PDA

View Full Version : Girls Want Free Stuff with their Games

wraggster
December 9th, 2006, 13:51
Via IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/749/749988p1.html)

A recent survey titled "Customer Focus Tech Savvy" reveals the determining factors in where some elusive demographics choose to buy videogames. The demographics in question are Generation Y females, parents, and "adults." The survey considers you part of Generation Y if you were born between 1977 and 1994.

Possibly because it would have been an overwhelming reason for each demographic, price was excluded as a determining factor. Generation Y females listed "special offers like free items or discounts" as the most important factor in determining where to make videogame purchases. Parents said they choose the store that has the newest games in stock. And "total adults" split on stores that had the best selection and the newest games.

Ranking low on each demographic's list were the factors "helpful and knowledgeable sales staff" and "in-store demonstration kiosks." Anyone who has sought buying advice from the helpful and knowledgeable sales staff at Best Buy or tried out a game kiosk where the controller was broken in half and the screen was frozen can probably relate.

Data for the survey was collected during August and September 2006 from 3,000 adults surveyed online and via telephone.

Kramer
December 9th, 2006, 14:19
Pfft girls always want free stuff.

kiariki
December 9th, 2006, 15:11

HEY! YOU CALLING ME A GIRL?! :P

I like free stuff too...

And cool! I'm part of Generation Y! Y? I don't know Y! :D

Kramer
December 9th, 2006, 15:47
Yeah I like free stuff too but I dont walk around with my penis hanging out and flaunting my body to get free stuff, well not yet anyway.

Basil Zero
December 9th, 2006, 18:14
i like free stuff....heck most.....well lets put it that way

pfft.....i thought girls were interested in Ipods and Laptops....recent survey saids so lol

JKKDARK
December 9th, 2006, 18:17

then give me your free stuff

VampDude
December 9th, 2006, 20:44
I get plenty of FREE stuff, and it's my girlfriend who get's it for me! lmao

Junixx
December 10th, 2006, 23:54
Hah I think anyone would want free stuff with thier games

Shinebi
December 14th, 2006, 14:52
Hmmm, so all of the sales staff were absolute morons?

I've worked in an import shop for over 5 years, trust me, people really appreciate your advice about that. But, then again, these aren't your standard idiot parent-like customers that just buy a game 'cause their kids told 'em so.

And free stuff is always welcome, as long as it's a game-related bonus, like a gadget to personalise your memcard or similar.