PDA

View Full Version : NJ's Neogeo MVPSP v1.50 Released

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 8th, 2006, 17:22
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html) has released a new version of his NeoGeo MVS Emulator for the PSP

From what i can see it fixes several graphical issues present on some roms on previous releases .:thumbup:

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

SmashinGit
December 8th, 2006, 19:54
to anyone having problems with running certain games, try changing the bios you are using. Highlight the game you want to play then hold L + R + Start, then select another bios. Metal Slug 4 runs great now.

Baboon
December 8th, 2006, 20:39
Everythings running very nciely on all the games that ive tried.

NJ I salute you. :)

kando
December 8th, 2006, 21:08
background music on metal slug x/4/5 and svc :o

M-Lin
December 8th, 2006, 21:27
Stunning work NJ! Can't decide which of NJs emulators are the best on the psp, but they are the best:thumbup:

homemade
December 8th, 2006, 22:29
to anyone having problems with running certain games, try changing the bios you are using. Highlight the game you want to play then hold L + R + Start, then select another bios. Metal Slug 4 runs great now.

My metal slug 3,4, and 5 wont convert along with a few other games i have, how did u get yours 2 convert?

g00gy
December 8th, 2006, 22:33
nj rulez

love the way he releases updates every day :D keep it up NJ

blacsupaman3
December 8th, 2006, 22:38
My metal slug 3,4, and 5 wont convert along with a few other games i have, how did u get yours 2 convert?

It might the games them self because I had the same problem so I downloaded different ones and know I have the complete Metal Slug Series running with sound..... And that was with 1.33 then 1.42 and now I'm gonna try 1.50

homemade
December 8th, 2006, 22:58
It might the games them self because I had the same problem so I downloaded different ones and know I have the complete Metal Slug Series running with sound..... And that was with 1.33 then 1.42 and now I'm gonna try 1.50

Ok then i'll try that now, thanx 4 the info.

delt31
December 8th, 2006, 23:00
my Metal slug 3 had a graphic line on the top with this version so i went back

NovaKane
December 8th, 2006, 23:04
NJ can't stop, won't stop. Take that, take that.

*does the Diddy dance*

thatnicca16
December 8th, 2006, 23:17
What bios do I need? Where do I put it when I get. Please help me...the sound of full speed is making me drool

hack.fool
December 8th, 2006, 23:55
@thatnicca:
put it in the roms folder, the bios is 128 kb, zip it and rename to neogeo :D

from a google transation seem this version sacrifice little speed to prevent sound noise..I think every thing run sooo gooood
give new life to my old rom section :D
thank you Nj

thatnicca16
December 9th, 2006, 00:20
@hackfool....I wanna kiss you right now

shedeus
December 9th, 2006, 00:25
hmmm... x-men vs SF doesn't work.

emu tells me not to bother trying... LOL

iancloud2001
December 9th, 2006, 00:27
Ok, Garou MOTW now has a glitchy line at the top along with some messed up sprites during matches, but I do NOT care beause it is FULL SPEED with FULL SOUND! I am too happy right now. This is one of THE days i've been waiting for ever since I bought my PSP at launch! Who else agrees with me? Three cheers for NJ!

tunglashor
December 9th, 2006, 00:45
shedeus... wrong emulator! anyway I think you need the rom named xmvsf and also the one named xmvsfr1
(that gives you two entries for x-men vs SF - you can get rid of the invalid one by moving the contents of xmvsf.zip into xmvsfr1.zip and deleting xmvsf.zip. think I got that the right way round! If you do that then make sure you rename the cache from xmvsf_cache to xmvsfr1_cache)

homemade
December 9th, 2006, 00:50
Ok, Garou MOTW now has a glitchy line at the top along with some messed up sprites during matches, but I do NOT care beause it is FULL SPEED with FULL SOUND! I am too happy right now. This is one of THE days i've been waiting for ever since I bought my PSP at launch! Who else agrees with me? Three cheers for NJ!

