PDA

View Full Version : Devhook 51 NON FLASH VERSION

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 8th, 2006, 18:08
Here is update to boosters devhook from what i can find out all features as per previous release but aparently without the need of having to write files to flash..As well as several bug fixes:thumbup:

Istallation of files is done in the usuall way

As always DCEMU is only interested in the firmware emulation side of things...

Enjoy

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

-=me=-
December 8th, 2006, 21:21
safer homebrew programs are always a good thing

F9zDark
December 8th, 2006, 21:29
This appears after I installed the flash version *sigh*. Have any of the bugs been fixed? (WLAN problem in XMB, Random freezing after exiting/restarting a game, etc)

StealthCP
har... :D

Project.funky
so if it doesn't need to flash....can it be used on 2.8 using eloader of xloader?

jerrt
December 8th, 2006, 21:35
i was confused as to whether all the other versions did this or not. I don't want to flash the firmware, so this is a welcome gift. thanks booster.

Equin0x
December 8th, 2006, 22:10
I am currently using 0.51 without flashing anything, running 3.02 just fine, and running everything just fine, what has been changed in this version that makes it any different?

kalhalla
December 8th, 2006, 22:12
I am currently using 0.51 without flashing anything, running 3.02 just fine, and running everything just fine, what has been changed in this version that makes it any different?

Agreed!

F9zDark
December 8th, 2006, 22:14
I was gonna quote the readme, but it isn't in english... Sorry guys.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
December 8th, 2006, 22:16
nice ans safe :)

Auriman1
December 8th, 2006, 22:23
I guess I'll try this out now. Not having to write to flash is always a good thing :)

Edit: had some problems. gonna re-install my SE-C

shadowhawk22
December 8th, 2006, 22:25
so this has been tested, and works to emulate all firmwares up to 3.02? I sorta got the feeling this was still a "beta" like program- am I mistaken? Is this fully working?

Thanks!

F9zDark
December 8th, 2006, 22:37
so this has been tested, and works to emulate all firmwares up to 3.02? I sorta got the feeling this was still a "beta" like program- am I mistaken? Is this fully working?

Thanks!

I got 2.81 (or is it 2.82... Can't ever keep track of these damn things) working fine. It does have a problem setting up a WLAN connection in the XMB (doesn't accept my WEP key...) And sometimes my PSP crashes after exiting/restarting a game. So... Other than that 2.8x works fine for me.

Basil Zero
December 8th, 2006, 22:53
hope this is the real deal.....

Equin0x
December 8th, 2006, 23:00
It does have a problem setting up a WLAN connection in the XMB (doesn't accept my WEP key...)

It wouldnt let me use a WEP key either at first, but when I specified an IP address, on my PSP, it worked.

Cloudhunter
December 8th, 2006, 23:06
What it means is that it is no longer unsafe to use without flashing. There is no big deal to flashing anyway as it is only flash1, and the worst that can happen is that you get the blue corrupted settings screen.

Cloudy

Sterist
December 8th, 2006, 23:17
i think ill keep the flash version. psp can load from nand faster than duo's.

plus its an extra 2kb for my 2gig stick lol

VampDude
December 8th, 2006, 23:36
the flash version is ok, im using a flashed DH 0.51 on my psp

Flatlander
December 8th, 2006, 23:43
SO theres no way as of right now to get the network working in this? It doesn't even work for me in 2.82.. i just wanna play socom2!!

darthhaze420
December 9th, 2006, 01:49
i have the flash version of 0.51 is it worth me unflashing it and useing this version and if so how would i unflash it

VampDude
December 9th, 2006, 02:36
i have the flash version of 0.51 is it worth me unflashing it and useing this version and if so how would i unflash it

NO!

mnuhaily22
December 9th, 2006, 04:54
Awesome, I'm a wimp when it comes to writing to the flash, so this is awesome.

nal
December 9th, 2006, 06:35
For everyone's wlan woes. I was having the same problem and on a hunch set my clock speed back to default. And low and behold it works perfect. I have had no problems at all with wlan after that. So you may want to try that :)

porchemasi
December 9th, 2006, 07:35
Certain feature wont work for me which is "forbidden" u know wat uim talkin about 2.82 emu supports but not 3.01+ .... whY? did i install 3.0 wrong... it boots the *forbidden part* then it shuts off the psp ..

casparcas
December 9th, 2006, 08:57
does this work for 2.8 since this is not writing to flash0?

Ichijoe
December 9th, 2006, 12:20
WTF is the difference between if I choose to flash, Flash1 or not to choose to flash, Flash1?

This is pretty stupid to if you asked me, 'couse the original 0.50 and .051 already allowed the use of non-flashed1.

The big Secret to running Devhook is to make sure to use the correct PSAR Dumper (One that can actually decrypt the Reboot.bin File),.

If I have ever had a problem getting Devhook to run, (e.g. Black Screen, and shutdowns. It was always 'cause I failed properly extract the Reboot.bin File, though a known working PSAR Extractor),.

And then to replace both the:

system.dreg, and system.ireg from either Flash1 w/File Assistant (from Flash1), or just use the ones' from Devhook 0.46 (ms0:\dh\xxx\f1\registry),.

