sell any accessories unless you preordered with them

Thats odd 'cause they sold me a copy of Wii Play w/free remote, and I didn't pre order

Also what has happened to the news updates on this site? Used to be a new item each time i looked but now only 1 or 2 a day. In case you somehow missed it, the Wii launched across most of europe today, why no news about that?

strumstrum
December 8th, 2006, 15:13
your wife was just wrapping yours. I cant get my wife to stop playing mine :rofl:

:) :) :)

apart from suduko & koloom on her psp and brain training on my ds I have never seen my wife 'want' to play console games so much, she is loving Bowling on sports and riding the knitted cow on play..:thumbup:

shadowprophet
December 8th, 2006, 15:23
:) :) :)

apart from suduko & koloom on her psp and brain training on my ds I have never seen my wife 'want' to play console games so much, she is loving Bowling on sports and riding the knitted cow on play..:thumbup:

Before now, she only likeed yoshis cookie and tetris.
and just about every raceing game out there ;)

~ I think its the motion technology, people really seem to like it, quite a bit:thumbup:

I have to say, I myself am impressed with it somewhat too :thumbup:

I wonder how real hard core fighting games like soul caluber and tekken will work with the wii mote :confused:

scottyboynow
December 8th, 2006, 15:37
My mate came up to me this morning and told me he just got his Wii from Woolworths his dad brung it home woke him up at 5 in the morning i now envy him lucky sod

Accordion
December 8th, 2006, 17:11
my Wii has still not arrived...

even though it left the parcelforce depot this morning according to the website...

it seems quite dodgy really.
from what i can tell parcellforce only deliver between 9 am and 5:30 pm...which is drawing too close for comfort...

i fear the worst!!!

jangosolo
December 8th, 2006, 18:19
Got mine this morning, but still at work - gutted!!

Accordion
December 8th, 2006, 18:29
anyone else had a Wii go missing in action

or am just the most unlucky person in the world

just to clarify, i actually was confirmed a launch day Wii, and was even contacted when it left the depot...now it seems to have gone...

i want to cry, but i cant

Xiofire
December 8th, 2006, 19:27
Got my Wii today at 3pm, delivered to my door by parcel force, from Game! Tis awesome!
Red Steel is ok, Wii Sports is great.
Getting Zelda tomorrow! :)
-Xiofire

Destroyer699
December 8th, 2006, 20:04
I had to wait in line at my local BestBuy for 2 and a half hours to get my Wii. It was #41 out of 43 of an expected 40.

Accordion
December 8th, 2006, 22:51
mine came...at 6:30
been playing non stop till now

davhth4
December 9th, 2006, 10:00
i got mine number 76 out of about 300 but only top hundred got yesterday.

skforty
December 10th, 2006, 07:27
woot

Strumtoo
December 10th, 2006, 10:29
has anyone noticed how warm the unit is, even in standby..?