The user mode version dont have the glitchy line or messed up sprites and its pretty much the same speed as the kernel mode version.

iancloud2001
December 9th, 2006, 01:09
Wow, user mode is close to full speed? Maybe i'll get a new (mine is a jacked up 1.50) 2.71 and use that instead, thanks.

delt31
December 9th, 2006, 01:28
yeah i have the same glitchy line - wasn't it full speed with the 1.33 mode??? why upgrade?

fucht017
December 9th, 2006, 01:53
I used the JAPAN MVS(Ver. 3) bios..And everything works fine...I had hoped NJ would put in the COMMAND.DAT(moves list).But then again you can not have everything;)

In terry Bogard stage(Garou) the bridge section is a bit jerky.

Sulfer
December 9th, 2006, 02:03
i get
ERROR: CRC32 not correct. "sfix.sfx"
it loads everything else

n/m i got it working. just downloaded a different bios.
so far i got a working version of metal slugs 2.

delt31
December 9th, 2006, 02:09
fucht017 - so if i user the japan mvs bios it's all good (metal slug and kof)?

fucht017
December 9th, 2006, 02:43
I've got Japan mvs bios v1,2 and 3..Only ver3 works good..ie no weird lines on screen.;)

pkmaximum
December 9th, 2006, 02:56
OMG This emulator kicks ass. Every game I tried including SVC Chaos runs like full speed. No I changed my mind, it is "FULL SPEED" with sound on every game. This really makes me happy. Man if only there were ad hoc then my PSP would become ultimate !!!

darthhaze420
December 9th, 2006, 03:10
thanks for all the hard work NJ this is one of the best emulators out

mameuser
December 9th, 2006, 03:20
Nice , i think he is now working CPS2PSP and hope he/she change the CPS2 cache system to a single file like what he/she did on MVS.

kiariki
December 9th, 2006, 03:22
ZOMG!!! IT HAS SOUND!!!

I spent around an hour getting my @$$ beat in Samurai Shodown. :D Reminds of my earlier days... Except I got one fight further in! :D And in something other than Mortal Kombat! :D

But no other game I've tried has worked (except Overtop and Crossed Swords! The latter which is uber awesome!)

delt31
December 9th, 2006, 03:44
so you guys don't have any problems with this version?

pkmaximum
December 9th, 2006, 03:45
None what so ever =P

delt31
December 9th, 2006, 03:58
did you reconvert your roms with the new cache?

12loogies
December 9th, 2006, 05:03
question, does anyone know how to set the roms for gore? i have no blood on the slugs!
thanks for your time

delt31
December 9th, 2006, 05:32
press select L and R - then change the settings

now for someone who has no issues with 1.5 (no lines on the top) - what are you doing? recache doesn't work, i tried the jap bios 3 which didn't work....i went back to 1.33 since it works fine

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 9th, 2006, 08:16
did you reconvert your roms with the new cache?

TBH the only thing i did was delete the old eboot and all my old converted games work sweet NO ISSUSEs what so ever.

Barts_706
December 9th, 2006, 09:14
Hey there,

I just tried this version and I can't create cache with romcnv_mvs.exe.

I tried converting Ninja Masters and Garou and in both cases I get the following error :

-------------------------------------------
ROM converter for NEOGEO Emulator ver.6
-------------------------------------------

Please select ROM file.
path: D:\temp\converter
filename: ninjamas.zip
Checking ROM file... (ninjamas)
Could not open file. (GFX3)
ERROR: Could not load sprite rom (c rom).
Press any key to exit.

Any idea as to what I do wrong?

tunglashor
December 9th, 2006, 10:05
Sounds like you're using an incompatible ROM, you have to use the MAME version with this emu

grit
December 9th, 2006, 12:49
There is a new 1.5 version with graphic glitchs corrected:

12/95: 2nd file replacement was done in 30AM. Download before that
When it is done, please do again to download.
Furthermore, those which are reprinted to the home page of the foreign country perhaps are not up-to-date ones
Because, please utilize those which are downloaded from this page.
(The graphics of mslug3 and garou is the correction being completed.)
So re-download from his site. :)

Eternal-Blue
December 9th, 2006, 13:00
Is there an list what games needs to be converted and what games have sound?

Baboon
December 9th, 2006, 13:09
There is a new 1.5 version with graphic glitchs corrected:

So re-download from his site. :)

Yep that new one on his site now runs all the games perfecto, with no graphic glitches! :D ...maybe the Ultimate Eggman could be so kind as to edit the first post of this thread to include the latest 1.5 update? ...keeping up with NJ's progress can be a mare! lol

Is there an list what games needs to be converted and what games have sound?

