PDA

View Full Version : NJ Updates his Neogeo MVS and CPS2 Emulators to v1.51

wraggster
December 10th, 2006, 02:36
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html) has released new versions of his NeoGeo MVS and CPS 2 Emulators for the PSP

Heres the translated whats new from the releases

First heres the CPS2 News

When the ZIP data compressed file is used, you can use those of the time before that way, but
Because as for the non data compressed file type is modified, please do again to draw up. Please refer to readme_cps2.txt of converter.

MAME abolishing the XOR table, if it is to become completely the cryptographic cancellation with CHD,
Because it cannot correspond with PSP, above this perhaps renewal it is not. Temporarily in the future how it becomes, watchful waiting.

Now the NeoGeo MVS News:

Because it seems that mslug4 does not operate normally it corrected. Because the memcard folder was not drawn up automatically, it corrected. At the time of DEBUG BIOS use it corrected the fact that the picture transforms. Already truly end. Above this there is no intention of attaching one stamp, is. mslug4 it freezes still? Once, it tried playing some time ago to the ending, but Problem does not occur. Now trying, after all, it does not freeze. It is from the [wa].

When UNIVERSE BIOS is used, when WORK ROM TEST is indicated in the time of the first starting, Opening one time menu, you close, (clears texture) with the test ends immediately. (Exceeding the texture size which the quantity of sprite guarantees, speed has decreased substantially
 Just with it is thought, but as for correcting with other BIOS influence it probably will put out to speed because is, leaving.)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

12loogies
December 10th, 2006, 02:45
this is AWESOME!!!! thanks for the help in getting the blood back in the slugs.

samthegreat68
December 10th, 2006, 03:04
so whats new with the CPS2??

Zombo
December 10th, 2006, 03:42
I've never played the King Of Fighters series *Dodges bullet* Can anyone tell me what the best entry is? :D

*Note*-Played King of Fighters '94 and SVC...Damn those are hard for a n00b player like me >_<

siulmagic
December 10th, 2006, 04:07
i love google trasnlations XD

btw nj great release man keep up the good work

samthegreat68
December 10th, 2006, 04:13
and does anybody know what the name of the best Neo Geo Bios is?

siulmagic
December 10th, 2006, 04:29
from what i can read the cps2 cache files now come in a non compresed cahe file meanng 1 file,so you dotn have to copy a hole bunch of files

Zombo
December 10th, 2006, 04:34
So what about the cache files >_< Google translations confuse me

Nopacnone
December 10th, 2006, 05:11
I've been trying to make this emulator work for months, but ive never managed to ! It always starts loading a game then says "could not allocate memory for sptite data. try to use sprite cache". And i did convert my game so i dont understand what the problem is. Can somebody help me ??

JOE2339
December 10th, 2006, 05:27
X-men vs street fighter and marvel vs capcom are full speed. Holy N.J.. You are the man. Thanks:thumbup:

mameuser
December 10th, 2006, 05:37
I got the feel that the version 1.30 were faster then this version (1.51).

Anyone?

EvilDooinz
December 10th, 2006, 06:28
Wow im so impressed no more constant loading off the ms for street fighter alpha 3 it runs full speed @ full screen 16:9 without rasters and vsync and sound at 11025Hz

shedeus
December 10th, 2006, 07:33
unbelievable... 1.51 is simply amazing

Nocuddle
December 10th, 2006, 08:00
I got the feel that the version 1.30 were faster then this version (1.51).

Anyone?

Actually alot faster in 1.32. 1.51 gives me stutter on my (fake?) Sony MS pro 4 gig, but not with my (fake?) Sandisk 2 gig.

No, I dont know if my cards is genuine or not. Bought it in China black market. :thumbup:

mameuser
December 10th, 2006, 08:29
Actually alot faster in 1.32. 1.51 gives me stutter on my (fake?) Sony MS pro 4 gig, but not with my (fake?) Sandisk 2 gig.

