PDA

View Full Version : Screen\Video Capture Module v0.5

wraggster
December 10th, 2006, 01:13
News/release from AdePSP (http://www.cheatsync.net/SVCapture.html)

As promised here is the new version of the SVCapture module which is now fully working on Dark_AleX's Firmware 2.71 SE-C... The previous version did work to some extent but it prevented homebrew loading in the XMB and the SVCPlayer didn't work at all because of the new GAME150 folder...

The installer will setup and configure both DevHook 0.51 for Firmware 3.1/3.2 emulation and FW 2.71 SE-C depending on your setup... As before manual installation instructions are also provided...

I've also added 2 new config settings that allow you to specify where the screenshots and videos are saved on your memory stick... This even allows you to save directly to your PC if you have thrid party USB software enabled...

KNOWN ISSUES

1) The module may not work in games on 2.71 SE-C unless you enable "Plain modules in UMD/ISO" which you do in the following way,

- Startup your PSP (hold R) to enter Recovery Mode
- Go to Advanced ->
- Go to Advanced configuration ->
- Enable the first option (Plain modules in UMD/ISO)
- Go Back
- Go Back
- Exit

2) The module, if enabled in the XMB for DevHook 0.51 Beta when emulating firmware 3.01 will crash if you try to load a game or homebrew so this has been disabled by the installer and left out of the manual instructions. This means there is no emulated XMB capture on 3.01 (by default).

3) The module will be disabled when running Homebrew on 2.71 SE-C. This is to prevent crashing. You can still use DevHook to emulate 1.5 firmware which will allow you to capture screenshots and GIF videos of Homebrew apps.

CHANGE LOG

v0.5

- The Module and SVCPlayer are now compatible with Firmware 2.71 SE-C.

- The Module and SVCPlayer are now compatible with Firmware 3.1/3.2 emulated by DevHook 0.51 Beta.

- The locations the screenshot and video files are saved are now configurable in the capture.ini file. This means it is possible write directly to your PC if you have USB support enabled via other third party modules that are available.

- The SVCPlayer now also reads the capture.ini file to locate the videos.

NEW CONFIG SETTINGS

PhotoDir

This is the location on the PSP where the screenshot bitmaps will be saved. The default is ms0:/PSP/PHOTO
DO NOT USE flash0:/ OR flash1:/ AS THIS MAY "BRICK" YOUR PSP!!!

VideoDir

This is the location on the PSP where the GIF animations will be saved. The default is ms0:/PSP/PHOTO/SVCPlayer
DO NOT USE flash0:/ OR flash1:/ AS THIS MAY "BRICK" YOUR PSP!!!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DrNicket
December 10th, 2006, 01:55
Could this be turned into a reverse PiMPStreamer?

The above article plus THIS (http://www.pimpware.org/?p=54) got me thinking.

I'm thinking if this concept is taken further, we could stream the PSP video to the PC monitor or even a TV! No more need to film the screen or mod the PSP to play on a large screen.

Could this work?

Mr. Shizzy
December 10th, 2006, 17:27
AdePSP Thank You for this update ! :D When I first installed 2.71 SE-C I kept puting my fav mod (your capture mod, of course !) on the plug-ins first thing. Then I had that problem mentioned above, with my homebrew not working. I figured I used a faulty installer. So I kept downgrading and upgrading with different installers (even tried manual installs) LOL. LOL. Most people are scared to flash their PSP even once. I formatted my Flash about 6 times; all in the name of getting this awesome mod working. :) LOL. Anyway, after awhile, I figured out what the problem was, and only enabled Capture Mod when I planned on using it, then immediatley disabling it after I was done. Anyways, just thought I would share that funny story with you guys. And AdePSP - thanks again for all your hard work! :D

Gabba Gandalf
December 11th, 2006, 14:03
damn i only can record in the xmb not in games ???
in the recovery mode plugins there is only Capture.prx for vsh not for game

so can i fix the txt for the games and put it into it ???

Poor-Kingz
December 13th, 2006, 20:46
this is great for FTB2 clan wars! now clans wont run away without reporting their lose.

Mr. Shizzy
December 22nd, 2006, 10:06
UPDATE: This is working fine on my 3.02 OE (SVC Player working too) :D

Hungry Horace
January 5th, 2007, 16:18
doesnt work on 3.03 OE A however. Causes crashes when loadng programs.

Marusame
February 23rd, 2007, 03:30
Well, when i Press Select and R trigger(which activates it) it also starts playing my music and causes serious lag. My mp3 plugin is supposed to only use the Note button, its very weird. Maybe this update might fix it. Also it lowers my framerate to about 2FPS.(which i figured, but im not sure if this is completly normal fps for this app or not)

PS. im running Dark alex's godly fimware 3.10 OE-A`

Also my svc wasnt working until i moved it from my GAME150 to Game.

Also i know that this plugin uses the note button, but i changed em back to use the select button, even so, select L or R trigger still activates the music...odd.

AZ_Miss_Murder
April 10th, 2007, 06:44
i love you dude
works for 3.03 OE-C put it in the GAME303 folder and follow the instructions for that

Buddy4point0
April 10th, 2007, 09:48
... this is from last year. why did you revive the thread? what a waist of your first post

kog199
April 15th, 2007, 03:59
1 yr - 365 days.. no where close to a yr.... it started Dec 10th of 2006.... which is a few months away.... and he just wanted to say he loves it and just shows appreciation while u wasted ur post sayin that someone revived an old topic..... oh waah besides he said "Download and Give Feedback Via Comments" i haven't tried this yet..... i have 3.1 dunno if it'll work well... its something i may try when i need screenshots but for now im good and may i say that last post u made was retarded.... and waste of time reading and u didnt even spell waste right..... theres no ****ing i in waste.... and to think i was ignorant..... your even more ignorant than i am... and thats just pitiful

anyway this is used quite a bit and i see people use this all the time... looks like it works gr8 ill have to try it when i need to use it

zan_master
September 29th, 2008, 00:29
I will try this program