That's what worked for me.
So given that that's all this version of Devhook pretty much does the same thing.
I don't see much point in using it.

But again WTF is the difference between choosing whether or not to flash Flash1?

Besides risking forking it up and Bricking the PSP™, that is?!?!?

CHAARL
December 9th, 2006, 13:27
But can't there just be a ready to use version with the 3.02 dump and everything done already ?

mog
December 9th, 2006, 13:34
Ive just got one question - Does it work on fw1.00 yet?...and if not when?

Hmm, ok that was 2 questions...
I'm guessing the answers are probably:
1. No
2. Never, unless you go learn how to make it do so yourself. (not likely)

Oh well... :p

PSPKOR
December 9th, 2006, 13:40
Cauld you not just upgrade to V1.5, then run DevHook. That way it would work forshore.

dejkirkby
December 9th, 2006, 14:30
Certain feature wont work for me which is "forbidden" u know wat uim talkin about 2.82 emu supports but not 3.01+ .... whY? did i install 3.0 wrong... it boots the *forbidden part* then it shuts off the psp ..

Then don't do "forbidden" things then.

spudhead2121
December 9th, 2006, 14:32
me and casparcas would like to know dose this run on top of 2.80

If so can we emulate 1.5

Thanks

Veskgar
December 9th, 2006, 15:08
I don't think that is necessary. I am using the flash version of 0.51 with 3.01 firmware and everything seems great.

I just want a damn button swap MOD. And maybe WiFi to work at 266 MHz.

me and casparcas would like to know dose this run on top of 2.80

If so can we emulate 1.5

Thanks

No, this can only be run on true 1.50 firmware or 2.71 SE firmware.

Manzk
December 9th, 2006, 21:26
Ok, this is going to sound a bit n00bish and dumb but, how would i go about putting this on my 1.5 psp which already has version 0.46, i've looked through the read me/instructions and most of it is in japanese i think :confused:

SoQb0nc5r
December 9th, 2006, 22:02
I did everything but I always get a black screen when I select firmware and start devhook :(

gr42178
December 9th, 2006, 22:58
But can't there just be a ready to use version with the 3.02 dump and everything done already ? You cant do this for 2 reasons. 1. There is a signature check and you can only use the dumped firmware on the PSP it was dumped from. 2. Its illegal to distribute these files and we dont do anything ilegal now do we? ;o)

Cloudhunter
December 9th, 2006, 23:46
Even if you have the so called flash version I reccomend using this version. You don't have to unflash. There is no risk to flashing, there was more risk NOT flashing last version as there was a bug that caused memory stick corruption. This bug is now fixed, hence why it doesn't need it flashing for safety anymore.

Cloudy

fated.existence
December 10th, 2006, 19:33
I did everything but I always get a black screen when I select firmware and start devhook :(

I'm getting the same problem, my psp just crashes out on me. Theres no harm done, I just want to play gtavcs without mloosing homebrew.

yugifan156
December 14th, 2006, 18:35
I have a question I have a custom firmware

And I set it up if you hold the L trigger it'll load Devhook (upon start up)

But it doesnt seem to work with this version any ideas?

Futaba
December 14th, 2006, 20:53
Peaple plz help! I have a devhook 0.51 and devhook 0.51 NonFlash, but don't have a readme for nonflash ver, can you post here readme for that plz?

Omakayd
December 17th, 2006, 18:35
wtf? i dont understand devhook at all. the readme is crap and its just a bunch of #@!%$#@^%$#????

all i want to do is play some backed up games but i cant get the umdemu to work with devhook. i start umdemu and load devhook and it just ?freezes? i probly installed dh wrong but i dont know cuz the readme is dumb.

any help?

thanks

kiariki
December 19th, 2006, 22:49
I'd like one thing:

Can someone clue me in on what is this UMD loader thing? I know it must be to play UMDs (a retard could come up with that conclusion!) but... is this for 1.50? I'm really confused... I reread all the posts... And I still don't get what this UMD loader is good for... And... What exactly are the problems? Do you think I could run, say, Metal Gear Ac!d 2... ???

merose789
December 20th, 2006, 15:33
hi were do i find that software 1.5

kiariki
December 20th, 2006, 17:45
hi were do i find that software 1.5

Firmware 1.5. Your PSP's version is also the firmware.

adoan
December 23rd, 2006, 15:11
I know this is the non flash version, but i was just wondering why there is flash access in the eboot. Thanks

scottyboynow
December 23rd, 2006, 19:31
Would'nt 2.80 work if it's non flash and with the new kernal exploit by c+d

FLPnJC
December 26th, 2006, 10:27
uhh. . .im a bit new to this stuff and i got some questions. . .

so is this the only file i need or do i need another file to get this thing work?
im currently running 3.02FW.
is there an english version of the readme texts?

luxoflux
January 15th, 2007, 17:49
I was so clueless when I tried my first attempt at psp homebrew that I didnt even know devhook used wrote to flash. Noobish me, anyway its nice to see this become even safer.