No, I dont know if my cards is genuine or not. Bought it in China black market. :thumbup:

I like the speed on 1.32 but I hate the 1000 of piece files.

BTW, I experience stutter on Marvel vs Capcom (During Opening Scene and In-game) but what game you using?

amadeus
December 10th, 2006, 08:38
Now that we have the sources how big a job would it be to compile OSX versions for the rom converters?

Not go the skill to do it myself otherwise I would.

Veskgar
December 10th, 2006, 10:56
Would anyone be so kind as to tell me which is the BEST BIOS version for this emulator to look for before I embark on a wild GOOGLE hunt.

I would appreciate it!

As always, AWESOME RELEASE NJ!

Chuthbert
December 10th, 2006, 11:16
So is console mode working now or not? Otherwise I'm not bothering.

He really needs to slow these releases down.

fucht017
December 10th, 2006, 11:50
Street Fighter Zero 3 is a bit jerky with CPS2 ver1.51...But thats the only one,the rest just plays like a dream...And the UNIBios doesn't work anymore if i use NEO GEO ver1.51..But isn't it great to play these classics on you're PSP?:D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 10th, 2006, 13:05
WOW ive lost count of how many pairs of underwear ive used this weekend ..... Great work all previous glitches have now gone..

Nocuddle
December 10th, 2006, 13:06
BTW, I experience stutter on Marvel vs Capcom (During Opening Scene and In-game) but what game you using?

Metal Slug 3 & KOF 2002 in particular, very visible.

So is console mode working now or not? Otherwise I'm not bothering.

Still working, am afraid so. :)

And the UNIBios doesn't work anymore if i use NEO GEO ver1.51.

It does work. Maybe u're refering to Work Test Ram screen. U just need to go back to menu & back to the game again.

Other than all bug fix, audio & speed increase, my only wish for a next update is the Dip Switch function. Im not talking about the machine dipswitch. It is a game dip switches which currently can be access it via Uni Bios & Debug Bios (req 2nd player). Dip 1(1-8) & Dip 2(1-8). Eg: switch on Dip 1-3 in KOF99 then u will play Krizalid (boss). :)

Baboon
December 10th, 2006, 13:29
Xmen Vs Streetfighter is now very jumpy with CPS2 version 1.51 kernel. I was going to revert back to the release before but I've deleted... doh!

Anbody know where I can get the previous release from?

Nocuddle
December 10th, 2006, 13:33
http://pspupdates.qj.net/category/Neo-Geo/cid/757

fucht017
December 10th, 2006, 13:37
"It does work. Maybe u're refering to Work Test Ram screen. U just need to go back to menu & back to the game again."..Thanx Nocuddle,works great now..It would be great to have the COMMAND.DAT(movelist) incooperated in this emu.;)

Amigamul8r
December 10th, 2006, 14:46
Hi NJ!

Just great work. Im impressed by the speed of the emulation. Fullspeed!

I have an idea for your next project: How about a fullspeed Amiga or SNES?

Greetings

Tobias

tragedie
December 10th, 2006, 15:16
I have an idea for your next project: How about a fullspeed SNES?

http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/snespsp.html

tunglashor
December 10th, 2006, 15:19
For those experiencing jerkiness with SFA3 and X-Men V SF when using 1.51 - what settings are you using? Because for me they run perfectly even with maximum sound quality. For X vs SF I can even turn on Raster Effects with no noticeable drop in quality! If I turn on Show FPS I can see that it occasionally drops below 100% but only briefly and it's not noticeable - it's definitely not jumpy.

Eternal-Blue
December 10th, 2006, 15:36
What makes raster effekt? faster/slower or it looks better?

Mr.Denny
December 10th, 2006, 15:47
Great!

I`ve never tried this NeoGeo emu before.

Can anyone suggest any roms?. :)

Mr. Shizzy
December 10th, 2006, 16:13
Great!

I`ve never tried this NeoGeo emu before.

