PDA

View Full Version : 3.02 DH Firmware Installer -Mod by BlackSkull

wraggster
December 10th, 2006, 01:23
Blackskull posted this news/release:

Hi there

I've just modified tommydanger's 3.01 DH Firmware Installer, to be able to prepare 3.02 totally functional to emulate via devhook 0.51.0100. (dh/302)

You've just to put the eboot.pbp of 3.02 update on root, execute the app, and press X

Enjoy!

Thanks plaDyuS and kakarott , for testing...

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via blackskull (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1231130&postcount=1)

VampDude
December 10th, 2006, 01:30
im gonna try this out on my Datel 4 GB HD, my usual way of copying files from folder to MemStick is easy but installers save me the bother! :D

VampDude
December 10th, 2006, 01:32
nup, my way (below) is still easier!

felonyr301
December 10th, 2006, 01:54
downloaded your devhook files and just wanna know this is the latest one right I have been away from the scene a bit so Im trying to get back on it.

VietPride
December 10th, 2006, 01:57
i dont understand.. im new at this website.. i have no idea how to install dev. hook or even get homebrew games but i know that i have 3.02 FW.. and thats pretty much... can anyone help me? im really desperate to play homebrew games

tunglashor
December 10th, 2006, 02:08
You won't be able to run any homebrew yet if you have 3.02. You'll have to wait until someone finds a way to launch homebrew or to downgrade to an older firmware.

VampDude
December 10th, 2006, 02:19
downloaded your devhook files and just wanna know this is the latest one right I have been away from the scene a bit so Im trying to get back on it.

yeah, DH 0.51 is the latest release. to use the 3.02 fw mod thingy find an official 3.02 eboot and place it in the root of the MemStick. then run the 3.01 DH FIRMWARE INSTALLER and watch it flash the MemoryStick for about 2 mins, then when thats done just run DevHook as normal (select UMD Disk on UMD SELECT) you should be running emulated firmware in no time

VietPride
December 10th, 2006, 02:20
then what is a emulater? can u plz explain it to me?

VampDude
December 10th, 2006, 02:21
i dont understand.. im new at this website.. i have no idea how to install dev. hook or even get homebrew games but i know that i have 3.02 FW.. and thats pretty much... can anyone help me? im really desperate to play homebrew games

how did you get to 3.02??? your doomed for the next few months, but dont worry as the newer firmwares eventually get some cool homebrew titles!

Veskgar
December 10th, 2006, 02:21
The newest DevHook release is 0.510100 now!

This looks similar to the very easy installer by TommyDanger from a few days back. Does this delete unneeded files after installation automatically? If not, which files can/should be deleted after 3.02 installation?

Welcome to DCEMU!!! But..... Oooh.. Ouch. I'm very sorry my friend but there is no homebrew possible on 3.02 PSP. When you see this stuff about DevHook w/3.02 firmware its actually a 1.50 or 2.71 SE PSP emulating 3.02 to play commercial games while keeping a LOWER firmware for homebrew.

VietPride
December 10th, 2006, 02:23
lol.. i just click on the update button in settings in my PSP and got the lasted version which is 3.02 lol

VietPride
December 10th, 2006, 02:24
uh.. i just click on the update button in the setting column and got 3.02 version which is the lateast

VampDude
December 10th, 2006, 02:26

an emulator is a program used within another program to play something else, a good example of an emulator is dgen which allows sega genesis (megadrive) games to be played on psp. the same with firmware emulators, DevHooh 0.51 allows 3.01 and 3.02 to be used on a 1.50 psp without upgrading

VampDude
December 10th, 2006, 02:26

an emulator is a program used within another program to play something else, a good example of an emulator is dgen which allows sega genesis (megadrive) games to be played on psp. the same with firmware emulators, DevHooh 0.51 allows 3.01 and 3.02 to be used on a 1.50 psp without upgrading

VampDude
December 10th, 2006, 02:29
uh.. i just click on the update button in the setting column and got 3.02 version which is the lateast

I did that with my first psp a few months ago and accidently upgraded to 2.80, a good peice of advice is to NEVER upgrade and just use the Firmware Loaders

VietPride
December 10th, 2006, 02:44
oh... ok. so i will never be able to play homebrew??? =(.. is there any way i can lower my version?

SnoopKatt
December 10th, 2006, 02:54
You can't lower it at the moment, but someone will probably find a way.
But anyways, this helped me out a lot, very useful program :)

shak bo
December 10th, 2006, 03:54
An emulator is a program that mimics another device, program or console. For example the very first emulator I put on my PSP was Nester J which emulates the old school 8-Bit Nintendo Entertainment System released in The United States in the mid 80's. Now I can play the old classics like Super Mario Brothers etc. On my Play Station Portable. Hope this helps.