All games need to be converted, all games have sound. :thumbup:

For a complete list of running games on this emu check this site: http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=869

Ennohex
December 9th, 2006, 14:22
This is the best hombrew app ever. It's the reason I got a PSP.

Now I wonder if it can be done for PS2?

Waqs
December 9th, 2006, 15:04
im getting issues with loading states in metal slug 3... save state is fine, however when I load state the psp turns off....

is anyone else getting this problem?

Panini
December 9th, 2006, 15:52
What are the files you can delete from the Neo Geo roms once youve cached them? ...can this even be done (like what you can do on the CPS games)?

The bigger games are quite large so to reduce them some how in size would be great seeing as i have a small mem card.

Chuthbert
December 9th, 2006, 16:19
I've added this and ver 1.42 to the homebrew database along with a screenshot I took in KOF2003 (showing my best team :p):
http://psp-homebrew.eu/version.php?id=1607

Note: "Mysterious Bob" is my usual username, "Chuthbert" is my old one but I can't change it here.

Nocuddle
December 9th, 2006, 16:34
What are the files you can delete from the Neo Geo roms once youve cached them? ...can this even be done (like what you can do on the CPS games)?

The bigger games are quite large so to reduce them some how in size would be great seeing as i have a small mem card.

Easy. when u "cache' it, you can see the list of what roms has been converted. delete as per those except the one unannounced.

the stutter of the music actually killing me in this 1.50.

Chuthbert
December 9th, 2006, 16:43
the stutter of the music actually killing me in this 1.50.
Heh, I haven't had any problems with the sound whatsoever. What game are you trying?

homemade
December 9th, 2006, 17:14
im getting issues with loading states in metal slug 3... save state is fine, however when I load state the psp turns off....

is anyone else getting this problem?

Yea dude i got the same prob jus get the newest version.

fucht017
December 9th, 2006, 17:24
I know this is nitpicking,but still in round 3 in Andy's Bogard stage(Garou),the bridge in the backround moves jerky.Like i said it's no terrible thing,but beceause NJ emu's are so great you want it to be almost perfect..;)

Waqs
December 9th, 2006, 17:34
Yea dude i got the same prob jus get the newest version.

yeah that fixed it :)

Nocuddle
December 9th, 2006, 17:52
Heh, I haven't had any problems with the sound whatsoever. What game are you trying?

Metal Slug 3 worst when there are too many sprites going on at the same time.

iancloud2001
December 9th, 2006, 18:42
I wonder if there will ever be a way to decrypt the cache files. Almost none of the Neo Geo games use the full space of a rom cart (90mb for Garou is actually like 40-50mb for example). So, decrypting the cache files should make them much smaller, right? Any suggestions?

jeffred
December 9th, 2006, 20:05
1.51 is now on NJs site :)

iancloud2001
December 9th, 2006, 20:35
YES! Garou MotW is now perfect! No glitches so far in all of the games i've tested. The games all run as fast an smooth as on my PC now!

knownX
December 9th, 2006, 22:56
get a better bios

Understandable
December 9th, 2006, 22:56
I love the KOF 95-2003 games but i want peoples opinon which is the best KOF game to have on this emu?

grit
December 9th, 2006, 22:58
1.51 is now on NJs site :)
Removed to solve a problem...

But CPS2PSP is upated!

Understandable
December 9th, 2006, 22:59
can some1 tell me how save states work

pkmaximum
December 9th, 2006, 23:02
Does anybody know the chanelog on Version 1.51 for CPS2 and NEO GEO?

Veskgar
December 9th, 2006, 23:30
Removed to solve a problem...

But CPS2PSP is upated!

WOW! NJ is really not screwing around. NJ is such an obsessive compulsive perfectionist and I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks NJ!

pkmaximum
December 9th, 2006, 23:34
WOW! NJ is really not screwing around. NJ is such an obsessive compulsive perfectionist and I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks NJ!

Wow that sounded mean in a nice way =P

But ya I agree, NJ is TEH SECKS!!

fucht017
December 10th, 2006, 02:36
Streetfighter zero 3 is a bit jerky now, when i used ver 1.51:(