Can anyone suggest any roms?. :)

Try the Metal slug series Mr. Denny. :D Also, SVC Chaos is an awesome fighting game. ;)

tunglashor
December 10th, 2006, 16:19
What makes raster effekt? faster/slower or it looks better?

As I understand it, raster effects are used to update the display mid-frame - basically the hardware calculates what to draw line-by-line, instead of frame by frame. So turning on this setting should improve certain animations etc. It requires more work by the CPU so for complicated games the speed is likely to decrease. Basically, try it for each game and if the framerate suffers, leave it turned off.

psp_sfdm
December 10th, 2006, 16:58
Would anyone be so kind as to tell me which is the BEST BIOS version for this emulator to look for before I embark on a wild GOOGLE hunt.

I would appreciate it!

As always, AWESOME RELEASE NJ!

Check your PM :)

Mr.Denny
December 10th, 2006, 17:26
Try the Metal slug series Mr. Denny. :D Also, SVC Chaos is an awesome fighting game. ;)

Thank you :)

However, i`m having trouble installing it. Anyone know the correct folder placement for this?. I mean, inside the main folder how should things be set up?.

hmong
December 10th, 2006, 20:55
Thanks again NJ! Damn... updates are so fast. I just went from 1.3 to 1.5 and now there's a 1.51 already. Good Job! Can't wait for the next project you're going to do... maybe a Sega Naomi Emulator... Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes...that would be freakin AWESOME!!!!...lol...Thanks again!

JadaBloom
December 10th, 2006, 22:54
Sega Naomi heh I wish dude if that were feaseable so would dreamcast and well we all know that's a longshot. Naomi had dbl the ram of a dreamcast now compare the psp's setup to the dreamcast then double it then think along the lines of emulation heh I don't even think there is a Naomi emu for pc anywhere altho I havn't checked into that in a while never know someone mighta took on that daunting task or it may be impossible like the cps3 boards

Bonghitman
December 10th, 2006, 23:52
I have waited a long time and used up 3 different 1.50 1st shipped motherboard (no numbers whatsoever where they are now!) and there are three emulators left i'm waiting for which are Final Burn,a port of NeoRage (i got all the cd's for just that emu :( ) Raine,and last but not least atari 7800...but among the top 6 that are out there now ( to me anways ) NJ's cps1/2 ,Exophases' GbPsp,snes tyl me,dgen (the last which simply have the most "proffesional GUI) i simply own a psp just for those and all the other wonderful apps

<jan '06 brikked psp 150>200>271*fatal downgrade:mad: <psp2150>2.71<150>271<150>2.80*sold:thumbup:
<psp3>260<150>271se-cw/devhook5.01>301>currently pimped :cool: ty all you psp"hacker/programer":thumbup:

tuta
December 11th, 2006, 00:44
Thanks NJ I got Marvel vs Capcom at fullspeed

Zombo
December 11th, 2006, 00:56
lol Im finally mastering Venom on Marvel Vs. Capcom thanks to NJ :)

Basil Zero
December 11th, 2006, 03:49
awesome, i just tested out the last version lol

gandhisfist
December 11th, 2006, 06:58
is there any way to played hacked roms like svcsplus?
cause i would love to be able to play with all the characters

