PDA

View Full Version : American Hardware Sales, November

Darksaviour69
December 8th, 2006, 10:02
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/newspostimages/usasales2.jpg

Well the Xmas rush has arrived! The NPD Group has just released its video game sales data for the month of November.

The big winner is the DS, with an increase over sales over 1/2 Million,that brings the install base of 8.1 million in the U.S. alone. The shocking news is, the GBA, which seemed to be dieing out to make way for the DS and PSP has had a huge increase in sales. The PSP seems to be losing the Hand-held war with Nintendo, considering the higher price, the PSP is not doing that bad.

In the Consoles sales its the PS2 leading the charge, showing the new comers hows its done. While the Xbox 360 moves up a Gear having its best month since its launch (which was 330,000), but needs to do better if its wants to meet the 10 million units sold world wide before the end of the year. The good News for MS, the original Xbox took 13 months to sell 3.57 million units in the US, while the Xbox 360 is now at the 3.8 million mark (after 12 months).

After Sony's promise of 400,000 PS3 for the US launch, it looks like they only got just under 200,000 units to the shops. As expected the Wii had the best launch of all 3 next gen consoles, but its if just the first hurdle in a very long race.

Veskgar
December 8th, 2006, 11:36
I would expect the DS Lite to do well but to see that the GBA is also beating the PSP is sorta depressing being a PSP fan.

JKKDARK
December 8th, 2006, 12:24
wow the gba is selling a lot.

spikegrantham
December 8th, 2006, 14:16
Very surprising results, The wii and Ds seem to be going hand in hand, maybe people are pre empting the compatibility between the 2.

also that the GBA is outselling the PSP so much is great news, people have realised what a dissapointing peice of hardware it is.

F9zDark
December 8th, 2006, 19:14
Its disappointing to those who can't run homebrew.

Makaveli777
December 8th, 2006, 19:44
Well unlike most haters I like the games for psp and it doesn't seem to be doing that bad really. GBAs will allways sell for those parents getting their little kids a game. Ds Lite always sells alot too I like the lite version its not ugly like the normal one. Dissapointing to see ps3 cant ship out enough ps3's to sell, I bet they lost alot of sales to wii and 360 because of that.

Btw when the heck will ps2 stop selling so much. Its been out since the beginning of time. Maybe when ps3 is cheaper and more availible.

Basil Zero
December 8th, 2006, 22:55
this is typical...gba winning, kids are being tricked into buying the gba games...from their parents ....even though both parties dont know about emulation lol

Basil Zero
December 8th, 2006, 22:55
ps2 sales are increasing because people want to get ready for PS3....when the costs gets less lol

benn
December 9th, 2006, 09:27
i thought 360 had been out 17months in US. in which case, it means it is doign WORSE than original Xbox! that is shocking man.
there is no way they are going to wait until Nov07 for Halo3. they cannot afford to!
independance Day.....

Darksaviour69
December 9th, 2006, 13:59
the xbox360 was released world wide last November, therefore its doing better than the original, like i original posted, i check my facts before i post, instead of pulling random numbers out of my ass (17months?, you think it was released july 2005???)

benn
December 9th, 2006, 14:50
no biggie - i own one.
i just read somewhere on gamespot about 17months and that had me really confused as i thought it was released worldwide in nov too.... but didnt check up on things. my bad DS69.

also that the GBA is outselling the PSP so much is great news, people have realised what a dissapointing peice of hardware it is.

i cannot believe that you are saying the psp is a disappointing piece of hardware! the multi purpose functionality makes it some of the most exciting pieces of hardware around.
GBA... yeah, really exciting piece of harware?!?!!? you ass.

PS3 having a hardtime is not really an issue right now as $ony still outsell on the PS2, and considering how long that thing has been out for the unit is probably 90% profit by now - think that the X360 is just coming into the area where it is starting to make profit and that is near 10m machines shipped. imagine how many PS2s shipped???

r2works
December 10th, 2006, 06:34
my god, 1 million DS lite's in one month.

pt9087
December 24th, 2006, 18:57
c,mon psp