View Full Version : Official PSPGPS or direct USB connection support?

seargent007
December 8th, 2006, 03:35
hey Deniska, i know this isnt the personal way to contact you, but i was wondering if you plan to implement this threads title into your program eventually. Apparently if the Sony GPS software works there has to be some communication method. Im sure many people here (and many on qjnet that already do) would think this rocks! especially not having to mod the cable and using a mini-b to mini-b connection instead. Thanks for your time Deniska. Happy coding! And to all readers of this thread, post your opinion of the importance of this feature to you.

deniska
December 12th, 2006, 23:03
hey Deniska, i know this isnt the personal way to contact you, but i was wondering if you plan to implement this threads title into your program eventually. Apparently if the Sony GPS software works there has to be some communication method. Im sure many people here (and many on qjnet that already do) would think this rocks! especially not having to mod the cable and using a mini-b to mini-b connection instead. Thanks for your time Deniska. Happy coding! And to all readers of this thread, post your opinion of the importance of this feature to you.

Once someone hack and document the GPS module routines it should be farelly easy to make it compatible with MapThis! Until now, we'll just need to wait abit....

justcerfin
December 30th, 2006, 15:50
I agree. I already purchased a PSP GPS because I thought it was supported. Personally I think it would be an awesome thing if it was. I understand you have already done so much in the GPS realm but if you could also include support for the PSP GPS it would greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your hard work and I look forward for future releases of MapThis!

deniska
December 30th, 2006, 19:07
looks like I'll be getting the Sony's GPS unit in the nearest future. Thanks to all the people's donations and research.. so hang on there.. it should not be long before we crack it ;-)

pctechie
January 1st, 2007, 18:26
Hey everyone!........johnmph @ PS2DEV FORUMS has started work on the USB GPS Functions! Check out this thread: http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=7222

deniska
January 2nd, 2007, 14:05
I am well aware of this development, but thanks anyway :-)

pctechie
January 2nd, 2007, 18:35
Yes, after reading through the entire thread, I can see you had already been there and posted some replies. Please don't take offense to my posting, was just trying to help. I am very grateful for your work on this great project!!! Is there a place on your developer site for donations to the MapThis! project?

Again, sorry for jumping the gun. :)

deniska
January 3rd, 2007, 14:18
No problem at all...
There is a donations thread in this part of the forum.
It has all the info...
Cheers...

obazavil
January 9th, 2007, 11:24
I went today to the downtown, outside the station, and finally I could got it working. I was able to see my position on the GPS (Official GPS)
l
Problem is that at least in my city, is very unstable. Sometimes grabs the signal, sometimes if "wait" forever, even if i'm outside without buildings

At least, I know now is supported by latest Firmware, that is GREAT!

I hope deniska gets his GPS unit soon so he can extend it to use official GPS receiver

ypcyc
February 23rd, 2007, 07:28
What's the progress on subject?

MIB.42
February 23rd, 2007, 19:09
What's the progress on subject?

What do you mean?

( If you mean support for the PSP GPS, you should have read posts from the 'News Forum' )

ypcyc
February 24th, 2007, 18:24
I mean will it be possible to connect Holux with self made mini-b to mini-b cable?

Because I'm from Latvia and I can't find any gadgets with PSP control connectors

MIB.42
February 24th, 2007, 19:04
I mean will it be possible to connect Holux with self made mini-b to mini-b cable?

Because I'm from Latvia and I can't find any gadgets with PSP control connectors

I see. Well, I followed the instructions; I took apart my PSP remote control and used the connector from there ( grey one goes to USB#3 and the blue one goes to USB#1 ) and took a mini-USB cable ( which came with my digital camera, but I use a cardreader in my computer ) and soldered a 1K resistor the way it is described. Works great, I only had once when the little cable snapped, but now I have it secured, so it works just fine.

Regards.

MIB.42
March 31st, 2007, 02:05
Please see attached:

jpc2
March 31st, 2007, 02:32
Please see attached:

what is this?

MIB.42
March 31st, 2007, 18:40
A serialport dump configured for 4800 baud support. It was requested to test non-38kbps devices.

preetyforu
January 6th, 2008, 16:46
you could try gnokii (it's in univrese). It was written as an interface to Nokia phones but apparently it works with others as well. Not sure if Sony is supported.