thairacer
December 11th, 2006, 07:48
read the "readme.txt" ^^

Following games are supported by MAME, but will never support in MVSPSP.
(I HATE these hack/bootleg games.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROM set Game title
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kof97pls The King of Fighters '97 Plus (bootleg)
zintrckb Zintrick (hack / bootleg)
mslug3b6 Metal Slug 6 (Metal Slug 3 bootleg)
cthd2003 Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003 (The King of Fighters 2001 bootleg)
ct2k3sp Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003 Super Plus (The King of Fighters 2001 bootleg)
kf2k2pls The King of Fighters 2002 Plus (set 1, bootleg)
kf2k2pla The King of Fighters 2002 Plus (set 2, bootleg)
kf2k2mp The King of Fighters 2002 Magic Plus (bootleg)
kf2k2mp2 The King of Fighters 2002 Magic Plus II (bootleg)
kof10th The King Of Fighters 10th Anniversary (The King of Fighters 2002 bootleg)
kf2k5uni The King of Fighters 10th Anniversary 2005 Unique (The King of Fighters 2002 bootleg)
kf10thep The King of Fighters 10th Anniversary Extra Plus (The King of Fighters 2002 bootleg)
kof2k4se The King of Fighters Special Edition 2004 (The King of Fighters 2002 bootleg)
ms5plus Metal Slug 5 Plus (bootleg)
kf2k3bl The King of Fighters 2003 (bootleg, set 1)
kf2k3bla The King of Fighters 2003 (bootleg, set 2)
kf2k3pl The King of Fighters 2004 Plus / Hero (The King of Fighters 2003 bootleg)
kf2k3upl The King of Fighters 2004 Ultra Plus (The King of Fighters 2003 bootleg)
svcboot SvC Chaos - SNK vs Capcom (MVS) (bootleg)
svcplus SvC Chaos - SNK vs Capcom Plus (set 1, bootleg)
svcplusa SvC Chaos - SNK vs Capcom Plus (set 2, bootleg)
svcsplus SvC Chaos - SNK vs Capcom Super Plus (bootleg)
samsho5b Samurai Shodown V / Samurai Spirits Zero (bootleg)
lans2004 Lansquenet 2004 (Shock Troopers - 2nd Squad bootleg)
ms4plus Metal Slug 4 Plus (bootleg)

pichon
December 11th, 2006, 09:28
Is there any way to get into a training mode in MvsC, I doub't so since it's the arcade version but I have to ask, maybe some dip switch tweaking or something? :D

And about 1.51, I don't understand the google translation sorry, does it work with zip compression again, if so do we need to convert the files all over again, is speed as good as uncompressed, or is it really slower now as people are mentioning?

An advice for those new to the emu, remember that in neogeo roms after converting them you can delete the C and V files to save TONS of space. Remember to make a backup of the rom before trying this however so you don't delete anything critical.

Panini
December 11th, 2006, 09:39
An advice for those new to the emu, remember that in neogeo roms after converting them you can delete the C and V files to save TONS of space. Remember to make a backup of the rom before trying this however so you don't delete anything critical.

Do u delete this from the cahe or the rom?

pichon
December 11th, 2006, 10:41
from the rom. Basically, when you convert the rom the sound files are repeated twice, both in the cache and the rom itself, so you can delete safely this files from the rom itself. For example, in garou, you can delete all the 8mb files in the rom zip and you will still get perfect sound from the game (so that's 80mb more of space per game)

Panini
December 11th, 2006, 10:46
from the rom. Basically, when you convert the rom the sound files are repeated twice, both in the cache and the rom itself, so you can delete safely this files from the rom itself. For example, in garou, you can delete all the 8mb files in the rom zip and you will still get perfect sound from the game (so that's 80mb more of space per game)

Is it easy to reconise what the sound files are called then? or are they all aprox 8mg files?

Thankyou for that, i've put messages in the help section but nobody replied. This is a great tip to save space, ill try this later.

pichon
December 11th, 2006, 11:14
In big roms they use to take 8mb while in smaller ones its about 4mb. They are the ones with 'c' or 'v' in the name if I remember well.

Amigamul8r
December 11th, 2006, 11:21
As I understand it, raster effects are used to update the display mid-frame - basically the hardware calculates what to draw line-by-line, instead of frame by frame. So turning on this setting should improve certain animations etc. It requires more work by the CPU so for complicated games the speed is likely to decrease. Basically, try it for each game and if the framerate suffers, leave it turned off.

Hi!

As i know, raster effects are used to change colors so fast that every line appears to have a different color - it is even possible to change so fast that every pixel gets a different color. Old systems have a limitation how many colors can be displayed at the same time. For example 32 Colors chosen from 4096. With raster effects you get access to all 4096 colors by always changing one of these 32 chosen colors. Understand?

