PDA

View Full Version : Wii "hack"

SSaxdude
December 8th, 2006, 23:47
My friend (who owns a Wii) said he replaced his sensor bar with two candles and it works. He even said it works better than the sensor bar.

KCBlack
December 9th, 2006, 00:23
My friend (who owns a Wii) said he replaced his sensor bar with two candles and it works. He even said it works better than the sensor bar.

Old news. And if you're asking if it's true, the answer is yes. It's not a hack; just a way to mimic the sensor bar's action without the sensor bar. You can do it with other things besides candles too. ;)

joshisposer
December 9th, 2006, 04:43
wat? i don't get it, what do you do? that is wierd

Junixx
December 9th, 2006, 21:24
Just set up two candles beside each other, about a foot or two apart right? the candles emit the same type of...umm...what the word....IR wavelengths? and now im going to stop because im going to get where i have no clue what im talking about :rolleyes:

billytopley
December 9th, 2006, 21:30
The sensor bar is actually 8 or so infra-red LEDs. There is no actual 'sensor'. the wii remote senses the position of the bar, and makes movement acordingly. you could also use two TV remote controls with a button held down. if you took a picture of the bar, you might also see the infra-red light being emitted.

8 bit wonder
January 12th, 2007, 19:58
This is quite old, I've been using this theory to make a wireless sensor bar, and its almost finished, I'll get pics up when I do finish it ^_^