PDA

View Full Version : FlashbackDS v0.23

Sektor
December 9th, 2006, 12:52
REminiscence is a rewrite of the engine used in the game Flashback from Delphine Software.
REminiscence was coded by Gregory Montoir.
This Nintendo DS port was coded by Sektor and uses code from GPF's REminiscence DS port.

v0.23

Added a version with GBA_NDS_FAT from picodriveDS 0.1.6. Use this on MMD, EZ4 and SC miniSD. Untested.
Support for Italian language files.
Updated libcartreset to 0.72 (fixes return to menu on SC Lite). Return to menu only works on libfat version.
Level select. You can now scroll through level codes on the password screen. Up/down for skill, left/right for level.

Todo:

Improve sound and music playback quality
Speed up cut scenes and fix cut scene glitches
Make fonts easier to read (scaling issue)
Sleep when lid is closed
Add cheats

You will need the data files from the PC DOS version of the game. Copy the Flashback files to X:\data\flashback\data\ , replace X: with the drive letter of your DS media device.

To hear music, you need the mod.* files from the Amiga version. They should be named like mod.flashback-introb , without a .mod extension.

It should work on M3CF (tested), GBAMP and Supercard. Backup anything important before using any homebrew that writes to your media device. I haven't had any file corruption but I haven't tested every device and backups are always a good idea.

DS controls:
----------------------------------------------
d-pad move Conrad
A draw/holster gun
B talk / use / run / shoot
X use the current inventory object
Y display the inventory / skip movies
L display the options
R toggles fast mode
High automatic jump, run then release direction arrow

- Sektor
- www.GTAMP.com/DS

buothz
December 9th, 2006, 15:02
thanks a lot for Italian version!!!
today I try this version on my supercard miniSD and I write to u all the problems... I have try faster (now i go out from my home ;)) and "flashbackDS.GBA_NDS_FAT.ds.nds" goes ok, but save state don't run! when i save I see debug in the low screen: "savving" but DS crash :(
(sorry 4 my bad english)

I must try Italian Flashback, when I try i write it.. but the big problem is that all save mode crashing nintendo ds :(

thanks for all your work...

dejkirkby
December 9th, 2006, 15:04
I used to love that game! Happy Days.

boro
December 10th, 2006, 13:14
"To hear music, you need the mod.* files from the Amiga version. They should be named like mod.flashback-introb , without a .mod extension." ok I have .adf image of amiga version but how extract .mod files ?

Heeeeeeelp ;P (EBA)

Sektor
December 11th, 2006, 15:32
The music is easy to find (http://www.google.com/search?q=flashback Raphael Gesqua)

buothz
December 12th, 2006, 04:08
i have put amiga mod in my site
http://buothz.altervista.org/buothzds/buothzds.html

4 Sektor: I have try to play the game, the second level, when train come, game go slow :( but no problem, problem is that when i go to passworld menù and I select password game start always from first level and not in the select level :(
Sorry my eng ;)

p.s. news about save on Supercard MiniSD?

Sektor
January 6th, 2007, 13:17
Saving should work fine on SC microSD and it works on M3CF.

Someone else will have to fix saving on SC miniSD. I don't have one. I will added DLDI support soon. That means, if someone writes a SC miniSD driver, it can be added just by running the DLDI patcher.

On the password screen, you select the code for the level you want and then push A or Start to play that level. Don't push B, select or Y, that just goes back to the menu.

Pushing R (right shoulder button) turns fast mode on or off. It's faster when "fast mode" is on but it's not a steady frame rate.

PeteGunter
January 25th, 2007, 10:40
Just bought myself a R4 DS, so I'm really looking forward to your version with the DLDI support.

Sektor
January 30th, 2007, 01:08
I noticed pocketgamer.co.uk (http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/DS/DS+Homebrew/feature.asp?c=2167) linked to my FlashbackDS site.

They also included a link to a DLDI version that someone else compiled: flashbackds-DLDI.zip (http://home.aanet.com.au/scrawl/downloads/ds/flashbackDS/flashbackds-DLDI.zip)