It is often used to make a background (sky) smooth. Look at this example Here (http://images.google.de/images?svnum=10&hl=de&lr=&q=chambers+shaolin+screenshots+-syntax&btnG=Suche).

Look at the sky in the first 2 pictures - those are raster effects. The 3rd picture shows the same game on a different system - turning off raster effects causes the sky appear like this.

Raster effects need very much speed. So they can slow down emulation very much. Some games run fullspeed with raster effects turned off but very slow with raster effects.

Greetings

Tobias

fucht017
December 11th, 2006, 14:54
Thanx for the tip Pichon..Does this system also works on CPS2 roms?;)

tunglashor
December 11th, 2006, 15:22
fucht017 - for CPS2, when you run the converter it lists a bunch of files from the ROM - all of these can be deleted from the ROM once the cache is generated (but keep a backup copy)

fucht017
December 11th, 2006, 16:12
Tanks Tunglashor but wich files can i remove?Do i remove files from the cache folder or the zipped rom?:(

wilbur
December 11th, 2006, 17:02
Does matrimelee work for this emu?
just considering whether to give it a whizz on the wind

tunglashor
December 11th, 2006, 17:05
Remove them from the zipped rom - the list shows which files have been cached, which means the emulator will look in the cache for those files, not the rom.

By the way if you use the converter that comes with version 1.51 you should get a single cache file for each rom, not a folder.

fucht017
December 11th, 2006, 17:19
I still use Cps2 v3.0,beceause Mslug3 for instance, goes a bit jerky with v1.51...but thanks Tunglashor;)

tunglashor
December 11th, 2006, 17:27
Mslug is a neo-geo game though... do you find any CPS2 games run slower with the new version? For me everything runs perfectly (same goes for neo-geo although I haven't tried Mslug 3)

fucht017
December 11th, 2006, 18:16
hahaha you're right...I mean Street fighter Zero 3 goes a bit jerky with Cps2 v1.51...And yes Mslug3 runs great,strangely enough even smoother than Mslug2.In fact like you sad, all of the Neo Geo games runs realy great:D

Panini
December 11th, 2006, 18:56
hahaha you're right...I mean Street fighter Zero 3 goes a bit jerky with Cps2 v1.51...And yes Mslug3 runs great,strangely enough even smoother than Mslug2.In fact like you sad, all of the Neo Geo games runs realy great:D

With the cps2 1.30, evertying seems fine on that version. When i try 1.51 it makes quite a few games jerky.

Do you need to convert the roms again if you go from CPS2 1.30 to v1.51? ...this is trhe only thing i have not tried again but i was hoping the converter had not changed??

Anima229
December 11th, 2006, 18:58
Well I asked this in the previous forum but got no response,Does any1 else have this problem I have with the x-men vs street fighter game in the new york stage,After the ground breaks and the characters fall my entire screen goes blocky but the game continues to play,Is there anyway to fix this?, Or could it be the rom itself?

fucht017
December 11th, 2006, 19:59
With the cps2 1.30, evertying seems fine on that version. When i try 1.51 it makes quite a few games jerky.

Do you need to convert the roms again if you go from CPS2 1.30 to v1.51? ...this is the only thing i have not tried again but i was hoping the converter had not changed??
Yes,you also get a upgrade version of the converter(ver8)..ver8 convert a lot faster tough..Only some games(Sfz3) are a bit jerky with ver 1.51.

Panini
December 11th, 2006, 20:12
Well I asked this in the previous forum but got no response,Does any1 else have this problem I have with the x-men vs street fighter game in the new york stage,After the ground breaks and the characters fall my entire screen goes blocky but the game continues to play,Is there anyway to fix this?, Or could it be the rom itself?

Go back to v1.30 then cause it plays perfect for me.

edit: I've just tried marvel vs streetfighter and the graphics crash half way though the game when you fall down to the second background, Turning raster on makes no difference. Im sure NJ will sort these problems out once he is made aware of any bugs.

