PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online - Server Termination pending 3/31/2007

JKKDARK
December 8th, 2006, 16:07
That's. Sega announced that the Phantasy Star Online games will be offline in 3/31/07 :cry:
And it is not only for the Dreamcast versions, it's also for the GameCube versions :cry:
I don't have idea about the Xbox version or the PSOBB for PC.

You can read the official news on both DC/GC PSO sites :cry:
Dreamcast PSO site (http://pso.dricas.ne.jp/pso_dricas.html)
GameCube PSO site (http://www.sonicteam.com/psogc/pc/index_on.html)

boni $oic
December 8th, 2006, 16:40
who cares we havent needed them to make a DC/GC/PC server for a few years now. as for X Live i imagine the cash will keep it afloat..

Hawq
December 8th, 2006, 16:40
Good thing theres the free server to go on then if people want to continue, wonder if the Xbox one will get supported if the servers for that close as well?

JKKDARK
December 8th, 2006, 16:45
the xbox version and PSOBB for PC will be online ;)

Hawq, Schthacl (the only unofficial server) is full of hackers, so it sucks

Elven6
December 8th, 2006, 20:45
Damn this sucks, mabye someone can make another unoffical server with hack proof type technology similar to offical ones.

BTW: Didn't Sega of Japan say they wanted Phantasy Star Users to play for ever so they would keep the servers running? And here their shutting them down!

boni $oic
December 10th, 2006, 02:41
who cares what SOJ said? the point is u can either jack schthack's server the same way he jacked sega;s or u can use the tools to make ur own anti hack server.. as for xbx i dont know. the xbox live component i do kno complicates things since it effectively plays tomb guard as you try to enter the crypt, err i mean server..

Elven6
December 10th, 2006, 16:18
who cares what SOJ said? the point is u can either jack schthack's server the same way he jacked sega;s or u can use the tools to make ur own anti hack server.. as for xbx i dont know. the xbox live component i do kno complicates things since it effectively plays tomb guard as you try to enter the crypt, err i mean server..

Hey has long has someone can make a server with hacking protection it would do.

DarkSynbios
December 11th, 2006, 14:23
I m too sad about this because i play the PSO V2 and my character name is Arena.
So soon on this month (i dont remember the day)the pso is close 6 years! so if have someone the game is right to come and for next months show the online on dc is alive!
The other is to send to keep just one server! one for japan and one for europe! just one!!

sorry for my bad english!! :)

DarkSynbios!

boni $oic
December 12th, 2006, 17:59
my bad english!! :)

i second that..

now whats the buzz on the other DC games? any new developments? And would anyone care to give their thoughts on just how schthack got GC, PC, and DC togethor in one game? im wondering if the same could be done for maybe a worms world party server based on the NGage version? it seems as if if the games share enough common ground they can become compatable. idk..

DarkSynbios
December 17th, 2006, 10:38
I have a little good news! i dont know is truth that but one player from pso is send email on sega europe about servers and reply him that: "no plans to close the servers because is very cheap to run"

well see on 01/04/2007!

JKKDARK
December 17th, 2006, 17:45
I have a little good news! i dont know is truth that but one player from pso is send email on sega europe about servers and reply him that: "no plans to close the servers because is very cheap to run"

well see on 01/04/2007!

If it's right, contact the player now. He must join OnlineConsoles (www.onlineconsoles.com)(The *official* dreamcast online forum) and talk about it. And maybe adding a screen with the message from Sega Europe. Please, contact him. It's very important, I don't want to believe that he's joking.

JD/
December 17th, 2006, 19:04
I know this is a bit off topic but does anyone know if you can use the gamecube PSO on a wii to go online I can't try myself yet because I can't let my bro's see it before christmas.

JKKDARK
December 18th, 2006, 13:08
I know this is a bit off topic but does anyone know if you can use the gamecube PSO on a wii to go online I can't try myself yet because I can't let my bro's see it before christmas.

sadly, you can't play online with PSO games on the Wii. Only offline

lo
December 20th, 2006, 13:40
Hi Arena, it's me t.r.i.c. :)

Hope to see you on 21th.

PSO's birthday :)

DarkSynbios
December 20th, 2006, 13:59
Hello t.r.i.c!!! ^^
i come and today!!!
i hope to see you there!!! :)

come all on party!!!! :D

Leon!

JKKDARK
December 20th, 2006, 16:35
I will try to connect today.. if I leave PSOBB :D

boni $oic
December 21st, 2006, 00:39
If it's right, contact the player now. He must join OnlineConsoles (www.onlineconsoles.com)(The *official* dreamcast online forum) and talk about it. And maybe adding a screen with the message from Sega Europe. Please, contact him. It's very important, I don't want to believe that he's joking.

dont you dare call that virtual dictatorship anything close to "official"

JKKDARK
December 21st, 2006, 00:49

This site is better than the Sega Official site for Dreamcast online. and it's the place where you can find the active Dreamcast online games users

lo
December 21st, 2006, 04:26

Can't say anything against OC, otherwise, I think, I would get banned there...Hehheh.

The US Players have just arrived, the germans will celebrate later. Arena you started yesterday? Sorry, I was late joined PSO around Beat @030, 21th.