Basil Zero
December 10th, 2006, 04:51
vampdude, is your file reliable?

VietPride
December 10th, 2006, 05:29
so can i run any 3.02 emulators?? and what is a Dev. Hook? I'm trying to install it but its really hard. can anyone help me out? step by step plz. thank you i would appreciated ot

VampDude
December 10th, 2006, 05:42
vampdude, is your file reliable?

yeah, it's reliable. i've used the same file on all my MemStick's which i've had no problems with either of them

VietPride
December 10th, 2006, 06:00
is there any Emulaters i can use for 3.02?

MicroNut
December 10th, 2006, 07:12
Cool.
I have 2.71+333WiFi, 3.01 and 3 .02 running fine.

A couple things.
In order to extract 3.02 you must use the newest DevHook release 0.510100

Expect to reset the system settings once for 3.02 and then again when booting into 1.5 again.
From what I can tell I didn’t loose any data when this happened to me.

Some games still don't boot in 3.02 but work fine in 2.71

The DevHook in screen menu is very cool.
I would like to see an option to disable the exit confirmation.

dejkirkby
December 10th, 2006, 08:53
is there any Emulaters i can use for 3.02?

Listen, there is ABSOLUTELY no homebrew available for 3.02 FW yet. That means no games, no apps and certainly no emulators. My advice is do one of two things.
1. Sell your 3.02 PSP and get hold of a 2.71 or less FW PSP.
2. Sit tight, don't upgrade and wait patiently for a downgrader or an eLoader.

Always remember the Golden Rule of PSP.

NEVER UPGRADE!

VampDude Are the files on your site already extracted from the PSAR? If so, they won't work on other people's PSP's.

Baboon
December 10th, 2006, 11:52
yeah, it's reliable. i've used the same file on all my MemStick's which i've had no problems with either of them

Yep everything is working spot on, thanx for the easy method of getting it to work. :D

One question though, Is there a way you can escape 3.2 emulation in devhook and return to 1.5? ...on DH .46 there was a way to do it that was included with the easy installer, but theres nothing with this new beta one?

Also can the eboot of the 3.2 update thats on the root of my memory stick be deleted once I've installed it with DH, or dose it require this each time I want to emulate 3.2?

Thanks again. :)

dejkirkby
December 10th, 2006, 13:08
Baboon, On the XMB you press HOME to bring up the DevHook menu and choose Escape the DevHook.
You can delete the EBOOT.PBP and the installer files in the GAME folder.

Baboon
December 10th, 2006, 13:13
Baboon, On the XMB you press HOME to bring up the DevHook menu and choose Escape the DevHook.
You can delete the EBOOT.PBP and the installer files in the GAME folder.

Ideal, cheers for that.

I reckon my next purchase now to give this a test is Metal gear solid. :thumbup:

danny12
December 10th, 2006, 13:17
does this method work on a 082 mobo ??

the_eternal_dark
December 10th, 2006, 17:28
does this method work on a 082 mobo ??

No, not unless you use reverse devhook from fw 2.71, you may be able to run the mem. stick only version.

Be aware, this is only speculation, I highly doubt it would work, but you could try. Oh, don't hold anyone responsible if your PSP goes crazy or has problems if you try to attempt this. :thumbup: Let us know how it goes.

lewy1471
December 10th, 2006, 17:34
i know this is slightly off topic but what is the certified utility this for on v 3.02(i think its called that)

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
December 10th, 2006, 17:58
cool for noobs :)

VietPride
December 10th, 2006, 18:59
Listen, there is ABSOLUTELY no homebrew available for 3.02 FW yet. That means no games, no apps and certainly no emulators. My advice is do one of two things.
1. Sell your 3.02 PSP and get hold of a 2.71 or less FW PSP.
2. Sit tight, don't upgrade and wait patiently for a downgrader or an eLoader.

Always remember the Golden Rule of PSP.

NEVER UPGRADE!

VampDude Are the files on your site already extracted from the PSAR? If so, they won't work on other people's PSP's.

then how come its call 3.02 FM Dev. Hook? cuz im new and it said 3.02... so.. im guessing its for version 3.02 ><

MicroNut
December 10th, 2006, 20:50
then how come its call 3.02 FM Dev. Hook? cuz im new and it said 3.02... so.. im guessing its for version 3.02 ><

DevHook is a firmware emulator.
Your PSP must be firmware version 1.5 to run it.

GUIDE: FULL DevHook FAQ (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-homebrew-and-hacks-help-21/t-guide-full-devhook-faq-66314.html)

Guide Vault: Firmware and Homebrew Capabilities (http://www.psp-vault.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-14.psp)

Firmware downgraders can be found linked on the front page of this website. (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/)

unanimatrix
October 28th, 2008, 21:52
my psp is version 4.05 >.<