Yes,you also get a upgrade version of the converter(ver8)..ver8 convert a lot faster tough..Only some games(Sfz3) are a bit jerky with ver 1.51.

Thanks for the info, again i think i'll stick with 1.30 though because all the street fighter game play very well.

blackwolf
December 11th, 2006, 21:20
how do you get Marvel VS Capcom to work on the cps2 emulator.. its still blacked out..

Zombo
December 11th, 2006, 22:23
Oh and one final thing :P Can anyone teach me how to do Team Supers and Team Attacks on Marvel Vs Capcom,Marvel Vs Street Fighter...etc? (Easy mode)

fucht017
December 11th, 2006, 22:33
Go to IGN game site.They got tons of faqs..Like moves list..how to do Team Supers etc..Good luck.

Zombo
December 11th, 2006, 22:40
I know that...Im trying to do it on Easy Mode (Which I can't find a FAQ on except for a few moves)

tunglashor
December 12th, 2006, 01:31
how do you get Marvel VS Capcom to work on the cps2 emulator.. its still blacked out..

You need the mvscar1 clone rom as well as the main mvsc one. If you have them both, you should be able to select one of them in the menu.

If you want you can combine them so that you don't have two entries for the game in the menu - follow these steps (backup your roms first though):

1. generate a cache for mvsc.zip
2. rename the cache to mvscar1.cache
3. copy the contents of mvsc.zip into mvscar1.zip (you can delete the files mvc.13m - 20m first to save space)
4. put mvscar1.zip in your roms folder and mvscar1.cache in your cache folder (you don't need mvsc.zip)

(this is assuming you're using the latest version - the cache file name will be different if you're using an older converter)

Hopefully I got all that right! I'm pretty sure that's what I did.

nemoseiya
December 12th, 2006, 02:42
does this emu support adhoc mode?

tunglashor
December 12th, 2006, 11:44
nemoseiya - no, adhoc isn't supported but MikeDX is working on it...

By the way version 1.60 of CPS2PSP is now available! It sounds like the rom converter is the only thing that's changed, but I could be wrong. Also, it looks like the other emulators have also been updated but only source code is available.

Baboon
December 12th, 2006, 11:53

By the way version 1.60 of CPS2PSP is now available! It sounds like the rom converter is the only thing that's changed, but I could be wrong. Also, it looks like the other emulators have also been updated but only source code is available.

Hey thats great news! I knew that NJ would update his emu's again... the guys a legend! :)

Im at work now and my internet blocks NJ's site cause its not in english, hopefuly someone on this site will put this into the submit news section so I can see the changes.

tunglashor
December 12th, 2006, 12:05
Well, in the meantime I can give you google's attempt at translation..!

CPS1PSP/CPS2PSP/MVSPSP modification point

1.60 Type of cash file of <CPS2PSP> non compression re-modification.
It seems that has the case where you feel that it became slow, but because perhaps as for cause the header of odd size is attached, the fact that it reaches the point where the data starts from the middle of the cluster of FAT seems like cause.
It renewed romcnv_cps2.exe to ver.9 as a counter-measure, in combination with position inside the file of the data of the non compressed cash file to 64KB, in order to arrange, it modified.
It is the number of hands, but please draw up non compressed cash for the second time.
(It does not read any which were drawn up with ver.8 optimizing the cord/code of) [rainsukuroru] drawing in version mismatch. Also the source code simplified processing.

Processing of the cord/code of <CPS1PSP> drawing processing was simplified same as CPS2PSP.

<MVSPSP> [rihuretsushiyureto] from 60Hz modification to the same as apparatus 59.1856Hz.
Perhaps in the past compared to it reached the point where same period of sound and the picture takes.
With the influence the indication of FPS 59 becomes the upper limit. In addition, it goes down to about 57fps periodically, but because it is error in regard to calculation, please make sure not to make the air.
Renewing the version of State Data attendant upon above-mentioned and modification. The time before there is no compatibility.

