PDA

View Full Version : New Dreamcast releases - How to make more professional?

wraggster
March 23rd, 2005, 15:13
GoatDan posted this interesting newsworthy post

<blockquote>
As many people on here know, the GOAT Store has so far published three games for the Sega Dreamcast since the system has no longer been supported in the United States. As I've mentioned in some posts, most recently the "developers pissed off" thread, these releases have drawn interest from industry insiders as a possible 'new idea' about how to publish small, niche titles and possibly make money.

A few facts about our releases:

- They are playable on any system no matter the region encoding -- PAL or NTSC. In fact, to date over 60% of each release has been sold in Asia and over 75% of each release has been sold outside of the US.
- They are professionally pressed discs in a professional jewel case. They are silk screened. Everything about them is done with the utmost care to details. There is no burning and no self-printing done here. In fact, I have a hunch that we are using the same factory that Sega used for their releases.
- They are developed independantly by developers that are developing as a side job or to do concepts that they couldn't otherwise do.
- They are developed in the KallistiOS environment, which means that we do not have to pay Sega licensing fees and gives the same functionality as the actual development system, if not more because people are still developing for it.

Now, we want everyone to take these releases as serious as a real release. We have taken some steps to do so. For starters, every release from here on out will get its own bar code.

Some industry insiders are trying to convince me to get the games ESRB rated, which I really can't afford at this time, although we are keeping the option open (and have had paperwork sent to us from the ESRB about the possibility of doing so). What I am wondering is what else could we do to make the games releases even better?

I would really like to hear what serious game collectors think that we could do to improve the look and feel of the games. I won't name here what we have come up with, because I want everyone to come up with their own opinions. I will be paying very close attention, and you can expect at least some of the opinions to happen as soon as possible.

Now, for the deal. Please only take advantage of this if you reply in the thread, but to thank you for giving me / us your opinion, we have put a limited number of our Dreamcast releases up for sale exclusively through this thread and one other I'll write later tonight. You can get all three releases for $36.00, which is a savings of $8.70 from their usual price. To take advantage of this deal, the link is - http://goatstore.com/info.php?id=372032 </blockquote>

Darksaviour69
March 23rd, 2005, 16:19
i think it would be cool if they added demos of there old games in the new release, there should be enought room on the disc to do so. i think the current packaging is good