PDA

View Full Version : OT - Nintendo Wii Review

wraggster
December 9th, 2006, 19:10
The console of the year has just been released, Nintendos Wii Console is such a major step for gameplaying, anyway check out my review of the Wii over at Wii-News here --> http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/nintendo-wii-review-by-wraggster-45507.html

VampDude
December 9th, 2006, 19:55
Wii is cool, im getting one as soon as I can lay my hands on one (I have'nt been out since thursday)

Amiga
December 9th, 2006, 21:06
me thinks im not gonna bloody buy one for 400 and odd quid!!!

im not in that much of a hurry to have one.

sinjinn
December 9th, 2006, 21:44
i got one by waiting at asda for 5 hours with 9 other people incudin 2 of my mates.
i got to admit its a totally different experience playing it. and the thing that really pleases me is that u get an actual physical workout while playing it . im sure wraggster has noticed this.
my nephews werte exhausted after playing wii boxing , the smallest one fell on the floor becos he was so tired. kudos to nintendo, they r definately doing soemthing taht has changed the way we play games.
the only slight complaint i have is that in wii sorts u can soem times not even try to throw a baseball and itt'll go anyway, but tahts just a freebie so its not so bad.
anyway, after all that i sold it on ebay anyway. :)

jeffred
December 9th, 2006, 22:05
I would like to own one. Shame they have all been bought by mostly non game playing morons who want to make a quick buck...........#@*&kers

pspwog
December 9th, 2006, 22:42
diz is gangzter remote itll be da best if da remote is on the ps3 datll be fully hectic dogg

the_eternal_dark
December 9th, 2006, 23:37
diz is gangzter remote itll be da best if da remote is on the ps3 datll be fully hectic dogg

Quoting Chris Tucker, "What the hell did you just say?"

I love the Wii. Mario 64, Call of Duty 3, Red Steel, Legend of Zelda, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Sonic the Hedgehog, and on and on. Nintendo got their stuff right with this.

I can't wait for more games to come.

Makaveli777
December 10th, 2006, 01:12
I'll get one after ps3

DKing
December 10th, 2006, 18:02
Don't forget to visit http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/ for important safety demonstrations.

MaxSMoke
December 11th, 2006, 08:29
I sat in line for 12 hours for the Wii, got it home, played on it for a few dozen hours. Played Zelda, Wii Sports, Call of Duty, and Rayman....

And Hated it. :p

Is this suppose to be fun? Swing one's arms around wildly just to cast a fishing line or throw a cow? I didn't care for it. It's just alot of busy work and gimmicks to make you do the same things a good set of thumbs could do in 1/10 the time and hassle.

Playing Zelda, the best game of the lot, got to be a chore. The motion controller just isn't as reliable as a good old fashion button press.

Really, the controller is just a glorified lightgun with some wrist flipping thrown in for good measure. And even as a lightgun, it's not very accurate. Call of Duty was just IMPOSSIBLE! I cleaned up on the Xbox 360 version, but on the Wii it's painfully hard to move and nearly impossible to aim. Rayman's rabbit shootouts were the most interesting use of the controller as a lightgun, and even they were overly simplified to deal with the inaccurate Wii-Mote.

I don't see this being nearly as interesting to people a few months from now. By next year, people are going to be sick of the arm swinging, the jumping up and down, and the Wii will be yesterday's news.

The smart money is on a Xbox 360 right now. The games have come down in price, yet they look every bit as good as a PS3. The Xbox 360 gameplay quality is also very impressive. Better yet, unlike the other two consoles, you have a good chance of getting a 360. Wait 6 months on the Wii and I think you'll be finding ALOT of them on Ebay for a song. Much like the DDR Dance Pad, people just get sick of jumping around, and it's back to the traditional games and the good, old joypad.

Don't believe me? When's the last time you played with your Nintendo Power Glove? Know were your lightgun went? How much dust is on your DDR Pad? Each and everyone was REALLY fun when you bought them, but where are they now?

Kramer
December 11th, 2006, 08:41
Don't believe me? When's the last time you played with your Nintendo Power Glove? Know were your lightgun went? How much dust is on your DDR Pad? Each and everyone was REALLY fun when you bought them, but where are they now?

It's funny because all those thing's you mentioned are extras and the Wiimote is the actual control used for the Wii.

MaxSMoke
December 11th, 2006, 13:13
I give it 6 months before you quitely remove all references to the Wii from your Sig. :cool:

Kramer
December 11th, 2006, 13:21
I give it 6 months before you quitely remove all references to the Wii from your Sig. :cool:

lol I was actually going to change it soon.

Christuserloeser
December 12th, 2006, 15:45
I sat in line for 12 hours for the Wii, got it home, played on it for a few dozen hours. Played Zelda, Wii Sports, Call of Duty, and Rayman....

Is this suppose to be fun? Swing one's arms around wildly just to cast a fishing line or throw a cow? I didn't care for it. It's just alot of busy work and gimmicks to make you do the same things a good set of thumbs could do in 1/10 the time and hassle.

Playing Zelda, the best game of the lot, got to be a chore. The motion controller just isn't as reliable as a good old fashion button press.

Really, the controller is just a glorified lightgun with some wrist flipping thrown in for good measure. And even as a lightgun, it's not very accurate. Call of Duty was just IMPOSSIBLE! I cleaned up on the Xbox 360 version, but on the Wii it's painfully hard to move and nearly impossible to aim. Rayman's rabbit shootouts were the most interesting use of the controller as a lightgun, and even they were overly simplified to deal with the inaccurate Wii-Mote.

I don't see this being nearly as interesting to people a few months from now. By next year, people are going to be sick of the arm swinging, the jumping up and down, and the Wii will be yesterday's news.

The smart money is on a Xbox 360 right now. The games have come down in price, yet they look every bit as good as a PS3. The Xbox 360 gameplay quality is also very impressive. Better yet, unlike the other two consoles, you have a good chance of getting a 360. Wait 6 months on the Wii and I think you'll be finding ALOT of them on Ebay for a song. Much like the DDR Dance Pad, people just get sick of jumping around, and it's back to the traditional games and the good, old joypad.

You're getting paid for writing this bullshit, right ?

Is this suppose to be fun? Swing one's arms around wildly just to cast a fishing line or throw a cow?

If you would actually have played it, you would know that you do NOT have to "swing one's arms around wildly" to play Wii... :D