PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops US Version Released

wraggster
December 9th, 2006, 12:11
A new AAA game released for the PSP, heres the release details:

http://image4.play-asia.com/170/PA.79829.001.jpg

features
Extensive single-player storyline, unveiling a lost chapter in the Metal Gear Solid saga
New MGS gameplay elements such as the "Surround Radar" system
Online multiplayer mayhem —Team Death Match, Death Match, and Capture Mission
Acquire new squad members for use in single and multiplayer modes by connecting to Wi-Fi access points
Animated cinematic scenes illustrated by world-renown artist Ashley Wood
Full voiceovers for cinematics, performed by returning cast from MGS3: Snake Eater

description
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is an all-new action game in Hideo Kojima's legendary Metal Gear Solid series. With an original storyline that follows the events of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and innovative online gameplay modes that encourage players to fight alongside newly recruited comrades, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops offers a stealth action experience like none other.

http://image1.play-asia.com/640/PA.79829.002.jpg

Buy Here --> http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-b9-49-en-84-j-70-1plh.html

jimmi
December 9th, 2006, 12:43
I bought this , its really good. seriously although its no snake eater its definately worth a look. scenery is a bit bland but with such a big game on such a small console you cant really help it can u? o well its good. later

rock kills
December 9th, 2006, 12:46
:confused: :confused: hm i want this but i didnt like snake eater ??

PSPKOR
December 9th, 2006, 12:53
When does this come out in the UK, because I've looked around a couple of sites and theres no fixed date, hell play.com think its coming out next december.

S34MU5
December 9th, 2006, 12:59
Okay.... [rock kills ;S)

Im gona down.....

Buy this game!

VampDude
December 9th, 2006, 13:10
When does this come out in the UK, because I've looked around a couple of sites and theres no fixed date, hell play.com think its coming out next december.

it's out already, cause I've already ordered it online (ebay) and I'll have it by monday (hopefully) :)

S34MU5
December 9th, 2006, 13:21
Its not out in UK yet.
the one you got of ebay prob isnt the UK one.

VampDude
December 9th, 2006, 13:31
it's a good thing the PSP is'nt region protected, means I can get my games a lot earlier! :D

PSPKOR
December 9th, 2006, 13:34
So any ideas when it is out in the UK or am I going to have to import it. Here (http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/RCS/5-/ComingSoon.html?ob=date&cpage=5) is a link to the release of MGS:PO at play.com, hmm. Also play.com are saying the warriors for PSP is out next week, which is wrong too, I think.

StealthCP
December 9th, 2006, 13:42
it's a good thing the PSP is'nt region protected, means I can get my games a lot earlier! :D
Yes it is... you can't watch UK movies on my American PSP! :o

Who gives a shit? I'm buying this game right now :D

Gizmo356
December 9th, 2006, 14:57
Okay.... [rock kills ;S)

Im gona down.....

Buy this game!

omg lol anyway this game sounds great!:thumbup:

Gray Fox
December 9th, 2006, 14:59
This game seriousely rocked :) I got a little bit dissapointed though since it looked VERY much the same as snake eater, looks more like they have ported snake eater to the psp, only that the story and textures have been changed

dejkirkby
December 9th, 2006, 14:59
The Uk version is out Q1 2007. In other words between Jan and Mar.

Mew
December 9th, 2006, 15:15
Is this official?!

dejkirkby
December 9th, 2006, 15:19
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/data/932978.html
I don't know if it's official, but it has changed. Earlier this week it said 21st July 07.

labowl
December 9th, 2006, 15:28
How do you get online on this.

dejkirkby
December 9th, 2006, 15:31
If you are using DevHook 0.51 I think there are WLAN problems with the beta.

PSPKOR
December 9th, 2006, 15:40

Cheers, may have to import it then.

kalhalla
December 9th, 2006, 15:44
If you are using DevHook 0.51 I think there are WLAN problems with the beta.

Yeah, but you can use DH0.46 with a 2.71/3.00 Hybrid MOD (it's NOT the 3.00/2.71 VSH Mod though). I'll get you a link if you want it.

PO rocks though! I wish the level of difficulty was a bit higher though, seems like I can just run through the levels with no fear of being killed. XD

dejkirkby
December 9th, 2006, 15:56
Yeah, but you can use DH0.46 with a 2.71/3.00 Hybrid MOD (it's NOT the 3.00/2.71 VSH Mod though). I'll get you a link if you want it.

PO rocks though! I wish the level of difficulty was a bit higher though, seems like I can just run through the levels with no fear of being killed. XD

Already running it alongside DevHook 0.51. There are some same game issues with the new DevHook, so I haven't got rid of DH Hybrid.

VampDude
December 9th, 2006, 18:48
So any ideas when it is out in the UK or am I going to have to import it. Here (http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/RCS/5-/ComingSoon.html?ob=date&cpage=5) is a link to the release of MGS:PO at play.com, hmm. Also play.com are saying the warriors for PSP is out next week, which is wrong too, I think.

go ahead and import like me, you won't be disappointed...
...cause from what im told this is by far the "BEST" Metal Gear on the PSP and far better than the Metal Gear Acid series! :D

F9zDark
December 9th, 2006, 21:03
go ahead and import like me, you won't be disappointed...
...cause from what im told this is by far the "BEST" Metal Gear on the PSP and far better than the Metal Gear Acid series! :D

Sure is; I enjoyed MGA for a brief while, but I have only be able to put MGS:PO down because of friends, family and work. Its that much fun. For me, its the best PSP title to date (I haven't played many of them...).

Veskgar
December 9th, 2006, 23:25
I don't think it needs to be said but everyone with a PSP...... MUST GET THIS GAME!

Sure it looks similar to Snake Eater. But the game was built from the ground up specifically for the PSP and takes full advantage of the PSP's potential. The engine used in Snake Eater was used or adapted for this game. But this game is original and the BEST LOOKING PSP game so far. Controls are really good also which is what could have killed it. But controls are really good. Replay value is great as you have to play through the game before unlocking online modes.

Kojima & company have pulled off an astounding achievement with this game.

Lodis
December 10th, 2006, 01:17

Have you cnaged the difficulty level from normal to hard?

VampDude
December 10th, 2006, 01:27
Sure is; I enjoyed MGA for a brief while, but I have only be able to put MGS:PO down because of friends, family and work. Its that much fun. For me, its the best PSP title to date (I haven't played many of them...).

I did'nt like MetalGearAcid, I had the privelege to play a preowned version in the shop before telling the guy I did'nt like it cause it was a card game and not like MetalGearSolid. the PSP has quite a few good titles, you should play more! :D