That's from the change notes included with the source. The only new binary available is for CPS2 - hopefully someone will compile the others at some point.

onedestinazn2
December 12th, 2006, 13:11
whys samsho5 on the list of never supported roms for mvspsp cuz i have it and it wrks fine

onedestinazn2
December 12th, 2006, 13:12
btw can cps2 run mame roms?

fucht017
December 12th, 2006, 17:02
CPS2 v1.60 kernel just works wonderful...All the Street fighters for instance moves so smooth...Thank you very much for you're dedication and hard work NJ:thumbup:

grit
December 12th, 2006, 17:50

That's true.

MikeDX, where are you? Can you compile those for us?
TIA! :)

student1
December 13th, 2006, 15:45
Hey guys anyone had problems with metal slug 4, seems to crash on motorcycle part on the first stage. Tried 3 different roms with uncompressed cache and does the same thing. Anyone had the same problem?

grit
December 15th, 2006, 01:57
Hey guys anyone had problems with metal slug 4, seems to crash on motorcycle part on the first stage. Tried 3 different roms with uncompressed cache and does the same thing. Anyone had the same problem?
Yes. :( Me and others.
Being testing all day with standard bios, uni-bios and misc settings and no luck.

schoeps
December 16th, 2006, 20:25
All of a sudden I am getting "Could not allocate memory for sprite data"
and
ERROR: File not found or CRC32 not correct "spr_usage (spr pen usage)"
Never got this before this release... Did I delete something?

TONY-T
December 17th, 2006, 02:47
i get the metal slug 4 crashing problem, and i allso have a weird metal slug 5 and samurai showdown 5 problem were the screen isnt displayed propperley..

Only parts of the screen are displaying while the main screen only displays in black.. very weird. anyone else having this problem?

Snuffles
January 19th, 2007, 17:27
can someone help me set this up ? i cant get it to work,it just says corrupt data :S can i get a step by step guide ? got no clue how you set this up,tried googles translator but it wont work...

tsurumaru
January 20th, 2007, 01:49
Wait, why are you bumping a thread of a very old release of this emulator? Corrupt data? What version firmware do you have?

Snuffles
January 20th, 2007, 11:05
Hey sorry,i just came into this site and got that as a link for it,whats the newer release ? i have the latest firmware update , v 3.02

tsurumaru
January 20th, 2007, 18:39
Is this Dark AleX's 3.02OEA firmware or the official Sony 3.02? If its the Sony version then I'll go easy on you but its not possible to run anything other than official Sony programmes on Firmware above 2.80. So sorry, but no homebrew for you :( .
...and before you ask there isn't a way to downgrade to 2.80 or below yet...... :(

The final release for this was 1.66 running all compatible CPS 1 & 2 games at full speed.

Snuffles
January 20th, 2007, 21:53
yeh its the sony one,haha dang

i lost the latest version when i lost my old memory stick though...could you not just delete everything but hold onto your save files then copy them back accross ?

tsurumaru
January 20th, 2007, 22:29
No, its the Firmware that is flashed onto your NAND chip in your PSP that determines whether you can run ANYTHING other than Sony's official programmes, sorry.

carlitx
January 20th, 2007, 22:31
ok iv seen this around before and i still have no idea wat roms it emulates or wat it is some one explain please...

tsurumaru
January 21st, 2007, 02:36
Remember always Google and Wikipedia are your friends:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPS-2

;)

carlitx
January 21st, 2007, 02:44
ok thnx dude well wen i herd street fighter i was on board cause iv been loooking for a good fighter game

tsurumaru
January 21st, 2007, 03:18
This isn't the easiest emulator to get up and running so I'll refer you to the guide thread on here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31448

and the final release:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47206

carlitx
January 21st, 2007, 15:47
ok thnx again cause iv been trying to get dungens and dragons up and running but it wint work with the converter or emu the only game working is dtreet fighter